Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26480 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by nikdam: 10:55am On May 17, 2020
I love this.
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

For detailed explanation on tithes see this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by desiredhome: 10:56am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable
After giving to the church and the church will only ask you to go and pray when you a approach the church for need?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by SmartchildTutor: 10:57am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

Mavrick2012: 7:22am
A friend just showed this scripture to me:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Can i begin to give a portion of my tithe to my widowed sister?

First, your quotation of Malachi 3:10 is misleading.
The correct provision of that verse says: "bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in mine house.
Notice the word storehouse. Hope you know what is kept in a storehouse?
Now why did I bring forth the two posts?
The original intention of tithing is for there to be food in the storehouse. True.
Tithes are meant to be used to feed orphans, widows and the less privileged. True.
Now what's the connection?
The special care for the poor was passed from the Jews to the church (Deut.
14:27-29).
That means this category of people are supposed to go to the house of God to be cared for. The tithe (food) you take to the storehouse in the house of God is to be used to take care of the needy and nothing else.
In Acts 6, the early church selected seven men to care for a large population of widows—providing food for them. In Galatians 2:9-10, when the apostles gave Paul and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, they urged them to go to the Gentiles with the gospel but also for them to remember the poor. James, Christ’s brother, also taught the need for caring for widows in James 1:27. He said, “Pure and undefiled religion before God the Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their misfortune and to keep oneself unstained by the world.” True saving faith provides for those in distress (cf. Matt 25:32-46).
I can go on and on and on...
Hear this brethren, until a church builds a storehouse and uses the tithes brought into the storehouse to cater for the widows, orphans and less privileged, no church gets my tithes.
Someone may probably be thinking: this one is not a Christian. Forget him.
Hey!
I am a practicing and a tithing Christian.
I take my tithes to those who God has instructed us to feed with our tithes.
And do you know the risk you stand by neglecting those who really need yours tithes?
Read Exodus 22:22-24.

Tithing, as well as how to tithe is a personal decision. Whatever works for you, do it.
My submission is not intended to discredit any person or group of persons. It is just the truth and it must be told.
Happy Sunday to you all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by chinebu(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:

Don't deceive people the Bible actually said we should eat our tithes with our families at a place choose and then give some portions of the tithe to the Levites who will equally be sitting at table with us. Deut. 14:22-23 read please. If you must follow tithing follow to the later don't leave anything behind. Never interprete the Bible to sooth your own yearning for money.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by lookingfly: 11:17am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
so the portion he quoted is wrong abi? cry
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by SharonLoveth(f): 11:17am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Hi SLAVE,

You Don't Have To Give Yourself Much Stress, allah Already Knew And Sees You As The Most Confused Element That's Why It (allah) In Surah Yunus 10:94 Said If you are in doubt and confused, you should ask Christians questions..

Just ask what you don't understand regarding tithes and offerings
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by desiredhome: 11:17am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Does your widowed sister gets any form of assistance from the church?
If your church takes charity as a priority then you can give to the church while the church is assisting the needy in the church else you just enriching a conman parading himself as a pastor while you are killing your widowed sister the more for refusing to assist her

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kingugo100: 11:18am On May 17, 2020
Oga who killed the other 2 tithes and which scripture told you to stop practicing them

petra1:

Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Nobody: 11:18am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

God bless you for this epistle...I was about to say the same thing I didn't know where to start from.....

please you all should read this and understand it, tithe is an old testament concept, ask yourself if Paul who wrote 2/3 of the epistle pay tithe?
that's a man with the greatest revelation...
God bless you once again for the insight
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 11:21am On May 17, 2020
adenigga:

Please, endeavour to read the passage.

To your questions, it is whatever your soul lusteth after.
Thanks!

You are a dishonest character
The point I am making is this your contribution about covering products to money is off point .

At the end of the day the instruction is tithes are food ,drink or anything else that you wish TO BUY that can be consumed in the PRESENCE OF JEHOVAH. NOT MONEY

THAT scripture does not provide for tithing with money.So why quote it in HALF.

The most important thing is it isn
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS that are sold

So there is no provision for bringing money that did NOT COME FROM SELLING AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS

If you were a soldier you did Not convert your salaries to tithes

It is about PRODUCE OF THE LAND

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Benbellamor: 11:23am On May 17, 2020
lookingfly:
so the portion he quoted is wrong abi? cry
very wrong.. Storehouse..NOT church.... Meat NOT cash .......at times most Christian are lazy to read and submit their brain for pastors to reason for them...
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Em5(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

1. The first tithe (Gen. 14:19–20) before Moses laws on tithing

And he blessed him and said,
“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth;
and blessed be God Most High,
who has delivered your enemies into your hand!”
And Abraham gave him a tenth of everything.

