Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Fear No More - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fear No More (31508 Views)

People Using Expensive Iphones Fear No Dey Catch Una(pics) / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION:lets Fix Your Fear Of Beautiful Women. / Let's Discuss!!!! What's Your Fear About Your Current Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear No More by SolaRaphael: 1:52am On Nov 20, 2020
Four weeks after he had recovered from his ailment, Guba was full of life. At his mechanic workshop, he really must face the streams of mechanical work that were coming his way. He had not heard from Sam for some time and neither had any special assignment come from him.

He was however getting good and steady income from his workshop.

A Honda car was driven inside the workshop. A woman neatly dressed in office wears came down. Guba quickly left the vehicle he was working on to attend to her.

'Good morning, madam.'

'Yeah, good morning. My gear box has a problem and you should fix it.'

Guba nodded. 'Is that all.'

'Yeah, I think that's all.'

He nodded. 'That is no problem, madam.'

The woman had brought her car around before, but she was not a regular customer.

'I'm going to work. By evening, I'll be back. Do the work well, please.'

'No problem. Your car will be in perfect condition by the time you come back.'

She handed the car key to him and was off. In his mind, he decided he would bill her high and get the best from the deal. Though Guba's
charges were always high, he was good in his job and always gave customers satisfaction.

Towards noon, he received a call from his mother at Shaare.

'Your wife has just delivered a bouncing baby,' she informed.

'Ah, praise be to Allah,' he exclaimed. 'Alhamudulilai.'

'Both mother and baby are in good health.'

'Praise be to God. Boy or girl?'

'A girl.'

It was the second girl he was having. He wished he could have a boy now, but shrugged. This must be Allah's wish.

'Alhamudulilahi,' he repeated.

Seven weeks after her affairs with Sam, Madam Kashi went to consult with the family doctor in a private hospital at Ikeja.

'Congratulations, madam,' Doctor Bright said, as he handed the medical results to her. 'You're six weeks pregnant.'

She got the report from him and briefly read through. 'Ah, that's good,' she said, smiling.

The doctor nodded. 'Indeed, it is good news. Finally, Ayomide will be having a younger one.'

'Yes, o.'

She was indeed glad about the news.

'I'm sure, chief will be highly delighted about the development.'

She nodded. 'He will be. That's the thing I will call to inform him about as soon as I leave here.'

She was still all smiles as she left the doctor's consulting room. She went to the parking space where Sam had parked the car and was waiting.

She however had no plan to share the news with him. It was when she got to the confines of her small office at the Opebi shop that she put a
call to her husband to inform him.

'The doctor has confirmed the pregnancy test I did to be positive,' she informed. 'I'm six weeks pregnant.'

'Oh, that's great news. Thank God that we've finally got our desire.'

'Yes, we thank God.'

There was a slight pause. 'That means I will have to withdraw his service as your driver.'

She knew what he meant. 'Yes.'

There was another slight pause. 'Don't worry. I'll handle everything from my end.'

'Okay.'

Chief Kashi disconnected the line, grinning to himself. It was a successful venture. He picked up his phone and put a call across to one of his
henchmen, Guba.

'Thanks for the day,' Madam Kashi said as she collected the car keys from Sam.

'Good night, ma'am.' Despite the secret intimacy between them, he was still very respectful.

She nodded. Sam walked to the gate of the magnificent building, bided the security man good night and passed through the gate. He was still
walking towards the main gate of the estate when his phone rang. It was Guba calling him.

'Oh boy, na wa o,' Guba said as a way of greeting. 'Long time no see.'

'Guba, how you dey?'

'I thank God o. I’m fine.'

'Sorry I didn't call you all this while,' Sam said. 'It's because no special task yet.'

Guba laughed shortly. 'I understand, now. I trust you that once there’s job, you will call me.'

'Yeah. That's right.'

'Oh boy, I dey celebration mood o. Why don't we meet at that our joint at Ketu? The one that is close to Ile-ile bus stop.'

'Oh, that will be marvelous.'

'Yeah. I’m there right now. Let us meet there. Everything that you drink will be on my account.'

