Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism (41446 Views)

‘you Can’t Question A Player Like Griezmann’ – Lloris Hits Back At Criticism / Mane Forgets About Black Lives Matter Kneel As He Dashes Into Everton's Half / Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by joepepsy(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
E go better for,if not for their actions the protest won't be going on.
Generalkaycee:
E no go better for Derek Chauvin, J. Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane and Tou Thao.....Racist Cops
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Gwan2(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
OfficialDad:

Can i steal this comments?

Feel free bro

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Biodun1929(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
nijabazaar:
I am really not caring about black lives matter thing.

African Americans are the worst racist

You're better with a whitemam in America than an African American. Trust me

So true. My brother lived with me in Ibadan for years, no problem. His first few years in America (New Jersey), black Americans robbed him and beat the shitt out of him. I saw my brother's picture, i almost cried. Like I should fly over there and look for those guys. They keep acting violent and like animals and wonder why they get treated like animals.

3 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

I don't get your point...I should try LIVING where??....Anyway, I had finished my study before globetrotting. I worked in quite a few of the countries I travelled and I visited some as a tourist. I have encountered more tribal insult towards my clan in Nigeria....I lost my mum indirectly from the violence that erupted in some northern Nigeria states after Buhari lost election to Jonathan. I have seen a particular post of a man with tribal marks all his face to mock the yoruba culture here on Nairaland, likewise the yoruba mocking the ibos....A particular section have never ruled in my state and are openly marginalized and all is well....Any black man wey leave Africa, naija precisely and travel to these western countries and complain of racism is just being hypocritical.

That still doesn't change the fact that racism is real and you have no right to undermine others' experiences. Black people are found across different continents, there are black people in Cuba, and many other places besides UK who are discriminated against simply based on the COLOR of their skin, so they should all relocate to where exactly? Black Americans who were born and bred in the US should also relocate? Please, don't get me started.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Blackmoran(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Inferior and weak people always have this consciousness that they can't compete, so they use this tactics of been a victim to get the sympathy of others, there is no different between feminism, and most black Americans. Including majority of Africans... We have this self entitlement, the day we look inward and take responsibility and be self reliant, we would continue to always point fingers.....

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
If someone passed that nonsense to me to read, I will certainly object.

AJ should have known better. He has no excuse.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Gwan2(m): 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

That still doesn't change the fact that racism is real and you have no right to undermine others' experiences. Black people are found across different continents, there are black people in Cuba, and many other places besides UK who are discriminated against simply based on the COLOR of their skin, so they should all relocate to where exactly? Black Americans who were born and bred in the US should also relocate? Please, don't get me started.

What are you saying...Please get off my mention. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

What are you saying...Please get off my mention. Cheers

Please get off writing nonsense online.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Ajixegun: 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:
I am black but you see all this protest by the black community and riots going on freely is simply because of excessive freedom and how liberal the western world had open up to people. I have traveled to 9 countries and I must say, I feel more attached and comfortable mingling with white folks than the blacks.
Where in the world aside the western world can you travel from GOd knows where and give birth to a child and the child automatically become a full citizen enjoying same privilege as the indigenous people. Where in the world can you automatically get citizenship by marrying a citizen. I studied in the UK, your child automatically get access to free education, health care and a lot of facilities by the virtue of your student status in the west. A lot of students exploit the system especially those on scholarship by bringing their spouse and children while on study, thereby overstretching the limited resources. Go to the hospital and see indigenous white queuing for appointments that might take close to a month before they get access to see a doctor because a lot of people both foreigners and citizen had booked earlier. They were overwhelmed by such things and displayed decorum in votes to pull out of EU rather than following the path of fellow BLACK xenophobic South Africans displayed some time ago.
See, typically the black man in a white man’s country is so sensitive to how the white react, speak or even look at him and point to racism at every instance. I had a friend who worked in a bar and was dismissed because of his carelessness and poor attitude to work...before he left the bar he made sure he created a scene shouting racism racism. They were so courteous not to respond or engage him in a fight because they know most of the black Africans use racism to cover their shits.

Now we have phrases like black excellence, black live matters, I am black and proud, black history....flip the coin and say something like white supremacy, white excellence, white rules and hell will be let loose from the black community pointing racism. What sort of inferiority can that be?
Lastly, you see this Arab countries or most Asian countries.. nobody do racism pass them, but why don’t the suppressed black population protest...because the freedom is limited and they make sure you understand from your first presence in the country that you are second class to them and nothing can change that. Anyway, as the saying goes...when you give somebody a yard he will later ask for a mile.

