Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job (59343 Views)

Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job / Patrick Lumumba Picks Okonjo-iweala Over His Country’s Candidate For WTO Top Job / Okonjo-Iweala May Lose Out On WTO Top Job As AU Considers Other Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
sweetgala:

Do you not comprehend simple English. This is not a matter of corruption it is a simple matter of international relationships. What is the value of Nigeria on the international scene, if the world was a chess board Egypt is a more valuable piece than Nigeria is the simple truth.

If two diplomats visit a major G7 leader one from Egypt and one from Nigeria it's more possible the Egyptian position would be considered ahead of the Nigerian.

That we find ourselves in this position is one of our failures, out value has diminished we shine from time to time, Egypt and South Africa form the trio of the major economies and power states in Africa with Nigeria, Egypt however have an historic significance to the British as the base of their North African/Arab operations for decades, that relationship is still strong.

Egypt hold the key to the peace in Sinai region and the Isreal would do much to keep things calm while Trump is in power with Kushner able to influence a lot in the white house.

You need to stick your head out of the sand and see the bigger picture

Mr man, if you like, talk from now till thy kingdom come. When it comes to Africa, Nigeria is king. You are a man with low self esteem. Get out of africa and know how powerfull the green white green flag is. Nigeria= black power. And in Africa, black is king. The Egyptians are arabs. Infact, they have no business with african politics. Am still wondering why you never took your history class serious in secondary school.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Odogwunaeast:

Ok. Lets watch and see. For your information Mr Egyptian, Egypt is more corrupt than Nigeria. Do i need to remind you that Sisi runs a dictarorship government. Nobody knows Egypt in africa. In African politics, Egypt is nowhere near Nigeria. Even in global affairs. The federal republic of Nigeria out ranks Egypt in all areas. Unless Buhari is weak. If he plays his card well, you will see what will happen.

See bro. Don't waste you time trying to educate these people. Many nairalanders here, if you see them in real life, you would stab yourself for engaging them.
Just allow them wallow in their conceit.

Egypt does not even stand taller than Ethiopia, let alone Nigeria. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Princedapace(m): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Guy, I have no obligation to convince you. Enjoy your ignorance.

hahaahahaahahah! Naija for where Egypt dey with a military rank of 44th in the world? hahahaahaha, Nigerians o!

Oh boy, bring facts.. I will drop more facts for u.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

See bro. Don't waste you time trying to educate these people. Many nairalanders here, if you see them in real life, you would stab yourself for engaging them.
Just allow them wallow in their conceit.

Egypt does not even stand taller than Ethiopia, let alone Nigeria. Smh.

God bless you jaree. You too get sense...
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Princedapace:

hahaahahaahahah! Naija for where Egypt dey with a military rank of 44th in the world? hahahaahaha, Nigerians o!

Oh boy, bring facts.. I will drop more facts for u.

You are an illiterate. Egypt has lost nearly all the wars they have fought. 44th my arse.
Ethiopia beat Egypt twice, Israel twice, Saudi, UK, etc have all defeated Egypt in wars.
Egypt never wins wars , you slowpoke. Argue with your mate.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by gaventa: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
The other day when we clamoured for us standing for our brother no matter what involved they said we were ethnic bigots now you can see that the best way for us to prove that we are a supportive nation is if we stand by our own. I'm.Glad someone from a different tribe is being criticized now, it was Adeshina first now Madam. The earlier we realise how UNITY can be of great help to us the better.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
I had many north African class mates. Egyptians, and Libyans classmates, and they tell me clearly that Nigeria is No1 in Africa.
Yet, olodos come here to argue. Many of them are cowards and inferior people, lacking in self-esteem.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Cherez: 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
post=90345643:
Wetin come be dem own nah?!

Bad Belle people.

Anyways.....

........whoever Our darling Daddy endorses is a winner.
A man after God's heart.
They want to bury Our darling Daddy,
they don't know he is a seed.

Okonjo, noting do you.
PMB "Our Darling Daddy" has laid his blessed hands on you, he belongs to everybody.
Carry Gooooooo.........

