Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26534 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:56am On May 17, 2020
Flyingngel:
petra1 post:

Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

Can you pls tell us in the Bible where the "two" died and leave the "one".
You cannot post these lies without references for each claim

Specifically tell us where the bible commands the tithe "for God " separately from what you call "picnic"

Eating and dancing in the "PRESENCE OF THE LORD" was a core component of Judaism . It was not a picnic at all

David was dancing as such and his wife Michal criticised him and Jehovah punished her for that with barrenness. It was no joke

Where did Jehovah command that tithes be given to high priest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by alphaRego01(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2020
Haba bros,to widows kwa shocked shocked
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by rollandben(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

For detailed explanation on tithes see this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
My brother, This Deut 14:22...Its an alternative verses of paying your tithe, please Try and read Mal verses before you start misleading poeple.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

Recreational feast with 10% of your annual income

Se arungun ni Jehofa ni?
Is communion bread and wine recreational?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by MadamExcellency: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

God does have Storehouses presently
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by osaweseforme(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2020
Most Christians don't read their BIBLE that is the problem. They should read NEHEMIAH 13 and they will get the message for those of which MALACHI 3 was referring to
kingigwe1:
you don't even know the origin of store house, where it was first mentioned and reason for a store house. Go back to that Deuteronomy and read fully about tithe.

Store house was cos of isreal steady war...then the king requested that the priest should concentrate on praying and sacrifice. Let the community try and send what to eat to the Levites.... At a point king Solomon asked them how they are doing and hope they are not lacking anything, they replied, they even have enough which the village do bring for them....now they were instructed ok if so build a store house( first place store Hosur was mentioned) , build a store house and place ten percent as they bring you something inside the store house.... Since some within the village don't even have, thus so the priest or those incharge can be feeding the community also from that store House.... What happened at the end? The same happening today...the priest at a point stop taking the 10 percent to the store house( read me, the priest and not the people)... Then Malachi shouted you are robbing God.... Malachi was talking to the priest not the isrealites..... You need to read your bible very well... Don't just follow quotes
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 17, 2020
bro follow your instinct. if you wish to pay your tithe in the church no problem. Like the bible said, you do not pay because its compulsory, You don't do it reluctantly, you give from your heart. So if wish not to pay weekly or monthly or to give it to the orphan. Its depends on you
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by MasterKernel: 10:10am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

It must be brought into the Church, but must be shared among these categories of individuals as stated by Bible.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by osaweseforme(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2020
Read it further it will tell you that you can buy whatsoever your soul lusteth after, for you and your family
adenigga:

I respect your opinion Sir!

But check that Deuteronomy 14:22-29 very well. It was allowed to turn your agricultural products to cash if where God directed you to is far.

But still, I respect your view. More power to your elbow!!!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Ekugbeh(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Sir, you didn't say anything about Deuteronomy 26:12.
read it in all it entirety for ur sef. I mean read it from the beginning to get full understanding.

That portion was talking about administration of tithes not for u as a tither. But the write up was mixed up to. It was addressing the priests and at the same time the congregation too.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by nonny1212: 10:12am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:
business center?
Haaa bros,try and be guided na.
And, you didn't even answer my question self
After reading that?

Then you must be dumb.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by osaweseforme(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2020
Your pastor is not a levite.
MicaiahOgorry06:
Pay it to your church. Note that it is the responsibility of your Church pastor to administer the tithe. God in His wisdom knows how to guide him on how to reach out to some windows, fatherless and even some other people that are in need. In a real sense even those who are paying tithe to their Church can as well be a partaker of the same tithe during their time of need.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by SmellingAnus(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2020
toscolee:

This is alms giving, not tithe.
A lot of Christians don't give alms, it's unscriptural.
Pay your tithe and take care of your family.
Also help the poor and needy.
False statement from you.... That passage is on tithing... Just because you have been indoctrinated to believe a particular lie that doesn't mean you shouldn't study and find out the truth for your self...

