Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions (7000 Views)

South West And Calculations Ahead Of 2023 Presidency / Kogi 2019: Dino Melaye Storms Kogi West And Central (Video) / Israeli Man Tags Nigeria A "Terrible Country" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by helinues: 9:21am On May 17, 2020
WeneWali:

Both are contigous regions that have voted in the same pattern since the independence of Nigeria. Deny it. grin

Ofcourse I know it's bad and bitter news to you as a yoruba. Both will have no compelling reason to vote yoruba. grin

I speak as a son of the soil with my placenta buried in the SS and my maternal home in the SE less than 30 km away from my paternal home. grin

So Bayelsa that voted enmass for Apc in the last gubernatorial election if not for SC judgement are from NC?

There is nothing like " We come" . it's instead " I come"

So tell me exactly which of the 2 region is your preferred choice so that I can know where to start the argument from

3 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by WeneWali: 9:34am On May 17, 2020
helinues:

So Bayelsa that voted enmass for Apc in the last gubernatorial election if not for SC judgement are from NC?

There is nothing like " We come" . it's instead " I come"

So tell me exactly which of the 2 region is your preferred choice so that I can know where to start the argument from

Who is ruling Bayelsa now? Are they killing themselved because your party was kicked out? You don't know.. grin

As for last question, Ngozi Okonjo is from the SS and married Iweala from the SE? She represents both regions. Just like her, my affiliation goes beyond the political regional boundary created by Gowon between the SE and SS.

You are not qualified to question that because as yorubaman, you name 'yoruba', political identity, and economic disposition were all given to you by non-yorubas.

That's why you are neither a bird or a bat as people will say. grin

4 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by helinues: 9:36am On May 17, 2020
WeneWali:

Who is ruling Bayelsa now? Are they killing themselved because your party was kicked out? You don't know.. grin

As for last question, Ngozi Okonjo is from the SS and married Iweala from the SE? She represents both regions. Just like her, my affiliation goes beyond the political regional boundary created by Gowon between the SE and SS.

You are not qualified to question that because as yorubaman, you name 'yoruba', political identity, and economic disposition were all given to you by non-yorubas.

That's why you are neither a bird or a bat as people will say. grin

You are probably one of the minority Igbo residing in SS.

When you guys are ready to join your brothers, then relocate to any of SE states as SS lands belong to Nigeria Delta people

4 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by WeneWali: 9:48am On May 17, 2020
helinues:

You are probably one of the minority Igbo residing in SS.

When you guys are ready to join your brothers, then relocate to any of SE states as SS lands belong to Nigeria Delta people

Yes...come with your scratched face and come and chase me away from Ala-Ahoada.

You go see truth, u go dodge am because e bitter you for mouth.

Typical yoruba man, no wonder una dey use sugar cook yam and beans for ibadan only to come begin suffer jedi-jedi later. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by helinues: 9:54am On May 17, 2020
WeneWali:

Yes...come with your scratched face and come and chase me away from Ala-Ahoada.

You go see truth, u go dodge am because e bitter you for mouth. Typical yoruba man, no wonder una dey use sugar cook yam and beand for ibadan. Come begin suffer jedi-jedi. grin

The undisputed fact is that, the minorities Igbo isn SS are merely a resident... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by WeneWali: 9:56am On May 17, 2020
helinues:

The undisputed fact is the minorities Igbo is SS are merely a resident... grin

You are permitted to deceive yourself. As long we bear Amaechi Chibuike, Okonjo, Elebechi, Woke, Wike, Wali. You can't deny us our Igboness and rights to our land.

Painful to you, no be so mr yoruba? grin

2 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by helinues: 9:59am On May 17, 2020
WeneWali:

You are permitted to deceive yourself. As long we bear Amaechi Chibuike, Okonjo, Elebechi, Woke, Wike, Wali. You can't deny us our Igboness and rights to our land.

Painful to you, no be so mr yoruba? grin

And the same hypocritical person like you will be shouting Ilorin is owned by Fulani even though they bear Yoruba's name.. Abi Bukola Saraki na Igbo's name?