'Really? For sure, I will be there.'

'Okay, I’ll be expecting you.'

'Yeah. See you.'

Sam whistled to himself as he cut the line. Guba must indeed be in a celebration for him to offer to pay for his drinks. For all the times they had
been to the joint together, he - Sam - was the one paying for drinks and pepper soup. Well, it was good that something different was about to happen.

Fear No More: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_18/34302

2 Likes

Re: Fear No More by Zamar: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nice
Re: Fear No More by FairCritic(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2020
Interesting story.
Re: Fear No More by UltimateSpice: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2020
Interesting
Re: Fear No More by SolaRaphael: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2020
Sam whistled to himself as he cut the line. Guba must indeed be in a celebration for him to offer to pay for his drinks.

For all the times they had been to the joint together, he - Sam - was the one paying for drinks and pepper soup. Well, it was good that something different was about to happen.

Darkness was fast approaching by the time Sam got to the joint.

'Over here!' Guba called as soon as Sam stepped inside the bar hall. Sam grinned and moved over to him.

'You're welcome. Sit down and join me in the jolly-jolly,' Guba said.

Sam shook hands with him. Apart from a big bottle of stout, Guba also had a plate containing pieces of suya meat in his front. He appeared to be chewing some meats in his mouth.

'I can see that you're enjoying yourself very well,' Sam said.

'Yes o. I'm happy. In fact, you can have the whole suya to yourself.' He pushed the plate containing the suya meats to Sam's side of the table. 'Eat to your fill. I'll order for more.'

'Guba Guba. Tell me, what are you celebrating?'
Guba smiled expansively. 'My brother, I'm celebrating the fact that a customer asked me to sell a car for him. The deal was a success and I made over two hundred thousand naira from it. Just one deal!'

'Amazing.' Sam took a good chunk from the suya and ate it. 'The suya has excellent taste.'

'Of course. I always go for the best. O ya, order for the beer you want.'

Sam gave the order. The two friends drank, ate and chatted for several minutes. After about twenty minutes, Guba suddenly looked anxious.

'Oh God, I'm sorry, I have to leave. It's like I forget the nylon bag I kept my money inside the boot of the Honda car I was working on in my workshop. I have to go to the workshop to retrieve it.'

'You forgot money in the boot of a car?' Sam asked incredibly.

'Yes. Silly me.' He stood up and beckoned at the sales girl. 'Here, take this.' He handed some money to her. 'Give my friend more drinks. That money should take care of all expenses.'

He smiled at Sam. 'Let me hurry back to the workshop before anything happens to the money. Don't worry; tomorrow we'll continue the celebration.'

'Guba, the Guba!' Sam hailed. They shook hands again and Guba left. Sam settled down with his drinks.

On an impulse, he decided to wrap the suya and take it home. Why was it that he was having a feeling that something was not right? First, he was having that feeling when he was with Madam Kashi. As Guba departed, he was having that feeling again.

He finished his first bottle and decided he would take no more. The sales girl approached with a tray of another bottle, but he shook his head.

'I've had enough for today. That will be some other time.'

'But he had paid for your drinks,' the girl said.
'Yes, I know. Keep the change.'

He left the place, went to the nearest bus stop and took a bus going to Ikorodu. It was when they were close to Ogolonto that the first pang of stomach ache came.
By the time he got down in his area, the ache had become severe. He moved with difficulty to his flat and was searching for the door key when Bisi came.

Fear No More https://okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_18/34302
Re: Fear No More by SolaRaphael: 11:22am On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Fear No More by Awesome05: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
Nice update
Re: Fear No More by CasNova: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
Cool
Re: Fear No More by FairCritic(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2020
Nice
Re: Fear No More by Awesome05: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Good work
Re: Fear No More by ThrillPlus: 2:36am On Dec 02, 2020
Interesting
Re: Fear No More by FairCritic(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2020
More.
Re: Fear No More by tonysunkan: 12:52am On Dec 04, 2020
Nice one
Re: Fear No More by SolaRaphael: 1:09am On Dec 04, 2020
He left the place, went to the nearest bus stop and took a bus going to Ikorodu. It was when they were close to Ogolonto that the first pang of stomach ache came. By the time he got down in his area, the ache had become severe. He moved with difficulty to his flat and was searching for the door key when Bisi came.

