Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job (59344 Views)

Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job / Patrick Lumumba Picks Okonjo-iweala Over His Country’s Candidate For WTO Top Job / Okonjo-Iweala May Lose Out On WTO Top Job As AU Considers Other Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by lagdmark(m): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Belaashoorey:
This okonjo is now an international entity
So na now you know? Pele oh!
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Corporate2020: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Over five months ago. An unserious president is the major problem with this administration.

An unserious you like you should be in the farm instead of loitering round the internet
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kenplay:
If only Egypt knows she is a freemason agent, they have chosing a wrong battle with that woman. The illuminatis respect her alot.
Proof
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by AreaFada2: 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Who is Egypt? A tree does not make a forest, Egypt is Inconsequential for now.
Egypt managed to outsmart Nigeria and get Boutrios Boutros Ghalli to become UN Secretary General. I mentioned it in another thread here earlier today. Despite Buhari and IBB having joined the Muslim league as observer years earlier. Those religious people Northern Nigeria look up to are our biggest enemies on international stage.

Only Gaddafi was a bit different. And that was because fellow Arab countries frustrated him and he looked towards black Africa for relevance.

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Smartypant: 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Amungwele:

Oyee (Oil) dey your head.

Too much sense no go kee u toi

Snail president missed deadline by 7 months.

You don't even understand what's going on here. Do you?

Nigeria had a candidate, Mr Agah, who is also one of the 4 Deputy director-generals of the WTO.
For reasons known to the govt and Mr Agah his candidature was replaced with Nwela.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by seunmsg(m): 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Over five months ago and Buhari is submitting it now.

Meaning he reluctantly did so.

Nigeria already submitted the name of Yonov Agah since earlier. We only decided to withdraw Agah and replace with Okonjo-Iweala.

Hopefully, Egypt will not use legal technicalities to edge us out. I want to believe those that advised the president to withdraw Agah and substitute with Okonjo-Iweala have done their home work well to ensure that her candidature won’t be obstructed by legal technicalities.

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Cecegracen: 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
PericomaNwankwo:
Trying to decimate future obstacles. Lol. Nigeria doesn't want to gamble with that position so it changed their nomination to Okonjo because she stands a better chance of beating the two other African nominees to that position. Egypt, sensing the danger ahead, wants her nomination rejected because they know with her in line, their nominees stand no chance. grin grin

What Egypt is saying is that it is too late to switch to another person. According to them, it is too late to nominate another person. The nomination was clearly stated for November 2019, which was 6 months ago. I think the fault is from the president who sometimes is slow in decision making. They should have allowed the first nominee to continue. Except they are sure we won't be edged out entirely.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by blackboy(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Egypt has a nominee already along that of Benin Republic and I'm sure there has already been celebration in Egypt (the Benin Republic nominee cant beat them) but with Ngozi in the race they know who will win.

I understand their protest and rightly justifiable. I blame the Nigeria FG for not doing the right thing on time.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by legitnow: 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT SHOULD WAIT FOR ARAB TURN.

THIS ONE IS FOR AFRICANS.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by legitnow: 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
WE CANNOT ALLOW ARABS TO COLLECT AFRICA TURN AND STILL COLLECT IN THE MIDDLEEAST TURN.

SO BY DEFAULT, EGYPT SHOULD NOT CONTEST.

THEY CALL THEMSELVES ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT.

EGYPT SHOULD WAIT ARAB TURN.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Goke7: 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Over five months ago and Buhari is submitting it now.

Meaning he reluctantly did so.

na buhari get the blame now abi
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by seunmsg(m): 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
legitnow:
THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF EGYPT DID NOT SEE A NAME LIKE AISHA OR AMINA SO THEY RAISE OBJECTION.

TELL THEM WHO GOD HAS BLESSED, NO MAN CAN CURSE.

ONKONJO IWEALA IS INTERNATIONALLY REPUTABLE CANDIDATE AND SHE WILL WIN.

They raised objection because they have a candidate for the office. They are trying to edge out Nigeria using legal technicalities. It doesn’t matter whether we present a sheik from Sokoto or an Imam from Borno. It is simply international politics and nothing else.

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by legitnow: 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
In a letter to the candidature committee on Friday, the permanent mission of the Arab Republic of Egypt to the AU said the Office of Legal Consent opined that Nigeria’s nomination of a new candidate “is not in conformity with the executive council decision”.

EGYPT CANNOT COLLECT DOUBLE ON TOP OUR HEAD.

GOD FORBID! TUFIAKWA!

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Goke7: 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
blackboy:
Egypt has a nominee already along that of Benin Republic and I'm sure there has already been celebration in Egypt (the Benin Republic nominee cant beat them) but with Ngozi in the race they know who will win.

