Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26514 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:25am On May 17, 2020
adenigga:

Excuse me, please, check Deuteronomy 14: 22 - 29. Juxtapose it with that of 26:12 then do a comparative analysis with Malachi own. Make your own decision without feeling guilty.

Moreso, to the best of my knowledge, House of God is not a physical building it's a body of Christ, therefore I can drop my tithe in any of His body irrespective of where I worship or are we not one in Christ again?
House of God in the context of tithe has nothing to do with Christianity or Christ
It is a Jewish concept.
I am not sure why this topic is being resurrected but it is a discredited doctrine .

Tithes was about agricultural products not money.

in those days there was money so we cannot argue that things have changed.

Tithes were never meant to be cash
Tithes have no place in Christianity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by pfadom: 9:25am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Can i begin to give a portion of my tithe to my widowed sister?

Why should it be your sister? You give it to someone who doesn't have to thanks you as it's into the Lord. You be help your sister as a sister, don't stylishly formalise paying your tithe to your sister.

Else it will be regarded as from pastor to sister.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Sotland: 9:26am On May 17, 2020
I stand to be corrected Sir. Jesus Christ said "I'v not come to destroy the law of moses" He came to teach us about the greatest commandment...This means that we cannot rule out old testament completely, rather observe them and follow them diligently..

In all the tithing verse, perhaps you have not notice that certain people are often mentioned there "Levites" now who are the levites? Ain't they people dedicated to serve in the place of worship of God? Hence, the Pastors and alter servers...

It may also interest you to know that those verses also stipulated this "A place where God has chosen" now anytime, anyday Church is the place God has chosen to be His dwelling place.

Nevertheless the the book of Matthew 23 vs 23/and Luke 11 vs 42 made a clarification about tithing.. While most people are concern about rushing to the church to pay their tithes, they forgot thing which are weightier.."Justice And the love of God(mercy & faithfulness)" These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.”

Now understand that when you pay tithe and you could not help that poorest man in your area or that needy or hungry man, you are not doing it right... The point here is that you cannot neglect one for the other...

I am not here to argue but just to impact the little I know unto other.. Let he who has ears, hear the little voice speaking... Stay blessed sir...

MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

For detailed explanation on tithes see this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Geesaintagape: 9:27am On May 17, 2020
Why are Nigerians these bad?
Only in Africa (Nigeria) u hear things like pay ur tithe.
I worshiped in Canada for 2yrs I never heard any message concerning tithe but I heard things like pay ur tax every days.
What's the problem with Nigerian xtianity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:28am On May 17, 2020
AZeD1:

Where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there.

The house of the Lord is not a place but where believers are gathered.
How does this relate to tithes
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Sososo(f): 9:28am On May 17, 2020
The truth is that most times I pay my tithe to indigent men of God
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by clericuzzio(m): 9:29am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:
A friend just showed this scripture to me:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Why not watch daddy freeze video on tithe. And don't disturb us here again with this settled issue. If you want to give, give. If you don't want to give, still give.

Behave oh

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by GavelSlam: 9:29am On May 17, 2020
chiboyo:
The issue of tithing has not only been over-rehashed, but also over-flogged..

However, the truth is simple: Do whatever works for you..

For the tithe payers, do not ever castigate those that do not pay tithes to pastors, they also have biblical backing for these...

There is no biblical backing for tithing to pastors.

None whatsoever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:31am On May 17, 2020
Geesaintagape:
I worshiped in Canada for 2yrs I never heard any message concerning tithe but I heard things like pay ur tax every days.
It is a business and a cancer along with its twin brother Islam they are the worst things that happened to black people even worse than the slave trade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Anyahuruagu: 9:32am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS IN DEPTH EXPLANATION, SURELY ITS NOT FLESH AND BLOOD THAT REVEALED THIS TO YOU.

GOD BLESS YOU EXCEEDINGLY SIR.

TRUTH IS WHOLE NOT OFF CUT AND JOIN.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adenigga(m): 9:32am On May 17, 2020
omonnakoda:

House of God in the context of tithe has nothing to do with Christianity or Christ
It is a Jewish concept.
I am not sure why this topic is being resurrected but it is a discredited doctrine .

Tithes was about agricultural products not money.

in those days there was money so we cannot argue that things have changed.

Tithes were never meant to be cash
Tithes have no place in Christianity

I respect your opinion Sir!

But check that Deuteronomy 14:22-29 very well. It was allowed to turn your agricultural products to cash if where God directed you to is far.

But still, I respect your view. More power to your elbow!!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by EmmyDJourno: 9:32am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Sir, please explain what you mean by "water it down".

