Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. (9724 Views)

The Girl Helping Me After My Surgery Is Irritating Me Please Help!!! / Sex: This Is What Men Think About Mostly!!! / The 8 Different Types Of Vaginas And What Men Think Of Each. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by ruggedtimi(m): 9:38am On Jun 03, 2020
nuelsam:
I didn't create this thread actually...she did and apparently she's being emotional over the rape issue instead of being logical.
I can't deal.
I quoted u wrongly... undecided
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by gunners160(m): 9:47am On Jun 03, 2020
MrBachelor:
I don't see where he justified rape, though.
Don't mind d mumu op jor
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 03, 2020
pansophist:

I remember a quote from one of Chris Rock standup. He said and I quote, "men do not have female friends, men have women they haven't bleeped yet". grin

A large amount of men can not maintain a non sexual relationship with women. Also, it is quite common for men to misinterpret platonic interest to a romantic one, and think "NO" means "YES, but try harder". The social dynamic is not clear cut, and it makes all things messy.

About the topic, I am a proponent of due process, but where I got off the bus is when he was holding the lady accountable of her rape, more like holding George Floyd accountable for his murder. Makes no sense at all.

Chris Rock is right to some extent, it's just a matter of time before emotions start running.However it depends on the maturity of both friends to choose between "the friendship" that may be ruined and the "relationship" that may be borne out of lust or infatuation. Even at that, there should be a boundary to friendship between opposite sex but No! People will want to appear "Woke" and "Mature" thereby throwing all cautious to the air. I try not to type some things here because most will hardly see reason but the fact remains, Sometimes Women play a lot in this issue.

When people do not understand the difference between"Yes and No" there will be lot of misconceptions. When Men are made to believe they have right over every woman's body, then there will be trespasses.
When Women use a Crime they abhor as a weapon to blackmail or manipulate Men, then there will be downplaying of such crime
When people do not see need to fight a crime because it doesn't involve a member of a specific gender, then there will be retaliation and of course questioning " if such crime is even a crime at all". These are logic!

The Guy in the screenshot is a fool for not knowing where to stop a conversation or how to express himself.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Liposure: 9:54am On Jun 03, 2020
48noble:

You are just another proud Beetch , this guy was just educating you and here u r with ur peanut brain trying to shame him.

Rapists are entitled to a Lawyer for his defense and the raped must provide evidence to prove d charge, that's d law.
but how do u expect a rape victim 2 provide evidence of her rape when u and i know she's psychologically incapable cos of PTSD. haba, thats not fair

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2020
Nnaabros:

This is exactly the same advice I was spreading on twitter and they all descended on me, calling me 'potential rapist' undecided

I discretely avoid any rape arguments. Everyone should fight their battles in their own way.
Thing is people do not like it when they are shown realities. They would rather hide behind illusions of having sensible humans when the truth is there are lots of pedophiles, rapists, murderers, kidnappers out there. Those tips I wrote up there are being taught in South Africa, India and other countries experiencing same issues. As a matter of fact I watched a South Africa show on TV teaching ladies how to defend themselves.

But our Nigerian ladies will rather wail and "expect" everybody to be sensible and the world should be good. Lol even Some Whites that are protective of their children are now exposing them to realities when they see how difficult it is for their children to handle real life situations. I learnt from an American the true story behind the "Beauty and the BEAST" a story that has been refined to depict a happy ever after love story. Lol ... I'm pained truly at the ignorance some people show.

Even the Bible says: "My people perish for the lack of Knowledge"

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Benee1000(m): 10:06am On Jun 03, 2020
missimelda01:

He's right because you say so?
Before I say another thing, please read the bolded in my post again, then read yours and tell me what is the relation. The man said 'if a girl has wronged him..', meaning the reason for rape can also be the girl's fault.. how's that a proper statement? And why shouldn't I attack anyone that supports that kind of thing.

His point is correct according to the law, not because I say so.

And Like I said earlier, he used the wrong example in trying to explain his point about hearing from both parties and providing substantial evidence before passing judgment.

No one said u shouldn't argue or 'attack' someone who shares a contrary opinion to yours, but when you do, do it from a logical perspective, bringing your facts, proof or ideas to the table to counter the opposing opinion, not being clouded by emotions and resulting to insult the person, or you could simply ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Liposure: 10:38am On Jun 03, 2020
In this part of the world, Rape is 2 sensitive an issue 2 debate. our judgement are driven by emotion at the expense of reason. In any case, Say no 2 rape
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Techcrunchng(m): 11:57am On Jun 03, 2020
Scenario 2: A girl was walking on the street, on her own, maybe around the hour of 8 pm. A guy waylaid her and raped her at the nearest corner.
Both of them has committed rape! But they will not likely get the same sentence if charged for rape.

missimelda01:

I should edit my post and add this for everyone to see.
What are you saying? You blame a girl for walking at night, which mean you blame Uwa for going to read at night. Guy this your illustration no follow at allllll.

