Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (50019 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Jolson: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
DEADALIVE:
Surviving corona virus now....loss of taste and smell for like two weeks....happy after self isolation recovering back....but its not easy...stay safe everyone as we struggle to meet our daily needs. Thank God for life.

Hello, were you infected with Corona before?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Guys my own tori different there is this I am just dating of recently, my work dey far so I no dey cum house everyday atime I fit cum every two or three day so each time I cum around this go call me weds I dey around say she dey miss me so anytime I dey around she go say mak I show n each time I show this girl go tempt me till I go lash her puna so e get 1 day wey she dey du her menstruation so I no even know I show as normal way so as I dey close to her discuss I don ready dey perceive smell of blood so I mute before u know dis girl don tempt me again inspite she cum dey tell me she dey ON $ she still wan mak I du bt mak I no lie konji na bastard I pull out poron wear am rubber I du BT after my eye clear I cum hate myself n even d smell of d blood so I live that night so the next following day night na so d bae call me again to cum again na so I kip telling her I dey cum till she call me reach 20missed call dat night till today I no dey reach d girl side...... Please hope no backslide with wetin I du during her menstral
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Raustin(m): 3:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nickieviva(f): 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Soup beans and Eba was a normal delicacy.
Egusi soup without fish / meat was a good soup then.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by monaPhilz: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Freestainworld:
was coming back to school at Ebonyi state, got to Enugu, it became very late, no bus to take us to Iza our destination, I and my friend went to the police station to sleep till early morning, the police men ask us if there station was a hotel, finally they asked us to pay for the night like 10k each, I left there with my friend, saw some ladies who were go for a vigil in the church, we joined them pretending that we where looking for there church, guess what guys, when we got there and the prayers was going on, we where busy snoring on a bench in the church, immediately it became around 4an in the morning, we sneaked out of the church to catch the first bus, it was funny though but I never forget the experience.
Foolish policemen
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Capernum: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
I was terribly hungry, no cash, no stove to cook, no ingredients, just a few cups of rice. I had to chew raw grains of rice. Yes, I chewed them raw.

Had to trek from outskirt of Akure town, along Indanre road to my house close to OSRC, at Orita Obele, you can't relate unless you know Akure. Very far distance, no transport fare and I cannot beg for money. Got home with very tired and shaky legs.

Had to trek from Oba Ile, Airport road to my house at Orita Obele (you can relate only if you know Akure) just to collect a bunch of unripe plantain, nothing at home to feed my self and my siblings. I was hoping to get food stuffs from a senior departmental mate who graduated a year before me from FUTA. All I got was a bunch of unripe plantain and I was too shy to ask for transport fare. I trekked for several hours.

Lastly, I had walked out of my house and roam the street looking for lost money and hoping I will find one, at least fifty naira to buy Gari and kuli for myself and my siblings. The hunger was terrible.

Very terrible experiences I will always remember.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Reex12(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
garri with salt

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by snoopz: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
in my final year, I was almost done with my project and also running out of Cash, instead of calling home to send money, I decided to see how working for money looks like since everything about uni na book no serious entrepreneurship...
naso I go carry block for one new hostel wey Dem dey build 20naira per block ,I just carry 50 collect 500naira omo I runaway o
damn I almost die wen I reach house...

den I started thanking God and my parents for sending me to the university

na item7 that 500naira follow go o

today na diff story

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Membis333: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Drinking three jugs full of water at go for some amount
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by AdemolaA2: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Slept in my car all night when it broke down somewhere at Anthony cos car couldn’t be driven out of
Where it was and also couldn’t leave it to go sleep at a hotel . Mosquitoes dealt with me so badly and it even rained all through the night . It was just a terrible experience for me .

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Maj196(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Is plenty but we thank God
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mine was eating d only indomie I had left raw with garri and cornflakes zi mixed d garri with d corn flakes cos d garriband corn flakes was little after dat I cried myself to sleep...that was 100L second semester

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by SUMCIOUZ(m): 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?

