Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (61864 Views)

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? / Help I'm Loosing My Mind / Please Advice Me On My Family Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Eketem: 3:28pm On May 17, 2020
Your sister didn't call police and get him locked up for assault, the nonsense will continue
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Modupetemmy1(f): 4:12pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:
Beautiful people, he has been found.... Badly beaten and bruised....from what my mum told me.... I'll get back to u all on this.

thank God ooo, I am so happy for you,pls you and your sis should take him to the hospital and don't allow him to return to his house else that boy and your mum will keep frustrating him. remember you only have one dad and no matter his state of health he still remains your father.
as for that boy, just go to panti at adekunle and meet any of the officer there, report his conduct I can assure you that he will be dealt with also he will be ask to write an undertaking that nothing will happen to you and your sis and also your father

trust me that boy needs to be dealt with else he might harm your dad just to inherit the house.pls take a step

7 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by swagguElite(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2020
Congratulations on finding your Dad.

I saw reasonable comments about taking your Dad far away from his wife n his spoilt son. Nice idea but old people die faster when they are alone. They need people around them.

He has no choice than to stay with one of his daughters or stay in his house with his wife.

Your brother is long gone. No offence - He's like a Rottweiler (dog) who havin' been feed love, too much love n got cocky marking the house with his pee as the new landlord. Arrogant. Bullishly movin' around.

Do you start training it to behave while fending off his bites n loud grunting OR yu just sell it to avoid getting mauled in the middle of the night. Or better still since yu can't sell your brother leave him to continue his rash behavior n let nature deal with him coming in a shape of a woman or a ghastly accident - people change with sudden life flashing before eyes experiences that mend rotten behaviours.

it is not your fault that he got spoilt
Three (3) women n one (1) weak daddy - its all of youuuu's fault.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by cybriz82(m): 6:19pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:

We were Helpless, we had lots of pending issues, u really don't know we are going thru emotionally... I hope we find my dad that's what we are particular about now....

U will find him in Jesus name all m saying is that u guys are too slow n alots of damage av been done already...now una give dat small boy wings n now he is flying high above iz level..mek him no worry ceiling fan go cut d wings one day..
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by cybriz82(m): 6:28pm On May 17, 2020
Pearl05:
Firstly your sister's husband ought to arrest that brother of yours for battering his wife and kids.

Keep searching your your father, when he returns one of you( daughters) should take him in and live with him, the one that has more space in her home either rich or not. It's just additional mouth to feed.

About the house, it depends on your tribe. Igbos hardly give females inheritance except for the very rich and enlightened one. But for your story plot, I guess that you are yoruba; if this is true then once your dad is of sound mind again let him get a lawyer and pen down his will.

Nice one..even if na to will am to orphanage home...to teach ur bro n mum a lesson they ll never forget in der life time..
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Lamanii22(f): 10:03pm On May 17, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
I just hate reading people apologizing for their so-called typos or wrong grammar and sentence.

Is English your mother tongue?

How may Oyinbo sabi speak and write Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa?

I swear... Understanding is all that matters... I think we need to stop apologizing for typos and errors...

@OP and that woman is your biological mother? (I didn't mean to be disrespectful to your mom)...Your sister should have your younger brother arrested though, he need to be taught a lesson...

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Tladybukky(f): 10:07pm On May 17, 2020
Sincerely it took you people a very long time to take your father away from those evil people, i mean your mum and your brother. You have done that long time ago, not wait till things get out of control.

I pray that your father will be fine, give him the right medication, i hope he doesn't have high blood pressure and diabetes.

Pray for him and show him love, let him stay with all of you girls and let him always see you and his grand children around.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Lastmankc(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
I just hate reading people apologizing for their so-called typos or wrong grammar and sentence.

Is English your mother tongue?

How may Oyinbo sabi speak and write Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa?
I tire ooo brother. I have not seen Chinese president speaking English .

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Tladybukky(f): 10:11pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:

They all know her attitude, she just goes to church, worships and lives, she practically lives in isolation with only few people she talks to, she doesn't even talk to me but she does to my husband... I have asked my husband if my daddy can come leave with us, he said no problem, but yoruba sees it as a taboo, given that I'm not a boy and that he also built his house, and that people will ask why my mum can't take care of him.

Since your husband agreed to it, to hell with taboo, you can't buy a father ooo, he can always take turn in staying with any of you girls.

3 months with one of you, and another 3 months with you.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Mummyimbecile(m): 10:12pm On May 17, 2020
If you guys love your father, one of you guys (either you the OP,or your sisters) should take him in, Let him stay with you guys for sometime, Leave you brother and your mum to stay in that house for sometime, i know for sure that your brother will turn against her.