Abram had just returned from war, rescuing Lot, and reclaiming his possessions, and he’s met by an enigmatic priest of God Most High named Melchizedek. The priest attributes Abram’s victory to God—possessor of heaven and earth—and he blesses Abram.

In gratitude to God’s authority and blessing, Abram gives Melchizedek a tenth of his possessions.

2. Jacob offers a tithe (Gen. 28:20–22) Before Mossaic Law

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear, so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God, and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God’s house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you.”

Jacob responds to a dream he has received from God by building an altar and vowing that, in exchange for God’s care and provision, he would give God a tenth of his belongings.

3. The tithe is introduced as law (Lev. 27:30–34)

Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”

pre mossiac law .. Tithe goes to the Terbenacle, post mosses isreal tithe still goes to the synagogue , all over middle east, tithe , zakar , offerings or sacrifice goes to the Synagogue , Mosque and Altar, where the Shiek , Priest , Imam , Rabbi prays onto it before distributing it to the less privileged members of the community

Show me where tithe was mentioned by the new covenant.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by desiredhome: 11:25am On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

What do you mean by the later 2 dies ?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by UnclePati: 11:25am On May 17, 2020
God does not need your money.
Tithe is an old testament practice

The new testament says u should give freely as your heart proposes ......give to the poor the needy, the widow's and the less privileged

petra1:

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by CeokRicchezza: 11:25am On May 17, 2020
I still don't know why the church is not carrying out what the early church did under Peter. There was a time when everyone who had possession, land, etc sold all and brought the proceeds to the church to use to cater for all who has needs - remember the story of Ananais and Sapphira.

What we see today is members and pastors acquiring properties, luxuries and none could make reference to the bible instance recorded in Act of which is in the new testament. If you cannot give nor share what you own with your neighbour, friends, poor and the needy, you are not Christlike even though you don't fail in paying your tithe.

Jesus said : “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, "I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”

I will recall an instance when someone close to me, informed me on how a pastor told him to be coming to his church so that he can be paying his tithe and offerings. Mind you, this pastor was not concerned with salvation, not concerned about preaching Jesus but he was more keen on tithe.

Pastors today know what they will preach but they won't preach it. Equality should start from the church. Church today is more of social class.

For us to go far as Christians, we should share, love and support each other the way our Lord Jesus taught us

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Nobody: 11:25am On May 17, 2020
I send tithe to my parents even though I have moved out of the town where pastor. They say I should pay my tithe to my church in Abuja but I insist because they are retired and have a small congregation.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 11:27am On May 17, 2020
Tithing is about PRODUCE of land.

AGRICULTURAL products

Not income from ANY OTHER ACTIVITY

The products of the land

Not salaries from teaching or legal work or medical practice

AGRICULTURAL products
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by donchibe: 11:28am On May 17, 2020
doctorbabs:
what a confused religion! they made us to understand that since Jesus has died for sins... old things has passed away and now new creature.. I don't see reason why anyone will be qouting from old testament.. although Jesus said he didn't come to abolished the law but to fulfilled it am also surprised nobody quote a single verse from New testament like this one... Mathew 23 v 23.Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Christian's always qouted from Old testament any good things to suit their point but abandoned those they believe are difficult to obey. may Lord guide and lead us aright.

For not knowing that you are confused is the worst confusion. No one can help you, but let try to help.
Read this with your brain not with you head.

Galatians 3:13-14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 Christ purchased our freedom and redeemed us from the curse of the Law and its condemnation by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs [crucified] on a tree (cross)”— 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might also come to the Gentiles, so that we would all receive [the realization of] the promise of the [Holy] Spirit through faith.

then ask yourself if blessing of Abraham is in old or new testament? If you say it is in new testament you are not a christian, but if you say it is in old testament , that means that rubbish you wrote up there is wrong.

Christ came to take us back to Abraham's days where there is no law. Please my brother what you are calling old testament started from mountain sanai during moses. After the given of the law old testament started uptill death of Jesus. After his Resurrection he took us back to abraham's days that is what we call new testament where there is no law.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kingugo100: 11:28am On May 17, 2020
Funny enough we call ourselves Christians but we know nothing about the meaning. We think that the Bible is meant for Christians alone forgetting that the old testament belongs to Judaism and not a Christian book. Oh yeah Abraham, Moses David, Solomon and the rest of them in the old Testament were not Christians. Yes they were never Christians. Christ is the way the truth and the life, you can only be a true Christian by following his footsteps. Christ never paid tithe but paid tax, his disciples never paid or collected tithe. No of the Apostles nor any of the early church paid nor collected tithe but suddenly tithe has become the yardstick for measuring Christianity!? Well if that be the case Christ and all his disciples, the early church will have a big query to answer?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by MCIU: 11:29am On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a Mega Churches In United States recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

Pastors don't like this
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by promotervickky(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2020
The only answer I will give to you all saying otherwise is that: GO AND READ YOUR BIBILE DAILY, AND GET CONNECTED WITH GOD IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THESE THINGS.

