Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) (108781 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Used ₦100 Notes For Exam Malpractice (Pictured) / IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by fernandoc(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
...forget that story of nnpc, we know how they cut corners too. They can also seek employment outside Nigeria if they are not comfortable with their current pay or better still, start their own business and make extra money. Them no tie their legs.
I’ve seen most of your comments here. You don’t only sound very insensitive but highly moronic at the same time.
Be sure of facts before you come here to spill trash abeg.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 9:04am On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Let's be very sincere who destroyed the university system? Is it not the same professors who do nothing , no research, mismanage grants, dont write papers just sit and award grades and come to lectures when they feel like.
The truth is in in Niggeria everyone wants to be paid for doing nothing. Working hard is seen as suffering. Everyone wants to be millionaire overnight na him cause this wahala. You have a system that is overburdened with too many employees who are not showing any tangible results for the pay they take.
The day the government stops being a charity organization then we will see progress

Those do-nothing professors you mention are not the cause. They are the CONSEQUENCE of FG not properly funding public tertiary education. Can you imagine a typical best-in-class graduate taking up a lecturing job to collect the peanuts on Page 1? Oho? When most don't, the positions are taken by increasingly lower quality scholars, leading to the problems you pointed out.

Many of you commenting on this topic do not understand the heinous class warfare that the FG's actions will unleash. Nor do you understand the level of personal sacrifice required for someone worth his salt to stay in the Nigerian university system.

5 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:05am On May 19, 2020
This government is really out to destroy the public education sector and people are cheering the administration.
You are try to cut cost of governance,but it must be the already under funded education sector that the deductions will be made from.
How much was allocated for education in the 2020 budget, just N48bn. But even that is too much for this cattle administration that has no value for education.
The lecturers can remain on strike,schools can remain shut down for the rest of the year, Buhari and his henchmen don't give a damn as long as they get more money to loot.
Is it Buhari that cares about education, or zainab, or malami, which one of those Fulani shit heads gives a fucck about education.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:07am On May 19, 2020
That is Basic salary!

Allowances have not been added yet!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by YADNUS11: 9:09am On May 19, 2020
na them them, mean while, the student are the ones suffering from this nonsense. some lecturers don't even deserve salary self.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by MrBigiman: 9:10am On May 19, 2020
So professors should take home 5billion per month ryt? Even those who kept doing masters, PHD etc because of lack of job too. Payment should be based on the economy, the effort put in, time spent, and not on big titles.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by dejt4u(m): 9:11am On May 19, 2020
snakie86:

Bros, please we are somehow intellect here.

What is the pay structure like before IPPIS, I mean the full template as you highlighted here which will make us have a better judgement.

To the best of my knowledge, civil servant (University lecturers) are on salary scale (CONUASS), give us this pay structure with breakdown. This will allow us know if they are short paid or not.

I have seen payslip of other civil servant under IPPIS in some ministries and agencies with salaries up to a million and million plus which this salary is based on pay grade. So, I believe this shouldn't be different for lecturers too as you are to earn according to your grade.
even before IPPIS, the CONUASS salary scale is very bad
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by tayoccu(m): 9:12am On May 19, 2020
The same profs that collect salary from at least 2 government funded universities and 1 or 2 private schools?

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by eldoradoxx: 9:15am On May 19, 2020
The information is vital for those of you rushing to do PhD so that you can lecture in a hopeless country called Nigeria. Even a police constable collecting #50-#100 bribe from okada and taxi riders daily would make more than a Nigeria Professor.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Bimpe29: 9:19am On May 19, 2020
It's complicated really.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by damosade(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as Moses and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

Conscience is dead. Where is your moral and personal conviction to be upright under any circumstances

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Mires: 9:20am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

You must have been following a lot of government propaganda against ASUU.
Ask any if your trusted relations who is a lecturer.

What is stated above is nothing but the whole truth. That's the lump sum. I know a number of my colleagues that we have discussed the payment structure and they have regretted wasting their lives in academics. They are all PhD holders. Yesterday one was telling me the same. She said our lecturers lifestyle when we were undergraduate students misled us into this profession with suffering and nothing to take home with.

Believe me, if this payment structure continues, only mediocrities will be in Nigerian University system. The money itself has been like that before IPPIS, only that some of the deductibles weren't deducted.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Kennyceez: 9:20am On May 19, 2020
When you add all other allowances to this money and also handout bonus and some miscellaneous cash they get from students, trust me u will know that it's okay for them. Beside what do they impact in students that they want more than this.

