Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (105444 Views)

I Now Have One Hundred TRILLION Dollars, So I Am A Celebrity (with Full Proof) / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Nairaland So Addictive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:35am On Feb 02, 2011
I dont go to sexuality section you know
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 2:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
:-x
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nothing much in terms of foreign affairs/politics on this thread - it sounds more like a chatroom for some folk outside Nigeria.

The mod should move this thread to a more appropriate location since it has been derailed beyond recognition. grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
debosky:

Nothing much in terms of foreign affairs/politics on this thread - it sounds more like a chatroom for some folk outside Nigeria.

The mod should move this thread to a more appropriate location since it has been derailed beyond recognition. grin

Wenger sucks!  Arsenal will not win another Premiership Cup for the next 25 years!  Oh, yeah! RVP is a rapist.  smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^ Your point is? grin

Even more proof of the aimless rants on this thread - it should be sent to the defunct offtopic section or the recycle bin to die a natural death. grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2011
debosky:

^^ Your point is? grin

Even more proof of the aimless rants on this thread - it should be sent to the defunct offtopic section or the recycle bin to die a natural death. grin

What do you want Debosky?  Do I know you?  Did you follow Dayokanu over here?  Go back to Arsenal forum where you belong.  Seriously. grin

Anyway, I think you're just jealous.  Gotta go.  But if you want a arse-kicking, you can come back later - much later.  I'll have more (disappointing) Arsenal news for you then.  How's Andre Arse-shaving, by the way?  Still there sucking up the oxygen at the Emirates?  cheesy
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
isale_gan2:

What do you want Debosky?  Do I know you?  Did you follow Dayokanu over here?  Go back to Arsenal forum where you belong.  Seriously. grin

Anyway, I think you're just jealous.  Gotta go.  But if you want a arse-kicking, you can come back later - much later.  I'll have more (disappointing) Arsenal news for you then.  How's Andre Arse-shaving, by the way?  Still there sucking up the oxygen at the Emirates?  cheesy

I want the thread canned. . . .#nothingpersonal.  cheesy

You seem to be into 'kicking arses' and other forms of pseudo-sexual violence. . . .I'd suggest you hook up with DK - he's into S&M. grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
debosky:

I want the thread canned. . . .#nothingpersonal.  cheesy

You seem to be into 'kicking arses' and other forms of pseudo-sexual violence. . . .I'd suggest you hook up with DK - he's into S&M. grin

Eeewww.  shocked embarassed Typical arsene/arsenal fan.  Take that kinda talk to you-know-where.  Debosky, you've outstayed your welcome. Bye.  ::waves::

P.S. You can come back only if you have news/info/story related to living abroad, or if you are addressing or answering any questions/comments posed by me! smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2011
You can't outstay your welcome on an offtopic thread, this is an 'anything goes' zone innit? cheesy

I haint going hennywia.  tongue

Living abroad? I hear the hard water in London makes their poop as hard as olumo rock. . . .that's why they all walk funny when they come to Naija for a visit. Is it true? cheesy cheesy
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2011
I am starting to think Isale gangan has been around way longer though with your tirades with Dobo.

You seem to know way too much for someone who doesnt frequent the sport section
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^ You dey mind these small pikins wey think say dem fit play mind games?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2011
dayokanu:

I am starting to think Isale gangan has been around way longer though with your tirades with Dobo.

What tirade?  I've seen the name Debosky before.  But clicked on his profile real quick - saw he is a gunner and went for the jugular. grin

DK, don't be paranoid.  I joined a year ago, but didn't really frequent much until like September and didn't start to really participate until a couple months ago.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2011
isale_gan2:

What tirade?  I've seen the name Debosky before.  But clicked on his profile real quick - saw he is a gunner and went for the jugular. grin

DK, don't be paranoid.  I joined a year ago, but didn't really frequent much until like September and didn't start to really participate until a couple months ago.

isale_gan2:

Wenger sucks!  Arsenal will not win another Premiership Cup for the next 25 years!  Oh, yeah! RVP is a despoilersmiley
isale_gan2:

I like your anti-Arsenal bursts but the items in bold must have been from a long standing member. Just my guess
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
debosky:

^^ You dey mind these small pikins wey think say dem fit play mind games?  