2 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Ayekotoo(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2020
flokii:

All you've stated could have been avoided if not for Azikiwe, Ironsi and the Easterners who fought the inclusion of a "SECESSION CLAUSE" in the constitution.

It could have been so easy. Anyone who wants to leave could leave without bloodshed but NO, Azikiwe out of greed and hope of Igbo dominace blew it all away.

So you see why we say the Igbos are the architect of this failing system we have today. The recklessness of their leaders in connivance with the North ruined everything.

Come 2023, Yorubas will take over governance in Nigeria and things will change.

At the bolded, that can only happen if the Fulanis don't impose their puppet in the Aso villa, just as Obasanjo against Olu Falae in 1999.

1 Like

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by WeneWali: 10:07am On May 17, 2020
helinues:

And the same hypocritical person like you will be shouting Ilorin is owned by Fulani even though they bear Yoruba's name.. Abi Bukola Saraki na Igbo's name?

There is a Fulani emirate in kwara, that makes it their land by conquest.

In Rivers state, indigenous Igbo kings bear Ezes. Painful right? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by helinues: 10:09am On May 17, 2020
WeneWali:

There is a Fulani emirate in kwara, that makes it their land by conquest.

In Rivers state, indigenous Igbo kings bear Ezes. Painful right? grin

Hahahahah.. Even there are Eze of Accra, Eze of Malaysia.. So what's the big deal about a lost SS lands most especially PH.

4 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by LukasPodolski: 10:47am On May 17, 2020
Iceberg3:

Oh my God!!!!!!!

I can't believe this came from you!!!

It's indeed finished.

Good night.

Odingo1, it's no use.
What, why do you guys hate the truth?
Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Igboid: 10:54am On May 17, 2020
flokii:

All you've stated could have been avoided if not for Azikiwe, Ironsi and the Easterners who fought the inclusion of a "SECESSION CLAUSE" in the constitution.

It could have been so easy. Anyone who wants to leave could leave without bloodshed but NO, Azikiwe out of greed and hope of Igbo dominace blew it all away.

So you see why we say the Igbos are the architect of this failing system we have today. The recklessness of their leaders in connivance with the North ruined everything.

Come 2023, Yorubas will take over governance in Nigeria and things will change.

There is no proof Zik stopped the insertion of secession clause, neither was there proof that Awolowo and Yorubas wanted out and zik led an army to keep them in.

3 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Uchek(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2020
Thank young brother.

Igboid:

There is no proof Zik stopped the insertion of secession clause, neither was there proof that Awolowo and Yorubas wanted out and zik led an army to keep them in.

2 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Igboid: 10:57am On May 17, 2020
flokii:

Who the Igbo man can't dominate, he won't like.. but they forget that you can't dominate someone more intelligent than you are.

We'll keep reminding them that they are the cause of Nigeria's woes today whether they like it or not. I wonder why History was removed from our school curriculum.

How exactly are Igbos the cause of Nigeria woes today?
I am out for you lots today. Those propaganda you peddle in Lagos-Ibadan express way, come forward let's put them to test .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Ayekotoo(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2020
nijabazaar:
Total bullshit

Only an igbo person can restructure this country and that is why the northern oligarchy and its south western puppets are bent on preventing this.

Most Nigerians greatest fear about igbo presidency is not the domination of igbos actually but the fact that an igbo president might mean the end of Nigeria as it is

Fulanis have puppets in every region, whom they can impose on all of us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Iceberg3: 11:01am On May 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

What, why do you guys hate the truth?

Get out from my sight!!!! Do you know where I hail from?

Do you think I'm from the east?

If you must know,I'm a southerner from the SS and all these stupeed blame games of what happened 10 BC will never help us.

Of what relevance are these pointing of fingers to us today?

Please just get lost!!!!

1 Like

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Iceberg3: 11:03am On May 17, 2020
flokii:

Who the Igbo man can't dominate, he won't like.. but they forget that you can't dominate someone more intelligent than you are.