But on a serious Note, if i were to be the Husband of that your sister, i will just lock that your silly brother up till he receive sense... I can't Tolerate someone laying a finger on my Wife and my kids, Regardless of who you are.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by much123456(m): 10:12pm On May 17, 2020
Your story is really sad I swear! ! . Please get soldiers. You have no idea how soldiers beat person. He can never in his life retaliate, ever! ! Infact he will start calling all of you aunty after the beating. Report to sinior officer and they will make him sign under taken never to talk back at any of you while you guys are talking. They will out so much fear in him that his while life will change. Follow the soldiers go and let him know you are the one let him see the other side of you. His using you guys weakness against you guys.

I tried discussing this with my husband, but he is of the opinion that it might harden him and might come back to hunt us, and that we can't quench fire with fire, the thought of him beating my second mum still shatters my soul and then the news of my dad's disappearance, we are still looking for him still... He is 70 years old. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by reubenobi(m): 10:14pm On May 17, 2020
NockMedia:
Rooster and bull story. If you know, you know.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I pity your kinds

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 17, 2020
Get your dad to a rehab. They might keep him for a few months but he will be okay; before he is discharged make an alternative living arrangement for him where he will stay without the toxic company of your mom and brother. He should get a lawyer and make sure they do a proper legal document protecting his assets from your mom and brother till certain amount of years or conditions happen if not they will one day poison that man

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by bezimo(m): 10:17pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:
Please don't read and pass, also Pardon all my typo, I'm typing out of duress.

I am from a family of six, 3 girls, 1 boy including my parents.
I had a horrible childhood experience, My Mum (no thanks to her) was something I can't quantify, I can't start writing every of the things she did and I can't say If the religion she practiced contributed largely to the devilish attitude she put up while growing up.

My mum has no good record anywhere, in the church, with the neighbours, with her siblings, we the children, her in laws and even at work, She was always at war with people, if she dreams that someone was trying to attack her in the dream, if she sees the person the following day, she was ready to attack the person.

Also, she would curse her children at any slightest provocation and leave only my brother out(last born and spoilt), She doesn't have any good relationship with her siblings and won't allow my dad visit his family member, I remembered them (Mum and dad) always saying this (don't be unequally yoked together with unbelievers). To them anyone who isn't a Christian (deeper life) is not supposed to be associated with.. My dad on countless occasion will call his mum a witch just because she was a Muslim and one of the oloyes of allasalatu(Muslims will understand this) and had nothing to do with his family members.

This went on and on like this until my elder sister moved out of the house and in the process of trying to find her feet, she got pregnant and my mom practically tormented her life, she later got married to the man, and for that act alone, she's always at logger heads with my sister and her husband..

Later, I got married and then my younger sister followed suit, leaving my dad, herself and my younger brother (whom I have disowned).

Ever since the three of us got happily married, and left the home, my dad slipped into severe depression. Although he has been depressed given lots of things he encountered, job loss, no social interaction, unforgiveness amongst others, it became severe when all his female children left, then from severe depressgion, he started having mental issues, he would wake up and leave the house talking to himself, or start preaching and going out of point with anyone he finds on the street, sometimes he would leave and come home at night, my younger brother who is supposed to comfort and help him, treats him with disdain, my mum who is supposed to check mate his excesses would leave him to his folly and now he has started standing up to her and everyone else in the house..

At 26, he doesn't know his bearing and obviously we have been seeing signs of him wanting to inherit the houses my father built in the same compound.. (and we have noticed that my mum has been making him understand that every of the property belongs to him).

The last straw which broke the camel's back happened one week ago, my elder sister ( who is 9 year older than him) took advantage of the lockdown and visited my father, he is usually exited when we are around him whc helps his severe moodiness. There and then an argument broke out between my sister and my brother, she asked why my brother was insulting our mum for an action that happened in the compound, he beat my sister up and her three children and boasted that, the rest of us (my sister and I) dare not do anything and that by the way we must stop coming to the house, that if he sees any of us He will beat us up, My mum who was supposed to resolve the matter started blaming my sister, asking her why she always love to come visiting, that she's supposed to be in her husband's house or father in laws place and immediately called her hubby to come pick her.

Its been one week my sister left for her house, my daddy who enjoyed her company when she was present started misbehaving again at home. He started roaming, he started cursing everyone.

The reason I'm writing is this, my dad is no where to be found, he left the house yesterday Friday 15th May 2020 and was last seen in ITAMAGA IKORODU, we keep trying his number but he is not picking and now his number is switched off, I'm sure he is still wandering about.

My sisters and I have decided that even when he is found(by God's grace) we do not what him to go back living with my mum and brother.

What other alternatives do we have to care for him, as his own siblings are not happy with him either for abandoning them and their mum (his own mum),, when they needed him the most..