Stop picking one Scripture and make a decision with it, leaving the rest part.

Read your Bible, Become part of a community, and understand this things.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by AlphaStorm: 11:37am On May 17, 2020
If u must ask such queations online, it shows u dont really have the mind to obey the Bible
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by KenBen217: 11:37am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

I just knew that at least one wise person must be present who knows the truth...I just knew
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by mykel25(m): 11:38am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Yes if you’re convinced in your spirit
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by desiredhome: 11:38am On May 17, 2020
EmmyDJourno:
Paying your Tithe in my opinion is in the aid of God's work

If a widow or less privileged thanks God cause of your Tithe, then God's work is done through you

Some have to go to the work of God in the Church, but giving it to those in need outside the Church doesn't water it down

Paying money in any form to a church that doesn't care if you exist is foolishness...
if they care for you they will not build schools that you can't send your children to or build estates with your money while many in the church are hungry and homeless...

How does widows or the less previleged thank God because of your tithe?

What then is the work of God if it doesn't affect the life of the needy even in the church?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 11:41am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

1. The first tithe (Gen. 14:19–20) before Moses laws on tithing

And he blessed him and said,
“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth;
and blessed be God Most High,
who has delivered your enemies into your hand!”
And Abraham gave him a tenth of everything.

Abram had just returned from war, rescuing Lot, and reclaiming his possessions, and he’s met by an enigmatic priest of God Most High named Melchizedek. The priest attributes Abram’s victory to God—possessor of heaven and earth—and he blesses Abram.

In gratitude to God’s authority and blessing, Abram gives Melchizedek a tenth of his possessions.

2. Jacob offers a tithe (Gen. 28:20–22) Before Mossaic Law

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear, so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God, and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God’s house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you.”

Jacob responds to a dream he has received from God by building an altar and vowing that, in exchange for God’s care and provision, he would give God a tenth of his belongings.

3. The tithe is introduced as law (Lev. 27:30–34)

Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”

pre mossiac law .. Tithe goes to the Terbenacle, post mosses isreal tithe still goes to the synagogue , all over middle east, tithe , zakar , offerings or sacrifice goes to the Synagogue , Mosque and Altar, where the Shiek , Priest , Imam , Rabbi prays onto it before distributing it to the less privileged members of the community

Why this Abraham account is faulty

Tithe is 10% of AGRICULTURAL products.
What Abraham gave was
not AGRICULTURAL products
Not Abraham's property

Some bandits came and looted the property of his Nephew.
Abraham took up arms and recovered the property.
He gave 10 % to Mechilzedek but he
DID NOT KEEP A PIN OF THE REST FOR HIMSELF.
Why not follow that practice too.?

There is no account anywhere of Abraham giving his OWN PROPERTY as tithes

Mechilzedek was a priest and A KING. The share he took cannot be claimed to be tithe but a share of the spoils of war
Did he receive because he was a king or a priest?
This was a common practice in the region just like owo omo onile ,money claimed by force

There is no where it is stated that Abraham did this because he was commanded to do this or that any of his sons did it after he died.
So if there was no command it is being assumed that it is necessary because Abraham did it

BUT

There are many OTHER things Abraham did
He married 3 wives
Circumcised his children
Sacrificed animals to Jehovah

Why not follow this too?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by abeggnow: 11:42am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
as Christian you are not bound by the old testaments .

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Aladdin1(m): 11:44am On May 17, 2020
Tithe should idealy be paid in your resident church.but you can give part of your tithe to the poor.including widows but that widow should be widows who are not related to u.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by KennyRohn(m): 11:46am On May 17, 2020
The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ on the cross nullified the law of tithing, circumcision, animal sacrifice, "Sabbath day holiness" etc
Even if you give all your money as tithe and even die as a sacrifice for the pastor's, bishops or even poor people and have not LOVE... You gained nothing.
Wake up Christians!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 11:53am On May 17, 2020
EmmyDJourno:

Water it down mean; It is not worthless in the eyes of God
but, the same God said we can give tithe to widows.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by LaJoe2: 11:54am On May 17, 2020
No, you cannot. Do it as the Bible says, not cash but out of your produce. Then take it to a priest (a descendant of Aaron) in Israel.

That's how they did it.

Just get tired of comments from people that don't know how to rightly divide the word.

You guys make Christ of no effect to you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 11:55am On May 17, 2020
MicaiahOgorry06:
Pay it to your church. Note that it is the responsibility of your Church pastor to administer the tithe. God in His wisdom knows how to guide him on how to reach out to some windows, fatherless and even some other people that are in need. In a real sense even those who are paying tithe to their Church can as well be a partaker of the same tithe during their time of need.
Sir you didn't even back your assertion with any scriptural verse,and you didn't say anything about Deuteronomy 26:12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.