We'll keep reminding them that they are the cause of Nigeria's woes today whether they like it or not. I wonder why History was removed from our school curriculum.

The op,diplomat058 asked a question, behold the answer above ^^^

grin

2 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Igboid: 11:04am On May 17, 2020
diplomat058:
You are not far from the truth. Nnamdi Azikiwe's romance with the Ahmadu Bello's NPC to undermine regional self determination and JTU Ironsi's infamous unification decree 34 laid the foundation of the mess we are in today

Ironsi only unified the civil service. He never dissolved the regions.

It was Awolowo And Gowon in desperate move to divide Biafra, that dissolved the regions and replaced them with dysfunctional states we have today.
Awolowo (Yoruba) and Gowon (North), laid the foundation for Nigeria failure when they both sat down and dissolved the regions in desperate move to set the Eastern minorities against Ndiigbo, which did not still work. Because we know that without a military fiat, the minorities would have chosen Biafra instead of Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Iceberg3: 11:06am On May 17, 2020
diplomat058:
You are not far from the truth. Nnamdi Azikiwe's romance with the Ahmadu Bello's NPC to undermine regional self determination and JTU Ironsi's infamous unification decree 34 laid the foundation of the mess we are in today

Behold,lo, another laudable solution to the question the op asked^^^

All solutions to Nigerias problem: "Blame the igbos".

Oh,op leleyi paapa!!!
Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Igboid: 11:13am On May 17, 2020
nijabazaar:

No. It's not bigotry darling. It's the reality.

Unless you are new here, which is I suspect, all the voracious attackers of biafra here are the Yorubas. Check the Biafran threads here, any critic of Biafra has a Ypruba monikers or known yoruba affiliations.

So, I still conclude that my dog has the greatest chance at forming five word syllables than an influential Yoruba convincing his people on the need to secede from Nigeria.

The yorubas like Nigeria as it is. And why is that? It could all be a primal fear of venturing into the unknown. They, the Yorubas and her affiliates , would rather stick to familiar grounds

Reasons for Yoruba love for Nigeria.

1. Lagos monopoly means that they will continue to economically exploit the rest of the country. They are hoping this continues so that through Lagos, they can spread development to the rest of their region.

2. They never fare well on their own. Remove the shared Igbo resentment and Yorubas will struggle to have a uniting factor.
They were on each others neck fighting kiriji during the precolonial days, they couldn't evolve to live in peace with each other.
Once the minorities were off in western region, Yorubas couldn't deal with themselves. They descended into anarchy again in the infamous wild wild west and operation wetie.
As a people, they are only united when they have a common foe to hate or try to oppress. When this doesn't exist, they turn on each other.
I have spent years analysing the Yorubas.

They need Nigeria and Igbo in it, to remain united. Modern day Yoruba nationalism is built around shared Igbophobia. This started from the "Yoruba Ronu" speech. When you want to unite a people, you gift them a common enemy to hate. Hate is a bigger uniting factor than anything else known to mankind.

Divide Nigeria, take Igbos out of the picture, modern Yoruba unity will crash again like in Kiriji and Wild wild west days.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by LukasPodolski: 11:23am On May 17, 2020
Igboid:

Reasons for Yoruba love for Nigeria.

1. Lagos monopoly means that they will continue to economically exploit the rest of the country. They are hoping this continues so that through Lagos, they can spread development to the rest of their region.

2. They never fare well on their own. Remove the shared Igbo resentment and Yorubas will struggle to have a uniting factor.
They were on each others neck fighting kiriji during the precolonial days, they couldn't evolve to live in peace with each other.
Once the minorities were off in western region, Yorubas couldn't deal with themselves. They descended into anarchy again in the infamous wild wild west and operation wetie.
As a people, they are only united when they have a common foe to hate or try to oppress. When this doesn't exist, they turn on each other.
I have spent years analysing the Yorubas.

