Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman (66549 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by hermesprogidy(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2020
Covid-19 is slowly affecting Nairaland. What exactly is this Pointless thread doing on the front page?

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by livebyday(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Gone are the days when people marry "Obiageri's" according to the Igbos.
Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

I repeat, back then things were not this bad and everyone knew their roles.

But in today's world, so many things have changed.

Women should bring to the table as much as they expect from the man.

Raising children costs alot of money and shouldn't be the responsibility of the man alone.

So many marriages have crashed on the alter of poverty or "One stream of income".

We must learn to tell ourselves the truth always.

Back then, you don't spend so much to raise a child. If he or she wants to go to the community school or follow the white man's way of life, you send them as a punishment. But those humble and loyal sons, follow you to the farm and when they come of age, you give them farmlands and wives if possible. But that's not the case anymore.

Apart from formal education abroad, I also encouraged my children to learn sellable skills. One of my son is a fashion designer and that is what puts food on his table in the UK. His college degree only reflects on his call cards.

I told this to my children (Daughters inclusive) never to marry a man or woman who has no verifiable means of income.

Money is needed to run a home in the 21st century. Alot of money!

We no longer live in mud houses or drink from pots.

As for "Entitlement", I think every couple should have that mentality depending on the context.

The man is entitled to his wife's emotional commitment. She is his wife and this also applies to the man.

I am tired of typing.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

5. She has food on her table because so many men send her money.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

This is where I found you

I shall send you a pm right away

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by MansoryMX(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2020
Kingspin:
ALL Some men are afraid of marriage today because of the attitude of our new era girls.

Women now sees marriage as a business opportunity and a way to escape poverty, after spending most of their era in fashion and relationship contest, they set 7 point agenda for men.

Dear Men if you get the real women hold her tight they are a rare commodity nowadays.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by LaJoe2: 6:54am On May 23, 2020
Coborona:

I was expecting something better than this

Entitled man?

Come on... It's the other way round

I'm not disputing that there are entitled men..

But more women act entitled

Right from dating... Most Naija ladies to be specific start asking for money to fix hair, to buy phone...
Money that they can't ask their fathers
They were not there when he was hustling, just toasting a Naija babe alone. She starts feeling entitled... I need money for subscription....I want to fix this.... If you shut her down... She starts giving you attitude

I laff is this is the best counter thread y'all can come up with, this thread is a failure at best, like shooting yourself in the leg or scoring an own goal grin grin

Dead on arrival

Spits*

I eat their attitude for breakfast
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Remaboy(m): 6:55am On May 23, 2020
[s]
fELiscatus:
I am a woman yes.
You men are frustrated, na everyday una dey cry ontop woman matter
[/s]
Wasted individual, so you didn't see anything meaningful from this thread.

If we say women don't make use of their brains now, they will start nagging and bitching.

Better STFU and change una ways.

7 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by bluefilm: 6:56am On May 23, 2020
Snaagg:
Nobody's is forcing you into marriage in the first place.

Afterall it's your gender that cry yourselves to sleep every night, embarking on intense fasting and prayer for husbands + joining Facebook groups to encourage each other in your singleness/loneliness grin

Then you start giving boyfriends ultimatum on when they must propose to you. Hahahhaha!

Na only for Nairaland una get liver. Desperados.

Chai.

Oga Snaagg, I no know say you wicked like dis o!

No make the poor girl go commit suicide o because some of these things we dey talk for this nairaland dey affect some people badly o.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by fELiscatus: 6:56am On May 23, 2020
Remaboy:
[s][/s]
Wasted individual, so you didn't see anything meaningful from this thread.

If we say women don't make use of their brain now, they will start nagging and bitching.

Better STFU and change una ways.

Frustrated individual

Why is my post paining you like this, see how he is quoting me up and down to cry on my post

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 6:58am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

Raising children costs alot of money and shouldn't be the responsibility of the man alone.

So many marriages have crashed on the alter of poverty or "One stream of income".

Back then, you don't spend so much to raise a child. If he or she wants to go to the community school or follow the white man's way of life, you send them as a punishment. But those humble and loyal sons, follow you to the farm and when they come of age, you give them farmlands and wives if possible. But that's not the case anymore.

