Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (66893 Views)

MC Oluomo's Twin Children Graduate From University Of Atlanta, Georgia. Photos / Nigerian Twins, Nicole And Niole Graduate From University (Photos) / Adamu Abubakar Rasheed Graduates From University Of Aberdeen UK. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by adetayoonas(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Someone who is not biased should post better drone pictures and not just the biased op.
OP left the good ones and posted the bad ones
UNN has the best quality of education and successful graduates.
Let us forget tribal sentiments. I am a yoruba guy from ogun. I did my first degree in u.i and second degree in UNN.
I must confess UNN quality of education is very sound.
Their library is world class better than any university in Nigeria. Very big structure with standard books.
Research is also key when eating universities.
Even their senior staff club donated by first bank is cool.
A lot of nice buildings like VC building was not snapped
How many universities have a zoo or botanical garden.

Undoubtedly, UNN is still the best university in nigeria.
Better than any other school in nigeria.
I m a Yoruba from south west and I went to so many schools
There is no university better than UNN in Nigeria.
The op is snapping uncompleted buildings to give d school a bad name which is totally out of place cos uncompleted buildings show the school have more space to develop their infrastructure.
There are many beautiful buildings in both Nsukka campus and Enugu campus.
Even the technical education workshops in UNN is far better than most universities' faculty of education workshops combined.
Look at some of the buildings the op showed.
He should have snapped the UNN library very well and give us good pictorial evidence shots. You guys would be amazed the UNN library is one of the best in africa.

About the quality of education and sound lecturers, UNN is the best both at undergraduate and post graduate level.
A lion is always the best and king of the jungle.
Even in the labour market, a UNN graduate is highly respected.
A lot of past and current ministers and big names all graduated from the school.
Even lecturers that were once graduates like Charles Soludo, PN Okeke, Anyakoha and many others.
UNN does the best thesis and research in nigeria.
Truly a UNN graduate is ahead of you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by janedonez(m): 7:58am On Jun 07, 2020
TheRealOghene:
So lately there has been a trend of beautiful drone pictures of different University Campuses. I'm a student of the University of Nigeria and I must admit we have the poorest facilities and infrastructure in Nigeria.

The University of Nigeria was founded in 1960. It is located in Enugu State. The main campus is in Nsukka while it has another Campus in Enugu the state capital.

The pictures I'd Sharing are from both Campuses
Thank you op for This exposure. For that person trying to do a face saving post of UNN, shame on you. That's my alma mater, but I can assure you that each time I visit Nsk, I always weep seeing what is left of the school. Go to the entrance gate by ziks flat, it is riddled with pot holes, not to talk of other dilapidated structures. Apart from Prof. Chinedu Nebo who did his best to upgrade the academic and infrastructure of UNN. Others are not fit to answer VC. Beginning from Bartho Okolo and others I don't even care to know their names.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Mrkcee(m): 7:59am On Jun 07, 2020
adetayoonas:
Someone who is not biased should post better drone pictures and not just the biased op.
OP left the good ones and posted the bad ones
UNN has the best quality of education and successful graduates.
Let us forget tribal sentiments. I am a yoruba guy from ogun. I did my first degree in u.i and second degree in UNN.
I must confess UNN quality of education is very sound.
Their library is world class better than any university in Nigeria. Very big structure with standard books.
Research is also key when eating universities.
Even their senior staff club donated by first bank is cool.
A lot of nice buildings like VC building was not snapped
How many universities have a zoo or botanical garden.

Undoubtedly, UNN is still the best university in nigeria.
Better than any other school in nigeria.
I m a Yoruba from south west and I went to so many schools
There is no university better than UNN in Nigeria.
The op is snapping uncompleted buildings to give d school a bad name which is totally out of place cos uncompleted buildings show the school have more space to develop their infrastructure.
There are many beautiful buildings in both Nsukka campus and Enugu campus.
Even the technical education workshops in UNN is far better than most universities' faculty of education workshops combined.
Look at some of the buildings the op showed.
He should have snapped the UNN library very well and give us good pictorial evidence shots. You guys would be amazed the UNN library is one of the best in africa.

