Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies (40689 Views)

Yul Edochie Visits Folashade, Tinubu's Daughter / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo And MC Oluomo Get FG Appointments / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Welcomes Second Surrogate Baby - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Openbusiness: 9:13am On Jun 09, 2020
surgical:
[s]The fees are illegal,yhey should challenge it in court
Their Lagos high Court may not give them justice they should persevere till the appeal court
They should put an end to this nonsense once and for all[/s]
Keep dreaming

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by SmartPolician: 9:13am On Jun 09, 2020
Taye4j:
Igbos are already seeing the consequences of running their mouths against Yorubas. Trust me, you ain't seen nothing. Thought you said Lagos is a no man's land.

You guys have more to loose. Yorubas know how to frustrate your life without using any weapon. I sympathize with respectful and hard-working Igbos in Lagos, but the majority of them are the cause of their misfortune befalling the rest of them.

Learn to always respect your host. Even if the sanction is lifted, there are still other ways to put you guys in your place.

I'm afraid you don't have sense

Are you sure you know where computer village is?

Yes, it's dominated by the Igbos, but there are other tribes doing business there, including Yoruba people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Yabatechspecial: 9:16am On Jun 09, 2020
coputa:
Was is not strangers that made lagos conducive,strangers built lagos to where it is today.strangers from ekiti state,anambra state,oyo state,ogun state,kano state,imo state.The only lagosian that have govern lagos state is sir,michael otedola.
God punish Anambra and Imo on that list.....you want to attach yourself to success....impact you've tried so you should leave now...just pray Tinubu dont clinch presidency, that's when you will all see Lagos as heaven....GOD BLESS LAGOS

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Enyimbafc: 9:16am On Jun 09, 2020
FrLukas:

So why are you rushing to their region in droves like refugees?
They are rushing to afonja land because afonjas are the most useless,lazy,idiotic humans.All the want is free things,i will advice the igbos there to purchase enough guns and go into crisis with the lazy bastards,i think this will end their madness.CHILDREN OF SATAN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by tiredoflife(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2020
Yabatechspecial:

You can leave or jump in the lagoon

Sorry we have all the prime real estate
We left the lagoons for u lots
We bought all the good lands
We took advantage of ur drug infested youths who sell their birth rights at every flash of naira and some igbo and jedi jedi
I guess u too are in one hole in tolu area of ajegunle or abule egba

Cry not ok
We are not giving the land back
If you want it
We will only sell at 10 times the price
Stop crying like a baby
The land is ours for life grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Taye4j: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

I'm afraid you don't have sense

Are you sure you know where computer village is?

Yes, it's dominated by the Igbos, but there are other tribes doing business there, including Yoruba people

You are a stupid zombie. Even in the US, everybody pays whatever levy is imposed. Yorubas are accustomed to levies from Iyalojas and Babalojas. We pay as at when due.

If the Igbos are not okay with the arrangement, they can jump into the lagoon or go back to their erosion ravaged - red mud enclaves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2020
Enyimbafc:
They are rushing to afonja land because Igbos are the most useless,lazy,idiotic humans.All the want is free things,i will advice the igbos there to purchase enough guns and go into crisis with their lazy bastard brothers,i think this will end their madness.WE ARE CHILDREN OF SATAN.

4 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Openbusiness: 9:21am On Jun 09, 2020
Na children fill this thread! Before you start talking rubbish, always endeavor to know history. My grand ancestors moved to Lagos as far back as the 1920's. My great grandmother was a trader, most of my ancestors were market women and men. Iyaoloja ish has always been part of Yoruba markets structure and culture, it's the way they organize their trading businesses. No government can stop it, no court can ban it, it is fully legal. They better call their selves to order. All this media trial and hate will only makes things worse for outsider traders. Even the Yoruba people there pay the money, so what's your stress? People should try to learn about their hosts, instead of this show of shame, dancing naked in the market.

9 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Doyou2019: 9:22am On Jun 09, 2020
Taye4j:

Maybe you need to learn about culture and tradition. It is the culture of the Yorubas to have Iyalojas and babalojas. Go to every state in the South West, you will see this in play.

Just because Lagos is now enforcing it doesn't mean it has never been a part of the culture. If you don't like it, you can go back to your state or region.

If extreme exploitation is what you call culture and tradition, then I feel very sorry for you.

And I'm Yoruba, Lagos indigene for your information, but I'm not like you. I could never think this way, even if I wanted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by SmartPolician: 9:22am On Jun 09, 2020
Taye4j:

You are a stupid zombie. Even in the US, everybody pays whatever levy is imposed. Yorubas are accustomed to levies from Iyalojas and Babalojas. We pay as at when due.

