Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa (8961 Views)

Trailer Loaded With Goats & 30 People From Bauchi, Intercepted In Delta State / Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by NextPresido: 5:19am On Jun 10, 2020
People from 124 countries outside Africa were asked to list names of African countries from memory. These are the results

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:32am On Jun 10, 2020
Not far from the truth..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by winosport: 5:43am On Jun 10, 2020
i knew it had to be south africa since it is the most visited african country

6 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by Beckham14: 6:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Niger is just tapping secretly from Nigeria glory. grin

10 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by Abfinest007(m): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2020
they were able to remember South Africa because d name has Africa in it

4 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by TMKsouth: 10:26am On Jun 10, 2020
I'm surprised they didn't confuse Egypt with the Middle East. That way it would have scored badly.

I'm surprised with SA, quite a whitewash.

Would have thought Kenya would rank higher.

I don't know what to think of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2020
not suprising cool

2 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2020
Abfinest007:
they were able to remember South Africa because d name has Africa in it
If that was the case, the Central African Republic would have been higher up in the list

4 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by TMKsouth: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
If that was the case, the Central African Republic would have been higher up in the list

Nigeria is 3rd coz most people have received an email from a Nigerian prince looking to dispose of his wealth into their bank accounts. grin

5 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by piyoo91: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2020
TMKsouth:

Nigeria is 3rd coz most people have received an email from a Nigerian prince looking to dispose of his wealth into their bank accounts. grin
Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by TMKsouth: 10:55am On Jun 10, 2020
piyoo91:

Didn't get your message.
Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by JaceBlaze: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2020
The county that birthed the greatest man to ever walk the earth,Nelson Mandela.How can anyone forget that?

This data is accurate.

5 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by TMKsouth: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2020
JaceBlaze:
The county that birthed the greatest man to ever walk the earth,Nelson Mandela.How can anyone forget that?

This data is accurate.

AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by James4bright(m): 11:38am On Jun 10, 2020
Some one comes up with a statistics that isn't accurate and all of a sudden it's accepted.

Nigeria is the most recognized country in Africa, with the biggest entertainment industry, the most populous, and lastly the richest man in Africa is Nigerian.

Why do you think Nigerian music is played world wide? How many South African artiste do you know?

Jay Jay Okocha still remains a well known and appreciated football player in the world's history and he's Nigeria.

Just like saying Canada is more recognized than America because it's colder.

7 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by TMKsouth: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:
Some one comes up with a statistics that isn't accurate and all of a sudden it's accepted.

Nigeria is the most recognized country in Africa, with the biggest entertainment industry, the most populous, and lastly the richest man in Africa is Nigerian.

Why do you think Nigerian music is played world wide? How many South African artiste do you know?

Jay Jay Okocha still remains a well known and appreciated football player in the world's history and he's Nigeria.

Just like saying Canada is more recognized than America.

10 million people visit South Africa every year - the most in Africa. How many visit Nigeria? Not even close to a tenth.

So, people are very interested in SA. It might be bitter to swallow but it's a FACT (and not some Jay Jay Okocha theory you just came up with this morning).
Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by Elimon(m): 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
i agree totally with the list..I even thought Egypt was top but i stand corrected...Nelson Mandela, Apartheid,Bishop Desmond Tutu and 2010 world cup can never let South Africa down...Nigeria is at the perfect position because of International 419,looting into Swiss banks,music,old Oil boom, sport and Business..

2 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

Just like saying Canada is more recognized than America.
The biggest entertainment industry in Africa is NOT Nigerian. Having the richest man in Africa is pointless when most of you are dirt poor!

South African music is played worldwide too, we have the best house music in the world and is played in the UK clubs ibiza etc. Your music only has traction worldwide simply because of the number of Nigerians abroad not the quality of the actual music.

While Jay-Jay Okocha was a phenomenal player Africa has also produced Eto'o, Drogba, Essien etc who have won much much more on the international stage. This is just bias

2 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by JaceBlaze: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
Elimon:
i agree totally with the list..I even thought Egypt was top but i stand corrected...Nelson Mandela, Apartheid,Bishop Desmond Tutu and 2010 world cup can never let South Africa down...Nigeria is at the perfect position because of International 419,looting into Swiss banks,music,old Oil boom, sport and Business..

