Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (50015 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by SimeonOTC(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
jericco1:
My brother I drank yellow garri without salt or sugar for four consecutive days. School life na wa oh

There was this time when we were battling water scarcity, I used the last water I had to wash the last yam I had, used the water I used in washing the yam to cook the yam and also the water for cooking the yam for washing the plates.. I cannot forget that experience angry

Don't be broke please cheesy

ahahahahahahahahahahahah.....this guy don kill meeeeegrin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ugolinze123(m): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Bros I had to trek from ikeja opay office to ayobo I swear...was sweating my boxers and my leg hurts God...and worst part be say I no pass the test.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Mbbscentric(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
Few weeks back, I school in Ilorin, reside in Benin but when the pandemic started, I got stuck in Ogbomoso.I was really sick, it grew worse that I had to visit the primary health center. They wrote drugs for me and gave me some. I borrow money from a friend and got the drug. Around 10 PM, I then noticed I had nothing to take the drugs with, I encouraged myself that it is almost dawn that I would be fine. Took the heap of drugs, slept for like 30 minutes. I cried the whole night, I then concluded that if I did not die that night, I would not die again. I almost died.

Secondly, It was during Jamb period, I was already a student of the University of Ilorin. While I was tracking to Oke-Odo around 7:45 Am that morning, I met a lady crying, she had exam that morning but no one knew the centre, Diamond CBT centre. I wrote a exam there few years before, we took cab to Tanke Junction, then to Offa garage and then to the CBT centre. As she sighted the Centre she alighted without asking me how I will get home. That's how I trecked from Asa Dam - Oke-Odo.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Bapy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?
I locked key inside the car while it's still on mehn I hear am plus fuel dey go

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by SimeonOTC(m): 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
daddy001:
A friend was so broke,he ate garri (eba) with raw tin tomatoes .Later in the day he started vomiting and was rushed to the hospital, on getting there the first thing the doctor asked was what he ate ,my friend replied and told him he ate idomie and chicken.We laughed and people around wondered why we could laugh at that critical time

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha......my belle oooohhh...una no go use laugh kill me here ooohh...chaaiiiii.....grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by sunkieisland(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
I entered Lagos late one night and I couldn't go to where I normally bunk because its an estate and the security men at gate had been changed so they didn't know me anymore. I had flat battery so I couldn't call my people. I had to look for an hotel around but all the hotels I could afford had been overbooked.

Omo that night i had to stay with some Abokis at Iyana Ipaja.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Fenji: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
I hope none of us will ever find ourselves in situations where we need to survive

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Zyzxx10: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Omo the matter plenty enu mi ko le so tan(My mouth cannot say it all).I remember during my advanced levels programme in Ilorin.During the time of Ramadan.There was one of my hostel mates who had an uncle who was sharing food for Muslims after fast everyday.Omo due to the red levels everywhere me and some guys All of us were christians follow join 6:30 We would all join body for our daily meal.Something they called for only Muslims would see christians, Muslims and even none of the above come together to eat.They was even a time the man in charge was tired of telling christians to go he just said we should allow the Muslims to eat first.There was even a time earlier sef that I had to learn Arabic verses and form a Muslim name in case they started investigating for Muslims.But the food sweet Sha.God please forgive me.Ilorin I would never forget you.

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Saynotoapc(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
micah1122:
Chai,first semester of 100l was terrible
Hunger wire me no be play
I don drink garri without sugar for days,imagine drinking garri without sugar and u no get idea of wetin u go chop next
I don mix beans soup,with raw garri,chop am one night like dat
I get running stomach d next day,i dy shit like say na piss i dy piss
Kerosene no dy to do eba
I don stand up from my house around some mins after 10pm,go beg one of my female coursemate if she get food wey she chop remain,hunger want kill me dat day
I don beg niggas for like 200naira make i use chop,i use dat moni survive for like 3 days
At times self even to waka na problem,i go dy waka,movement no stable,eye dy spin
I lost alot of weight in my 100l first semester

And i tall,so it was really obvious dat am losing weight
One of my female course mate don ever buy me bread and coke one night,after i tell her say i never chop since morning.She saved a soul
I no fit blame my parents,cos i know say if dem get,dem no go leave me like dat
I no fit tell dem situation of things, make my mumsy no go get sickness cos of thinking,e no dy hard her think
But one thing i know be say,na time
Very soon,all dis hard times go become story
Though i dy my 200l now sha

Bro you get long way to go 200l

Had same experience I did prescience (predegree) the hunger mad, during those time we lived on pear (UBE )..
100l everywhere soft. Collected times 2 of my tuition fee house rent so man was living lavida local. 200l matter change first semester it was that bad I had to depend on the food stuff momcy gave me, second semester matter change no food stuff I also didn't not visit home throughout I was part of the student that stay back after exam. I took cheap pills just to lock up stomach bro for one week I was on cheap pills.
E no easy. Untill story change finally, I used my 300l tuition fee open Cyber cafe inside school, man started living lavida local back.