About the quality of education and sound lecturers, UNN is the best both at undergraduate and post graduate level.
A lion is always the best and king of the jungle.
Even in the labour market, a UNN graduate is highly respected.
A lot of past and current ministers and big names all graduated from the school.
Even lecturers that were once graduates like Charles Soludo, PN Okeke, Anyakoha and many others.
UNN does the best thesis and research in nigeria.
Truly a UNN graduate is ahead of you.
Go bless you!
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by janedonez(m): 8:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Pascchal:
5 Carver building (Department of pure and industrial chemistry)
6 Lion science park
7 Quadrangle for the faculty of biological sciences
8 Quadrangle for the faculty of social science
Pasccal. Leave all those efforts you are putting. You are just wasting your time defending what is already bad. Those structures like that zik library and the rest were efforts of Prof Chinedu Nebo as the VC. After him, all others were just occupying seats and eating the resources. I doubt if we are yet to experience leaders who know their salt In all facets of this country. From the north to the west to the east to the south.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by TripleA1: 8:07am On Jun 07, 2020
Simeonjoe1:
Chai even unilorin fine pass this one
But continue op6

Thank sooooo much. I always feel proud to be a lion.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by mosesjida(m): 8:15am On Jun 07, 2020
Let's say the truth
Nigerian universities are all glorified piece of shit
Only the private uni's are trying and they are way below standard when relating it to their homogous fees

1 Like

Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 07, 2020
I've been to the uni and I can confirm that the OP is 100% correct with the pictures. He didn't manufacture them.

Those hostels are breeding grounds for diseases, the toilets are so sick, students go to nearby bushes to answer the call of nature.
And believe it or not, students still pay to occupy those dilapidated hostels you see right there..

Rampant stealing and cultism are a story for another day.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 8:26am On Jun 07, 2020
UwaMmebii:

Go and siddan joor, ur sister is an illiterate and zombie who is not qualified to be called lioness. Tell her to read harder or else she will still be rejected next time.

My sister is in a better school with amenities that beat the rotten facilities in your dungeon school, she is in her 500l and she is doing very well. Least I forget, your entire generation will struggle to gain admission into the university, mark my word. The fact that this place is a faceless forum doesn’t give you the right to talk to people foolishly....
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 8:29am On Jun 07, 2020
blogger10:
I've been to the uni and I can confirm that the OP is 100% correct with the pictures. He didn't manufacture them.

Those hostels are breeding grounds for diseases, the toilets are so sick, students go to nearby bushes to answer the call of nature.
And believe it or not, students still pay to occupy those dilapidated hostels you see right there..

Rampant stealing and cultism are a story for another day.
My younger sister’s friend came back from this school sick after first semester, she complained of bed bugs with wounds on her body , mosquitoes and bad water. How can someone study well while battling his/her health
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Sosaristic4life(m): 8:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Futurejoy:

My sister is in a better school with amenities that beat the rotten facilities in your dungeon school, she is in her 500l and she is doing very well. Least I forget, your entire generation will struggle to gain admission into the university, mark my word. The fact that this place is a faceless forum doesn’t give you the right to talk to people foolishly....

guy what is the name of the school, post it na
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Futurejoy:

My younger sister’s friend came back from this school sick after first semester, she complained of bed bugs with wounds on her body , mosquitoes and bad water. How can someone study well while battling his/her health

Sorry about your sister's friend.. and to think the girls' hostel was many times better than the guys'.

Imagine in a modern era, we still talk about such things as bed bugs, mites infestation (sweetie as they call it), they have it all!