They need Nigeria and Igbo in it, to remain united. Modern day Yoruba nationalism is built around shared Igbophobia. This started from the "Yoruba Ronu" speech. When you want to unite a people, you gift them a common enemy to hate. Hate is a bigger uniting factor than anything else known to mankind.

Divide Nigeria, take Igbos out of the picture, modern Yoruba unity will crash again like in Kiriji and Wild wild west days.
The question now is, what's stopping you guys from evacuating your meagre properties from Lagos?

4 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by diplomat058(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2020
Igboid:

Ironsi only unified the civil service. He never dissolved the regions.

It was Awolowo And Gowon in desperate move to divide Biafra, that dissolved the regions and replaced them with dysfunctional states we have today.
Awolowo (Yoruba) and Gowon (North), laid the foundation for Nigeria failure when they both sat down and dissolved the regions in desperate move to set the Eastern minorities against Ndiigbo, which did not still work. Because we know that without a military fiat, the minorities would have chosen Biafra instead of Nigeria.
Well, I am not really keen on the blame games. For the records, Awo and Gowon are also entitled to knocks in that regard, but exonerating Zik and Ironsi is a betrayal of history. In the pre-independence, Zik paraded himself as a core nationalist and sought sought to undermine the regional structures and mutate self determination. He effectively convinced the NPC to remove the secession clause from the constitution. He favoured the centralization of powers to put the destines of all the peoples in common hands. Ironsi issued unification decree 34 which shattered the then viable federalism. Although the decree was short lived, I believe it prepared the psychosocial groundwork for the later undoing of Gowon who acted to salvage the country from dissolution. And don't forget that if Ironsi had done the needful, we may not have had a war.

That said, I wish the country was successfully torn apart then. I also blame Awo for his culpability in the wreckage of the then viable federalism. And

3 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by LukasPodolski: 11:32am On May 17, 2020
Mr igboid The British made Lagos the capital of Nigeria after the amalgamation, Now:

Can you tell us why the British didn't find any of Onitsha, Port Harcourt Enugu e.t.c Worthy of being the capital?

Considering Lagos wasn't the only coaster State.

Lagos was not even in the centre of Nigeria.

Can you please tell us why the British made Lagos the capital going by the above.

2 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Iceberg3: 11:44am On May 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

See this nonentity, the fool was expecting us to serve him meat instead he got chease.

Your past will always reflect in your future.
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

Which Yoruba man will vote for the failure called Jonathan after going through the comments in the above thread?

Even Emeka cobbler in Aba is claiming SS, shameless mofo.

Oponun omo.

If I'm SE,those curses from you will remain with me forever. Heaven and earth bear witness.

But if I'm not,then may they be upon you and your generation forever. Heaven and earth bear witness.

However,as I always say to people like you,I take no pleasure cursing,so I leave it to you to activate. Be a man and be bold and say "so shall it be".

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by LukasPodolski: 11:44am On May 17, 2020
Mr Igboid Nigeria has over 250 ethnic group, seems Igbos are the only group having having sleepless night over Lagos matter, why is this so?

You guys claimed you developed Lagos, few days ago a Nairalander that goes by Deepfeel said Igbos owned Sabo gari in Kano.

Don't you think these act of chest beating is an insult to your host and might trigger them to attack you guys (just as the Northerners have been doing)

The mayor of London is from Pakistan.

80% of football clubs in England are owned by foreigners, many great companies in England are owned by foreigners, but we don't see them shout England is a no man's land, we developed England.

In France, poor African refugees were given opportunities, they left Africa due to Crisis, hunger e.t.c

Today these refugees are the face of French football, infact football in France without the sons of refugees is a joke BUT we don't see these boys brag about developing France (African success in France is not limited to football)

I think you Igbos need to behave.

4 Likes

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by LukasPodolski: 11:48am On May 17, 2020
Iceberg3:

If I'm SE,those curses from you will remain with me forever. Heaven and earth bear witness.

But if I'm not,then may they be upon you and your generation forever. Heaven and earth bear witness.