3 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by xperiencelove(m): 9:21am On May 19, 2020
You better stop saying rubbish and desist from propagating lies. I know what every academic lecturer earns which depends in their level and step and their other allowances varies depending on the institution.
You didn't address the situation where most professors start coming to class few weeks to the exam; where academic staff teaches in 3 to 5 different institutions including private; where research grants were used to build houses and buy cars; where they molested our ladies (our future wives); where they demand for bribes; where they embezzle their IGR; where they plagiarized; where they uses our own projects as their research; where most of them add nothing to the society etc.
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

3 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Op80: 9:21am On May 19, 2020
I am not a fan of Buhari but I like what he is doing with this IPPIS. All those do nothing lecturers are just milking the system without anything to show for it. Lazy, rude, intimidating fellow Nigerians because they are lecturers. They are even earning so much compared to work done. Professorship they earn now is based on caucus you belong not achievement in academics. They are now competing amongst themselves who will acquire the most expensive SUV. How many breakthrough have you heard any Nigerian lecturer or school made in scientific research, innovation and inventions. Ordinary lecture notes they give students are the ones prepared above 20 years ago. Use them for election, they become the biggest riggers. They have all become politicians within the walls of universities and even outside. They have made mess of the whole Nigeria education system. While the politicians are destroying from one side, lecturers are destroying from the other side. What I saw during my years in University both as an undergraduate and Masters student made me feel sorry for the generation unborn. Buhari should not relent in his quest to enroll all of them into the IPPIS system for accountability.

8 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by felsunseg(m): 9:21am On May 19, 2020
Me personally think that the salary should be based on steps and level.

Example if you are on step 3 then your salary must have been increased by 3 step.

Maybe 342,000 + (342,000*3)
342,000 + 1,026,000 =1,368,000

Just my thought though
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nwaonyishi69: 9:22am On May 19, 2020
This 'blame others' government is putting all of us, except politicians in Apshit, at high risks and endangering the future chances of the lives of all humans, animals and plants associated with this 'Zoo'.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Fedrams: 9:22am On May 19, 2020
The salary you posted based on IPPIS structure is still the same salary before the introduction of IPPIS. I work in the bank in one of the Federal University and I have the idea of the Prof salary.
The reason they are rejecting theIPPIS was because IPPIS does not give room fortgose collecting Mutiple salary.
There some Prof collecting salary from the University and also collecting salary from the University teaching hospital

5 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by acetylcholine(f): 9:23am On May 19, 2020
heykims:
You should also tell us the pay before IPPIS. IPPIS didn't cut down salaries but ensures tax, pension and other deductions are optimally removed.
People in academics have been evading tax for years and IPPIS enrolment will break that.
Mind u, civil servants are generally poorly paid not just professors.
Op is also a liar, there are other allowances attached.

I don't usually comment but I logged in purposely to reply you and others like you who just conclude without facts.

I am sure no member of your family is a lecturer, if not, you would have seen it on their payslip even before IPPIS matter came up that tax is deducted every month.

A resident doctor said he can cover cross to academics because it is slavery as he earns more than a professor who cannot boast of taking 450k home as salary.

Which other allowances were you referring to? You think this is NNPC or CBN or other agencies that you are given travel allowances etc? As a lecturer, hazard allowance per month is eight hundred and forty one naira(#841), on the payslip before IPPIS. Technologies that fought for theirs we're paid 30k hazard allowance before, but with IPPIS, the government removed hazard allowance and unexplainable deductions NASU, NAAT etc are aggitating against.

Another deduction is NHS, national housing fund which by law is not compulsory. You are a big fool if you think you can continue living in rented apartment and government will someday build house for you.

Also how do you explain the fact that 2 individuals in the same cader and step do not get the same salaries? It is only gullible people FG can decieve that they are saving billions with IPPIS. If they are saving money at all, it is the pay of lecturers unjustly cut.

Lest I forget, I know not less than 2people who do not have a federal government job but received salaries through IPPIS. It is people without brains the government can decieve. Let me rest my case here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:23am On May 19, 2020
Globad:

Why not post the figures BEFORE IPPIS as well nah?
He posted it check the attached pic.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by AUTHORITTY(m): 9:25am On May 19, 2020
This take home cannot take you home now, Haba! I'm still learning sha.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by omhor(f): 9:25am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as Moses and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

