Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies (40670 Views)

Yul Edochie Visits Folashade, Tinubu's Daughter / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo And MC Oluomo Get FG Appointments / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Welcomes Second Surrogate Baby - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2020
all those Iyalọja in every market in Lagos just collect unnecessary levies, they can kill you to get the position self
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by adeoluolagbegi(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2020
I dont know why they cant figth it. We are enemy our hourself
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Taye4j: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2020
proeast:
This is a very simple issue. Since the drug Baron and his band of theives have decided to be eating where they did not sow, the Igbos in the market who constitute an overwhelming majority of businessmen there can do the following:

1. Resist the payment by any means necessary even if it means forming your own task force to counter their own task force.

2. If for any reason, option one above is not feasible, then by all means, relocate the Computer village to Onitsha and make Onitsha the hub for all computer needs in Nigeria. Don't tell me that it is more convenient to use Lagos due to the proximity of the Port. You can still send your containers straight to the East, offload them there and redirect your customers to be making orders to Onitsha. Push whatever extra cost due to the logistics to the end user.

3. If you can't do the two options listed above, please pay whatever dues or levies the drug Baron and his theifing children and minions are demanding and stop disturbing our peace.

We hold the four aces in this yet you are making it seem like you're handicapped. This should be a wake up call to you. For God's sake, call a meeting, reach a consensus and by all means move that market to Onitsha and turn a nasty situation into a win-win situation for us!!

Modified****
Someone should copy and paste this on the front page already.

I can see you are thinking from your anus and you are not making sense. You want to show and prove you are smart but the trash you have written has made you look like a nitwit.

1. You can't resist it because it's a Government backed- constitutionally approved-traditionally and culturally backed endeavor. So, forming a task force to resist it is termed 'going against the government and trying to disrupt the peace of the state's. That earns you a long term behind the bars.

2. Maybe you still need to read up why Lagos is the commercial centre of Nigeria. Why do you think majority of corporate headquarters in Nigeria have their location in Lagos and not Abuja despite the fact that Abuja is the capital? Do you think Portharcourt or wherever you want to relocate to have the population and the spending power? You can answer all these by yourself.

3. I think your only option is number 3. Payyyyyyyy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Yabatechspecial: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2020
tiredoflife:

Sorry we have all the prime real estate
We left the lagoons for u lots
We bought all the good lands
We took advantage of ur drug infested youths who sell their birth rights at every flash of naira and some igbo and jedi jedi
I guess u too are in one hole in tolu area of ajegunle or abule egba

Cry not ok
We are not giving the land back
If you want it
We will only sell at 10 times the price
Stop crying like a baby
The land is ours for life grin

I see, and please can you tell me the who dominate the slums in lagos, i mean places like Ajegunle, Ijora badia + Ijora olopa and most of the slumps in Ajeromi/ifelodun Lcda....bro you claim what you dont have....how many igbos are in Ikoyi, VI,LEKKI, MAGODO compared to the wealthy hausas and the host YORUBAS.....the places we have much igbos here are Festac, Navy town and Maryland bud still cant be compare to the numbers of Yorubas there......my hometown is OJU OLOBUN on the Island and i stay in Maryland.

5 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by azpekuliar: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
Na children fill this thread! Before you start talking rubbish, always endeavor to know history. My grand ancestors moved to Lagos as far back as the 1920's. My great grandmother was a trader, most of my ancestors were market women and men. Iyaoloja ish has always been part of Yoruba markets structure and culture, it's the way they organize their trading businesses. No government can stop it, no court can ban it, it is fully legal. They better call their selves to order. All this media trial and hate will only makes things worse for outsider traders. Even the Yoruba people there pay the money, so what's your stress? People should try to learn about their hosts, instead of this show of shame, dancing naked in the market.

Shut your trap! The guy who services the computers for our office is a Yoruba man and he described this levy as exorbitant. Yoruba and Igbo traders in the market are strongly united in their decision to challenge this exorbitant levy. You are alone on your solo tribal voyage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by elmas(m): 9:57am On Jun 09, 2020
It beats my imagination for people to say that one should wake up one morning and relocate his business to the east, I mean a business you have been nurturing and building for years and run to the east just like that without proper strategy, besides not all business owners over there are Igbos, we have other tribes there like igala, idoma, ibibio, Esan and more, I'm not from Igbo.

My problem with Iyaloja market organization isn't a modern implemented market union, of what functionality is Iyaloja and babaloja? What are the levies being used for? Why should we have thugs, touts and tribalistic criminals as law enforcers?

Is there Iyaloja or Babaloja in Newyork or Dubai?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Yabatechspecial: 9:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Enyimbafc:
Yorubas are lazy bastards,lagos is a no man's land we will continue to increase price of goods.

You people days are numbered coz development is far from where you people settle here in lagos and also expect more.

