Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (49900 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by EarthFireH2o(m): 2:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Makes me remember some years back, during my I T period, couldn't go to office cause I wasn't boxed up, had to stay home, man was literally drinking Lipton for 2 weeks straight, I had a new pack of Lipton then, used the last money on me to get sugar, I'll literally wake up, boil water and continue sipping my Lipton like it was no man's business, Morning, afternoon and night or whenever I felt hungry,
Lipton was like my life saver then,

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by 2cul2care: 2:52am On Jun 05, 2020
Kai the good old days, i remember wen i dey school, at the end of the semester no food, oboy when hunger waya man pikin me with my roomies dem go turn to food scientist.

i remember 1 time way food no dey, n i get only 100naira last card, gas sef don finish, na im i go buy 50 naira coaster biscuit, look my cupboard i see say i still get small custard, prepare d custard with hot plate, na coaster and custard combination i chop dat day.

But my own still beta, my friend wen hunger waya am for school no money, no gas, nothing nothing, na im e put beans inside electric kettle, dey use electric kettle boil beans but that is not the funny part ooo, na the water of the beans my guy use as soup take chop eba.

men good old days, na girls bin they help our ministry those days, no matter how tins dry reach, girls dey always get food stuff sha

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by placeofallure(f): 3:17am On Jun 05, 2020
Maybe 100 level when I haven't understood the terrain very well. I remember I had to take only garri and milk for a whole week. Then, I lived alone. I had people I could ask for help but I really don't like doing that so I drank my garri morning, afternoon, night , 7 days with joy.
From my year 2 no more dull moments o! Those students who attend school at home and don't have to travel several miles, you don't know what you've got!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Thurmieee: 6:19am On Jun 05, 2020
when I was in 100L I n my roommate don reach end of the road. hunger don wire us so tey. we were just looking at each other.naso I go carry Bible dey read. my roommate begin dey laugh me say I dey give myself spiritual food. Kai hunger bad. Thank God I've graduated now.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by zexy2030(m): 6:25am On Jun 05, 2020
eating bitter leaf for seven days raw

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Coldie(m): 6:30am On Jun 05, 2020
I drank garri for 1week straight during my nysc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nyamve1: 6:42am On Jun 05, 2020
I drank garri (morning, afternoon and night) through out a month when i was in pastoral school. I slept in the church for more than 2years, the worst part was that their was no one to share my predicaments with, since my parents left me (died) at the age of 10. What about the nights that their won't be garri at all, yet God is wonderful, He kept showing me hw great i'll be over time. I thank God for life

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 05, 2020
In my 1st semester nd1

Hunger really dealt with me.. not because my parents don't send me money, but because I didn't manage the money well

Towards the end of the semester, I remember drinking garri 3 days straight..

Just because I failed to tell my parents i was broke..

But dats passed now.. I'm in nd2 currently.. such mistakes can never happen again.. haahaha

21 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Olamilekxy(m): 7:08am On Jun 05, 2020
when I was in a 100level i brought a lot of food stuff to school, so I used to cook for others guy in my hostel from my foodstuff, within a month all the food finished included my gas, I thought the guys in my hostel will help but they didn't even look my side again, and I always saw them going to iya basira to buy food while I don't have any money with me, mehn hunger wire me that time no be small, since then i don get brain ooo.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Philip4564(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2020
In my 100l first semester the kind hunger wey catch me no be small thing.I drank garri 3x in a day for 1 week.I fit urinate like 10x in a day my urine no even yellow again e go just be like water..hunger na bad thing.

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nicklaus619(m): 7:35am On Jun 05, 2020
It was my second semester 200l that year, I had only little cash that will take me home after the exams and I have exhausted my food stuff, my roommate isn't helping matters as that guy can eat any thing eatable and un eatable grin, he wakes up to eat in the middle of the night even after eating night food :I
I was scared, he finished all food on sight, and we were left with indomie and pepper, our gas cylinder had no gas in it, Nepa has become unfortunate and refuse to let the light be stable, that was how we were eating the indomie raw like that, and sometimes while going to school in the morning, we will put water in a deep stainless plate and leave it in the sun, so each time we come back from lectures, we will put like 4 indomie inside and allow it to soften then add the indomie ingredient and eat grin

We did that for 1 month straight grin

64 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Drank only garri with agege bread

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2020
Obafemi Awolowo Pedigree Days.
Prolly because I haven't entered school yet, mainly the reason I was being treated unjustly from home cause I legit wasn't getting good financial help.
I could remember feeding on the only I had let from home for a full week.
CORNFLAKES
I ate for a whole week. Morning ND night with well water I had to allow to settle.
That week was accompanied with anger ND sadness towards everything.
Till today. I hate cornflakes with passion. I too eat am.