A man is only respected and modelled if he earns such. Look at the African continent, the poorest, the most docile, the most disease ravaged, the most corrupt, the most backward...who has ever earned respect by displaying such attributes??
Thanks for this post.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Imagine a person who has only studied for a year or 2 at most, or lived abroad for a month, drawing conclusions to rubbish the experiences of people who have lived in the West their entire lifetime.

Shame on folks like you. Men of little insight.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Shattuck(m): 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
bluefilm:

Nice speech.

But oga, all these things you said doesn't justify a WHITE police officer choking a BLACK unarmed guy to death in the full glare of the public.

I may be black living in a white man's country but that doesn't in any way mean that I am less of a human.
only the suspect know why he did what he did,there were report that both the victim and suspect knew one another,it may be because he is racist or it might have also been simple police brutality, and not because he was black, just saying.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
Shattuck:
only the suspect know why he did what he did,there were report that both the victim and suspect knew one another,it may be because he is racist or it might have also been simple police brutality, and not because he was black, just saying.

Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Botham Jean...the list goes on. Yet some are here trying to find other reasons . Okay o, continue.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Biodun1929(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
Shattuck:
thank you for this, I hold same opinion while the western world is not perfect, it is still the most liberal and receptive in the entire universe,and not all whites are racist,you can see how they make so much effort to even be better and thread carefully when talking about minorities.in Nigeria you see the level of open hate and insensitivity even here on nairaland.its hypocritical to expect the white folks to be perfect,while you are not even making any move to get better.there is nowhere in the world where foreigners enjoy much freedom and tolerance than in the west,they can't possibly be the worst in humanity.

"In Nigeria you see the level of open hate and insensitivity even here on nairaland.its hypocritical to expect the white folks to be perfect,while you are not even making any move to get better."

DEEP

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by SweetyMarvel00(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:
I am black but you see all this protest by the black community and riots going on freely is simply because of excessive freedom and how liberal the western world had open up to people. I have traveled to 9 countries and I must say, I feel more attached and comfortable mingling with white folks than the blacks.
Where in the world aside the western world can you travel from GOd knows where and give birth to a child and the child automatically become a full citizen enjoying same privilege as the indigenous people. Where in the world can you automatically get citizenship by marrying a citizen. I studied in the UK, your child automatically get access to free education, health care and a lot of facilities by the virtue of your student status in the west. A lot of students exploit the system especially those on scholarship by bringing their spouse and children while on study, thereby overstretching the limited resources. Go to the hospital and see indigenous white queuing for appointments that might take close to a month before they get access to see a doctor because a lot of people both foreigners and citizen had booked earlier. They were overwhelmed by such things and displayed decorum in votes to pull out of EU rather than following the path of fellow BLACK xenophobic South Africans displayed some time ago.
See, typically the black man in a white man’s country is so sensitive to how the white react, speak or even look at him and point to racism at every instance. I had a friend who worked in a bar and was dismissed because of his carelessness and poor attitude to work...before he left the bar he made sure he created a scene shouting racism racism. They were so courteous not to respond or engage him in a fight because they know most of the black Africans use racism to cover their shits.

Now we have phrases like black excellence, black live matters, I am black and proud, black history....flip the coin and say something like white supremacy, white excellence, white rules and hell will be let loose from the black community pointing racism. What sort of inferiority can that be?
Lastly, you see this Arab countries or most Asian countries.. nobody do racism pass them, but why don’t the suppressed black population protest...because the freedom is limited and they make sure you understand from your first presence in the country that you are second class to them and nothing can change that. Anyway, as the saying goes...when you give somebody a yard he will later ask for a mile.

A man is only respected and modelled if he earns such. Look at the African continent, the poorest, the most docile, the most disease ravaged, the most corrupt, the most backward...who has ever earned respect by displaying such attributes??

Sir, I have written down this insightful post on my note. I will use it positively in the future. It's very brilliant. I hv also followed you. This is my mail: ogbwandi@yahoo.com. I will appreciate if you get back to me. I want to discuss more things with you. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
My dear, go back to his original assessment/comment. We are all discussing solutions here. Nobody is undermining others' experiences.
Black people must do better. Do you know the rate of killings carried out by black people alone in the US? We really want the white side to take us serious, but where are we? He is saying we need to rise within ourselves and be better. Remove emotions from all these, so you can look at things sensibly from every angle. Peace!
tot:

3 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Biodun1929(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
EasterDell:
Spot on!

It irritates the hell out of me.

