Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) (83950 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by SoccerUSA(m): 10:56pm On May 10, 2020
Alwaysachick:

The 5star hotels are abiding by the rules I guess they know what's at stake.

I don't like when ppl get sentimental over things that if was done right won't have attracted consequences.

How can one(or group) make that kind of stupid law!
That's absolute wickedness and doesn't worth It

Why not seal it and prosecute the offender(s)?

He just wan show say nahin be the Gov!

Make he sha remember say God dey.

Until it happens to you or one of your family you will know what's up rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by luluman: 11:01pm On May 10, 2020
okomile:
Continue

Na your time now

Tomr dey round d corner oooo
You outlaw.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by luluman: 11:02pm On May 10, 2020
adekolaelect:
Enjoy your wickedness till it last . I don't see where they cut off head because of its headache .Everything will become an history ,you just need small time.
You outlaw.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Globad(f): 11:15pm On May 10, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Please, Wike's own money is Rivers money.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Globad(f): 11:18pm On May 10, 2020
Jo1nation:
the law is the law, Wike is what we Need in this country to fight covid 19 and boko haram

Quote the law that Wike relied on to demolish the hotel.

Simple question
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by AnanseK(m): 11:20pm On May 10, 2020
When you have a psychopath as Governor
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by justli: 11:22pm On May 10, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
and the hotel operators had the option of obeying the executive order signed by the governor same way every other law abiding citizen have been obeying

Are you saying woke would have shot the owner with a gun if he so wishes? Not obeying lockdown doesn't warant demolition of premise. I hope someone sues him quickly to prevent other governors from learning from his misguided approach.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by EmmySparky(m): 11:43pm On May 10, 2020
This is too much na...Oga Wike.ed
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by GENTLETEE(m): 11:59pm On May 10, 2020
Whatever it is, does not justify demolishing those hotels! What stops him from just sealing them instead. I have lost every atom of respect for him!i
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Durchess(f): 12:08am On May 11, 2020
That was too much, he should have sealed the hotel and then give them fine to pay. How do they recover from demolition. Governor open eye destroy person property at a time like this. Too bad
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by olamisamueloi: 12:19am On May 11, 2020
Wike is a Devil in human flesh. Why demolish the property??
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by KayCee92(m): 12:56am On May 11, 2020
Wike, many love you and applaud the zeal and energy with which you started this fight against the Corona viruse but Nairaland is united once again in their voice and condemns this action in its entirety. What is bad is bad. However, wike is but a human, sometimes we go overboard just because we are pushed too hard. What's done is done, he could just tender an apology once this era of virus is done with. I think he should compensate them privately.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by solochiben(m): 12:58am On May 11, 2020
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Chimasoka: 1:01am On May 11, 2020
Don't Be A 40 Seconds Man | Go From 40 Seconds 40 Minutes Man!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOkAKMFPag
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 1:05am On May 11, 2020
grin so anything he order...police go just do

zombie
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by glasshouse(m): 1:11am On May 11, 2020
I personally don't expect anythibg good from Wike . his a complete useless man. Am saying it with facts . look at his track records and what he is doing as a governor is there anything different .

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by truthstands01: 1:41am On May 11, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
But presidential hotel is operating full time. Why has wike not demolished it. Because it is a state govt owned hotel.

I like wike but I disagree with him on this demolition.

I pray wike should not incure the wrath of Rivers people.

Wike lacks humility or loyalty, he respects no one, never willing to take advice from anyone.

I urge Gov wike to tender an unreserved appology to the people of Rivers state, rebuild the hotel and compensate the hotel owners.

Absolutely correct.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by ddeola: 1:57am On May 11, 2020
Hmm...Em dey do him own now o. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by ogatboy(m): 1:59am On May 11, 2020
When they sue him to court, he'll know how far. Idiot ppl ruling Nigeria
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Mogonna(m): 2:04am On May 11, 2020
[url][/url]
TodayNAlways:
sad
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:07am On May 11, 2020
DonBenny77:

It is more primitive not to adhere to simple instructions infact it is nauseating

Nothing justifies what Wike did.