School life for Naija no easy..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by shegzydave(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
During my 300 levels days, I was surviving on only water borehole water ooooo for complete 3 days
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by sheyitokz(m): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
my geez NA LASPOTECH LIFE MAKE ME CHOP EBA AND OKRA WITH NO SALT JUST 1CUBE OF MAGGI CHICKEN FLAVOUR NO PALM OIL
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by stubbornman(m): 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
I ate groundnut and fufu at 2am during my 200lvl in school... there was no soup and i just bought that fufu so that i could look for someones house to eat soup with it buy unfortunately i couldnt find anyone who even cooked.... i woke up by 2am and felt like a hungry demon i had to unwrap the fufu and use the groundnut to eat it.... it was a terrible night for me... i just wanted to survive undecided undecided cry

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by smadav(m): 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Omo men life na stages oh, I fit remember for my year one that year for moua, one evening hunger don finish me no hope of eating, I treak from ibb hostel to chinua Achebe hall looking for lost money I will pick from the ground, as Good will have it I found #200 it was like a miracle, I survived that night with the money. Na one of the reason I believe say God is real.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by darfay: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?

Why didn't you just drink garri? Stupidity was doing you
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Offpoint:
Ate fufu with the aroma of my neighbors soup for complete 3 days.
chai this your matter strong o
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by SimeonOTC(m): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
ORLAHOLUWA:
Guys my own tori different there is this I am just dating of recently, my work dey far so I no dey cum house everyday atime I fit cum every two or three day so each time I cum around this go call me weds I dey around say she dey miss me so anytime I dey around she go say mak I show n each time I show this girl go tempt me till I go lash her puna so e get 1 day wey she dey du her menstruation so I no even know I show as normal way so as I dey close to her discuss I don ready dey perceive smell of blood so I mute before u know dis girl don tempt me again inspite she cum dey tell me she dey ON $ she still wan mak I du bt mak I no lie konji na bastard I pull out poron wear am rubber I du BT after my eye clear I cum hate myself n even d smell of d blood so I live that night so the next following day night na so d bae call me again to cum again na so I kip telling her I dey cum till she call me reach 20missed call dat night till today I no dey reach d girl side...... Please hope no backslide with wetin I du during her menstral

this na the worst thing i can ever think of..menhh...i hate my self that day..up till this day, i still dey regret am..very bad, to lash my ex on period..
i curse that night with anger.
i no even do finish, as i slot in, i ask her if e dey pain, the mumu dey shine teeth dey tell me no..i so i pull out, clean body go sleep... very irritating..day break, i just come they avoid her...
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by gwininfo(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
Gosh my story is not funny at all
Uniben days, I virtually survived on garri for a whole month...Garri and well water
2k allowance with foodstuffs for a semester
stupid me would hustle and pay rent when school fees wasnt paid, I just couldn't wise up, I could have squatted with friends, guess I wansnt prepared for the hard life.
I virtually didn't pay school fees from year one to finals and when I finally paid I had two carryovers with lots of c's graduated with a 2:2
wrote exams for people and they graduated well with strong 2:1.
I remember when I went without food for a week just caught some snails in a nearby bush and fried two each day for a week with olive oil. God would bless the girls that God used to feed me those years. indeed there are still angelic like girls.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by rolexino(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
Soaked garri with fresh pepper, do bricklayer job, carry hardcore stones at a new site, tap palm wine & rubber....The list much!!!

In all, Thank God.

we are still alive today.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by OKTolu: 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Garrium has been saving life since time immemorial... if you know you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by DEADALIVE: 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Jolson:

Hello, were you infected with Corona before?
my wiredest thing to survive is now....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Maziaugment(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
During my diploma days as a law student in Unizik, I always visit the faculty canteen pretending to read just to share my coursemates food with them. Did it for almost a week or after lectures each day, I will wait till 5-6pm to trek home because i was damn broke then that I can't afford 30# transport. When popsi finally send money I still begged Keke man for a free ride to bank. But now I laugh over everything..

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by joefengzy(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Jolson:

But he said he recovered from Corona Virus.
Coro is never our thing
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ODJ124(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
lemme sit and read comments..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by sageer1706(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
I woke that faithful morning with no money but garri dey sha and I get one small grinded ogbono, red oil dey. Naso I on stove just cook ogbono with salt and red oil and make eba follow am. Naso I begin swallow the eba dey close eye join

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by juggernaut35(m): 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
Back then in my first year,towards the exam period, I was so broke I'd wait until 7pm to eat my breakfast, lunch and dinner altogether. I still smile each time I remember that experience. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nobisgod: 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
gather here if you have eaten garri with egg soup just to survive.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by sarmuel97(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
grin,it was second semester year 2,i was really really hungry,no money,no food,was just thinking of what to do,naso i went to my coursemate room to look for food cus he always cooking better food,on getting there he was so broke to that he has not eating since morning,i was like mogbe o grin but thank God it was saturday so we plan looking for wedding event inside school naso we saw one,we were so happy ehn grin but the worst part was that no more food again cry,we begged them to give us anything they have,they just said there is soup oo but no swallow,i was like what the Bleep is happening na naso we collected it like that carried am go hostel.
When we got to the hostel we started knocking into everyone rooms to give us garri,we shall gather like 1congo,naso i chop eba with soup that day oo grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Igbojihadist: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Stevyne:
During my ND days at Yabatech, I and my Roomies broke like weyre, Garri was our saving grace then. We smoke garri for days, with toilet water (Omi struggle)
Mehn... Thank God for life.
explain beta
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Veezybaba: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Oju ti ri o(man pikin eyes don see a lot), but e get one yoruba proverb wey dey always keep me afloat "bi a o ku ise o tan" (as long as we're not dead then nothing is stopping us from hustling).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba / See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight / Who Contributes More To The Society: Doctors Or Teachers???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.