They are simply bullying white people. Respect is not by force. If you have it so bad why no go back to your country.

We chased Ghanaians away. South Africans burn Nigerians on the streets. If white people did any of this, the world will end.

I blame the whites, they invented human rights and have given away their homes to ungrateful idiots!

America, UK, Canada, Australia... etc. Are still the safest and most prosperous destination for people of any color globally. Yet these idiots rather burn these countries down.

Their wahala too much.

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You made quite a valid point. But you didn't drive it home with respect to how George Floyd was gruesomely murdered basically for no other reason other than that he was black.

I am not supporting the gruesome murder of Floyd, but how can we be sure that he was murdered for no other reason other than his race?

It could have been something else; even something personal.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
fairheart:
My dear, go back to his original assessment/comment. We are all discussing solutions here. Nobody is undermining others' experiences.
Black people must do better. Do you know the rate of killings carried out by black people alone in the US? We really want the white side to take us serious, but where are we? He is saying we need to rise within ourselves and be better. Remove emotions from all these, so you can look at things sensibly from every angle. Peace!

Black people must do better, otherwise it's okay for them to be killed anyhow? Kontinu. And how about those that abide by the laws but still experience racism? Racism is beyond the covert killings, there are lots of subtle acts as well with many aspects of people's lives impacted. Promotions. School selections. Jobs. Interviews.

Anyway, it wasn't you I quoted so please stay out of it. When a person who has only travelled around and studied is making stupid generalizations about people's DAILY experiences, he needs to be called out. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Blacks are the only one that take offence because someone says they are black

Foolish low self esteemed sets of people

Come back home and leave the city of whites
You sound like a happy slave.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
fairheart:

The truth is that crime rate is far higher in black dominated cities. Violence is also higher there. Blacks settle nearly all their disputes using their fists and other dangerous weapons.

Blacks need to do better. I have watched a video on Sony Max where a black man wanted to evade arrest. He beat up the police officer and almost killed him. The police man saved himself by using a taser.

I am very certain that that police officer will be more careful and more aggressive when next he has a black man to deal with.

I am not saying that whites are any better.

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fredie107(m): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
Black lives matters, black lives matters..... And the same blacks were looting the shops of blacks in the US in the name protest....

5 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Kingrefreshed: 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=Balaxx post=90439341]So if Tyson fury come out tommorow con say "whites buy only from whites shop" e go like am[/quotpe]

I'm so sorry to say this. You're a renowned Fool.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by LordOfTheGame: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

Sell out??...I will honour you with a response anyway. We keep lambasting on colonialism and slave trade that happened centuries ago. Is that what the black community will keep saying till eternity. Bro if you go back in history, thousands of years ago, humans lived like wild animals..it was survival of the fittest...the only emotional response we had was either to fight or flight just like lower animals display presently. Then humanity advanced to the era of kingdom, dynasty and so on...one kingdom will fight to conquer and control the less powerful kingdoms..in the process thousands of warriors or fighters are killed. There was no rule or central governance, it was battle of the strongest to control territories even within smaller communities. I don't want to go in-depth...Eras of psychological, intellectual and social changes of human history made man to become more civilized, humane and sociable.
We can't keep lambasting on history like defeated race that had thrown in the towel even before the fight.....Bro, China transformation started in 1977 or thereabout by Deng Xioping after Mao's death...40years ago..not so long compared to when industrilization started in England and extented to the western nations in the 18th century. But you know what, China has caught up with the west in no distant time and on the verge of overtaking the west now. They never lambast of their history or sob like a child that was refused breast milk all these years.
Blacks need to understand that slavery is part of history, put their acts together, forge ahead and make strides that will endear the world to black race rather than always tracing over 400years ago of history that me and you never experienced as the reason for their backwardness.

I still repeats it, this is just ranting of sell out. China never went through the kind of dehumanization, social and mental fractures the black communities suffered. I said it that you don't understand how these whole things works because you're enjoying some social amenities and probably have a white partner but let me remind you one, do know what is happening in the AfDB and it's leadership and foreign interests? Do you know the tussle Dr NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA is facing now to grab the top trade job? Do you know the reason behind the military bases of foreign countries here in Africa? Do you know what is happening in the FIFA and it's leadership in regards to African players and teams? You see, you don't understand the whole thing. Giving you some form of liberal sense of oneness and comforts and taking away your ability to control your own destiny and future is the systematic racism we're talking about. Stop making defence over what you know little or nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
anonymous1759:

