Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (49894 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by CloudWalker: 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
Apologize:
Me and my Guy go baff on a Saturday..Wear clothe. Mostly Native, we go waka waka waka dey find where we go see wedding to attend.
I thank God say I don't stop that shit. The loss of respect wey I suffer ehn especially when I jamb people wey sabi me. NEVER let people know you are struggling they will be repulsed. Fake it till you make it

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by oluspicy: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
I have been reading how Garri has been saving lives on this thread.

I think the Federal Government should dedicate a day for garri as 'Garri Day' in this country because it has been saving lives from time memorial.

I trust the Chinese...they would have done such instead. Imagine celebrating Penis Day. grin

I pray that God almighty will bless us abundantly.

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Offpoint: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ate fufu with the aroma of my neighbors soup for complete 3 days.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lightangel64:

Mine was during field trip my team was stuck cause of herdsmen we couldn't go back or risk getting caught, so we had to find leaves(mostly grass) to do a concussion lipsrsealed rip
wow, thank GOD. Hope u guys where not spotted.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by weareok(m): 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
larryking540:
I slept in campus with empty stomach most days ,,and I keep asking myself wat next after graduation , because no hope ,I mean no hope at all ,back in campus,most times na 3k I take survive for 1month ,,,in side the 3k I go transport go campus ,life in Ambrose Alli University no be beans o,,,

But at this moment the story is different ,and one thing for sure that I have known about this life is forget about your present ,think about the future ,the future is Tomorrow ,babe turn me down like mad ,,na money day make love sweet .
Wow I be student of aau

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by IamDavid(m): 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Did my professional work for quite lesser than the professional charge. It was painful for me because I've always been an advocate of adherence to professional charges but... Life happens you know

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by CloudWalker: 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
4gunners:

My broda, schooling here is hell for those struggling financially. What I passed through during my UG is a story to tell to my grand children. OAU is damn stressful.
OAU too. My eye see. You know about inaugural Na and weddings behind banking area or Ogunbanjo hall
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by larryking540: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
weareok:

Wow I be student of aau
Really ,,,u don graduate ?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Akaegwu(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
McBrooklyn:
Played Bet9ja virtual..
Apostle
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by tillaman(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
I think drinking water from a well

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by jericco1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
My brother I drank yellow garri without salt or sugar for four consecutive days. School life na wa oh

There was this time when we were battling water scarcity, I used the last water I had to wash the last yam I had, used the water I used in washing the yam to cook the yam and also the water for cooking the yam for washing the plates.. I cannot forget that experience angry

Don't be broke please cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by CloudWalker: 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
IamDavid:
Didn't eat all day. I wasn't fasting. Was just feeling too proud to ask for anything from anybody. Not even my parents which was an irony because I didn't know they already sent 10k earlier that day. I realized around 11pm, I just said lemme check my balance at an ATM... I found an eatery as late as it was on oau campus then... I ate with an exciting anger lol
The late eatery could be as he dey hot. Or Aluta market depending on when you graduated
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Ajiswaggs(m): 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Worked in a pure water factory and I was paid #200 for a whole night then cry cry

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Prechgold1180(m): 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Una own Nur even worst

How about foolish me dat gave a girl name mercy my last 500

Exam period at Auchi Nur be beans second semester for dat matter
Omo hunger wire me. Called home they say mk I hear say money Nur dey

Obob hunger wire me I had to trek to poly road eco bank I had 600 in my account thinking I ll be able to withdraw it
Reach dere Dem tell me another thing

I reach hux eyes don fall into hunger Nur be clear eye I take plick unripe orange take drink soured garri

Obob d thing bad

Mercy nkwor God dey watch u o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ArcFresky(m): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
Used well water to drink garri...

I never ever drink water unless it's purewater.