I understand their protest and rightly justifiable. I blame the Nigeria FG for not doing the right thing on time.

you guys are funny, shebi NOI na international person wey no need FG nah
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
They know that non of their candidates can match her credentials.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Goke7: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Cecegracen:

What Egypt is saying is that it is too late to switch to another person. According to them, it is too late to nominate another person. The nomination was clearly stated for November 2019, which was 6 months ago. I think the fault is from the president who sometimes is slow in decision making. They should have allowed the first nominee to continue. Except they are sure we won't be edged out entirely.

mumu, PMB no get another work to do abi shior
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by legitnow: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:

They raised objection because they have a candidate for the office. They are trying to edge out Nigeria using legal technicalities. It doesn’t matter whether we present a sheik from Sokoto or an Imam from Borno. It is simply international politics and nothing else.

WE ARE RAISING OBJECTION BASED ON DOUBLE JEOPARDY.

EGYPT WILL CALL THEMESELES ARAB, COLLECT ARAB TURN AND STILL COLLECT AFRICA TURN.

HOW IS THAT FAIR?

OR THEY THINK WE ARE ALL ALMAJIRI THAT DONT KNOW OUR RIGHT IN NIGERIA?

1 Like

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by ud4u: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Isoduwa:
Nor be this women thief our money for Jonathan Regime?

Dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Deltayankeeboi: 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kenplay:
If only Egypt knows she is a freemason agent, they have chosing a wrong battle with that woman. The illuminatis respect her alot.
Freemason ? how ? please explain how she's their agent ,I'm interested in this
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by AniOmaa: 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Exc2000:

this thing go pain IPOBian oo grin anyway since you don drag Kemi Adeosun join, we go leave to run your mouth and support Okonjo the delta woman, afterall she no be Yiboo that we enjoy marginalizing
Yes ooo aburo Gbenga Shasmudeen my bloda from the wastee side, Okonjo is from Ijebu ode, let us support our sister before those awon eleribu Igbo come and claim our Ijebu sister grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by AdaoraNK(f): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
Please its not about Egypt. When I first heard the news I. Wondered why the Nigerian first candidate was withdrawn.

If after months and according to Egypt, Africa have endorsed 2 candidates and now Nigeria is making a reversal to replace it own candidate, then I want to alert Nigerians the Buhari and the FG are playing politics with us to make it look like he intends to present Okonjo-Iweala based on her appointments recently.globally while he wants to rubbish her. Because Nigerians have wondered why his led FG have neglected such a resourceful personallty.

Aunty Ngo! Please. Openly reject your nomination and shame them instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Exc2000: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
AniOmaa:

Yes ooo aburo Gbenga Shasmudeen my bloda from the wastee side, Okonjo is from Ijebu ode, let us support our sister before those awon eleribu Igbo come and claim our Ijebu sister grin cheesy cheesy

Anioma are not potopoto ibos , everyone knows that same as ikwere .. if na potopoto ibo now we for don show am shege and support our egyptian brothers and nothing can or will happen, as potopoto people accross river niger can do anything, dey are our marginalised pvssy
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Sweeetheart(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Maybe the Egyptians would have preferred Kemi Adeosun... grin

Dear Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala,

Please relax ma'am, because the Egyptians you see today, you shall see them no more....

Nah God dey your back, nor be Eczema.

zero sense at old age. kids attributes in man's body

attention seeking in this technology age. what a world
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by AniOmaa: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Madam Ngoo has achieved everything human endeavor can account for.. all the milestones of individual achievements you can think of, the woman has attained it all so nobody is losing sleep over Egypt's objection. I doubt it will affect her appointment and nomination anyway!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Exc2000: 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
AniOmaa:
Madam Ngoo has achieved everything human endeavor can account for.. all the milestones of individual achievements you can think of, the woman has attained it all so nobody is losing sleep over Egypt's objection. I doubt it will affect her appointment and nomination anyway!

keep chest beating as if she didnt loose world bank presidency
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by AniOmaa: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
Exc2000:

Anioma are not potopoto ibos , everyone knows that same as ikwere .. if na potopoto ibo now we for don show am shege and support our egyptian brothers and nothing can or will happen, as potopoto people accross river niger can do anything, dey are our marginalised pvssy
Ok we haff hear Oga Gbenga, Anioma are Ijebus, infact we migrated from Ogbomosho centuries ago and settled in Ijebu-ode, before we moved to our current locations in what is now Delta state. Happy now? grin

Now how do you respond to this slave reports of our sophisticated ➡ suffersticated yoorogba blodas grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by AniOmaa: 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Exc2000:

keep chest beating as if she didnt loose world bank presidency
Haba, aren't we supposed to celebrate our Ijebu sister together? ki lo de? Anioma are yorooba so we are one!

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Modikko(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mr serious, you ought to know that someone was already nominated. The president withdrew the person’s nomination to send in Madam Ngozi’s own
Mysticwebb:
Over five months ago. An unserious president is the major problem with this administration.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nchenches: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-egypt-wants-okonjo-iweala-disqualified-from-wto-top-job

Egypt and Women sef.

Wife of former Egyptian leader, Mubarrak, never wore veil or hijab.
But Egyptian women did.

Egypt will not respect a woman for the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patience, Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo At Udom Emmanuel's Father's Burial / Idris Ibrahim Slept With 2 Policewomen; Impregnated Amina - Senator Misau / What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.