( Any wailing zombie that can count the number of times the phrase 'our darling daddy' is written on this post,
gets a prize, your time starts now our darling wailers..........
tongue
Please see this news
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/396128-buhari-nominates-okonjo-iweala-as-nigerias-candidate-for-world-trade-organisations-dg-election.html
Your so called darling is why the claim by the Egyptian might work. What held him back from nominating this woman ahead of Mr. Agah until after several pressures?
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Egypt should relax. Nigeria represents Africa better that any other country.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by SirBunky85(m): 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kenplay:
If only Egypt knows she is a freemason agent, they have chosing a wrong battle with that woman. The illuminatis respect her alot.
see dem,conspiracy theorists
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
FieldMarshall06:
I had many north African class mates. Egyptians, and Libyans classmates, and they tell me clearly that Nigeria is No1 in Africa.
Yet, olodos come here to argue. Many of them are cowards and inferior people, lacking in self-esteem.

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

You are an illiterate. Egypt has lost nearly all the wars they have fought. 44th my arse.
Ethiopia beat Egypt twice, Israel twice, Saudi, UK, etc have all defeated Egypt in wars.
Egypt never wins wars , you slowpoke. Argue with your mate.

I am not joining your discussion with your opponent, but I have an observation to make based on your submission on military strength and rank in Africa. They don't determine the strength or rank of a military of a developing nation by the war loss or defeat but by the numbers of war, the type of military operations, the strength of their opponents during war,, arsenal and weapons and strength of soldiers. You cannot compare a country that fought Israel or US in a war to a country that participated in a peace keeping operations.If Iraq has been defeated in many war that does not make Nigeria that has not fought war stronger than Iraq. The weapons of war, the artillery and experience are what they used to rank nation's military strength.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
babaolofin:

I am not joining your discussion with your opponent, but I have an observation to make based on your submission on military strength and rank in Africa. They don't determine the strength or rank of a military of a developing nation by the war loss or defeat but by the numbers of war, the type of military operations, the strength of their opponents during war,, arsenal and weapons and strength of soldiers. You cannot compare a country that fought Israel or US in a war to a country that participated in a peace keeping operations.If Iraq has been defeated in many war that does not make Nigeria that has not fought war stronger than Iraq. The weapons of war, the artillery and experience are what they used to rank nation's military strength.

It would have been better if you kept quiet. Your post doesn't deserve a response.

It is just amazing how semi-literates populate nairaland. Smh.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Haatism(m): 10:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Buhari is 100% wrong to have withdrawn the candidature of Yonov Agah at a late hour.

What was the dullard doing in za oda rum since that he couldn't communicate the WTO? Abeg, mama Okonjo should goan rest while Egypt sells their candidate effortlessly.

Next time, Nigerians would have learnt enough lessons to elect a living president.

Mtcheeeew
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

It would have been better if you kept quiet. Your post doesn't deserve a response.

It is just amazing how semi-literates populate nairaland. Smh.

You have no useful response. I am eminently qualified by training and experience to make such observation for the benefit of those who would benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by mslilybeth(f): 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Those Egyptians are so racist, they don't even consider themselves blacks, we like them over here, but they like to put other blacks skin tone down because they look almost white.
Okonjo is clearly a threat to them and they want their own candidate there, I hope the best man gets the job regardless.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by engrchykae(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

All those low budget asss Egyptian thinking they are the real niggarrrs of Africa

Fuckkk them
Low budget asss Moda fuckkkers
so you know?
Arabs are scourge to Africa,they are sitting on our African heritage in Egypt, Iraq (former Babylon)
Only God knows why Ethiopia is invincible.
Anyway, Arabs are weaklings
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by rapcy(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Righteousness89:
What I am gonna say is strange!

But for some deep Spiritual Reasons,
I Support Egypt on this!
if it's for spiritual reason better pick Naija instead of Arab Republic of Egypt
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by joepepsy(m): 12:01am On Jun 06, 2020
People like you forming spirituality are mostly wicked.
Righteousness89:
What I am gonna say is strange!

But for some deep Spiritual Reasons,
I Support Egypt on this!
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 06, 2020
seunmsg:

You people like taking nonsense. Why will she reject what she lobbied for? Go and learn how government works. Buhari would never have nominated her without her written consent. Our trade, international law, and foreign affairs experts must have gone through the rules before advising the president to withdraw the earlier nominations and replace with Okonjo-Iweala. This is not something that was done out of the blues. Nothing can ever satisfy you folks. Smh!