One kin hunger do me when I dey part 4. Can't remember what happened but I legit remember not having money ND not going to have in 3 weeks ahead.
I legit sent my papa ND momma message say boy dey depressed ND life don tire me. E reach one level. I dey manage words. I nofit overtalk make remaining strength for body no leave me. Shit, I no shit fr 4 days. Them think say na about results. Me wey my intestines dey protest dey burn tyres ,dey carry plankcards unto say the hunger don dey affect reasoning.
grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Yxxx: 8:10am On Jun 05, 2020
200L
Ate bread and beans by 12pm
Sustained me till 8pm when I will eat the moimoi I bought in the morning.
I do not use the rest room early to avoid feeling empty. undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Olatara(f): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2020
WordsWriter:
Lol.

I've done lots of things oh.

Weirdest food I've eaten to survive: Garri 3x for 1 week. I've also used palm oil, salt and fresh pepper as soup to eat eba.

Weird job I've done for money: Conductor, Laybuke(Serving a brick layer). Funny enough did all this when I was below 16.

Stupid 'est' decision I've made to survive: Beg online for money, happened in 2017 when I was in 200L. I still regret it whenever I think of it.

Worse thing I've done to survive: Skip one semester of school to go learn Yahoo. LOL. Stupid young Me grin, abandoning a 4.51cgpa to go learn fraud.

That's all I think!

Did yahoo pay? No

Do I have regrets? Yes!

Did I survive? Yes!

Did life get better? 1000×

Will I do them again? Yes!

Survival is a must!
Lol
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Brytesp(m): 8:27am On Jun 05, 2020
When d lockdown was at its peak....

Sold my 7year old Facebook acc for 500#

Coster biscuit 50# mornin
Garri was expensive so na 50# coster biscuits and Beloxi cream crackers.. dey hold my belle with water.... for about a month till I got my salary... thank God for that experience

35 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 8:35am On Jun 05, 2020
Freestainworld:
was coming back to school at Ebonyi state, got to Enugu, it became very late, no bus to take us to Iza our destination, I and my friend went to the police station to sleep till early morning, the police men ask us if there station was a hotel, finally they asked us to pay for the night like 10k each, I left there with my friend, saw some ladies who were go for a vigil in the church, we joined them pretending that we where looking for there church, guess what guys, when we got there and the prayers was going on, we where busy snoring on a bench in the church, immediately it became around 4an in the morning, we sneaked out of the church to catch the first bus, it was funny though but I never forget the experience.
God must always make way for him children cool

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2020
EarthFireH2o:
Makes me remember some years back, during my I T period, couldn't go to office cause I wasn't boxed up, had to stay home, man was literally drinking Lipton for 2 weeks straight, I had a new pack of Lipton then, used the last money on me to get sugar, I'll literally wake up, boil water and continue sipping my Lipton like it was no man's business, Morning, afternoon and night or whenever I felt hungry,
Lipton was like my life saver then,
Lord have mercy! Naija we strong abeg. If u survive this country, you can survive any shi*t anywhere

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Stevyne: 8:54am On Jun 05, 2020
During my ND days at Yabatech,
I and my Roomies broke like weyre, Garri was our saving grace then.
We smoke garri for days, with toilet water (Omi struggle)

Mehn... Thank God for life.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Jaybnjamin(m): 8:57am On Jun 05, 2020
Some of us " are even enjoying this life without knowing " reading all the above stories without having to pass through them while in school, though things were not all rosy but at least not like some of what most guys here experienced, more reasons to give thanks.
Was even thinking I didn't ball while at school
Now I know I did.
Passing through school in Nija is one experience worth having, surviving that shit can make you survive anywhere.
Nice thread

28 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Kenneygirl(f): 9:01am On Jun 05, 2020
Almost ate bread that rat has eaten,
was terrible.
Still on survival spree and praying God makes a way soon.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by daben1(m): 9:16am On Jun 05, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
I trekked about 12 Miles to get some money from my benefactor.
bro, you know wetin be "miles" so?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by 3phase(m): 9:28am On Jun 05, 2020
During my early days in S/A, had to steal a loaf of bread to survive the day. Gone are those days sha, GOD don change my story. And after 4 years, i paid bk the mama i stole from