I'm dating a guy and he rapes me, I'm supposed to take part of the blame for that too? Are you kidding me right now.. do you have sisters?? Damn.
Jullima I'm done with these guys.
I think your problem is lack of comprehensive understanding, the guy is trying to let you know that the emboldened has higher punishment than scenerio 1 and 3

there's nowhere he said ladies shouldn't walk around in the night nevertheless, females ought to take precautionary measures wherever necessary because there would always be the evil ones out there.

No man supports a rapist except the person committing that particular raping with the rapist (the co-rapist), OP a simple illustration from another dimension of what your so called "animal contact" ( grin your contact portrays who you are ) and many commentators here are trying to say is that:

1: A driver who don't have a driver's license and ran over and killed an individual on suicidal attempt who happened to intentionally jumped over the moving vehicle.
2: And a driver who purposely ran over and killed an individual just because he/she is provoked or offended.

The driver 1 will receive lighter punishment (maybe some months/years imprisonment with payment for damages) because the driver failed to possess the requisite requirement before driving a vehicle on the road, now you must believe me that the deceased has a share of the punishment indirectly because he/she contributed to the circumstances which led to his/her death, now who received the highest punishment between the driver 1 and the deceased? Of course the deceased because he/she lost his/her life in the process.

Now in the case of driver 2, he/she will receive a maximum punishment perhaps death by hanging or at least life imprisonment; from the look of things it's a win win justice here as there is no other punishment to be given to the driver 2 to exceed the havoc wrecked.

So back to main topic at hand, the above examples are applicable to a rape case. Rape case is judged based on circumstances although every rapist must be punished if found guilty but not on the same scale.

In a case whereby the victim contributed to the circumstances that led to the rape he/she will indirectly receive a punishment in the sense that the offender will surely be released after serving his/her term and rehabilitation meanwhile some rapists will be jailed for life depending on how it happened for example those that committed Uwa menace will never have their lives spared if caught.

So ladies be careful on whatever you do and whoever you mingle with because it's not everyone that's sound upstairs and we know every rapist must be punished if found guilty but my question is, based on the circumstances that led to the rape will the punishment heal the trauma and everything even if it's 10 years imprisonment?

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Omar09(m): 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ariza:
Here is the truth of this whole matter! I do not believe in placards, hashtags or online protests or threads they have done nothing and will have little or no effect. I believe in Action! In Reality! Let the ladies be on guard! Take precautions! Don't walk alone at night, have teaser and pepper spray with you, learn little combative martial arts, be fit to Run, let your No be No. Don't visit a guy at home if you aren't ready to go down. Do away with Male friends! Stop losing guards by talking and smiling at every guy that says "Hello" it's not being approachable but available! Respect yourself,have lots of Dignity and don't forget to Pray.

It's a dangerous world out there, don't think all #saynotorape rants will make any difference. Act!

Come here let me kiss you! Although after what pansophist said one time about the mouth, I take back my kiss and present a hug instead.

In other words, you made a lot of sense. I still wonder tho if you are a woman or just an older one or one with older brain... No offense!

2 Likes

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
Omar09:

Come here let me kiss you! Although after what pansop hist said one time about the mouth, I take back my kiss and present a hug instead.

In other words, you made a lot of sense. I still wonder tho if you are a woman or just an older one or one with older brain... No offense!
I'm 56 will be celebrating my 57th birthday soon. I've written that here before nah grin grin
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by csamii: 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
See this issue of rape, we will still be talking about it until the end of time because sexual predators don't care about anything. If a rapist is found guilty, sentence him/her to life in prison. Will it stop rapist? No! But the victim will get the satisfaction her/his rapist is going out for life and society will have one less animal to worry about.

As per being a rape apologist, I don't know what that mean but if I see a funny rape incident/joke I'm going to laugh.
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Lightangel64: 12:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Liposure:
but how do u expect a rape victim 2 provide evidence of her rape when u and i know she's psychologically incapable cos of PTSD. haba, thats not fair

So how do you expect us to know it is true and not send an innocent guy to jail.

We have the law, every criminal is entitled to a lawyer. Say no to jungle justice

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Omar09(m): 12:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ariza:
I'm 56 will be celebrating my 57th birthday soon. I've written that here before nah grin grin

Guess I couldn't see it with your big brain the way. Anyway. But seriously tho? You are 56yo?
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Jullima(f): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
pansophist:

Rape is not a culture in Nigeria.
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Jullima(f): 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
@Ariza,

Yes! I am emotional, if you aren’t after seeing Uwa’s pictures online then there’s something seriously broken in you.

