Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26496 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by joshjc(m): 8:56am On May 17, 2020
Give it to the needy
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by tope777(m): 8:56am On May 17, 2020
Pay your tithe as you're lead by holy spirit.
If your spirit direct you to pay to church, do it cheerfully.
If your spirit also direct you to pay to needy/orphan/fatherless or widows, do it cheerfully too.
Most important thing I believe is that, do not eat your 10%, let it be your financial Spiritual Insurance.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by psalmuelwater(m): 8:56am On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

In christ we all are priests. We are no longer operating under the levitical priesthood but melchizedek's . And to him Abraham paid our tithes once and for all , even before the law.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 17, 2020
lemme park here nd watch d gullibles
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by ovicky(m): 8:57am On May 17, 2020
F
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Matthewdan(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2020
The Malachi 3:10 guy just gone mute why?

By the way watin concern me with religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by wickyyolo: 8:59am On May 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Hehehe. Funny enough that is the only part of the old testament the pastors adhere to

grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by ursamajor: 9:00am On May 17, 2020
k
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by EmmyDJourno: 9:02am On May 17, 2020
Paying your Tithe in my opinion is in the aid of God's work

If a widow or less privileged thanks God cause of your Tithe, then God's work is done through you

Some have to go to the work of God in the Church, but giving it to those in need outside the Church doesn't water it down

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by skyhighweb(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:
A friend just showed this scripture to me:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Can i begin to give a portion of my tithe to my widowed sister?

1 is ur pastor or the church a levite
2 all is old and the way of christ new

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:03am On May 17, 2020
Well, once in a while I am moved to use my tithe to but things for those that are less privileged and I believe God accepts it that way as well.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2020
bro, see follow your mind and pay your tithes where ever your hearts leads you....as for me i stop paying my tithes to the church as far back 2010, instead gives it to widows, beggars and those i no that are in need.....and am still doing fine and progressing in the vineyard of God both spiritually and financially!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Dantedasz(m): 9:05am On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

Stop being clever by half. This is what your bible says-

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 New International Version (NIV)

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by kingigwe1: 9:05am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable
you don't even know the origin of store house, where it was first mentioned and reason for a store house. Go back to that Deuteronomy and read fully about tithe.

Store house was cos of isreal steady war...then the king requested that the priest should concentrate on praying and sacrifice. Let the community try and send what to eat to the Levites.... At a point king Solomon asked them how they are doing and hope they are not lacking anything, they replied, they even have enough which the village do bring for them....now they were instructed ok if so build a store house( first place store Hosur was mentioned) , build a store house and place ten percent as they bring you something inside the store house.... Since some within the village don't even have, thus so the priest or those incharge can be feeding the community also from that store House.... What happened at the end? The same happening today...the priest at a point stop taking the 10 percent to the store house( read me, the priest and not the people)... Then Malachi shouted you are robbing God.... Malachi was talking to the priest not the isrealites..... You need to read your bible very well... Don't just follow quotes

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by kingigwe1: 9:07am On May 17, 2020
petra1:

where is you back up? And where did the two die? What's the origin of tithe? Don't just type
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Angelfrost(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

Read your Bible fully and properly with Divine understanding... Don't pick a verse and keep deceiving yourself and others!!!

Study! Study!! Study!!!...

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by orunto27: 9:08am On May 17, 2020
You can pay Tithes to any of the following revered Sanctuaries:-
CHURCHES
YOUR PARENTS AND
YOUR SAVINGS.
YOU GIVE GIFTS TO WIDOWS AND WIDOWERS.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Myer(m): 9:08am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Reading through the bible, you will see the confusions and contradictions. Which is why there are different doctrines in the many denominations of the church.

There are portions of the bible that say all your tithes must go to the church.
Some verses say you can even decide to spend it on drinks and enjoy yourself.
Yet some verses say God only needs yours cheerful giving without pegging a percentage to it.

As most pastors are scammers, different pastors will interprete this in ways that favour them.
They guilt-trip you into believing God will curse you for not giving to their church especially because it is their church that God is using to bless you. Sound familiar?
If you know what Grace is, you won't even be asking this questions.

You do as you feel comfortable with it.
Your salvation is not tied to your tithe.
Your blessing is not tied to your tithe.

The whole intent of giving is to deliver you from greed and selfishness. As long as you become a generous person either to the church or needy, your good works are acceptable to God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by HundredWays(m): 9:08am On May 17, 2020
StrikeBack:
grin

Una don start with all these useless Sunday Sunday topics
Religion that we are not benefiting from is what people in Africa take serious with their lifes

must u comment? If u ain't a Christian, respect others religion

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by AZeD1(m): 9:10am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there.

The house of the Lord is not a place but where believers are gathered.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 9:11am On May 17, 2020
toscolee:

This is alms giving, not tithe.
A lot of Christians don't give alms, it's unscriptural.
Pay your tithe and take care of your family.
Also help the poor and needy.
Alms? Is that what that verse says?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by OKTolu: 9:13am On May 17, 2020
The Bible is your guide bro
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by winj: 9:13am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Did you dumb Africans ever sit down for a second to think that the colonizers who brought the religion to you ever believe this rubbish or pay tithes?

You people are spreading mental slavery in your generation and to the next. Continue keeping Africa in the dark!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 9:15am On May 17, 2020
EmmyDJourno:
Paying your Tithe in my opinion is in the aid of God's work

If a widow or less privileged thanks God cause of your Tithe, then God's work is done through you

Some have to go to the work of God in the Church, but giving it to those in need outside the Church doesn't water it down
Sir, please explain what you mean by "water it down".
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Onyi22(f): 9:15am On May 17, 2020
Coursetrouble:
grin

Pay it to me.

Churches don dey open now but they don't use speaker so they wouldn't sell themselves out.
grin grin grin
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by InvertedHammer: 9:17am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

/
Only losers pay tithes to pastors.

Flush the money down the toilet if you don't know what to do with nor how to help others.

\

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adenigga(m): 9:19am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:

Excuse me, please, check Deuteronomy 14: 22 - 29. Juxtapose it with that of 26:12 then do a comparative analysis with Malachi own. Make your own decision without feeling guilty.

Moreso, to the best of my knowledge, House of God is not a physical building it's a body of Christ, therefore I can drop my tithe in any of His body irrespective of where I worship or are we not one in Christ again?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by ThatFairGuy: 9:20am On May 17, 2020
t
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:20am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Sir, you didn't say anything about Deuteronomy 26:12.
It is inconvenient so hopefully if it is ignored it will go away

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Johnjanrt: 9:20am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

For detailed explanation on tithes see this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
Baba you don speak my mind finish. How I wish Christians will open their eyes to realities of their religion and say no to being swindled by their religious leaders.
Study to show yourselves approved.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 9:22am On May 17, 2020
OKTolu:
The Bible is your guide bro
Sir, please explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie / Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / President Zuma & His Wife At Chris Oyakhilome's LFMA2017 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.