If the Igbos are not okay with the arrangement, they can jump into the lagoon or go back to their erosion ravaged - red mud enclaves.

Mumu

You are on Nairaland speaking for Yoruba hustlers in Computer Village

You kids that still eat "Mama, thank you" don't know anything about life

Keep fooling yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Openbusiness: 9:24am On Jun 09, 2020
Iya oloja is a legally recognized government authority and position. Her market authority is not just a trader's association thing, it has full backing from LASG. In fact, nobody can be installed Iya oloja without LASG approval. They might even select the person themselves. So the Iya oloja is directly answerable to the LASG. She is a legal entity and a government position and office. Also, she is by proxy an extension of the Oba of Lagos, and a subject and ambassador of the King by proxy. So Iya Oloja of Lagos or anywhere for Southwest no be moin moin position oh, she is a political and social office holder legally established and backed by the state government. So all those children shouting rubbish they should take her to court, just know all your money na one chance e dey enta, that case na DOA. Fighting Iya Oloja of Lagos means you are fighting directly with the LASG and fighting with the Oba of Lagos. Forgerrit, u no fit win oh. My people should use their head, no be by initial gra gra una go take solve am oh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Cosbyrich: 9:24am On Jun 09, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
Afonjas, lazy set of people, always eating where they did not sow

So Harry Akande,Bayo Ogunlesi,Kas Lawal,Silas Adekunle and all the great Yorubas making it big abroad(Igbos have almost Zero presence abroad compared to the smartly industrious Yorubas) are lazy,abi?
Which of your tribesmen or women are as smartly hardworking as Yorubas.
Even your fathers were lent money twice by the Yorubas during the regional system when the real lazy people became obvious.

Your entire generation are the obviously lazy ones because they cannot do anything without the Yorubas

Name any of your generations that have made it home or abroad than the Yorubas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by surgical: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2020
Openbusiness:

Keep dreaming
Pele o slave
Is the office of the Iyaloja general that is hereditary,any tier of government that is constitutionally empower to place levy on the citizens
If it's tested in a law court not tinubu court ,I mean in a federal court they will succeed
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Congonatty: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2020
BlowYourMind:
They better accept their fate, if they can't abide by the rules, they should pack their bags and go to enugu, it is nairaland ipodpigs that are putting Igbo in trouble

Even if she collect billions from the igbos, they will always be richer and better than there host.

Is JAH doing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Ezmans: 9:30am On Jun 09, 2020
Roon9:
Nice

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily
how I'll it be powered?
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Taye4j: 9:30am On Jun 09, 2020
Doyou2019:

If extreme exploitation is what you call culture and tradition, then I feel very sorry for you.

And I'm Yoruba, Lagos indigene for your information, but I'm not like you. I could never think this way, even if I wanted.

It is people like you that will go to the US and pay all those back-breaking taxes and levies imposed on them without blinking an eye but will come to Nigeria and complain without paying half of what they pay in Europe.

Holding our leaders accountable is what we should do and not the taxes collected as long as they are legal and in tandem with the Constitution, culture and tradition of the host community. I'm a proud Yoruba man, nobody should be allowed to come to our land to trade, mess with our politics and tradition and still run their mouth against us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:31am On Jun 09, 2020
Yabatechspecial:

You're a fool, during my school day i do collect bursary of 50k yearly and a scholarship of 200k once so we are not complaining here, our developments that makes us heaven to your eastern states in from all these levies so if you're not okay with it, you can always relocate to your state to sell palm oil.....we true LAGOS indigens are not complaining at all

50k +200k = 250k(Not upto 1k dollars)
and you are ranting online.
I enjoyed Total 300k + NDDC 250k during my school year.
Guy, somebody is cashing out in billions from that same state. Don't be myopic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Enyimbafc: 9:31am On Jun 09, 2020
Taye4j:
Igbos are already seeing the consequences of running their mouths against Yorubas. Trust me, you ain't seen nothing. Thought you said Lagos is a no man's land.

You guys have more to loose. Yorubas know how to frustrate your life without using any weapon. I sympathize with respectful and hard-working Igbos in Lagos, but the majority of them are the cause of their misfortune befalling the rest of them.

Learn to always respect your host. Even if the sanction is lifted, there are still other ways to put you guys in your place.
Yorubas are lazy bastards,lagos is a no man's land we will continue to increase price of goods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Taye4j: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

Mumu

You are on Nairaland speaking for Yoruba hustlers in Computer Village

You kids that still eat "Mama, thank you" don't know anything about life

Keep fooling yourself

Cry me a river, you can tell that to your gala selling- zobo hawking brothers in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by GeneralPula: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
Afonjas, lazy set of people, always eating where they did not sow

Your people are free to leave and get back to where they came from.