Students would spread their mattresses outside in the sun just before going for lectures in order to drive away bed bugs.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 8:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Fr33born:

Your sister is an Olodo. UNN is not for Olodo like her. Better tell her to pick another school next time
My sister is way more intelligent than your generation put together, she is smarter than all your generation. Just so you know fool, she is almost a graduate of a decent , neat and sensible school ...plus her sanity is still intact. I am not angry with you, I don’t expect much from someone who went to school in a breeding ground for every dirty thing ranging from BED BUGS to CULTISM to BAD TOILET to DIRTY HOSTEL, your sanity will be taken from you of course. You can’t be more than this, just pray you don’t take this dirty behavior outside ,pig. To even think that you are defending your shit hole.....you are one of the problem of this country.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 8:42am On Jun 07, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
You can give yourself hope all you like. Tell your kid sister to read harder next time grin
Lol....she applied for two universities then , she had admission in the second one.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by IncredibleWrite: 8:43am On Jun 07, 2020
timekeeper1:

U want to lie, so if it's not unn, is that Unilag? Rubbish... Dirty mud school
English dey hard you? I said that picture with the way OP presented them doesn't represent UNN in it's totality.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Antichristus: 8:44am On Jun 07, 2020
RTSC:

Shut up.
I know all the argument.

UI was an affiliate of the London university as at 1948.
It was like an outpost of London.
An annex so to speak.
It was not a full fledged autonomous university.

UNN is the first independent university in Nigeria.

The rest of your post makes no meaning to me.

Shut up your dirty mouth and polluted mind. I maintain it’s a simple logic you choose to ignore or comprehend. Your point constitutes logical fallacy which is Non sequitur. I still maintain that UNN is the first indigenous university in Nigeria but not the first university in Nigeria. It’s like the African Church (the first indigenous church in Nigeria) claiming to be the first Church simply because the Roman Catholic Church and the Anglican are outposts of the Churches in Rome and England.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
English dey hard you? I said that picture with the way OP presented them doesn't represent UNN in it's totality.

Those pictures reflect the true state of their male hostels, doesn't that bother you?
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 8:47am On Jun 07, 2020
blogger10:

Sorry about your sister's friend.. and to think the girls' hostel was many times better than the guys'.

Imagine in a modern era, we still talk about such things as bed bugs, mites infestation (sweetie as they call it), they have it all!

Students would spread their mattresses outside in the sun just before going for lectures in order to drive away bed bugs.

And then one foolish person here, stated that my sister is not intelligent that’s why she wasn’t taken. She even scored higher than that her friend that is in UNN but the girl got admitted, my sister got admitted into another school and she is in her finals. Imagine my sister got admission into that school, I won’t doubt that she would change school cos of her health challenge
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2020
Sosaristic4life:

guy what is the name of the school, post it na
I wish Nairaland can create space for people’s age so I won’t bother talking to some lowlife. I can guess you are a stupid teenager that got a phone via his mother’s savings. You are so unworthy of my response.......pheeew!!
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by UwaMmebii(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2020
Futurejoy:

Lol but I didn't quote you top referring to my generation as if you know my family background. Three of my siblings are in covenant University, one is in unilag. I'm the only one that choose UNN because I value sound education to polish facilities. You people will just come here and start typing gibberish just because unn denied you admission nonsense.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Chinomonkey: 8:51am On Jun 07, 2020
darfay:

We are disappointed
Don't be deceived is the same in all federal uni...I have been to UI, uniport, uniben Abu, is same all over..the only difference is that unn came out to say the truth..others are just taking drone shots of which even a village will look fine in the sky
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by IncredibleWrite: 8:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Futurejoy:

Lol....she applied for two universities then , she had admission in the second one.
Lol good for her. But if I was to make a choice again, I would still choose UNN.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 8:57am On Jun 07, 2020
UwaMmebii:

Lol but I didn't quote you top referring to my generation as if you know my family background. Three of my siblings are in covenant University, one is in unilag. I'm the only one that choose UNN because I value sound education to polish facilities. You people will just come here and start typing gibberish just because unn denied you admission nonsense.
When you finish your studies there, make sure you go to a private owned rehab to rid you of those dirty habits and lifestyle you accumulated from that shithole. I don’t care about your family background, you don’t disrespect my blood and expect me to take it kindly with you. Mind you, people in private universities are not quick to shout it out to the public cos we all know they have no strong educational background. I guess JAMB gave them no choice grin
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Ajibel(m): 8:57am On Jun 07, 2020
Aphrygian:
oga someone posted another sets of pics and they are still far behind something you can tag 'good side'

Everybody has their own yardstick for measuring what is good. Besides a good camera can do wonders and make these pictures very pretty, I can tell you for a fact because some of my course mates do take pictures of the school environment from insane angles that leaves you wondering if it is not the same UNN you're in.

Bu if I really want to see good structures of schools in the real sense of it, I'd be on google images instead gawking at pictures of Harvard Uni.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by IncredibleWrite: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2020
blogger10:

Those pictures reflect the true state of their male hostels, doesn't that bother you?
The hostels are actually undergoing rehabilitation and new ones are being built. If Ariel pictures of UNN is taken just like other varsities, it would be superb and create room for proper comparisons.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Buffalo2(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2020
Poor landscaping
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
Lol good for her. But if I was to make a choice again, I would still choose UNN.
I understand, there are people who will still choose poverty over riches because they feel poverty will make them humble. grin
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by noah91(m): 9:04am On Jun 07, 2020
I must say, I am highly disappointed with what I saw here. UNN is really a good school but in terms of beauty in comparison with its fellow first generation schools like UI, OAU, Unilag and ABU, it is lagging far behind. I used to think UNN is more beautiful than this
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
The hostels are actually undergoing rehabilitation and new ones are being built. If Ariel pictures of UNN is taken just like other varsities, it would be superb and create room for proper comparisons.

Left there a little over a year ago and if @ bolded is the current situation now, then that would really be fair on the students who pay over a 100k in school fees!
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by IncredibleWrite: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2020
darfay:

If you school in that Dustbin, you can't be ahead of others. Even Lasu better pass for infrastructure
Name your eldorado of a school let's compare and contrast
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Mires: 9:08am On Jun 07, 2020
Asadujames202:

Fg is purposefully starving them of funds, cus it's located in southeast

It's not so difficult to understand

Please don't say this. I am a lion by training. Not until I went to test another round of academic exploits at the premier University - Ui, I didn't understand what maintenance culture is looking at dilapidated buildings in UNN.

I was forced to leave Franco Republic after my first year to off camp residence. If the truth must be told, UNN VCs have raped the institution beyond repairs.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Futurejoy(f): 9:09am On Jun 07, 2020
Chinomonkey:

Don't be deceived is the same in all federal uni...I have been to UI, uniport, uniben Abu, is same all over..the only difference is that unn came out to say the truth..others are just taking drone shots of which even a village will look fine in the sky
Please with due respect, I went to a federal university and I stayed in the hostel for 5 years , I had access to the facilities very well and I can tell you that even the oldest hostel in my school is very conducive for nature’s call and other buildings and environment are kept clean everyday.They mow the lawn every 4weeks, If you mess up the toilet or the environment, you get penalized when caught cos there are people put in place to ensure that things are in place.
Re: Pictures From University Of Nigeria, Nsukka by Mires: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2020
TimeTraveller:

Common fucck off!!! I knew someone was going to play the victims card soon. Check NUC for uni funding.
Your people steal money, but you constantly blame the centre. Una no get shame? Tueh!

UNN is one of the highest funded Universities in Nigeria. I am a product of UNN. I will say it authoritatively, VCs have raped the institution. The only good thing I can say of UNN when I passed through it is academic standard. For now, I don't know if it has not been watered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

We Were Abandoned In Cyprus & Dropped Out Of School - Dancing Security Guards / University Of Ibadan Ranks 978 In Top World Universities Ranking By Times Higher / Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.