If you don’t have anything to say it’s best you stop exposing yourself on the internet. What you just typed even made less sense than before.

You say hashtags and social media isn’t effective yet that’s what got our ineffective police to do their jobs. When there’s a collective outrage it shames the authorities into doing their jobs., even the president got involved.

You seem to be oblivious that we live in a society and the way of life of the people in that society creates their culture. How do we change a culture? How do we change the collective attitude we have towards rape? It’s by these conversations you and I are having and multiple of such conversations around the internet.

Future generations will be products of the culture you and I will create today.

People are acting, nothing like emotions and empathy for your fellow man to spur people into action. Obviously, precautions ONLY are not effective, women have been doing it and STILL do, we haven’t STOPPED!

You prefer to retain the status quo, while some people prefer to change the rape culture, the conversations about rape in Nigeria. SM and its hashtags is the best thing to happen to Nigeria, it gave us a platform to mobilize.

Uwa’s rape story will probably stop trending tomorrow or the day after next but as a society, her story and the conversations that ensued has left its imprint on the consciousness of the people. Tomorrow, it will be another rape story, and another, and another and so it goes little by little, conversation by conversations, it might take years probably generations but people will start to question their attitude towards rape and do better, even the police and our leaders are part of the society, hence aren’t immune to these conversations, we also want them to do better.

Only through agitation and protest has real change be brought upon. “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest”. These protests are for generations yet to be born, we do these so hopefully they meet a much more better society. It’s not a women only fight, it’s a fight for ALL Nigerians. We need to create a better society for the vulnerable; children (boys and girls), old & young, men & women, no gender or age is immune from being a rape victim.

Nigerians should protest more and stop accepting the status quo.

#justiceforuwa

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by EricSmallz(m): 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
Techcrunchng:
Scenario 2: A girl was walking on the street, on her own, maybe around the hour of 8 pm. A guy waylaid her and raped her at the nearest corner.
Both of them has committed rape! But they will not likely get the same sentence if charged for rape.

I think your problem is lack of comprehensive understanding, the guy is trying to let you know that the emboldened has higher punishment than scenerio 1 and 3

there's nowhere he said ladies shouldn't walk around in the night nevertheless, females ought to take precautionary measures wherever necessary because there would always be the evil ones out there.

No man supports a rapist except the person committing that particular raping with the rapist (the co-rapist), OP a simple illustration from another dimension of what your so called "animal contact" ( grin your contact portrays who you are ) and many commentators here are trying to say is that:

1: A driver who don't have a driver's license and ran over and killed an individual on suicidal attempt who happened to intentionally jumped over the moving vehicle.
2: And a driver who purposely ran over and killed an individual just because he/she is provoked or offended.

The driver 1 will receive lighter punishment (maybe some months/years imprisonment with payment for damages) because the driver failed to possess the requisite requirement before driving a vehicle on the road, now you must believe me that the deceased has a share of the punishment indirectly because he/she contributed to the circumstances which led to his/her death, now who received the highest punishment between the driver 1 and the deceased? Of course the deceased because he/she lost his/her life in the process.

Now in the case of driver 2, he/she will receive a maximum punishment perhaps death by hanging or at least life imprisonment; from the look of things it's a win win justice here as there is no other punishment to be given to the driver 2 to exceed the havoc wrecked.

So back to main topic at hand, the above examples are applicable to a rape case. Rape case is judged based on circumstances although every rapist must be punished if found guilty but not on the same scale.

In a case whereby the victim contributed to the circumstances that led to the rape he/she will indirectly receive a punishment in the sense that the offender will surely be released after serving his/her term and rehabilitation meanwhile some rapists will be jailed for life depending on how it happened for example those that committed Uwa menace will never have their lives spared if caught.

So ladies be careful on whatever you do and whoever you mingle with because it's not everyone that's sound upstairs and we know every rapist must be punished if found guilty but my question is, based on the circumstances that led to the rape will the punishment heal the trauma and everything even if it's 10 years imprisonment?
I love your write-ups sir. I hope the OP reads and understand this.

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
Jullima:
@Ari za,

Yes! I am emotional, if you aren’t after seeing Uwa’s pictures online then there’s something seriously broken in you.

If you don’t have anything to say it’s best you stop exposing yourself on the internet. What you just typed even made less sense than before.

You say hashtags and social media isn’t effective yet that’s what got our ineffective police to do their jobs. When there’s a collective outrage it shames the authorities into doing their jobs., even the president got involved.

