Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! (6584 Views)

Nairaland Was Offline For About A Minute! / I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! / Why Nairaland Was Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by Outkast(f): 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2006
ALL I'm saying is Seun, never try a stunt like that, my gosh, I had a heart attack.
I felt like an addict not getting her drug, I went crazy. It was a nightmare thank God.
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by ocho(f): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2006
didn't we all. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by nike4luv(f): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2006
i got back from school today and bam! dropped my bag and logged on just to check, i was soo happy, i even hit my wrist on the desk [when i was waving my hands] am soo happy its back cheesy
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by snazzydawn(f): 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by dejiolowe: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2006
nike4luv:

i got back from school today and bam! dropped my bag and logged on just to check, i was soo happy, i even hit my wrist on the desk [when i was waving my hands] am soo happy its back cheesy
hope u didnt break anything of significance o. am happy dat u r happy tongue
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by nike4luv(f): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2006
dont laugh at me jo
thanks jare boda deji!, its soo cool to hav this site back cheesy
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by abuguy64(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2006
Wow,wow.Am glad to "see" you all.Had a frustrating weekend without NL + I have not been enjoying the best of health. I wonder how much of it was due to lack of NL. I support the call for voluntary contributions from those who can afford it. I know money is a sensitive topic!Seun just get in touch(pm)with those  who have shown their interest and work out the best way we can help. Kudos,and welcome back!
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by dejiolowe: 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2006
nike4luv:

don't laugh at me jo
thanks jare boda deji!, its soo cool to hav this site back cheesy
me boda? am still ayounge o! very much in town.. dont spoil my logo here o jare
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by hotangel2(f): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2006
c0dec:

i heard while NL was down, our queen, Hot-angel, drifted off to www.naijaryders.com. tsk tsk

Im glad you said "You heard".. We were all on conversecity when the site was down. Aunty snazzy and rest can testity to it. People of this world with rumours. tsk tsk.

------------------------------------------

Im sooo happy NL is back. Im happy to see soo many people happy.. *group hug* kiss
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by nike4luv(f): 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2006
me too! i'l join, cccc an i? embarassed

Boda Deji, dunt worrry i wont pa star mo yin lara tongue
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by dejiolowe: 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2006
nike4luv:

o se jare, omo rere bi iyan nain.
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by nike4luv(f): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2006
naa am omo amala bi eba [dat didnt make any sense tongue]
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by IAH(f): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2006
hot-angel:

I'm glad you said "You heard".. We were all on conversecity when the site was down. Aunty snazzy and rest can testity to it. People of this world with rumours. tsk tsk.

------------------------------------------

I'm sooo happy NL is back. I'm happy to see soo many people happy.. *group hug* kiss

Emm...*scratches head* please which one is conversecity? I checked google, nothing came up. Just curious.
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by hotangel2(f): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2006
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by IAH(f): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2006
Oh I see! Thanks. cool
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by snazzydawn(f): 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2006
nike4luv:

me too! i'l join, cccc an i? embarassed

no.you can't!!!!no children,I am only protecting you from these papas that will want to touch you more than necessary grin
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by Ralex(m): 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2006
I know i overcane ny addiction to NL but this weekend.... I checked consistently and even had to change DNS servers and googled "nairaland" just in case.

Nice to know it wasnt only me
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by dejiolowe: 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2006
snazzydawn:

no.you can't!!!!no children,I am only protecting you from these papas that will want to touch you more than necessary grin
Snazzy u call me PAPA! yeepa! and if papa touch u, u no happy. u no know say na aristo get money past. these small boys na chop and go o.
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by snazzydawn(f): 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2006
see me see wahala!!!did I call anybody's name?hehehe
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by IAH(f): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2006
Ralex:

I know i overcane ny addiction to NL but this weekend.... I checked consistently and even had to change DNS servers and googled "nairaland" just in case.

Nice to know it wasnt only me

As for me, I was reading cached pages. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by nicetohave(m): 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2006
as per the contribution scheme, i am for it for those who can afford it but i seriously doubt seun will welcome that, he wouldnt be the owner of the forum anymore............i believe, because if a major contributor feels he is being handed a raw deal......... cool
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by snazzydawn(f): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2006
thats the idea!!! grin
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by dejiolowe: 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2006
may be we incorporate nairaland and donations will be shares in the company...
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by snazzydawn(f): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2006
yea,and the girls can take as many husbands as they can handle!!!!
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by nicetohave(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2006
angry angry angry shocked

not in my lifetime angry
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by snazzydawn(f): 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2006
well,for that,I pick you as husband #30
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by goodguy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2006
I was sick, I felt like dying, I didn't believe I could survive without nairaland, I felt incomplete, ...blah blah blah tongue

It's nice to know nairaland is back anyway.
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by dejiolowe: 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2006
snazzydawn:

well,for that,I pick you as husband #30
pick me as aristo number 1
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by snazzydawn(f): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2006
No way,that will earn you a ban from Admin ooo!!!! wink and from your Olori,permanent banning!!! grin
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by dejiolowe: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2006
once i have u, am OK. let everyone ban us...
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2006
Nferyn, I appreciate what you're doing to raise money for a backup solution for Nairaland. I have now obtained a VPS from www.powervps.com which costs just $10/month more than what I was paying at www.tektonic.net and I am sure that even if there are outages with these guys in the future those outages will be pre-announced and will not last more than 1 or two hours each. The new host is much more reliable!

About backing up the forum: the thing about the forum is that it's database driven and the database is updated every single second! The only way to get an up-to-date backup is to get another VPS in a different datacentre and configure it to be a slave to the MySQL server on my main site. To be sincere, when you consider the amount of traffic that this forum gets, this kind of money should not be difficult for me to spend. Unfortunately, I happen to be a miser. cheesy

So it would be unethical for me to accept donations, but in the future we'll have a Nairaland store for those who would like to spend money and help Nairaland. However, members who really want to help Nairaland can also: (1) follow the rules more diligently, (2) make themselves available when invited to the Nairaland congress, (3) Invite their friends by email, (4) Link to the forum from their blogs, journals and websites, (5) Write and publish articles about Nairaland.

Regards,
Seun.
Re: Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! by Icon(m): 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2006
Thank God Nairaland is back. So many things went through my mind. I first thought Nairaland had been hijacked, then I thought I had been banned but after trying to connect at home, in the office, and on my cellphone, I still couldn't connect.
@Seun, This weekend must have been the busiest for you. I'm sure we didn't feel this half as much as you... keep up the good work.
@hot_angel, layi, snazzy, deji, chillin, etc etc. Missed you all. Nice to be back.

LONG LIVE NAIRALAND!
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPBULIC OF NIGERIA! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHCN Pre-paid Meter Now Free Of Charge / How Do You Plan To Spend Your Christmas Day? / Who Called You First In The New Year And Vice Versa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.