Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) (83941 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by mordred44: 9:02pm On May 10, 2020
wike 4get sey dis power go end 1day....kontinu
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by PMBtill2023: 9:04pm On May 10, 2020
Theboss100:
Shut up my man. All of you up there castigating him should SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPP.. You people are driving me crazy. Do u know what is happening in Rivers State?? Policemen are collecting bribe to let strangers in despite the border closure. If this COVID 19 cases in Rivers escalate, APC Rivers will mock him as a failure. You will also join in mocking him. He doesn't want that hence this strict rules. So shut up and blame FG for all this and not Governor Wike
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by SirBunky85(m): 9:06pm On May 10, 2020
Tookool:
Is that a hotel? No
Guest house? Yes
Wike demolished a guest house not a hotel ... stop exaggerating
can dash someone 500k?why are u talking carelessly here?was the guest house not built with money?were people earning a living by being employed there or not?you people just sound so dumb while trying so hard to be seen as being wise.nonsense

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Miracle1991: 9:06pm On May 10, 2020
hardeycute:
Wike is a psychopath no doubt, it's even more embarrassing because he is a Lawyer.

I'm more interested in your second paragraph, will Buhari be walking freely also if we are to apply the Law strictly? Don't be an hypocrite, a simple Yes or No will suffice.
you are free to tender your evidence if Buhari is corrupt.
Buhari has stolen nothing,if you have evidence present it.or shut up.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by SirBunky85(m): 9:06pm On May 10, 2020
Tookool:
Is that a hotel? No
Guest house? Yes
can u dash someone 500k?why are u talking carelessly here?was the guest house not built with money?were people earning a living by being employed there or not?you people just sound so dumb while trying so hard to be seen as being wise.nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by anyicash(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2020
Abuse of power..like they said "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by uvie66: 9:09pm On May 10, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Why is Wike so scared of Corona virus? this is almost like paranoia, abeg take am easy grin
I weakooo... statistics shows there's 90% recovery, why is man been heavyhanded.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Miracle1991: 9:09pm On May 10, 2020
You render the employees of that hotel jobless and their families will surfer just because you are power drunk. When ever you see ipob pigs supporting a politician please check that politician very well.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by femi4: 9:11pm On May 10, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
and the hotel operators had the option of obeying the executive order signed by the governor same way every other law abiding citizen have been obeying
So if you have headache, you ll cut off your head.

If your son disobey your law, you ll bury him

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by uvie66: 9:11pm On May 10, 2020
Tookool:
Is that a hotel? No
Guest house? Yes
whether a guest house or hotel what difference does it make, it still another man's property.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by optimus106(m): 9:14pm On May 10, 2020
festacman:
It is primitive, unchristian, unnecessary and indefensible to demolish a going concern that employs people and pays tax in a struggling economy. Wike had the option to seal these hotels and fine the operators' heavily but chose to walk this path of malevolence. Sad.

Obey the law...

They deserve it.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Miracle1991: 9:14pm On May 10, 2020
Imagine it was Buhari that destroy that hotel. Hhmmmnn I swear ipob would have reported him to UN,US,AU,FIFA,SERAP,UNESCO etc.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by tunize(m): 9:15pm On May 10, 2020
This man forget sey e own ppl sabi carry gun and him go comot for power, if he continues creating enemies like this he might end up been assasinated someday.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by ddippset(m): 9:16pm On May 10, 2020
hardeycute:
Rubbish!

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by adeyemiemma(m): 9:19pm On May 10, 2020
Ahh.......this is not good at least he should have given them fine to pay.........this will spoil his good works
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by francaofzion: 9:21pm On May 10, 2020
Some people should call this man to order please. He is punishing his people.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by tinsel: 9:28pm On May 10, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
and the hotel operators had the option of obeying the executive order signed by the governor same way every other law abiding citizen have been obeying
Your name is powerintoxicate and you are supporting Wike foe destroying sombebody's means of livelihood over nonsense lockdown? I know you answered this name because of Buhari.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by SetZ(m): 9:30pm On May 10, 2020
optimus106:

Obey the law...

They deserve it.

See one of Nigeria's Problem
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by kpokpo1(m): 9:31pm On May 10, 2020
This is not true we all know that. You should have sealed it up.

Gemid94:
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has given reasons why he demolished Prodest Hotel in Alode and Etemeteh Hotel in Onne, both in Eleme Local Government Area of the state.

Wike said the hotels were demolished after it violated an Executive Order on COVID 19, despite warnings from the State government.

The Governor said that the focus on hotels was because one of the coronavirus cases in the state spread the virus from a hotel.

Wike who monitored the demolition of Prodest Hotel, Alode, Eleme said his action was in line with the Rivers State Government Executive Order 6, which banned the operation of hotels across the 23 Local Government Areas of the State.

Governor Wike told newsmen at the demolition scene that the law must be obeyed, hence the State Government’s decision to enforce it.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/covid-19-gov-wike-gives-reasons-for-demolishing-two-hostels

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5ox_DlPmE
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by kpokpo1(m): 9:32pm On May 10, 2020
Nonsense. You should have sealed it up.

Gemid94:
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has given reasons why he demolished Prodest Hotel in Alode and Etemeteh Hotel in Onne, both in Eleme Local Government Area of the state.

Wike said the hotels were demolished after it violated an Executive Order on COVID 19, despite warnings from the State government.