You nailed it bro Low self esteem is our biggest problem the west are very smart .what they're doing to foreigners is more like corporates social responsibility (csr) some people think these social Amenities is a big deal to them I laugh when I read comments. The only people I blame are the African leaders the world can never be balanced not all whites are Racist but majority of them are . The way Racism is handled by FIFA and Uefa you'll know racism is here to stay . The west being liberal to foreigners is another way of painting that goodwill picture but what they to stay in control is dirty.
Can u suggest better ways UEFA can handle racism ?
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Shattuck(m): 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Botham Jean...the list goes on. Yet some are here trying to find other reasons . Okay o, continue.
but not all incidents could be tagged racism,what describes racist killing? is it white kill black or is it the motives behind it? the death of George Floyd may not be an act of racism,giving their shared past.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Adexkingking: 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Balaxx:
So if Tyson fury come out tommorow con say "whites buy only from whites shop" e go like am

Go back and read well.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by JanSnow: 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Balaxx:
So if Tyson fury come out tommorow con say "whites buy only from whites shop" e go like am

Dem no need tell them, na wetin whitey and chinko and even arabo dey do
Na only their people dem dey help

Only black man dey do sara for people wey hate you
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Shattuck:
but not all incidents could be tagged racism,what describes racist killing? is it white kill black or is it the motives behind it? the death of George Floyd may not be an act of racism,giving their shared past.

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Would the cop have knelt on the neck of an unarmed white man for 8 minutes? Again, the names I mentioned earlier, there was no shared past so please defend those ones as well.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by madridsta007(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-hits-back-criticism-22154154

Next time, be smart about your speech, Anthony Joshua.

You are literally being fed, clothed, supported, etc, by white folks. These are simple facts. It is foolish biting the hands that are feeding you, while you are LIVING in their midst.
Who does that?
Foolishness. The white man never forgives or forgets, AJ. The Pan Am Flight 103 Lockerbie Bombing happened in 1988. Ghaddafi was fingered in it, even though unproven. The white man took revenge on him and Libya went up in flames in 2011.
23 years after. AJ should start appealing to them, believe me.
Young people, resist the urge to comply with your emotions, no matter how tempting it is. The things you do will live forever on the streets. This is the internet age.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
LordOfTheGame:

I still repeats it, this is just ranting of sell out. China never went through the kind of dehumanization, social and mental fractures the black communities suffered. I said it that you don't understand how these whole things works because you're enjoying some social amenities and probably have a white partner but let me remind you one, do know what is happening in the AfDB and it's leadership and foreign interests? Do you know the tussle Dr NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA is facing now to grab the top trade job? Do you know the reason behind the military bases of foreign countries here in Africa? Do you know what is happening in the FIFA and it's leadership in regards to African players and teams? You see, you don't understand the whole thing. Giving you some form of liberal sense of oneness and comforts and taking away your ability to control your own destiny and future is the systematic racism we're talking about. Stop making defence over what you know little or nothing about.

Nothing is happening in all those places you mentioned. It is just normal speculations. There are leadership tussles even in family businesses but as soon as it concerns a black person, the black community reads racism to it.

If anything is happening at FIFA against African players, it has nothing to do with FIFA as a governing body but all to do with CAF who should represent the interest of players from the continent. It is not because of FIFA that we have not won the World Cup. After all, we have the most u-17 world cups in the world.

There is no conspiracy anywhere against African players.

Yes, there is racism even in sports, but offenders (whether fans or players) always get their punishment.

Claiming that there is some conspiracy is itself racist.

3 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by abbey621(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
SachaBastien:

I am actually not black. You see why I say you are plain stupid. You have so many assumptions and assertions that are not based on empirical knowledge.
I never said black people should be silent in the face of racism. I said counter-racism is not a solution. Very easy to understand but I guess you were brought up to live a life of an eye for an eye which explains why you are blind in your mind and soul.

You are not black but live in Nigeria and obviously is well versed on the history of Nigeria and the Nigerian people, ogbeni you're BLACK! I don't care what your skin color is, stupidity comes in many shades and colors grin grin grin. Again I ask you to define counter racism? Choosing to patronize the black community instead of putting majority of my money on non black owned businesses is counter racism? You're delusional, how do you think the whites, the Jews became so powerful. In a fair system there would be no need for it but since we all know the system is bias and unjust then blacks must save blacks, we can't continue to wait on the white messiah or the jewish king.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guardiola Was Too Smart For His Own Good As Man City Lost To Chelsea / John Ogu To Politicians: Ask Your Children To Represent Nigeria In Coming Games / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.