I can add more to this but let's just leave it this way for now...... Shameless people!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Mires: 9:26am On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Let's be very sincere who destroyed the university system? Is it not the same professors who do nothing , no research, mismanage grants, dont write papers just sit and award grades and come to lectures when they feel like.
The truth is in in Niggeria everyone wants to be paid for doing nothing. Working hard is seen as suffering. Everyone wants to be millionaire overnight na him cause this wahala. You have a system that is overburdened with too many employees who are not showing any tangible results for the pay they take.
The day the government stops being a charity organization then we will see progress

Research? Do you know what it cost to carry out a detailed research? You expect a Nigerian Professor to do that with his stipend in the absent of research grant. I don't know why some of you just hate academics as if they are the reason you had bad grade while in school.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 9:26am On May 19, 2020
xperiencelove:
You better stop saying rubbish and desist from propagating lies. I know what every academic lecturer earns which depends in their level and step and their other allowances varies depending on the institution.
You didn't address the situation where most professors start coming to class few weeks to the exam; where academic staff teaches in 3 to 5 different institutions including private; where research grants were used to build houses and buy cars; where they molested our ladies (our future wives); where they demand for bribes; where they embezzle their IGR; where they plagiarized; where they uses our own projects as their research; where most of them add nothing to the society etc.

Do most professors do these, or are you just smoking crack?
Mention one profession in Nigeria that doesn't have bad eggs ?!
Should the conditions of service of a profession should be tied to the conduct of the bad eggs?

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:27am On May 19, 2020
heykims:
You should also tell us the pay before IPPIS. IPPIS didn't cut down salaries but ensures tax, pension and other deductions are optimally removed.
People in academics have been evading tax for years and IPPIS enrolment will break that.
Mind u, civil servants are generally poorly paid not just professors.
Op is also a liar, there are other allowances attached.

No additional.

It's not easy for lecturers. Even doctors.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by mofedamijo(m): 9:27am On May 19, 2020
Back in 2009 before graduating, i knew professors who were earning 600k, one i was sure of earned about 1million, it might not be much, but that was what i saw. I have no idea where you got this one from. Secondly, a lecturer you just got his professorship wont earn the same as one with 15 years professorship, it comes with levels

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by acetylcholine(f): 9:33am On May 19, 2020
mofedamijo:
Back in 2009 before graduating, i knew professors who were earning 600k, one i was sure of earned about 1million, it might not be much, but that was what i saw. I have no idea where you got this one from. Secondly, a lecturer you just got his professorship wont earn the same as one with 15 years professorship, it comes with levels

Please can you state the university you graduated from. I am sure it is a private university not a federal university. And if it is a federal university, please post a sample of the pay slip to justify a Prof. takes home 600k
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 9:33am On May 19, 2020
Mires:

Research? Do you know what it cost to carry out a detailed research? You expect a Nigerian Professor to do that with his stipend in the absent of research grant. I don't know why some of you just hate academics as if they are the reason you had bad grade while in school.
Was it not here we were hearing reports of academicians using research grants to buy vcar and houses? We all know how these monies are used this is naija. Why is it when the truth is told you immediately assume its hate? Same way if I call out doctors or soldiers on this forum there is always someone crying hate. I attended school abroad.
I can't remember a time any lecturer didnt show up to class and on time. The one incident where the lecturer was late with 10 minutes, she already told us one week before that she will be late because she will be at a meeting. And she apologized profusely. Do you see that level of commitment in your country?

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Globad(f): 9:34am On May 19, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

He posted it
check the attached pic.

He posted GROSS.

Does it mean that deductions were not being made from lecturers' salaries before now?

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by drealcivilceno(m): 9:35am On May 19, 2020
The intellectuals caused all of these. They allowed tyrants to rule our country without putting up a fight. So, it is well deserved.

Whatever goes round must surely come round.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 9:36am On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

Those do-nothing professors you mention are not the cause. They are the CONSEQUENCE of FG not properly funding public tertiary education. Can you imagine a typical best-in-class student taking up a lecturing job to collect the peanuts on Page 1? Oho? When most don't, the positions are taken by increasingly lower quality scholars, leading to the problems you pointed out.

Many of you commenting on this topic do not understand the heinous class warfare that the FG's actions will unleash. Nor do you understand the level of personal sacrifice required for someone worth his salt to stay in the Nigerian university system.
Lack of funding is an excuse not to vome to class, or divert fubds meant for research. Truth is if they were comitted to their jobs even the FG will be forced to take them seriously. I repeat was it not hear we heard of government funds meant for research that the academicians use to buy car and house. Somehow you have ignored this point.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by sweetsuny: 9:37am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..am sure there other allowances not mentioned
Gross

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation / Covenant University Sex Scandal: Photos, Audio Of Adooh Emmanuel / 2016/2017 OOU Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.