33 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by JasperVII(m): 9:42am On Jun 05, 2020
So it was 9th(Tuesday) of January early this year, the landlord of the hostel where I stayed came one night asking for rent and of all the rooms in the hostel he locked mine with everything inside that night and left with the keys. I had to go back to the compound where I stayed before moving to the hostel (the room I had there still had some months left on the rent but I moved cos of some issues). The next three days I didn't go to class, soaked garri throughout except two times that I ate with some friends. I later paid half the rent and the room was opened on Saturday. I later found out through my brother who put me in his room in the hostel that it was because he had an issue with the landlord that made him lock only my room that night

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Imhooded: 9:55am On Jun 05, 2020
it was during school days, then I used to have my girlfriend stay over at my place but this particular weekend before she travelled she sorted me with 10k because she knows I won't find it easy cooking, omo naso I enter bet9ja the evening wey she travel,virtual collect all the money and was left with nothing.i went back home and search the whole kitchen, only semovita dey house without no soup,I had to improvise naso I put palm oil for fire then allow it to cool,I ate this food throughout the weekend..

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by TheGreatIYANU: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2020
3phase:
During my early days in S/A, had to steal a loaf of bread to survive the day. Gone are those days sha, GOD don change my story. And after 4 years, i paid bk the mama i stole from

Chai! You go juz come one day, dash mama 20K. She go kneel down dey thank God... not knowing na her money wey you 'save' for her.

CHAI!

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Fidelismaria: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2020

someone should quote me when this gets to FP

So we're now on FP

the weirdest thing I did to survive was during one of the school breaks

everyone travelled home but I didn't

then on one unfortunate day the money I was expecting to fill gas and buy foodstuffs didn't come through

so I did what anyone would have done

I had just one spag left with no means to cook it and I couldnt borrow gas from anyone cause I was the only one around in my lodge

so I soaked the spag in a pot of water for one hour, after one hour I poured out the water, then added salt, maggi, and red oil then placed it under sun to warm it for me

Men

It was the most crappy horse shit I ever ate in my existence

I can still recall the awful taste at the back of my tongue

cry

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Ghost23(m): 10:03am On Jun 05, 2020
mine was when I was in final year in university, my babymama and I ate indomie that is pepperish with hot water because we use well water in my school and it was raining season, the well water is very dirty that I need to boil it before eating..
thanks to her then but she later left us alone (my daughter and I)..☹️

thanks to God for his grace always

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by 3phase(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2020
TheGreatIYANU:

Chai! You go juz come one day, dash mama 20K. She go kneel down dey thank God... not knowing na her money wey you 'save' for her.

CHAI!
Abi na. But truthfully, i no fit 4get dose rough days 4 Cape Town. Sufferness no good my broda. To all strugglers, may ur payday arrive soon

28 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by davidbanner(m): 10:13am On Jun 05, 2020
Things I did to survive ehn, especially when I was in Uni.. No be wasa o..
gas marketer for more than 3 gas outlets (don't let the 'marketer' deceive you o) , to house agent, to serving food; Manning drink at parties... helping people sell their used items, ...worked in a bar, ......
slept in lecture theaters wen I couldn't meet up with my rent ( virtually lost all my properties to rain)..

Worked in a pure water factory..

How many I wan count

Till are getting better. But I'm not where my goal lies yet

33 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 05, 2020
Chai,first semester of 100l was terrible
Hunger wire me no be play
I don drink garri without sugar for days,imagine drinking garri without sugar and u no get idea of wetin u go chop next
I don mix beans soup,with raw garri,chop am one night like dat
I get running stomach d next day,i dy shit like say na piss i dy piss
Kerosene no dy to do eba
I don stand up from my house around some mins after 10pm,go beg one of my female coursemate if she get food wey she chop remain,hunger want kill me dat day
I don beg niggas for like 200naira make i use chop,i use dat moni survive for like 3 days
At times self even to waka na problem,i go dy waka,movement no stable,eye dy spin
I lost alot of weight in my 100l first semester

And i tall,so it was really obvious dat am losing weight
One of my female course mate don ever buy me bread and coke one night,after i tell her say i never chop since morning.She saved a soul
I no fit blame my parents,cos i know say if dem get,dem no go leave me like dat
I no fit tell dem situation of things, make my mumsy no go get sickness cos of thinking,e no dy hard her think
But one thing i know be say,na time
Very soon,all dis hard times go become story
Though i dy my 200l now sha

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by jieta: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2020
I still remember when i trek from agbor park to technical junction to and fro all in the name of looking for work.

Human being suffer for Benin sha.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Big Python We Caught Alive In North-East / A Priest Came Out From The Ghastly Car Accident Without Any Injury. Photos / Police Officer Urinates, Breaks Own Order (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.