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.. PLEASE HELP ME.

Modified..... My dad has been found today Sunday, 17th May 2020, my sweet mother (elder sister) found her, she has been on her feet since he went missing, luckily he was found but in a terrible state, I saw him via video calls and I wept, he can't recognize even my sister again, and just muttering some words we don't understand, he closes his eyes while saying this and asked everyone to go and leave him, he looks so faint and weak and would not leave where he his...My sister has called his siblings and she's waiting for the next line of ACTION from them.

I'll keep updating the house with reports from our end..

I think your family is under a very strong satanic spell..how can children be fighting each other and and not care about dad that is alive.
Like whether he die or not.You and your elder sister MUST as a matter of urgency take up responsibility to care for your dad including his immediate relocation from that toxic family house..to somewhere else.Discuss with your husband and solicit his support..

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:18pm On May 17, 2020
Uh, this is really bad. I'd advise you take your dad to see a psychiatrist/ a mental institution, when he's okay then one of you should have him stay in your house. Let your mum and brother be, they'll regret their actions (your mum especially).
Help fix the broken relationship between your dad, his siblings and mum. Help him get busy.
I sort of think you should also get some soldiers to take your brother to the barrack and have him disciplined for a while, he should be placed on IHL lol (if possible), he should be made to realise that you don't treat people with disrespect.
I fear that bro of yours is capable of despicable things o.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Samfloxin(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:

I tried discussing this with my husband, but he is of the opinion that it might harden him and might come back to hunt us, and that we can't quench fire with fire, the thought of him beating my second mum still shatters my soul and then the news of my dad's disappearance, we are still looking for him still... He is 70 years old.
You guys should not maltreat your brother, it will make him more dangerous and he may hurt you or your family.It is very obvious that he takes hard drug or has joined cultism. Leave him and your mom alone for now,take care of papa for now. Your mom no try sha but he will see how the boy will deal with her.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Mccullum: 10:20pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:

I had a horrible childhood experience, My Mum (no thanks to her) was something I can't quantify, I can't start writing every of the things she did and I can't say If the religion she practiced contributed largely to the devilish attitude she put up while growing up.

My mum has no good record anywhere, in the church, with the neighbours, with her siblings, we the children, her in laws and even at work, She was always at war with people, if she dreams that someone was trying to attack her in the dream, if she sees the person the following day, she was ready to attack the person.

Also, she would curse her children at any slightest provocation and leave only my brother out(last born and spoilt), She doesn't have any good relationship with her siblings and won't allow my dad visit his family member, I remembered them (Mum and dad) always saying this (don't be unequally yoked together with unbelievers). To them anyone who isn't a Christian (deeper life) is not supposed to be associated with.. My dad on countless occasion will call his mum a witch just because she was a Muslim and one of the oloyes of allasalatu(Muslims will understand this) and had nothing to do with his family members.

This went on and on like this until my elder sister moved out of the house and in the process of trying to find her feet, she got pregnant and my mom practically tormented her life, she later got married to the man, and for that act alone, she's always at logger heads with my sister and her husband..

Later, I got married and then my younger sister followed suit, leaving my dad, herself and my younger brother (whom I have disowned).

Ever since the three of us got happily married, and left the home, my dad slipped into severe depression. Although he has been depressed given lots of things he encountered, job loss, no social interaction, unforgiveness amongst others, it became severe when all his female children left, then from severe depressgion, he started having mental issues, he would wake up and leave the house talking to himself, or start preaching and going out of point with anyone he finds on the street, sometimes he would leave and come home at night, my younger brother who is supposed to comfort and help him, treats him with disdain, my mum who is supposed to check mate his excesses would leave him to his folly and now he has started standing up to her and everyone else in the house..

At 26, he doesn't know his bearing and obviously we have been seeing signs of him wanting to inherit the houses my father built in the same compound.. (and we have noticed that my mum has been making him understand that every of the property belongs to him).

The last straw which broke the camel's back happened one week ago, my elder sister ( who is 9 year older than him) took advantage of the lockdown and visited my father, he is usually exited when we are around him whc helps his severe moodiness. There and then an argument broke out between my sister and my brother, she asked why my brother was insulting our mum for an action that happened in the compound, he beat my sister up and her three children and boasted that, the rest of us (my sister and I) dare not do anything and that by the way we must stop coming to the house, that if he sees any of us He will beat us up, My mum who was supposed to resolve the matter started blaming my sister, asking her why she always love to come visiting, that she's supposed to be in her husband's house or father in laws place and immediately called her hubby to come pick her.

Its been one week my sister left for her house, my daddy who enjoyed her company when she was present started misbehaving again at home. He started roaming, he started cursing everyone.