Don't be unfortunately hopeless this month.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Germi9: 12:49am On Jun 06, 2020
Princedapace:

lol, in international politics, Nigeria no near Egypt bro. Seems most of u dont even know how the global power blocks work. Egypt is a major player of the Arab league and the Arab league is extremely influential. Them carry cash. Egypt no be naija mate for anything.

Just that the naija candidate is a key player in the global market. But if na Naija vs egypt matter, Naija is no where near Egypt
you correct small,and still glad you know that Egypt influence lies within the Arab Nations,mind you no western country will want to allow a so called Arab country run such vital affair knowing fully well the Pandemic of global Torrorism and sponsorship from these same Arab Nations...Again i want you to name any Egyptian Candidate that is as influential as Ngozi Okonjo Iweala ,my broda take it or leave it she's a force to reckon with globally,even Trump knows.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 06, 2020
Is Egypt Nigeria’s enemy?
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by amuwo1980: 2:10am On Jun 06, 2020
Won’t be surprised if it the same Islamic jihadist regime of Buhari that’s playing both sides , nominating and using their fellow Islamic Brotherhood clique to cut it off , so that they will say we nominated her . I don’t trust these guys
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by GermanPoison(m): 5:16am On Jun 06, 2020
Kenplay:
If only Egypt knows she is a freemason agent, they have chosing a wrong battle with that woman. The illuminatis respect her alot.
na u register am abi
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Princedapace(m): 5:48am On Jun 06, 2020
Germi9:

you correct small,and still glad you know that Egypt influence lies within the Arab Nations,mind you no western country will want to allow a so called Arab country run such vital affair knowing fully well the Pandemic of global Torrorism and sponsorship from these same Arab Nations...Again i want you to name any Egyptian Candidate that is as influential as Ngozi Okonjo Iweala ,my broda take it or leave it she's a force to reckon with globally,even Trump knows.

Yea bro. I know. I said it that Ngozi is a global force. No African can beat her. I only responded to the comment that claimed who is Egypt in international politics. I laughed. Egypt no be Naija mate for international games. Naija has no better issue. That country deals with extreme complex international politics involving powerful and complex countries.

Terrorism is a business.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by seguno2: 5:51am On Jun 06, 2020
Kenplay:

And that is why she is the World Bank President today.
Do you need to borrow something important that you have lost? So you can function fully and normally
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Mayflowa(m): 6:10am On Jun 06, 2020
Racoon:
So who is Egypt putting forward? NOI is Africa's best card for now.This position is all about international diplomacy wherein the continent need to put it's best foot to negotiate better packages since the developed nations of the world are not ready to allow the developing let alone third world nations to survive.

Read the article. They have Egyptian candidate for the job!
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by humilitypays(m): 7:02am On Jun 06, 2020
Egypt is not an African country, it's an Arab country in the Middle East, they need to go back to where they belong.

Egypt
Morocco
Libya
Tunisia
Algeria

Arab Emirates angry
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by humilitypays(m): 7:04am On Jun 06, 2020
Princedapace:

Yea bro. I know. I said it that Ngozi is a global force. No African can beat her. I only responded to the comment that claimed who is Egypt in international politics. I laughed. Egypt no be Naija mate for international games. Naija has no better issue. That country deals with extreme complex international politics involving powerful and complex countries.

Terrorism is a business.
Egypt is only good in terrorism ever since it was conquered by the Islamic warlords and converted to an Islamic nation, and since then, Egypt has remained a joke of a country living in past glory.
Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by Tripoli(m): 7:16am On Jun 06, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Who is Egypt? A tree does not make a forest, Egypt is Inconsequential for now.

You just vomited rubbish because you're looking
for likes and who like help?

You can't compare Egypt with Nigeria, even in a dream world,do you hear me?

Egypt is the headquarters of the Illuminati that's controlling this world among other things.

Egypt are enjoying 24 hours water,gas and electricity and there is no Face me and face you, the lest flat is 2 bedroom apartment and a common man can afford it.

Re: Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job by ayterajah(m): 7:33am On Jun 06, 2020
what do you expect .... pharaoh people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patience, Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo At Udom Emmanuel's Father's Burial / Idris Ibrahim Slept With 2 Policewomen; Impregnated Amina - Senator Misau / What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.