And on top of all that,South Africa has Trevor Noah shooling the world on SA and its history.

2 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
TMKsouth:

10 million people visit South Africa every year - the most in Africa. How many visit Nigeria? Not even close to a tenth.

So, people are very interested in SA. It might be bitter to swallow but it's a FACT (and not some Jay Jay Okocha theory you just came up with this morning).
Bro, where are the biggest sporting held in Africa to date? In fact we are the only country in the world to have hosted the Rugby, Soccer and Cricket World Cups, many Hollywood movies are also shot in South Africa and we also double as other African countries in movies, don't be surprised in the future, a scene that's supposed to depict Nigeria filmed in SA than the actual Nigeria ncoz we fly like thtat cool Everyone worth their salt in the world goes to SA either perform or for vacation not Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by James4bright(m): 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
TMKsouth:

France is a great country to behold, but doesn't make France better than America or more known. And why do y'all brag about South Africa like your black ancestors built it, the whites are your supremacists and they built that country.

That's why Master KG is all over Burna boys ass begging him to feature him. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by James4bright(m): 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
The biggest entertainment industry in Africa is NOT Nigerian. Having the richest man in Africa is pointless when most of you are dirt poor!

South African music is played worldwide too, we have the best house music in the world and is played in the UK clubs ibiza etc. Your music only has traction worldwide simply because of the number of Nigerians abroad not the quality of the actual music.

While Jay-Jay Okocha was a phenomenal player Africa has also produced Eto'o, Drogba, Essien etc who have won much much more on the international stage. This is just bias

Nigeria would always beat South Africans to everything. Our GDP is the highest in the whole of Africa.

I don't know shit about South Africa but y'all know so much about Nigerians. So how can you be more recognized than us. Lol

Which football player has SA produced that can be comparable with Nigerian football players?

Nollywood is recognized world wide. I don't even know if South Africans even have a movie industry. Lol

No one knows anything about South Africans except the fact that they are xenophobic. Xenophobia got y'all famous.

7 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by James4bright(m): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Bro, where are the biggest sporting held in Africa to date? In fact we are the only country in the world to have hosted the Rugby, Soccer and Cricket World Cups, many Hollywood movies are also shot in South Africa and we also double as other African countries in movies, don't be surprised in the future, a scene that's supposed to depict Nigeria filmed in SA than the actual Nigeria ncoz we fly like thtat cool Everyone worth their salt in the world goes to SA either perform or for vacation not Nigeria.

Hollywood movies shot in SA? That's a fib and an enormous lie. South Africans don't even have a movie industry.
Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

Nigeria would always beat South Africans to everything. Our GDP is the highest in the whole of Africa.

I don't know shit about South Africa but y'all know so much about Nigerians. So how can you be more recognized than us. Lol

Which football player has SA produce that can be comparable with Nigerian football players?

Nollywood is recognized world wide. I don't even know if South Africans even have a movie industry. Lol

No one knows anything about South Africans except the fact that they are xenophobic. Xenophobia got y'all famous.
Lmfao. This one is deluded, where exactly do you beat us? You are the ones who are behind us in everything, virtually on every HDI coefficient be it electricity, infrastructure, literacy, sanitation, water etc so where exactly do you best us? You are embarrassing.

You don't know shit about SA as you say, ...and it clearly shows. We are just not just recognized, we are the gateway to Africa and all things first. Watch when we are the first Africans to host the Olympics.

You are better in football, "national team" football to be specific no one disputed that but we still have the best, richest and most organized football league in Africa where even some of your players make a living, don't forget we also have legends of our own! Lucas Radebe remains a legend at Leeds to this day, we've also had the likes of McCarthy, Steven Pienaar, Quinton Fortune etc, these players were world class, talk less of being comparable to Nigerians. Football is game of cycles, our turn to dominate will surely come, we were once number 1 team in Africa and 16th in the world

And Nollywood lmao. Please...the only reason is a big industry is because you guys churn out 100 movies a day but again the quality is not there, the saturated witchcraft storylines, the poor acting, audio, cameraworkmassive plot holes, the actors are screaming etc.. South African TV dramas and soapies shit all over your biggest and your industry as a whole.

8 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by TMKsouth: 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

France is a great country to behold, but doesn't make France better than America or more known. And why do y'all brag about South Africa like your black ancestors built it, the whites are your supremacists and they built that country.