However,as I always say to people like you,I take no pleasure cursing,so I leave it to you to activate. Be a man and be bold and say "so shall it be".
Baba gerrahere mehn.

Below is Yoruba and Igbo voting pattern since Independence.

Suddenly we betrayed the south because we rejected an ingrate whom we singlehandedly made the president (exaggeration).

Omo ale.

1 Like

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by 4Play(m): 11:49am On May 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Mr igboid The British made Lagos the capital of Nigeria after the amalgamation, Now:

Can you tell us why the British didn't find any of Onitsha, Port Harcourt Enugu e.t.c Worthy of being the capital?

Considering Lagos wasn't the only coaster State.

Lagos was not even in the centre of Nigeria.

Can you please tell us why the British made Lagos the capital going by the above.

I get the impression that for states with sea access, colonial authorities generally made port cities the capital and it was often the case that such port cities were in the western region of the relevant state as these are closer to Europe.

If we were colonized by the Chinese, they will probably make Calabar/Uyo capital; if by Arabs, perhaps Borno.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Iceberg3: 11:54am On May 17, 2020
diplomat058:
Well, I am not really keen on the blame games. For the records, Awo and Gowon are also entitled to knocks in that regard, but exonerating Zik and Ironsi is a betrayal of history. In the pre-independence, Zik paraded himself as a core nationalist and sought sought to undermine the regional structures and mutate self determination. He effectively convinced the NPC to remove the secession clause from the constitution. He favoured the centralization of powers to put the destines of all the peoples in common hands. Ironsi issued unification decree 34 which shattered the then viable federalism. Although the decree was short lived, I believe it prepared the psychosocial groundwork for the later undoing of Gowon who acted to salvage the country from dissolution. And don't forget that if Ironsi had done the needful, we may not have had a war.

That said, I wish the country was successfully torn apart then. I also blame Awo for his culpability in the wreckage of the then viable federalism. And

Nobody is exonerating the likes of zik and ironsi of any past misdeeds.
All our past leaders from the south made one blunder or the other. And the land was not as doomed then as it is now.
And I'm very sure those men wouldn't have made those blunders if they knew the north would become internal colonialists, holding everyone to ransome today.

But,for God's sake, can't we lay all those unnecessary weights and bloody past aside and concentrate and think of ways to forge ahead for our common good?

For example,look at the entire heads of boards of all fed govt petroleum and maritme agencies that have their sources in the south,all headed, occupied and run by northerners!!! And here we are, blaming ourselves for things that happened before Christ!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by Iceberg3: 11:55am On May 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Baba gerrahere mehn.

Below is Yoruba and Igbo voting pattern since Independence.

Suddenly we betrayed the south because we rejected an ingrate whom we singlehandedly made the president (exaggeration).

Omo ale.

Nobody asked you for this, you can shove it up your a......
Be a man and say amen to your own prayer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by omonnakoda: 11:59am On May 17, 2020
flokii:

Who removed history from school curriculum?
Is there no WAEC History
Is there no history in JAMB?

1 Like

Re: The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions by LukasPodolski: 12:00pm On May 17, 2020
4Play:

I get the impression that for states with sea access, colonial authorities generally made port cities the capital and it was often the case that such port cities were in the western region of the relevant state as these are closer to Europe.

If we were colonized by the Chinese, they will probably make Calabar/Uyo capital; if by Arabs, perhaps Borno.
The British also colonized Ghana but made Accra which is not in the Western part of the country the Capital.

The capital will always be in the most developed part (although might later change).
This ideal of Lagos not being developed by the Yorubas is an insult and if you noticed it's coming from a certain group (out of over 250 ethnic group).

I'm afraid this may later cause serious ethnic war in Lagos, as you can see the last election was an eye opener.

Yorubas are getting infuriated by this.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Promises To Provide Guidance, Set Agenda For Abdulrasheed Bawa / Lovely Picture Of A Polish Woman That Married An Imo State Man And Their Kids / Kaduna 2023: Senator Uba Sani Obtains Governorship Expression Of Interest Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.