4 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Kwashiman: 9:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Yabatechspecial:

I see, and please can you tell me the who dominate the slums in lagos, i mean places like Ajegunle, Ijora badia + Ijora olopa and most of the slumps in Ajeromi/ifelodun Lcda....bro you claim what you dont have....how many igbos are in Ikoyi, VI,LEKKI, MAGODO compared to the wealthy hausas and the host YORUBAS.....the places we have much igbos here are Festac, Navy town and Maryland bud still cant be compare to the numbers of Yorubas there......my hometown is OJU OLOBUN on the Island and i stay in Maryland.
I very mush doubt you've lived or been to those areas, otherwise you won't be asking how many Igbos Iive in Lekky, VI, Ajah, Magodo etc compared to Hausas? Igbos aside from Yorubas and other Nigerians probably have the highest numbers of residents in those areas you mentioned. Any true Lagos boy that has lived in those areas for a considerable amount of time will know this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Taye4j: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2020
elmas:
It beats my imagination for people to say that one should wake up one morning and relocate his business to the east, I mean a business you have been nurturing and building for years and run to the east just like that without proper strategy, besides not all business owners over there are Igbos, we have other tribes there like igala, idoma, ibibio, Esan and more, I'm not from Igbo.

My problem with Iyaloja market organization isn't a modern implemented market union, of what functionality is Iyaloja and babaloja? What are the levies being used for? Why should we have thugs, touts and tribalistic criminals as law enforcers?

Continue to spew trash. Are you deaf that appointing an Iyaloja is part of Yoruba's culture. That is why you need to learn about the culture and tradition of your host community before settling in their midst.

Whether you like it or not, it has come to stay. You are asking what are those levies used for? Maybe you should also ask the Federal Government and your state Governors what they do with the taxes collected.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2020
When I see comments of people saying the traders should cooperate if go back to the east, i laugh. Economics 101 states that population is key to economic success of any place. You find ways to bring people , not keep them away. You all think Canada us stupid? That's why states with no population in US are dying off. Check out Detroit. Irrespective of tribe, we should be fair. There is a local government and they are collecting taxes for the government. Market associations are basically self governing arrangements. If the iyaloja wants to be the main tax collector, then they should cancel all local government levies and pay them to her. That now makes sense. Multiple taxation is not good for business anywhere in world.

3 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by LexngtonSteele: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2020
tiredoflife:

tiredoflife to his useless homosexual father:

Ur parents said they didn't give birth to a fool
I think they are doubting it now

No wonder you are tired of life. grin

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by GGirll: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2020
Wicked man with greedy mindset....igbos will continue to rule anywhere anytime despite all wickedness n harassment in Lagos slum called state, they are still far better than d agberos littered there with weed red eyes n smelling mouths n bodies....cursed vultures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Roon9(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Ezmans:
how I'll it be powered?

You either use Solar panels, NEPA or gen
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Yaass!!! Bosses! Tackle her. What on earth do they use those monies for?
Apart from enriching themselves and teaching agberos how to be lazy and dependent ...

I support you all!
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by AmazingELixir: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2020
FrLukas:

So why are you rushing to their region in droves like refugees?

If you're not sick in the head you would have realised that Afonjaz also have a very healthy population down south and in other part of the country...but I don't expect you to know that certainly not when you're holed up in that your brown roofed shack with mentality as dull as mud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Yabatechspecial: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2020
elmas:

That's our tradition.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by LexngtonSteele: 10:07am On Jun 09, 2020
omoharry:

Omoharry to his father :

Na you remain poor at heart...

Are you originally from Lagos? Your papa, grand parents and great grand parents , are they all from Lagos ? People from Osun , ondo, Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun state will all be claiming lagos .. una nor get village again but Lagos is now ur state of origin. Oga make tribalism no kill you . This is the reason why you will remain poor at Heart becos you see what is wrong and hail and encourage it.
Tinubu collect so much from you and give you crumps only during election and you are here thinking that that is where life end . If feel sorry for people that reason like you.
Tinubu and his dynasty are feeding off from the hard working masses including your own peiple and u are here supporting him. I feel sorry for you .I am not Igbo but I know when I see something that is wrong I say it the way it is and do not allow my hatred for other tribes to cloud my sense of judgement .
Remember you people are all over the country .So Lagos is not the only state ur kin leaves in.Please stop throwing stones around in the market place .It might touch someone you know .
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by SIONKPO1(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2020
I always say it,the insults Nnamdi KANU and its IPOB supporters dishes out on daily basis,when they are aware that majority of Igbo's thrives outside Igbo land via business and other things
Nnamdi KANU doesn't own any 2/2 shop in nigeria,but he keep inciting violence against other ethnic groups
Biafra will come but Igbo's needs to start looking inward

3 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Yabatechspecial: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2020
Kwashiman:

I very mush doubt you've lived or been to those areas, otherwise you won't be asking how many Igbos Iive in Lekky, VI, Ajah, Magodo etc compared to Hausas? Igbos aside from Yorubas and other Nigerians probably have the highest numbers of residents in those areas you mentioned. Any true Lagos boy that has lived in those areas for a considerable amount of time will know this.