Debosky, I knew you were a troublemaker the first time I saw you. angry  War has been declared.  Expect me in the Sports section this weekend.  I am sure Arsenal will fail!

dayokanu:

DK, I know a little something about this sport called football (not the "rugby with a suit of armour" the Americans play) and the EPL.  You and your buddy here will rue the day!

I've been following it off and on for some time.  Before I started frequenting Nairaland, the only other forums I regularly visited were football ones.  If you check my very first posts, you'l see I mention that part of my interest here was the Sports section.  Had a few posts during the world cup and a couple re: La Liga.

Anyway, I'm cool.  No worries.

P.S. I know everything about Cristiano Ronaldo's stay at Man U and his subsequent move to La Liga.  Anything you wanna know about The Special One, I can fill you in.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=153
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=954982956f8dba5c52e78ac38ef2545a&f=229
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2011
isale_gan2:

Debosky, I knew you were a troublemaker the first time I saw you. angry  War has been declared.  Expect me in the Sports section this weekend.  I am sure Arsenal will fail!

Trouble maker? cheesy

I'm as peaceful as a monk. tongue

You? In the sports section? Naah. . . .I'll pass. grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
debosky:

Trouble maker? cheesy

I'm as peaceful as a monk. tongue

You? In the sports section? Naah. . . .I'll pass. grin

Not for you to decide!!!  I'm not coming to see you. angry 

I'm already fed up of talking to you.  BTW, do you get that a lot?  You are really annoying (and not in a good way).  And I usually don't get mad at people.  Ask DK.  smiley

I'm coming to offer my excellent analysis of Arsenal's shortcomings. 

Especially, if Arsene has another meltdown!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
I am also on bigsoccer though more in the German boards.

So how did you know GAYYners are senseless? Have you encountered them in their elements?

BTW which team do you support?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
isale_gan2:

Not for you to decide!!!  I'm not coming to see you. angry 

I'm already fed up of talking to you.  BTW, do you get that a lot?  You are really annoying (and not in a good way).  And I usually don't get mad at people.  Ask DK.  smiley

I'm coming to offer my excellent analysis of Arsenal's shortcomings. 

Especially, if Arsene has another meltdown!

I do get it a lot. . . care to shrink me to find the problem? cheesy

Stay outta the sports section. . . .you are not wanted. tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
dayokanu:

I am also on bigsoccer though more in the German boards.

So how did you know GAYYners are senseless? Have you encountered them in their elements?

BTW which team do you support?

I am most interested in international competitions and qualifications leading up to the tournaments, mostly the world cup and any that I can get here in the US, Euros, Cup Oro, etc.  With streaming online, of course I can watch a lot more like the African tourneys. smiley  I support Nigeria or any African country.  If no African country, then it's a toss-up depends what takes my fancy.

I also will follow a few players.

But I really don't support football clubs.  And I don't follow USA pro leagues. If it's on tv, sometimes I'll watch.  Very infrequent.

I know about Gunners and all the EPL teams.

P.S. I've been a member on Bigsoccer for about 5 years.  Not a member on Redafe.  BTW, those boys are really vulgar over there.  I never visit Redcafe unless it's my own computer.  I mostly read the forums now though, but post more (on Bigsoccer) during matches that interest me.  I follow EPL, LA Liga, and I know a tiny little bit about Germany and Portugal teams.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2011
debosky:

I do get it a lot. . . care to shrink me to find the problem? cheesy

Stay outta the sports section. . . .you are not wanted. tongue

All rignt.  Got it.  You'd like me to bring cokes and fantas and some meatpies?  What about the scotch eggs, chicken and jolof rice?  Okay, I'll just surprise you.  Thanks for the lovely invite. 