That's why Master KG is all over Burna boys ass begging him to feature him. Lol.

I was wondering how soon you were gonna begin suck*ng white d*ck. You did it in record time!

Anyway, let me skool you for Mahala. Westerns don't come to SA for skyscrapers - they have better ones back home. They come here to interact with the people and enjoy our vibrant cultures, music and food. They come to the land of Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Shaka Zulu to name just a few of the incredible human beings we brought the world. No Nigerian comes even close to these great black South Africans. The Zulu are the most famous African tribe together with the Massai and the Nubians. You guys come way further down that list.

The sooner you wake up and admit to yourself that Nigeria is nothing like America the sooner you'll stop with these Canada and France metaphors. Your country is well positioned in the centre of the continent and far closer to Europe geographically and yet no one wants to come there.

And like I said before, the only reason you are the 3rd most known African country is mostly due to your 419 scams. Everyone in the world has received atleast one email or sms from your country. Now there you are the America of the world - I give it to you. Take a bow.

4 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

Hollywood movies shot in SA? That's a fib and an enormous lie. South Africans don't even have a movie industry.
Lmfao! grin Dude seriously do you live under a rock of something? You clearly weren't bluffing when you said you know little about my country. Here's some of the movies shot in SA, if only you knew Sandton has even doubled for Los Angeles before

District 9
Dredd
Blended
Invictus
Avengers: Rise of Ultron ( I was there when this was filmed downtown Joburg, Fox Street)
Bloodshot ( starring Vin Diesel)
Chronicle
Resident Evil
Queen of Katwe
The Bang Bang club
Crappie
The Dark Tower ( starring Idris Elba)
Escape Room
Safe House ( starring Denzel Washington)
Tomb Raider
Maze Runner

The list is endless...

7 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

and oh by the way how can we have an Oscar without a movie industry? Your movies are just glorified home videos shot with camcoders

4 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by James4bright(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Lmfao. This one is deluded, where exactly do you beat us? You are the ones who are behind us in everything, virtually on every HDI coefficient be it electricity, infrastructure, literacy, sanitation, water etc so where exactly do you best us? You are embarrassing.

You don't know shit about SA as you say, ...and it clearly shows. We are just not just recognized, we are the gateway to Africa and all things first. Watch when we are the first Africans to host the Olympics.

You are better in football, "national team" football to be specific no one disputed that but we still have the best, richest and most organized football league in Africa where even some of your players make a living, don't forget we also have legends of our own, Lucas Radebe remains a legend at Leeds to this day, we've also had the likes of McCarthy, Steven Pienaar, Quinton Fortune etc, these players were world class, talk less of being comparable to Nigerians. Football is game of cycles, our turn to dominate will surely come, we were once number 1 team in Africa and 16th in the world

And Nollywood lmao. Please, the only reason is a big industry is because you guys churn out 100 movies a day but again the quality is not there, the saturated witchcraft storylines, the poor acting, audio, camerawork massive plot holes etc South African TV dramas and soapies shit all over your biggest movies

Ghanaian movie industry is even more recognized internationally than SA's movie industry. Only y'all watch your movies, no sane African watches South African movies.

Nigerians in SA got so rich that y'all hated them so much that you had to loot their shops to survive. Are South Africans that hungry?

The day a South African artiste would be bigger than a Nigerian artiste. And your invaluable entertainment industry finally gets little recognition, then I'd agree that South Africa is more recognized internationally than Nigerians.

Nigerians are being regarded as the only African country that takes up the most prominent degrees in the US Universities. Google that, and SA's don't even migrate, damn.

SA Music industry 0%

Movie industry 0%

Literates 0%

xenophobia 1000%

Looting 1000%

A white man's investment 100%

Black South Africans investment 0%.

And y'all got huge recognition for Rape too. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by James4bright(m): 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
and oh by the way how can we have an Oscar without a movie industry? Your movies are just glorified home videos shot with camcoders

And you watch them, isn't that recognition? Lol
Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by James4bright(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
TMKsouth:

I was wondering how soon you were gonna begin suck*ng white d*ck. You did it in record time!