Apart from formal education abroad, I also encouraged my children to learn sellable skills. One of my son is a fashion designer and that is what puts food on his table in the UK. His college degree only reflects on his call cards.

I told this to my children (Daughters inclusive) never to marry a man or woman who has no verifiable means of income.

As for "Entitlement", I think every couple should have that mentality depending on the context.

The man is entitled to his wife's emotional commitment. She is his wife and this also applies to the man.

I am tired of typing.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

*what? Did u sit down to type all these or u copied & pasted it?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by kline2001: 7:02am On May 23, 2020
Well spoken sir. God will bless you.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by SocialJustice: 7:02am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever
I mean never settle for an entitled man

angry angry angry
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 7:02am On May 23, 2020
manontree:
Rubbish. Marriage is this, marriage is that yet week in week out thousands are getting married. Am I missing something here? If it's that bad why are thousands or even millions getting married. Social media has swamped the institution to the extent that the few bad cases are highlighted and scorned making people think marriage is hell

It is not. Simply marry with no intention to scam your spouse. It is a continuous work in progress for both and approach it with the spirit of give and take and NOT me me me

Also make sure you do not jump into marriage with anyone that catches your fancy. Avoid using looks, wealth and dress sense as a basis which a lot of ladies live and hang by. Character trumps all these. Marry someone with good character and every other would-be added onto you

Finally what you expect from your spouse, be that character first

My brother, I agree with you 100%
But what we have in some of this good-for-nothing Naija babes are holes. Holes is the only value they can afford to bring to the table...
To be serious, if relationships are built on " having what you expect from your partner" all these one-day marriages wouldn't be happening...but one partner married the other for benefits....some jobless ladies will do all that they can to marry a rich dude. The question is this; what improvement do they want to bring to that guy:s life other than fucking......

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by uchmannn(m): 7:02am On May 23, 2020
[quote author=Dyt post=89831739]Never ever

Are u talking from experience?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by kline2001: 7:05am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some
G will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Cheers!
God will u
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by kline2001: 7:06am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some
G will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Cheers!
God will increase sir

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Remaboy(m): 7:06am On May 23, 2020
fELiscatus:
Frustrated individual
Why is my post paining you like this, see how he is quoting me up and down to cry on my post
Hian! Just 2 mentions is giving you orgasm like dis

The average Nigerian woman finds a way to broke-shame men when they have no basis to argue about.

Mostly when their brain is empty and they still want to make the man feel inferior, thereby resorting to childish insults.

No be today una start. Stale shit.

10 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 7:06am On May 23, 2020
It goes both ways.

Infact we have more entitled women out there, don't play yourself.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by yomislim: 7:06am On May 23, 2020
Alero3Arubi:
The biggest mistake would be to marry at all.
The biggest mistake would be to not marry at all.
The biggest mistake would bw to do as others are doing.
Just do what works for you.
But lucky is the one who was never born.
you get sense

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Moji12(f): 7:08am On May 23, 2020
What kind of lame counter thread is this? You should have a salient point to counter the other thread n not just show some form of anger because of wat said from the last topic. It simply shows it got to you.

9 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Remaboy(m): 7:09am On May 23, 2020
cococandy:

In your own words, it means there are many monkeys on this thread grin
See the way you are helplessly trying to defend your ilks. This your pain no be here.

5 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by rolams(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

Truth, oh my gush! A Bitter truth!! You nailed it!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by annyz: 7:11am On May 23, 2020
igbowoman:

It's actually an indictment on men.When u are still at your mama's houses at 33 dragging plate of beans na who go marry the girls?
Remember that most girls do hard to get until they pass the age of youthful marriage.
You will surely be amazed if such girls narrate on how many young potential husbands they turned down just because of material selfishness.
High bride prices and marriage lists in most cultures have contributed negatively.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by mankind9(m): 7:11am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!
Wow!! I don't know who you are but this piece you have just put together to enlighten peoples here blew my mind. You are a bright man and I can tell your kids took same from you.
Thanks for this.

8 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by xendra: 7:11am On May 23, 2020
Nobody is as entitled as a Nigerian man, yet they'd be the first to scream "entitled" towards a lady for asking anything in return.

plus their level of insecurity and low self esteem is out of this world.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by fELiscatus: 7:12am On May 23, 2020
Remaboy:

Hian! Just 2 mentions is giving you orgasm like dis

The average Nigerian woman finds a way to broke-shame men when they have no basis to argue about.