I was in 300l broke and hungry. I used olive oil to fry pepper for concoction rice. It ended in tears. I used the toilet 11 times that day

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Jolson: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
Brothers and sisters, the journey of life for me to still be alive today is an untold one. Let me not even begin to start cos it will end in tears. I've been through a lot in this life.

Please just for me and my people to continue to survive especially this period, help us with anything. Thank you.

UBA
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
My boarding school people will understand the meaning of “Feshelu”. That was the original survival food back then.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Chris2863(m): 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
ok mine was that I do pray to God not to put me in an unbearable condition cry
You should have just relaxed and read comments unless you don't understand the meaning of "weirdest"
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by joefengzy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=umtitibaba post=90319853]In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u
Terrible experiences
Out God is always great
I do a guinea conakry passport and serrialone same with Liberia passport
Contact my of you're interest to have a guinea conakry passport or serrialone or Liberia passport
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by tydi(m): 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
One night I was so thirsty, couldn't buy water till night falls cus I was so koboless, I had to keep swallowing my Saliva all through the night to survive till the next day evening before I gathered strength after I had received an alert to go get water and food before death visits me. Life can be funny sometimes.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by dantajay: 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
In my 200L we get no soup so we decided to by ewa beans that has much water in it then we had elibor black Amala, na the ewa beans we take arrange Amala that nite. Guess what it was like gbegiri soup.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
Currently going through a bad patch and I hope to pull through IJN..

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Was so hungry during my waec in 2007 cause I was living alone far from parents.
With zero kobo and no food

Heard of a roof job, we had to paint the wood on the roof with condem oil and get 1k at the end of the day
The roof was high and it had rained making it slippery and dangerous
But had no option cause I needed the cash to buy fufu and stuff to do kroos that evening
All my friends stepped back, I climbed way up and did it
Next day I went back for a cement job at same site
Got 2k
Bought food stuff for a week plus till help later came cool

I was below 18

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by rachels: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
I have to stand under the sun and rain to sell recharge card in other to go to school,but today i bless baba God.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by whytepawn1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
Alitair:
The things I've done to survive.

They are too many to count. Some of which I will definitely take to my grave.

I practically survived through street.

Street is military but it will never let you die.
Street could be savage too... people die on the streets on a daily!

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Annonymox: 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
Took yellow garri with well water in ekiti, oseikita. 2012....i can never forget

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Israelinno: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
It wasn't easy , i was broke so i drank garri for for 2days oh...morning and night morning and night ...that was my year two in unizik.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Sirmikky1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Soaked beans to rise before cooking...mumu me and my cousin.

When we finished the beans and had NO OTHER HOPE, we went to Fanawole around Apete market in Ibadan, in our senegal cloth to beg for money.

Chaaaaaiiii! It was hell

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by eahmed(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
the weiredest thing i have done to survive was in school toward during 1st semester exam in Nd2 me and my friend was broke we use our last money to prepare tuwo masara (amala made from corn) we eat it for the for 1 week and our exam was remaining when it finished so we have to cook the shaff we are suppose to trow away with cold water the thing refuse to do well we come they drink am like garri for two days

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by joefengzy(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Jolson post=90341127]

Hello, were you infected with Corona before? [/quote
How can you asked such question haba
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by kingcalipha(m): 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
During my NYSC at a community across water in Bayelsa state Agrisaba.
It was really a jungle, even if you have money you can barely see anything to buy. And if you ever run out of cash, you are in deep shit.
There came a time I and my two colleagues ran out of food stuff and cash. We entered the jungle and harvested premature banana, boiled it and ate with oil for about three days. Our pot was stained purple cos of the toxins from the premature banana.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Jolson: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=joefengzy post=90341848][/quote]

But he said he recovered from Corona Virus.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Philip4564(m): 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
dantajay:
In my 200L we get no soup so we decided to by ewa beans that has much water in it then we had elibor black Amala, na the ewa beans we take arrange Amala that nite. Guess what it was like gbegiri soup.
bros i almost die of laughter with this your story grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
Am coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight / Who Contributes More To The Society: Doctors Or Teachers??? / Nairaland Is Back!!!