Its not and will never be by force!

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by romenna: 9:34am On Jun 09, 2020
Why does TINUBU have a strong hold on Lagos?
And with all the brilliant, intelligent and exposed elites here, such primitive acts from TINUBU never gets challenged!
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by GGSG(f): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2020
tiredoflife:
I grew up with these people
I know them too well
If u think afonja people likes u
U are joking
They are worst then tape worms
Lower than amoeba
The bitterness since pre independence where upon all awolowo did he was reduced to a mere western region premier
While Zik and tafa balewa got governor general and prime minister is still causing them pain
That's why u see this hate for igbos and any tribe after Ore Ondo state

They are not to be trusted
That's why they play the politics of anything that will hurt the better south is fine
Just see how they are wanking on this post
Useless people
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Ezmans: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Kennyg101:
Na una sabi... ipod na dem dey complain
But if igbos, Benins, calabars, urobos, isokos, ijaws, itsekiri, hausas, tivis, ets didn't come to Lagos to do business afonjas could have turn cannibal to them selves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by DanHaske: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

"Iyaloja and a Babaloja"
What da fuckkkk

Be a real niggarrr
There is no need for all these

Even the so called Lagos is one overrated slum!
The whole of it is a slum
A squalid!
Mucky
Slummmy
Vile
And very dirty
Have been there before as a real niggarrr and a Bini son
That place is not conducive for living
Low Moda fuckkking overrated slum

This your sense ehn, is it natural or inspired by weed?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by GGSG(f): 9:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Congonatty:

Even if she collect billions from the igbos, they will always be richer and better than there host.

Is JAH doing
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by GGSG(f): 9:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Ezmans:
But if igbos, Benins, calabars, urobos, isokos, ijaws, itsekiri, hausas, tivis, ets didn't come to Lagos to do business afonjas could have turn cannibal to them selves
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by DAVE5(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2020
Hhansome:
Sad news is that nothing would be done at the end... And her father wants to govern Nigeria. God forbid!

Association of thieves everywhere, saddest part is they have supporters who don't even have food and water on their own table

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by GGSG(f): 9:39am On Jun 09, 2020
tiredoflife:

Sorry we have all the prime real estate
We left the lagoons for u lots
We bought all the good lands
We took advantage of ur drug infested youths who sell their birth rights at every flash of naira and some igbo and jedi jedi
I guess u too are in one hole in tolu area of ajegunle or abule egba

Cry not ok
We are not giving the land back
If you want it
We will only sell at 10 times the price
Stop crying like a baby
The land is ours for life grin
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by proeast(m): 9:40am On Jun 09, 2020
This is a very simple issue. Since the drug Baron and his band of theives have decided to be eating where they did not sow, the Igbos in the market who constitute an overwhelming majority of businessmen there can do the following:

1. Resist the payment by any means necessary even if it means forming your own task force to counter their own task force.

2. If for any reason, option one above is not feasible, then by all means, relocate the Computer village to Onitsha and make Onitsha the hub for all computer needs in Nigeria. Don't tell me that it is more convenient to use Lagos due to the proximity of the Port. You can still send your containers straight to the East, offload them there and redirect your customers to be making orders to Onitsha. Push whatever extra cost due to the logistics to the end user.

3. If you can't do the two options listed above, please pay whatever dues or levies the drug Baron and his theifing children and minions are demanding and stop disturbing our peace.

We hold the four aces in this yet you are making it seem like you're handicapped. This should be a wake up call to you. For God's sake, call a meeting, reach a consensus and by all means move that market to Onitsha and turn a nasty situation into a win-win situation for us!!

Modified****
Someone should copy and paste this on the front page already.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by GGSG(f): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2020
johnmattew:
ironically,the ino traders can afford those levies..the roadside Yoruba traders are the ones suffering from this levies...u have seen countless times how Yoruba traders fight those agberos..they just snatch their daily profits/earnings from poor traders
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by tbtosine(m): 9:43am On Jun 09, 2020
Prettybhoy:
I thought federal government and state government should be the only one taking levies?

sorry to ask you this sir. Tinubu cabals are they local government or non government ? Just wondering ni oooo... If the national leader of the party families are not part of the National government. Only God can help the masses from the hands of our persecutors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara Denied Access To Aso Rock For A Dinner With President Buhari / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Akwa Ibom (More Pictures) / Guests Struggle For Seat At Presidential Inauguration Dinner (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.