You seem to be oblivious that we live in a society and the way of life of the people in that society creates their culture. How do we change a culture? How do we change the collective attitude we have towards rape? It’s by these conversations you and I are having and multiple of such conversations around the internet.

Future generations will be products of the culture you and I will create today.

People are acting, nothing like emotions and empathy for your fellow man to spur people into action. Obviously, precautions ONLY are not effective, women have been doing it and STILL do, we haven’t STOPPED!

You prefer to retain the status quo, while some people prefer to change the rape culture, the conversations about rape in Nigeria. SM and its hashtags is the best thing to happen to Nigeria, it gave us a platform to mobilize.

Uwa’s rape story will probably stop trending tomorrow or the day after next but as a society, her story and the conversations that ensued has left its imprint on the consciousness of the people. Tomorrow, it will be another rape story, and another, and another and so it goes little by little, conversation by conversations, it might take years probably generations but people will start to question their attitude towards rape and do better, even the police and our leaders are part of the society, hence aren’t immune to these conversations, we also want them to do better.

Only through agitation and protest has real change be brought upon. “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest”. These protests are for generations yet to be born, we do these so hopefully they meet a much more better society. It’s not a women only fight, it’s a fight for ALL Nigerians. We need to create a better society for the vulnerable; children (boys and girls), old & young, men & women, no gender or age is immune from being a rape victim.

Nigerians should protest more and stop accepting the status quo.

#justiceforuwa
Online Protests? cheesy . Protest offline, agitate offline. Take precautions, fight rape across all genders, protect both male and female child. Train your child male and female well. These and lots more will do us all good. Don't date rapists, don't cover up rapist husbands, Report and follow up, Don't subject rape victim to stigma, don't snitch on them, encourage them to speak up , don't downplay rape by using it as a weapon. That's all I'm saying.No need for bickerings or long Epistles please. Right now Im expecting to see Lagos and other states boiling with peaceful protests from Angry women but no! Nah rape accusations on Twitter and Instagram everywhere. And picture protests too.

Now people are even taking advantage of the online protest to throw accusations all around.

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by themaestro08(m): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ariza:
Another one bursting with emotions! But one question to you Madam how many rape cases hit the internet if it doesn't involve a celebrity, a gruesome murder, a church or anything people want to wail about? How many rapists have gotten true convictions through your so called Nigerian Police Force? Even Uwa's parents were told to pay 'mobility fee' before the case can be pushed. A police officer asked Uwa's father " was his child the first to be raped?" That should show you lots of things which I will point some out for you in case you aren't capable of processing it.
That statement means:

1)To most out there , Rape is just Rape until it becomes Murder, And truly many women have been raped the only reason they aren't making wave is because they weren't killed!

2) Rape cases are reported but dismissed. Even your so called Nigerian force have done a lot of sweeping under carpet and covering up.

3)Out of million of cases only one or two victims get justice, only few get to the internet. Before Ada, Jennifer and Uwa do you know how many others have been raped? How many will make wave that will prompt placards,hastags and ONLINE protests. Actions that died within a week or two. And then we go back to our normal lives until another gruesome one happens again then we come back to Rant.

The reality is, our society, government and Security has failed us, Women should stand up and fight! Protest, Guide yourselves,Speak out . Don't cover up rapists husbands, don't date rapists , stop false rape allegations then we will see way forward! And yes! Pay attention to your male child's sexuality like you do the female. Fight against Rape Across all genders, then we will have saner community.

Act and Stop Ranting! Be Realistic! It's high time Women, Nigerian Women like women of other nations arise and fight this battle and stop waiting on Men to. Move out!

So on point. Your gender folks are inherently hypocritical, rude and uncouth e.g this fool of an OP.

Are you on Twitter?
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by themaestro08(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
Techcrunchng:

This OP lacks the cognitive abilities to engage in an rational and logical discussion like this.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
themaestro08:

So on point. Your gender folks are inherently hypocritical, rude and uncouth e.g this fool of an OP.

Are you on Twitter?
I have a Twitter account I hardly use.

We can be emotional, Yes. But all other things you mentioned aren't gender base.

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by themaestro08(m): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ariza:
I have a Twitter account I hardly use.

We can be emotional, Yes. But all other things you mentioned aren't gender base.

By yeah I know. If you saw the trends on Twitter you would think this people are insane.
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by themaestro08(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Jullima:

I concur it ain't a culture in Nigeria, prove otherwise.
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Jullima(f): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
themaestro08:

I concur it ain't a culture in Nigeria, prove otherwise.
Point to me where I said rape is a culture in Nigeria. Are both of you referring to this phrase “the rape culture in Nigeria” ?