He claims to have a law degree, but yet couldn't back up his action with any existing or emergency law.

Under the law, every offense has a punishment that fits it.

The fact that you are a governor does not mean you can pass judgment as you deem fit.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Mayflowa(m): 2:08am On May 11, 2020
Idokovick:
Are we still in democracy

No! This is tyranny! This case needs to be adjudicated. State executive order cannot trump our constitution. Wike doesn't have the constitutional power to destroy property that is not illegally acquired.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by seunfape(m): 2:48am On May 11, 2020
Action man
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:51am On May 11, 2020
VEE2010:
I have read so many comments here that people are busy cursing the governor. Tomorrow, the same people will compare our country to Dubai and China, then accuse the country of not competing favorably with other countries, they were almost at the same level of development a few decades ago. The answer is simple! These countries with which we usually compare Nigeria are places where the law works. Covid-19 is real and if a constituted authority orders people to stay at home, I wonder why some violate this order and yet you blame the government for sending a clear message to deter others. I know that if we allow the death penalty to prevail in this country, the same sentimental comments will fill the air. The same death penalty is what has helped these countries that we usually jump to compare Nigeria with the habit of developing their countries. Well done Wike for that!

Lockdown rules are being broken everywhere in the world. People are getting arrested, fined or jailed. No properties have been demolished. No cars have been impounded and/or auctioned.

In April alone, over 22000 Americans broke lockdown regulations. How about that?

So, I don't understand what Wike's obsession is with people's properties. The other day, he was impounding and auctioning people's vehicles.

Even the FRSC don't auction people's cars for breaking traffic regulations.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Profadvocate: 2:54am On May 11, 2020
This is wickedness.......
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Profadvocate: 2:58am On May 11, 2020
This is wickedness.......Even in lagos with the highest index cases there are still skeleton services from hotels

If that hotel was for your blood relative and the only means of survivor will you destroy it.

Sir ...u will pay for this one day and what belong to u also will b brought down in same manner

Let's obey directive pls as our governors are now aguero and bringing pains to those that brought them to power

I can see litigation and lawyers food is ready
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Flier: 3:08am On May 11, 2020
okomile:
Continue

Na your time now

Tomr dey round d corner oooo
He just used his hot temperament to destroy his career
No sane man will ever vote for him again

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by pareto(m): 4:00am On May 11, 2020
Jungle justice this is.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Adanne9110(f): 4:06am On May 11, 2020
Globad:

This is a very sensible option for him to have taken.

I still find it very hard to believe that he demolished the hotels

Seriously,,, he should have converted it to an isolation centre,that only will spoil the image of the hotel and finally fine the owner for that. Why is it that when they get there on seat,it becomes very difficult to reason rationally.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by One4me: 4:09am On May 11, 2020
festacman:
It is primitive, unchristian, unnecessary and indefensible to demolish a going concern that employs people and pays tax in a struggling economy. Wike had the option to seal these hotels and fine the operators' heavily but chose to walk this path of malevolence. Sad.

When we said Wike is another Fayose in the making, people thought we are just talking Politics!
Wike is a PDP Thug and it is sad that he is a Lawyer too and his wife is the Chief Judge of the same state that he is Governor, who will prosecute him in court in that state and win, even without immunity?

That he personally supervised the demolition of the Hotel shows he is on a vengeance mission but l hope that if he or one of his Governors office or Lodge staff tests positive for Covid, he would destroy the Governor's office or Lodge due to transmission of Covid-19.

Rivers women will be like: Our Husband has gone Mad
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by 9iceprince(m): 4:24am On May 11, 2020
So, you would have demolished Funke Akindele's house For holding a Party during Lockdown

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

3 In 1 Flyover Built In Kano By Governor Ganduje (Photos) / Ajimobi's Burial: No Social Distancing As People Struggle To Get Food (Video) / Please Call Tinubu To Order, Dele Momodu Tells President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.