Delighted!  smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2011
How did you know about Arse-shaving and Van Rap15t?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpiah2: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
I joined a year ago, but didn't really frequent much until like September and didn't start to really participate until a couple months ago.

Are you not oyinda?

if you are, that's why debosky is having issues with you, imo.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
She is not Oyinda, though they are similar in thought

Oyinda is from Osun and Isale gan2 is from Lagos
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpiah2: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
hmm.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
tpiah*:

Are you not oyinda?

if you are, that's why debosky is having issues with you, imo.

Don't know who that is?  I think Debosky was just making random comments.  I didn't sense anything personal.  Dunno.  ::Shrug::

dayokanu:

She is not Oyinda, though they are similar in thought

angry  undecided I guess I'll have to read some of this member's posts. When I feel like it.

tpiah*:

hmm.

I am not going to entertain any more conspiracy theories or theorists.  I will catch you guys when you get back to normal. tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 8:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nigeria Abroad News: Update on Akeem, Nigerian man found in car trunk half-dead.

http://gothamist.com/2011/02/01/bmw_victim_breathing_on_his_own_att.php
BMW Victim Breathing On His Own, Attacker Still Loose
After his story received a massive amount media attention, the family of Akeem Ajimotokan have moved him from Harlem Hospital to another, undisclosed, medical institution. And while Ajimotokan (who was found last week stuffed into the back of his BMW with his ear half-torn off) is still in a coma, he is reportedly now breathing on his own.
Meanwhile police are still hunting Barion A. Blake, a crook with a thing for BMWs who is suspected of offering to buy Ajimotokan's car before changing his mind and instead beating him up and stuffing him in the back. Blake, who it turns out is the nephew of NYPD counterterrorism division Deputy Chief Michael Blake, was last seen fleeing the BMW after getting into a fender-bender with a taxi.

FStranger, how's your day going?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2011
So tpia is now an expert at who I'm having beef with? cheesy

That's why you can never be demoted from iyale lai lai. wink

Just don't buy all this newbie gist. . . .#justsaying.

Anyways, that doesn't really matter to me. . . .my aim is simply to shut down the thread. tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 2:43am On Feb 03, 2011
Found this article in another thread where twins are discussed.  It's interesting to contrast other tribes' (negative) beliefs about twins with Yorubas, for example.  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-385178.64.html

Kenyan mother 'cursed' with six sets of twins

Most women would struggle to cope with six sets of twins but for Gladys Bulinya it is even more difficult - as many people in her part of Kenya think twins are cursed.

Her relatives will have nothing to do with her, and her husband left her, fearing she was jinxed, after the sixth pair of twins arrived last year.

So the 35-year-old lives alone with 10 of her 12 children in a one-roomed grass-thatched house, a few miles from the shore of Lake Victoria.

Sitting outside her small home in the village of Nzoia, she recites the birthdays of her children with ease.

"John and James were born in 1993," she starts, shading her eyes from the sun's rays.

She explains that she got pregnant at high school - but her boyfriend was too young to marry her.

Her sorrow then turned to shock, when her own family ordered her to leave the babies at the district hospital for adoption.

They told her that the Bukusu people, to which her family belongs, believe twins bring bad luck - and that unless one of them dies, it means certain death for one or both parents.

The Bukusu tradition of eliminating the second twin is no longer practised,
though occasional cases of infanticide are still reported in rural areas of western Kenya.

Forced Marriage

Luckily, Ms Bulinya says, when her boyfriend's father learned the twins had been abandoned, he took them in and has cared for them ever since. (He is from a different ethnic group, the Kalenjin.)

But her troubles did not stop there. Five years later she fell in love with and married a primary school teacher.

She was living with his family when she gave birth to her second set of twins, Duncan and Dennis.

Fearing she had brought them a bad omen - and that someone would die - her in-laws chased her away.

"I was put on a motorcycle taxi with my twins and sent to my father's home," she says.

Yet again, however, her family had no sympathy. Still considering her cursed, they did not allow her on to their property.