Igbos are not even up to 15% of the residence there and you can argue that yorubas dont occupy like 55% of those places.

4 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2020
Is there any reason not to harmonize the so called taxes? Local government cannot collect levies and also have the Iyaloja as another constituted authority. They should either have the iyaloja or local government levies taxes. But not the two.

So we can either go by traditional Yoruba culture and junk the local government setup as far as markets are concerned.

Taye4j:

Continue to spew trash. Are you deaf that appointing an Iyaloja is part of Yoruba's culture. That is why you need to learn about the culture and tradition of your host community before settling in their midst.

Whether you like it or not, it has come to stay. You are asking what are those levies used for? Maybe you should also ask the Federal Government and your state Governors what they do with the taxes collected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Pacesetter123(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2020
Chrisbella24:
The money these people charge road side traders is so Alarming.

The first day I tried selling on the road, those people collected all my profit from me.

Wow,dats so saddening my sister.Sorry abt dat.De people are heartless.God will help us all.
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by SIONKPO1(m): 10:10am On Jun 09, 2020
AmazingELixir:

If you're not sick in the head you would have realised that Afonjaz also have a very healthy population down south and in other part of the country...but I don't expect you to know that certainly not when you're holed up in that your brown roofed shack with mentality as dull as mud.
most Yoruba's work in government or corporate agencies and very few sells agbo and other petty biz
it will affect ndigbo more
let's preach Love and not Hate

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by PureFace1(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

Yourba people cannot trade at all.

An Igbo man doesn't need to attend a business school to become successful in his business.

How do you know this?

Attitude!

For instance, if you underprice the goods of a Yourba woman, she may even insult you.

Do it with an Igbo man or woman, they will smile and tell you, "Bros, you tried but e no reach the cost price. If you come back tomorrow and you no see me again, you go like am?"

He is simply saying that if he continues selling at that rate, it will run him down.

This is no tribalism; this is a fact!

Yoruba people can not trade at all but I guess it is only Igbo people that are trading in the markets all over Yoruba Land. Keep deceiving yourselves online when it come to business no tribe in Nigeria can match Yoruba, go to the market all over Yoruba Land and see Yoruba people with full stores

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Chrisbella24(f): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2020
Pacesetter123:
Wow,dats so saddening my sis ater.Sorry abt dat.De people are heartless.God will help us all.

Hmmm.

Unless he blows trumpet o.

This thing is not stopping anytime soon.
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by tellwisdom: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2020
Chrisbella24:
The money these people charge road side traders is so Alarming.

The first day I tried selling on the road, those people collected all my profit from me.

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Taye4j: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2020
[quote author=LexngtonSteele post=90472221][/quote]

Why are you crying more than the bereaved? Is it your Tinubu? Go and meet your kerosene and akpu sharing governors. You even have one of your governors giving lands for free to the fulanis and saying it is one Nigeria. Your hypocrisy won't allow you to see that but will rush online to masturbate in Tinubu's matter.

Efulefu people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by DEROX: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2020
tiredoflife:
I grew up with these people
I know them too well
If u think afonja people likes u
U are joking
They are worst then tape worms
Lower than amoeba
The bitterness since pre independence where upon all awolowo did he was reduced to a mere western region premier
While Zik and tafa balewa got governor general and prime minister is still causing them pain
That's why u see this hate for igbos and any tribe after Ore Ondo state

They are not to be trusted
That's why they play the politics of anything that will hurt the better south is fine
Just see how they are wanking on this post
Useless people
Good in one Nigeria we believe God crush any secession agenda your post is good
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Chrisbella24(f): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2020
tellwisdom:

L ol cheesy cheesy cheesy

It wasn't funny jare.

I had to trek home.
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Pacesetter123(m): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2020
Kingspin:
Under the coronavirus pandemic.
Some people have not worked for the last three months.

In a sane world government and agencies are offering tax holiday and other incentives.

Because this season is a trying time for everybody

That's why governor Ben Ayade is de people's governor in terms of tax exemption to SMEs in Cross River
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Just2endowed2(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
Afonjas, lazy set of people, always eating where they did not sow

i taya....agbero collecting free money, monile is there, police collecting too. Na waoh
Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by MENELIIK: 10:14am On Jun 09, 2020
Ahmeduana:
If a child doesn't resemble the mother, the child will definately resemble the father! DEVIL WILL SURELY GIVE BIRTH TO DEVIL undecided undecided undecided

Just like your father

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies by Kwashiman: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2020
Yabatechspecial:

Igbos are not even up to 15% of the residence there and you can argue that yorubas dont occupy like 55% of those places.
Utter bullshit, na you conduct the overall survey to come up with that percentage? have you ever transversed beyond whatever slum you stay in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Wears The "1271' Cap For Tinubu In Nasarawa / Sunny Dike Odogwu Is Dead! / Okorocha, Tinubu Set To Clash Over Ministerial Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.