Anyway, let me skool you for Mahala. Westerns don't come to SA for skyscrapers - they have better ones back home. They come here to interact with the people and enjoy our vibrant cultures, music and food. They come to the land of Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Shaka Zulu to name just a few of the incredible human beings we brought the world. No Nigerian comes even close to these great black South Africans. The Zulu are the most famous African tribe together with the Massai and the Nubians. You guys come way further down that list.

The sooner you wake up and admit to yourself that Nigeria is nothing like America the sooner you'll stop with these Canada and France metaphors. Your country is well positioned in the centre of the continent and far closer to Europe geographically and yet no one wants to come there.

And like I said before, the only reason you are the 3rd most known African country is mostly due to your 419 scams. Everyone in the world has received atleast one email or sms from your country. Now there you are the America of the world - I give it to you. Take a bow.

The same clueless South Africans that couldn't free themselves from the apartheid era without the aid of Nigerians.

The whites built your country, don't brag about something you black South Africans have no contributions to.

Without the whites your country would be a void dark hole. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by TMKsouth: 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

The same clueless South Africans that couldn't free themselves from the apartheid era without the aid of Nigerians.

The whites built your country, don't brag about something you black South Africans have no contributions to.

Without the whites your country would be a void dark hole. Lol

Do you see how dumb you are? You're returning with white worship when I gave you plenty reasons to show black culture and history is the one drawing in visitors to SA. Someone else here even mentioned the soccer World Cup. I guess according to you it's the whites that built that football infrastructure and made this one of the most memorable world cups of all time.

Seriously dude, I hope you wear a condom everytime you're pleasuring your white masters.

BTW, South Africans freed themselves. How can a country that cant defeat Boko Haram defeat apartheid? Keep dreaming loser!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

Ghanaian movie industry is even more recognized internationally than SA's movie industry. Only y'all watch your movies, no sane African watches South African movies.

Nigerians in SA got so rich that y'all hated them so much that you had to loot their shops to survive. Are South Africans that hungry?

The day a South African artiste would be bigger than a Nigerian artiste. And your invaluable entertainment industry finally gets little recognition, then I'd agree that South Africa is more recognized internationally than Nigerians.

Nigerians are being regarded as the only African country that takes up the most prominent degrees in the US Universities. Google that, and SA's don't even migrate, damn.

SA Music industry 0%

Movie industry 0%

Literates 0%

xenophobia 1000%

Looting 1000%

A white man's investment 100%

Black South Africans investment 0%.

And y'all got huge recognition for Rape too. Lol
I think you my friend are an illiterate sorry, too gumshoe for my liking. For a movie to be internationally recognized it has to be recognized by relevant bodies, by that I mean, it has to be screened at the biggest movie festivals like your Cannes or Berlin festivals or win an Oscar, that it's as much as recognition can get. South African movies are a permanent fixture at these festivals while Nigerian " movies" are nowhere to be seen because they aren't " movies" in the real sense but more like high school sketch grin

An overwhelming number of Nigerians in South Africa aren't rich stop believing your own hype. If Nigerians were as rich as you say, they would be owning houses in places like Umhlanga, Camps Bay etc in their numbers, but they are cramped in slums like Hillbrow, Pointe, Berea, Yeovil etc. Where there's a large number of Nigerians you'll notice by the general untidiness such is the characteristic of the aforementioned places

By artists you mean Davido and Wizkid and the rest that sound exactly like them? Nasty C alone is bigger than your whole hip hop industry. Black Coffee alone is bigger than your whole dance music scene (if you have) Benjamin Dube is bigger than your whole gospel scene. You don't have variety in music therefore have no business comparing yourselves to us, forget popularity

You' guys will brag about Nigerians who hold US degrees till Jesus comes back. The fact that those same Nigerians would be bothered to plough back to their country of origin says a lot about how they view their own country and the level of your own tertiary institutions. Someone with a degree at University of Cape Town can get a job anywhere in the world can a unilag graduate say the same?

You don't migrate, you flee. Difference

5 Likes

Re: Most Popular African Countries To People From Outside Africa by IronGalaxy: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
James4bright:

And you watch them, isn't that recognition? Lol
watching something and having seen something are two different things m.oron. I've seen a Telemundo show I don't watch Telemendo. Comprehente?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which City Has The Highest Number Of Hotels In Nigeria / Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! / Photo Of Bad Road In U.K. Brings More Photos Of Bad Roads Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.