It was my lowest.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by DEADALIVE: 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
Surviving corona virus now....loss of taste and smell for like two weeks....happy after self isolation recovering back....but its not easy...stay safe everyone as we struggle to meet our daily needs. Thank God for life.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Lordfranklin(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
I used omo to shower for days.
I could remember when I had no foodstuff or money on me and I wanted to cook beans. The only thing I had then was salt and water. That was how I borrowed every other ingredients from my friends that day. One of the advantages of living in the Hostel.
There was a time I had to go to school without eating any food from the previous day. I used hunger to trek to school and back again. Wasn't a funny experience I tell you! That's why it's very important to keep female friends; their cup never runs dry in school!

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by 4gunners(m): 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
CloudWalker:

OAU too. My eye see. You know about inaugural Na and weddings behind banking area or Ogunbanjo hall

Sure, those were saving grace. You have the opportunity to eat balance diet grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by daddy001: 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
diziki:

Yours was better. I faced worse during my time. I boiled rice and used palm oil as stew, ate bread with soaked garri, ate yam with no sauce but I thank God that today things are better.

A friend was so broke,he ate garri (eba) with raw tin tomatoes .Later in the day he started vomiting and was rushed to the hospital, on getting there the first thing the doctor asked was what he ate ,my friend replied and told him he ate idomie and chicken.We laughed and people around wondered why we could laugh at that critical time

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Futurejoy(f): 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?
In my year 1, I had about N500 with me, my last card, no allowance yet, no helper...die hard broke. I just arrange myself and stepped out of the hostel, I saw a woman selling avocado pears at a very affordable price and I bought N200, bought garri N100 and sachet water . I had N200 left Incase of emergency pending when my allowance will come towards the next weekend. Ladies and gentlemen, I drank garri and pear for like 3 days until one of my roommates came and collected the spoon from me to taste the combo and was like “ why do you like this pear and garri so much, let me taste it”.....I just smiled weirdly and said I loved it cos it was my favorite (favorite bawo? Me that hunger want to kill).Later that day I just took my card and went to the ATM to check if I would see any money, low and behold, 12k was in my account (the first cut of my allowance). I was happy so I called my dad to thank him and ask when he sent the money, he said he sent it days ago but didn’t bother to call me...I was speechless. I just ran to buy chicken and plaintain, to replenish the lost nutrients in my body.
Another one was when I went for Saturday fixed class by one old “wicked “professor in my 300l . After 3 hours lecture he gave us 1 hour to go out for lunch, everybody went out and I was the only one in class with him. He later noticed me and called me, he asked me why i didn’t go out. I told him I had nothing on me to eat so what was the essence of going out. He asked what I wanted to eat and how much it would cost, I told him N300, this man removed N1000 to give to me but told me to bring back his change on N500 . I told him ok, I left and went to eat, on my way back to class I heard he had dismissed the class so I went to his office to give him the balance. I saw him outside and he said he wanted to see if I was a sincere person, he told me to keep the balance and that was it. I stopped seeing him as a wicked lecturer from that day.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Seyiloba5607: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
I just thank God for life sha, I de sell gala and Lacasera for 2 years just to eat and de okay

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Emax911: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Zeuslord:
mine was during my ND last semester. you know how project supervisors will just keep calculating all the offenses you committed until you jam them during your last project.
This particular lecturer kept I and my group in school till even our last exam.By then money was now an alien to me and my roomie. So one babe just dash us rice and small condiment to arrange it, but unfortunately we had just 2 sachets of water and about 3 cup of water (was not neat O).
we just decided to manage it like that.As we just put the rice on the fire ,environment just changed and it started raining ooo, my roomie without thinking twice just threw away the remaining water (not neat).
unfortunately and regrettably, just as he was about putting the bucket to fetch some good water na, The rain stopped immediately. we had no other choice but to eat the semi-cooked rice like that.

when village people saw how quick their work is

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by gospi: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
Vacancy

A female home tutor is needed at
Alawode Street off kilo bus stop. The street just before kilo bus stop when coming in from marshal round about, surulere, Lagos.
To teach two kids.One in Pry 1 and the other in Pry 4. They attend Evaron school.
Time 10am - 1pm( 1 hour 30mints each)

What qualifies you?
*Someone who stays close to the client's residence*

**You'll take an online assessment and be available on Monday or Tuesday (this week) for a one on one interview* .

*From the client*
I need a highly responsible female tutor to guide and assist my kids with their weekly online school work, complete class exercises and turn them in when due.