Mostly when their brain is empty and they still want to make the man feel inferior, thereby resorting to childish insults.

No be today una start. Stale shit.

Blablablabla

Continue crying, dont go and look for work and stop being broke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by MansoryMX(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2020
queengift:
The worst mistake is marrying a vision less man, a man without focus in life,
A man that sees challenges as defeat or end of the road for him.
A man you can't trust or confide in.
A man that you can't lay your head on his shoulders during trials.
A man that is not intelligent
A man that lacks respect for women
A man that don't fear God
A man that's a homosexual.

Young ladies be careful when choosing your partner. Is a life time journey.

Kpele Madam. Naija Wendy William cheesy

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by fELiscatus: 7:13am On May 23, 2020
xendra:
Nobody is as entitled as a Nigerian man, yet they'd be the first to scream "entitled" towards a lady for asking anything in return.

plus their level of insecurity and low self esteem is out of this world.

Honestly
Very irritating set of people
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by KIDfurniture(m): 7:14am On May 23, 2020
Naija babe give u sex just 1 time she starts to submit her budgets to you. Most of them finished down there. Just avoid them. They will sleep around for money. Their parents should start payment men in Nigeria for putting up with their shits...

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by wany(f): 7:16am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!
Well said and written, I applaud you.but please also echoe it to the male folks, that they should kill the notion that men marry down but should rather marry their social class with this in place the narrative will certainly change.because the parasitic ladies they claim are every where is as a result of men marrying down.l repeat look up your class. undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Presh900(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!
Nice post. I just followed you.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by yemmie(m): 7:18am On May 23, 2020
@ Dyt ... I try hard not to respond to you these new era girls... most of you lack wisdom of the old

1. Whether you / others like it or not ... there is a divine status quo... right from the first creation ( Eve was created because of Adam)....

2. The root of generational tree ... the continuation of
human race lies with the man ... “ Don’t worry you tell there are sperm bank”

3. Spiritually in the coven of women .... the equation will never be balance without a single male ...I will not elucidate

4. Generational blessings and curse emanate from man ... so be careful the way you treat than man in your life

@ All men ... the person that can make you shine or sink is that woman you call a wife or friend... ( be wise) in your dealings with her ... this is a divine status quo right from Adam...

@ men to be great / successful and to fulfill your destiny .... avoid sex with random women..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by PoliticallyInco: 7:19am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever

angry angry angry

Isn't entitlement a part of all human nature?

Even women feel entitled to marriage. They feel they should fall in love, get married to a man who will make them happy forever, etc.

As long as you have self worth, you have some sense of entitlement. That is a fact.

The problem is not about being entitled but about what you feel entitled about.

Do you feel as a human you should sit at home, do nothing and another should work to feed you?
Do you think as a human, you have no responsibility to the society and to your family? Do you think as a human and as a spouse, you have no responsibility in taking care of and nurturing the children?

What are you entitled about? What is the man or woman feeling entitled about. If he feels he shouldn't be insulted and nagged daily. If he feels that since you are a sit at home wife he expects as a minimum a clean home and good food, is that a bad thing?

If she feels as a woman and as a mother she needs some assistance as home with minor domestics work. Or she feels entitled to some attention from you when you get back from work. Or she feels entitled for you to hold her, hug her and ask her how her day went just as you both discuss how your day went, is that bad feeling of entitlement?

The QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE MAN/WOMAN FEELING ENTITLED ABOUT?

EVERY HUMAN WITH GOOD SELF ESTEEM AND GOOD SELF CONFIDENCE WILL FEEL ENTITLED TO AND EXPECT BASIC THINGS LIKE MUTUAL RESPECT. UNDERSTANDING. EMOTIONAL SUPPORT, MUTUAL FINANCIAL PLANS AND AGREEMENT, CHILD REARING RESPONSIBILITIES, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by ucosuagwu(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

Senior Oga, tee ree gbosa for you.... cheesy cheesy cheesy You have spoken well.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / “I Cheated On My Wife To Make Her Lose Weight” – Kenyan Man / My Husband doesn’t give me sexual satisfaction because he uses condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 222
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.