The Governor said that the focus on hotels was because one of the coronavirus cases in the state spread the virus from a hotel.

Wike who monitored the demolition of Prodest Hotel, Alode, Eleme said his action was in line with the Rivers State Government Executive Order 6, which banned the operation of hotels across the 23 Local Government Areas of the State.

Governor Wike told newsmen at the demolition scene that the law must be obeyed, hence the State Government’s decision to enforce it.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/covid-19-gov-wike-gives-reasons-for-demolishing-two-hostels

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5ox_DlPmE
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by priscaoge(f): 9:34pm On May 10, 2020
Those hotels could have been locked, have the owners fined or better still used for isolation. This act clearly shows that apart from greed and wickedness, y'all in position of power are nothing but tyrants angry angry

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by adekolaelect(m): 9:34pm On May 10, 2020
6digitscomrade:
borrow data and watch his explanations first so ignorance and poverty clouded emotions won’t make u exist amongst instead of living..
explanation for intensionally destroying someone hard earned properties in the name of fighting invisible virus .ask yourself how many testing Kitts ,Isolation centers and awareness had he provided for his state? Tell us what he has dished out for his people as palliative in his state to warrant his people to stay at home peacefully ? Tell us how positively the demolition of properties can contribute to the successful fighting of covid 19 in his state ?I can't blame you for supporting him ,the same thing affected you and your people fearing of establishing any good business in you region simply because of bitterness in whatever you do. Migrators always blame their host simply because of election but supporting their Governor of impunity by destroying people's ventures simply because of his ego of tyranny.

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Beautyaddy: 9:37pm On May 10, 2020
Meninmen:

I'm not in support of what wike did, but don't give an analogy that is faulty. Wike can't be persecuted while in office because he has immunity, so, in essence, no law can be applied to Governor wike. It's funny, but it's the sad reality. Secondly , if you have evidence that wike has looted, keep the evidence. It will be needed when he leaves office

So anyone in government power in Nigeria is above the law?

Are you sure you know what you're saying
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Uchelyn30: 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:

There's no reason to justify his action. The best thing he would have done was to temporally seal and prosecute the owners.

Demolishing somebody's source of livelihood is the most stupid thing to have done. Fight corona virus and leave peoples properties alone, not obeying lockdown is not a criminal offence.

He should understand that somebody was the governor before him and he will equally vacate that seat one day for another person, so be guided.

ABOUT DEMOLITION OF HOTEL BY WIKE:

I have read several articles in this platform where people are just pointing accusing fingers on the government without carrying out proper investigations as to know what really happened.

1. Did you know that the demolished hotel did not just operate, but, was hosting a party amidst this covid-19 pandemic??

2. Did you also know that the wanted PDP youth leader of eleme is the owner of the said hotel??

3. Did you also know that he shot at the covid-19 committee members that went to carry out their job by letting them know that what they were doing was against the executive order of the state government??

4. Did you also know that just because he's a PDP youth leader, so, he felt he can disobey the order of the Government?? Show leadership by example.

5. Did you also know that the said hotel habors prostitutes even in this covid-19 pandemic??

6. As a PDP youth leader, he should have shown example to the people he's leading, but, he decided to do otherwise.

Now that you know, what else do you still have to say??
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by kay10: 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
I don't even understand those people that employ this bastard as a governor, a baboon that is not fit to be a local government chairman let alone state governor
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by remigreat(f): 9:43pm On May 10, 2020
Wike you will never sleep in peace again, your deeds shall continue to hunt you and you shall spend your latter days in sicknesses.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Unrated900(m): 9:51pm On May 10, 2020
I pity wike
He want to act like trump
Never possible
Always be your self don’t emulate or imitate anyone.
Senseless person

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Tookool(m): 9:51pm On May 10, 2020
uvie66:
whether a guest house or hotel what difference does it make, it still another man's property.
I didn't say he did the right thing by demolishing the structure ...I only felt the op should have used the right term
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by LaJoe2: 9:52pm On May 10, 2020
festacman:
It is primitive, unchristian, unnecessary and indefensible to demolish a going concern that employs people and pays tax in a struggling economy. Wike had the option to seal these hotels and fine the operators' heavily but chose to walk this path of malevolence. Sad.

But the man gave a forewarning according to him and told them the penalty of defaulting the directive. So can you really say he is wicked.
Disregard for the laws of this nation is another factor that has hindered development.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Friend22(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2020
When I said this governor is the worst thing that happened to Rivers state some senseless politically driven idiots thought I was just speaking out if hatred.
Now, they should judge him now.

This guy is not even fit to lead a local government yet he is governors of one of the crucial states in th south.
Peter Odili has vocal as he is didn't half what Thia ma'am has done..
Rivera people go hear am hot
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by YorubaNinja: 9:54pm On May 10, 2020
LimAnc:
I just the observe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Mr. Observer!
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Omotaday(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2020
ndcide:

It happens everywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8291341/amp/Texas-judge-JAILS-defiant-hair-salon-owner-opened-business-despite-stay-home-orders.html
Tried by the court, option to be jailed for 7 days or pay 7k fine.

How is that relate to what this senseless gov did?

Una matter tire me for this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

"God Forbid" – Aisha Yesufu Disagrees With Peter Obi Over Governorship Candidate / 3 In 1 Flyover Built In Kano By Governor Ganduje (Photos) / Ajimobi's Burial: No Social Distancing As People Struggle To Get Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.