Instead, they quickly organised another marriage for her, to a man 20 years her senior.

He agreed to the alliance, she says, as he had not expected to marry at his age.

But more twins followed.

"Mercy and Faith were born in 2003 and Carren and Ivy in 2005, Purpose and Swin in 2007," Ms Bulinya says.

It was the arrival of Baraka and Prince last year, that led to her husband walking out.

"I now have to do lots of odd jobs to feed my 10 children because I do not know where he is, and he is also too old to work even if he were around," she says.

'No regrets'

A few of the children attend the local junior school.

The five-year-old girls take it in turns to care for five-month-old Baraka and Prince, while their mother is out weeding plots or doing washing for neighbours.

Eleven-year-old Dennis has been given a scholarship to a private boarding school nearby, while his twin Duncan looks after the livestock for a retired teacher.

"I have decided to sponsor one of them - that is all I can afford," Margaret Khanyunya, director of St Iddah Academy, told the BBC.

Duncan's monthly ration of maize for his herding duties is enough to feed the rest of the family.

So the family of twins, often ostracised by the community, just about scrapes a living.

But even Ms Khanyunya, a benefactor, is critical of Ms Bulinya's situation.

"The lady should have undergone sterilisation after discovering that men were using and dumping her," she says.

Ms Bulinya says she has no regrets and sees all her children as God's blessings.

However, she admits that she has now reluctantly been sterilised, "against the wishes of my church", as she could not cope with any more children.

"I am a Catholic. When I made the decision I asked for God's forgiveness and I am sure God understands and will forgive me for doing that."

The one thing that really upsets her, she says, is the absence of her 17-year-old twins.

She weeps when she recalls their last meeting, two years ago, at their circumcision, a ceremony which marks a teenage boy's rite of passage to a man.

At the gathering, each parent must hand over their son to the community elders for the circumcision.

"I was invited to the occasion and asked twice to pick my sons from among the crowd of 30 boys," she explains.

"In both cases I picked the wrong children and my heart still bleeds each time I think of that day."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12280109

How Likely Is It?
Dr Maggie Blott, a spokesperson for the Royal College of Obsetricians and Gynaecologists, says:

The chances of having six sets of twins is extremely low, though once you have one set of twins, you are more likely to have another - and once you have two sets, you are more likely to have a third.

If a woman repeatedly has non-identical twins, her ovaries are regularly producing two eggs rather than one.

In Britain, the chance of having twins is one in 80, in Africa it is higher.

I'm not sure anyone knows the chances of having a second or third set of twins - there probably isn't that much information out there. But all obstetricians have stories of a woman who has had twins having twins again. I have a patient who had twins followed by triplets.

Twinning runs in families too. A woman who is a twin herself has a higher chance of giving birth to twins
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 5:50am On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

I like your anti-Arsenal bursts but the items in bold must have been from a long standing member. Just my guess

Why?  Because only Nairalanders play on Arshavin's name?  Only NLers know RVP was arrested for rape?  So was CRonaldo, in 05(?) btw. 

DK, you're losing your coolness.  Probably never had it all along.  'Twas. . .  a mirage. Hmm mmm mm. How the mighty have fallen.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 5:52am On Feb 03, 2011
DOnt you sleep?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:31am On Feb 03, 2011
fstranger1:

DOnt you sleep?

I dozed off for a couple hours before so now I won't be able to fall asleep until 1 or 2am.  Are you crabby?

P.S. I am watching developments in Egypt.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:38am On Feb 03, 2011
isale_gan2:

Why?  Because only Nairalanders play on Arshavin's name?  Only NLers know RVP was arrested for violation?  So was CRonaldo, in 05(?) btw. 

DK, you're losing your coolness.  Probably never had it all along.  'Twas. . .  a mirage. Hmm mmm mm. How the mighty have fallen.

I actually like you mocking em GAYYners. To feel my coolness you have to visit my room

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101)

How To Get Your BVN Code Straight From Your Phone / This Was Killed In My Compound Tonight (pics) / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.