The reason I'm writing is this, my dad is no where to be found, he left the house yesterday Friday 15th May 2020 and was last seen in ITAMAGA IKORODU, we keep trying his number but he is not picking and now his number is switched off, I'm sure he is still wandering about.

My sisters and I have decided that even when he is found(by God's grace) we do not what him to go back living with my mum and brother.

What other alternatives do we have to care for him, as his own siblings are not happy with him either for abandoning them and their mum (his own mum),, when they needed him the most..

Modified..... My dad has been found today Sunday, 17th May 2020, my sweet mother (elder sister) found her, she has been on her feet since he went missing, luckily he was found but in a terrible state, I saw him via video calls and I wept, he can't recognize even my sister again, and just muttering some words we don't understand, he closes his eyes while saying this and asked everyone to go and leave him, he looks so faint and weak and would not leave where he his...My sister has called his siblings and she's waiting for the next line of ACTION from them.

I commend you for being good child in cooperation with your sister for the caring of your father,

Your father need to go and beg his mother and his siblings for forgiveness after he regain his sanity, if the woman still alive

Don't abandon your brother, try to reconcile with him for the unity of your family but apply wisdom and if he is not ready to change, pray for him to change and give him some measurement but retain greetings with him.

Your mother is destructive instrument of your family still she's mother you know, be a good child to her in order not to cause generational curse in your family, what ever you do to your mother your children will replicate it to you in future.

Sorry and be hopeful for better future.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Umueme: 10:21pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:

I don't normally give advice's but...... Take your dad to a good psychiatrist, and arrange for him to stay with you. Arrange for soldiers or SARS (preferably army) to lock your brother up for a week. He's to sign an undertaken that he'll be arrested if any sort of harm befalls you or your sisters. Then find a good lawyer and let him prepare a will for your dad.

PS: pls keep us posted

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by goshen26: 10:21pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:

Hello sister

Dad is obviously suffering from depression as a result of unhappiness over situation surrounding him.

If you and ur sisters have the power take him away from home; you can rotate it among your self or one of you that's most financially buoyant take him to her place, make him happy that he will forget trauma ur brother and mom had caused him. Soon, by God's grace, he will be fine.

Please be strong
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Dearlord(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2020
Nigerian families are bad.
If not poverty , it is illiteracy.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 17, 2020
I'm happy your dad's found. What he has sounds like Dementia. I'm not sure of course, but he needs to either be placed int an old people's home or you guys need to get a carer for him.

It's quite sad to say, but religion is what destroyed your family. I know how crazy deeper life members can be. I experienced it first hand, as my school was owned by a deeper life member too (Funny enough, it was located in Ogun State as well). I strongly believe those churches need to be shut down.

As for your mum, she honestly can no longer be helped. If your sis has any proof of your younger brother beating her and her children up, he should be reported to the nearest police station ASAP. He's an animal, and to think he was even boasting about his actions!

He needs to pay for it, otherwise he might never change and feel his actions are justified.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by AsawanaDgreat: 10:29pm On May 17, 2020
Make una use Chinese handcuffs reset em head.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Emary(f): 10:30pm On May 17, 2020
Ope88:

Rockgardenhomes (Google them)

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Osgilliat(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2020
Help your dad gets his sanity back and while doing that keep both your mother and the brat brother away from him.
When your dad is back to his sanity, Help him to get the documents of his houses, then sell everything without remaining anything. Don’t tell him to will the house to anyone oo, if he writes a will and he doesn’t include his wife and the brat son then you are all gone because those two wicked fellow won’t stop until you are all dead, People like that are capable of anything.
Let your father enjoy his wealth while he is still alive. That man suffered so that he can have a good ending not a bad one he is having now.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by obowunmi(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2020
This family is seriously BROKEN.

You all need therapy or you cut off the bad weed..your brother and his evil enabler, your mother.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by oloriLFC(f): 10:37pm On May 17, 2020
LordKO:
Your mother's character perfectly typifies that of a brilliant but unintelligent narcissist who adheres to organized religion.

Meanwhile, your father is obviously a victim of his own failed leadership at home - servility is as bad as subjugation, conscientiousness is gold. He used servility to sustain his relationship with your mother from the inception, so he's reaping the rotten fruits of his servile actions and inactions. Once one allows and enables their partner to exercise their liberty on the periphery of decorum, they'll definitely become a victim of their crass and expedient actions some day.

Anyway, you and your sisters who care for him should make effort to find him, relocate him somewhere and rehabilitate him formally or informally. Once he regains his sanity, encourage him to take to carefreeness.
lemme goan borrow dictionary

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bride Slumped And Dies On Wedding Day In Ogbomoso (photos) / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.