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by claycares: 10:13am On May 17, 2020
The funny thing is that the Bible was even written by a pagan, Constantine for the use of the Bishop of Constantinople.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by manforgu: 10:18am On May 17, 2020
toscolee:

Are you for real?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by mu2sa2: 10:22am On May 17, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
All this stupîd topics and repeatitions every Sunday angry
Without it the religion will die.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by gentlegenius(m): 10:24am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Sir,
What about Deuteronomy 14:28, 29?
Your pastor won't like what is written there.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by LeonOgu(m): 10:26am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:

Many have been deluded because of this tithe saga, and some religious men have used it to tight a lot of souls.
My bro, that beggar or that person in need at that very moment is the empty store house of the Lord. Not a mighty edifice made with human hand. Your tithes can also go to your pastors in need. Your body is the true temple of God, (1Cor.6:19). And Jesus said love your neighbor as yourself, (Mark12:31). Finally, He said whatever you do to the least of your brother, that you do to me,(Matt.25:40).
Beware of false teachings! They've made this tithe look like, if you don't pay it you'd end up in hell fire. May God save us!

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adenigga(m): 10:27am On May 17, 2020
osaweseforme:
Read it further it will tell you that you can buy whatsoever your soul lusteth after, for you and your family

It seems you don't really understand my point, I'm of the school of thought that believes in that Deuteronomy verses.

We're of the same opinion, but maybe the way I presented my argument made you to get me wrong.
I, for one don't subscribed to the interpretation of that Malachi, most of our pastors will never refer to Deuteronomy.

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by beexy: 10:30am On May 17, 2020
You can pay it to almajiri if you like!
So misteries in the Bible to unfold, na only tithes una go dey talk.
Note: Tithe won't rapture u!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by snowball11(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
All this stupîd topics and [b]repeatitions [/b]every Sunday angry

And what's your concern if a topic is repeated every sunday? I guess you have denounce "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet" before posting on christian thread And lastly, the word is spelt "repetition" and not "repeatition!"

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 10:34am On May 17, 2020
toscolee:

Giving alms is unscriptural?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Topnotch16(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2020
26:12-16 The tithes: In the first and second years, the tithes
were to be used for the feasts (14:22-27). The third tithe was to be
given to the Levites and the poor (14:28,29). The worshiper must
then proclaim before the Lord at the tabernacle that he had fulfilled
the duties of the tithe (14:23; 15:20). Tithes were for the purpose of
fully supporting the priests and Levites (Nm 18:21-32). Since the
priests and Levites functioned on behalf of the people to serve the
spiritual needs of the people and to maintain their focus on God, God
instituted that they be fully supported on behalf of Israel.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by chiemmanuel(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

For detailed explanation on tithes see this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
God bless you
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adenigga(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2020
omonnakoda:

Yes convert it and

What were you supposed to do with the cash?

It is dishonest to quote scripture in half

Please tell us

Yes you are coming from a far place so convert to cash

Then when you arrive at the destination

WHAT IS THE COMMAND?

Tell us

Be honest

Please, get me right!!!

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 10:46am On May 17, 2020
adenigga:

Please, get me right!!!
I won't even look at that

When you convert your goods to cash what are you supposed to do with the cash? What is the biblical command?
Very simple question.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by donchibe: 10:47am On May 17, 2020
Deuteronomy 26:12 Amplified Bible (AMP)
12 “When you have finished [a]paying all the tithe of your produce the third year, [which is] the year of tithing, then you shall give it to the Levite, to the stranger, to the orphan, and to the widow, so that they may eat within the gates of your cities and be satisfied.
There are two tithe here,
1, tithe commanded by God-This one most go to God not negotiable.
2, tithe given to the poor after you most have done the former. is more like alms-giving.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Khalidase83(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2020
Tithe is not required of Christians. God does not require tithe to bless u. How much did anyone paid for God to send his only son for man's sins Pls see Romans 8:30-33. God's gifts and blessings are free.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adenigga(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2020
ChiefAfonja:
cheesy

Nigerian pastors won't read these to their members

They are like........

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by doctorbabs(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2020
what a confused religion! they made us to understand that since Jesus has died for sins... old things has passed away and now new creature.. I don't see reason why anyone will be qouting from old testament.. although Jesus said he didn't come to abolished the law but to fulfilled it am also surprised nobody quote a single verse from New testament like this one... Mathew 23 v 23.Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Christian's always qouted from Old testament any good things to suit their point but abandoned those they believe are difficult to obey. may Lord guide and lead us aright.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adenigga(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2020
omonnakoda:

I won't even look at that

When you convert your goods to cash what are you supposed to do with the cash? What is the biblical command?
Very simple question.

Please, endeavour to read the passage.

To your questions, it is whatever your soul lusteth after.
Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Liberian Pastor Polishes His Wife's Nails (Photos) / Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.