Ayam not understanding

3 Likes

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by 48noble(m): 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
Liposure:

That's what they or whoever should know... If u raped, pls keep d evidence and report to the police within 24hrs
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Techcrunchng(m): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
EricSmallz:

I love your write-ups sir. I hope the OP reads and understand this.
I hope too.

1 Like

Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by Benee1000(m): 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
missimelda01:

I should edit my post and add this for everyone to see.
What are you saying? You blame a girl for walking at night, which mean you blame Uwa for going to read at night. Guy this your illustration no follow at allllll.

I'm dating a guy and he rapes me, I'm supposed to take part of the blame for that too? Are you kidding me right now.. do you have sisters?? Damn.
Jullima I'm done with these guys.

Lol, I knew that guy's response would surely piss you.
He clearly misunderstood your question that he replied, and gave an answer that is offpoint.
But let me try to answer your question about where a rape victim can share the blame of a rape crime.
Do you remember a thread on this same romance section that asked people to share weird things their partners has asked them to do?
If you do, and you read through the pages of that thread, you must've read comments of people whom their partners asked them, and sometimes pleaded, for them to become violent, aggressive before or during sex, and some even said their partners asked them to rape them, because the requesting partner only enjoys violent or rape sex.

Personally, I've come across couples like that and they're happy that way.

But then, when the love goes sour and one of the couple decides to report that the other raped him or her, what do you do?
Do you solely blame the Raper when the said victim requested that him or her be raped?

your honest reply sould answer your question about when a lady can share the blame as a victim of rape.

In the end, there is no moral justification for rape. A rapist rapes because he or she made the choice to rape someone. Rape is a grievous crime irrespective of the circumstances leading to it and the rapist be punished accordingly if proven guilty.
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by KingAzubuike(f): 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
KenBen217:

you are acting like you don't know that women have used rape accusations to threaten and actually end men...this guy is right...you OP you're the animal and the wicked person...ask Cristiano Ronaldo and especially the late Kobe Bryant...Las Las...rape is not good...but only one the grounds that it was rape...dude is right...women can fuccing pretend...there's a school of thought that says apart from gang rape and drug rape..check am...forgerrit...u alone cannot rape a lady...90% u are liable to fail...if she closes her legs...how will u enter ,not saying it doesn't happen...but there's a lot of grey area in rape... accept it...if you like don't...
That's what most people don't even know. It's almost impossible for a single guy to rape a lady. He will most likely fail. The rigor and stress will end up putting him off. Except he threatens you with a weapon or they were numerically much, it's not that easy to rape a lady. Many of them see sex with a little bit of struggle before they spread leg for the guy as rape.
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by boiz2men(m): 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
missimelda01:
First of all, I can't believe I have such an animal on my contact list. How can you hate rape and try to justify it at the same time!!!!
Because you spend change on a girl, you think she deserves to be beaten or even raped??

We need to teach our boys the right thing, we owe it to them.

Say No To RAPE.

Modified
I am not against investigating a rape accusation, I have brothers and I also know how evil some ladies can be. However, in the screenshot below he said
If the girl too was at fault and maybe she wronged the guy, the judge will be more lenient on the guy.. to the people defending him, what does this statement mean? No matter what a lady does, beating her up or raping her shouldn't be an option.

Did you read his submissions?

We know rape is bad.

You don't think the accused deserve a fair hearing?

Is this what you saying?

Cos it seems the guy was trying to make you understand that convictions are made only after fair hearing from both sides but your emotions are interpreting his message as rape apologist....

If your brother was accused of rape, would you judge him without hearing his side of the story?
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by KingAzubuike(f): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
Just avoid any argument concerning rape most especially with a lady. It wouldn't be long before you're used as a scape goat. I made this mistake by trying to elighten people on Twitter but ended up being roasted alive. I even got death threats.

Emotion is very powerful.
Re: How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. by missimelda01(f): 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
boiz2men:

Did you read his submissions?

We know rape is bad.

You don't think the accused deserve a fair hearing?

Is this what you saying?

Cos it seems the guy was trying to make you understand that convictions are made only after fair hearing from both sides but your emotions are interpreting his message as rape apologist....

If your brother was accused of rape, would you judge him without hearing his side of the story?
I indicated clearly in my post that I support rape investigation (which should be a normal procedure in a sane country), however I do not agree that a lady shares in the blame for her own rape, which was what I was trying to point out in the screenshot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I / Woman Removed Her Pant Along D Road Because Of 20k She Wanted To Collect (video) / Enhance Your Sexual Performance With Samsu Oil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.