The school usually sends weekly time table with classroom work, videos, sometimes links to YouTube to watch specific videos, and assignments to work on and turn in on due dates.

Major channel is Google classroom and some times its live ....

Their rules from school are very stringent as I would say they show some consideration for parents some what.

I want a responsible female, organised, soft & well spoken but firm , children lover, patient, committed, Christian, good aura , knowledgeable.

Interested persons should chat me up privately (08160903487)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Dangrace01: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
Rice and bama myonaise
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by IamDavid(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
CloudWalker:

The late eatery could be as he dey hot. Or Aluta market depending on when you graduated
... Risky joint, I bought noodles and egg that day. There was nothing like as e dey hot then. (I've modified my comment because I think I didn't quite answer op's question, But that was an experience I can't forget)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Freestainworld:
exactly, if you here the pigin you will fear ooh, " who you dey look for, here na hotel? oya una go pay 10k both of una, comot for here, ordinary money una no get.

Unfortunately, you may wake up in the money and notice that your belongings are gone of your monies ....
Then you could have decided to look for an arm robber and sleep in his house....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
embarassed
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by joefengzy(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?
Travelled out of the country dakar/guinea conakry
French speaking country precisely
The business i came to do was messed up and the guys i had things with took the little one i had and vanished
No shelter
No food
No water
I had to download translator in other to give someone my international passport for a little cash of one day meal
All man for in own for outside country oooo
But i am greatful today

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by IamDavid(m): 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
Futurejoy:

In my year 1, I had about N500 with me, my last card, no allowance yet, no helper...die hard broke. I just arrange myself and stepped out of the hostel, I saw a woman selling avocado pears at a very affordable price and I bought N200, bought garri N100 and sachet water . I had N200 left Incase of emergency pending when my allowance will come towards the next weekend. Ladies and gentlemen, I drank garri and pear for like 3 days until one of my roommates came and collected the spoon from me to taste the combo and was like “ why do you like this pear and garri so much, let me taste it”.....I just smiled weirdly and said I loved it cos it was my favorite. Later that day I just took my card and went to the ATM to check if I would see any money, low and behold, 12k was in my account (the first cut of my allowance). I was happy so I called my dad to thank him and ask when he sent the money, he said he sent it days ago but didn’t bother to call me...I was speechless. I just ran to buy chicken and plaintain, to replenish the lost nutrients in my body.
Another one was when I went for Saturday fixed class by one old “wicked “professor in my 300l . After 3 hours lecture he gave us 1 hour to go out for lunch, everybody went out and I was the only one in class with him. He later noticed me and called me, he asked me why i didn’t go out. I told him I had nothing on me to eat so what was the essence of going out. He asked what I wanted to eat and how much it would cost, I told him N300, this man removed N1000 to give to me but told me to bring back his change on N500 . I told him ok, I left and went to eat, on my way back to class I heard he had dismissed the class so I went to his office to give him the balance. I saw him outside and he said he wanted to see if I was a sincere person, he told me to keep the balance and that was it. I stopped seeing him as a wicked lecturer from that day.
This is so interesting. We'll all make it!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by zionmde: 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
ozcarbenson:

Bro your matter tire me o
grin grin grin Such is life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Big Python We Caught Alive In North-East / A Priest Came Out From The Ghastly Car Accident Without Any Injury. Photos / Police Officer Urinates, Breaks Own Order (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.