Water it down mean; It is not worthless in the eyes of God
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Sososo(f): 9:33am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

seconded
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by MicaiahOgorry06: 9:33am On May 17, 2020
Pay it to your church. Note that it is the responsibility of your Church pastor to administer the tithe. God in His wisdom knows how to guide him on how to reach out to some windows, fatherless and even some other people that are in need. In a real sense even those who are paying tithe to their Church can as well be a partaker of the same tithe during their time of need.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Johnjanrt: 9:34am On May 17, 2020
Truth is, Christians ought to take serious their religious obligations by finding out truths hidden by their leaders to actually fulfill the will of the maker. Christianity is more of human to human relationship, which the image of the maker is found. Matthew 25 states clearly anything you do to the least of my people that you do unto me also, either ways pastors will always find their way of surviving but what about the poor and underprivileged as in the widows and orphans? Pastors will always claim that tithes and offerings are for the Lord, yet Psalm 50:12 says 'I don't drink the blood of goats from your flock, after all the world and all that is in it belongs to the Lord, the only offerings acceptable to the Lord is sincere prayers and Thanksgiving'

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:34am On May 17, 2020
Sotland:
I stand to be corrected Sir. Jesus Christ said "I'v not come to destroy the law of moses" He came to teach us about the greatest commandment...This means that we cannot rule out old testament completely, rather observe them and follow them diligently..

In all the tithing verse, perhaps you have not notice that certain people are often mentioned there "Levites" now who are the levites? Ain't they people dedicated to serve in the place of worship of God? Hence, the Pastors and alter servers...

It may also interest you to know that those verses also stipulated this "A place where God has chosen" now anytime, anyday Church is the place God has chosen to be His dwelling place.

Nevertheless the the book of Matthew 23 vs 23/and Luke 11 vs 42 made a clarification about tithing.. While most people are concern about rushing to the church to pay their tithes, they forgot thing which are weightier.."Justice And the love of God(mercy & faithfulness)" These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.”

Now understand that when you pay tithe and you could not help that poorest man in your area or that needy or hungry man, you are not doing it right... The point here is that you cannot neglect one for the other...

I am not here to argue but just to impact the little I know unto other.. Let he who has ears, hear the little voice speaking... Stay blessed sir...

What a confused refrain
Did he not destroy the law of Moses?
Yes or no
The law of Moses is even worse than Sharia law and inspired Sharia law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Geesaintagape: 9:34am On May 17, 2020
If u want to know the truth about tithe just study the concept with a Jehovah witness.
I attend Anglican so no biased

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by makjo900: 9:35am On May 17, 2020
Don't forget to follow this verses in the same Deuteronomy

[b]Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Or Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.[/b]
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by AZeD1(m): 9:36am On May 17, 2020
omonnakoda:

How does this relate to tithes
Read!!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by caleboxylic: 9:38am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

Hahhahahaha. Religious thief.
Deutronomy is where the law of tithe is Written.
All the tithe should be taken to the house of God and do what with it?
Are you meant to give to pastors/God or consume it?
Laws in the old statement have rules and those rules must be adhered for you to benefit from the practice.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Galaticos444: 9:41am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

u will make heavy grin
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:42am On May 17, 2020
adenigga:

I respect your opinion Sir!

But check that Deuteronomy 14:22-29 very well. It was allowed to turn your agricultural products to cash if where God directed you to is far.

But still, I respect your view. More power to your elbow!!!
Yes convert it and

What were you supposed to do with the cash?

It is dishonest to quote scripture in half

Please tell us

Yes you are coming from a far place so convert to cash

Then when you arrive at the destination

WHAT IS THE COMMAND?

Tell us

Be honest
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by mencer(m): 9:43am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay
Don't say outdated and obsolete verse
:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:44am On May 17, 2020
There is no provision for CASH TiTHE

ABSOLUTELY NOT
Nothing wrong with cash offerings but cash tithe had no place anywhere in the bible

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Enyimbamercedes: 9:44am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:
A friend just showed this scripture to me:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Give your tithe or more to anyone but not to a pastor. I have never given a tithe to any church Or pastor; rather I give to anyone in need and I do not put a measure to it.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Aystarz: 9:45am On May 17, 2020
Geesaintagape:

The irony is that these funny tithe-paying Nigerians think they can bribe God in exchange for financial gains? They are so going to keep getting disappointed!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Flyingngel(m): 9:45am On May 17, 2020
petra1 post:

Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

Can you pls tell us in the Bible where the "two" died and leave the "one".

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by pawilson(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable
You need to understand who wrote the books of Deuteronomy and Malachi. The book of Deuteronomy is were Moses reminds the people of the meaning of God convenat with them and a renew commitment to it's obligations, Where Moses reviews the Ten Commandments and various laws that are to govern Israel's life in the promise land. And in Malachi 3:10 did not say we should pay tenth of our earnings or first fruit , it was all made up.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:48am On May 17, 2020
AZeD1:

Read!!
How does that relate to tithes?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Emax911: 9:50am On May 17, 2020
all nah story, I pay my time in my church and I keep receiving blessings, why should I stop?...
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Vasgas: 9:51am On May 17, 2020
AMP:There are those who [generously] scatter abroad, and yet increase more; there are those who withhold more than is fitting or what is justly due, but it results only in want.

Happy Sunday
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by caleboxylic: 9:54am On May 17, 2020
toscolee:

This is alms giving, not tithe.
A lot of Christians don't give alms, it's unscriptural.
Pay your tithe and take care of your family.
Also help the poor and needy.

Pay your tithe to who?
Does God needs that useless money of yours?
Please,help the poor and widows around you and be blessed.

Giving, giving, giving and giving are all what humanity is and not tithing that won't add anything to your salvation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion / About The High Rate Of Extramarital Sexual Affairs Today / If Juju Person Sabi Pray For Him Juju Pass You, Him Go Win You (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.