'Good evening, love.'

He turned slowly around. 'Good evening.'

Her countenance instantly changed. 'What happened?'

'I have stomach ache,' he said, wincing in pain.

'My God, you look terrible.'

'I think it's something I ate,' he said. His mind screamed at him that it was the suya. He still had the remaining ones wrapped in nylon. Damn!

'Is that so? Wait, one minute.' She dashed inside her apartment and soon re-emerged with a small bottle of palm oil. She opened the lid,
scooped some in the lid and put it to his mouth. Thrice, her hand made the trip to his mouth while he sucked the oil.

'Give me a moment.' She quickly went inside her apartment again, emerged with her purse and locked the door.

'I know of a good hospital around here. Let's go.'

She had to support him as they walked to the hospital, for the ache had become unbearable. He was quickly admitted and was lucky the doctor
was around. The prompt intervention of Bisi prevented what would have been a premeditated murder.

When Guba left Sam, he became very restive. Of course, he had lied about having a cause to celebrate and making big profit from selling a car.
It was true he had made two hundred thousand naira, but it had nothing to do with sale of a car.

Earlier in the day, Chief Kashi had summoned him to his Ketu office that he had a big task for him. When he had met the chief, he had given him two hundred thousand naira and a powder like substance.

'Lure Sam to a place or invite him somewhere. Lace his food or drinks with the substance,' the chief had said.

'Sam? The same Sam?' Guba could not believe his ears.

'Yes, Sam. The same Sam. He has committed a very grievous offence and he had to be eliminated. That is your task. You must execute it well
without hitches.'

That was the task Chief Kashi had given him. Guba shrugged and collected the money and the substance. No one needed to tell him that it was
poison.

'The substance will not work immediately,' the chief had said further. 'But within thirty minutes to one hour, the effects will manifest.'

Sam was his good pally, but in a matter like this, friendship would play a minor role. He had a task to carry out. He had been paid for the task,
and it must be done.

Now, after the deed had been done, he started feeling remorseful. He hoped Sam would leave the joint before the poison would have effects.
Even if he was still there, was there a way somebody would link him with him? Had he not left the place before the 'thing' happened?

To suppress his worries, he brought a dose of some drugs and took them. Within minutes, he had no worries. He even felt very excited. Let Sam
go to hell and rot there.

Re: Fear No More by aprilwise(m): 7:25am On Dec 04, 2020
Sam will survive and fight back. Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More by Zamar: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nice update.
Re: Fear No More by CasNova: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
Interesting story
Re: Fear No More by Saturn101: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2020
Cool story
Re: Fear No More by kweensheba: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Fear No More by BigBasher: 5:06am On Dec 11, 2020
Next please
Re: Fear No More by SolaRaphael: 6:23am On Dec 12, 2020
Now, after the deed had been done, he started feeling remorseful. He hoped Sam would leave the joint before the poison would have effects.

Even if he was still there, was there a way somebody would link him with him? Had he not left the place before the 'thing' happened?

To suppress his worries, he brought a dose of some drugs and took them. Within minutes, he had no worries. He even felt very excited. Let Sam go to hell and rot there.

The person that was really worried about Sam was Madam Kashi. That evening, she had a heart-to-heart talk with her husband late in the night when he returned from work.

'You're not to communicate with Sam or have anything to do with him again,' Chief Kashi said.

'You're not even to call his line. He has completed his task, and as far as I'm concerned, his usefulness is over.'

She nodded. 'But what exactly are you planning to do with him? Do you want to lay him off or what?'

He chuckled. 'You don't worry about him. He will be taken care of. We don't want any loophole, so he really must be taken care of.'

Her heart skipped a beat. Though she had no concrete evidence, she believed and knew that her husband was capable of carrying out terrible deed.

She wondered how he wanted to deal with Sam. The coition factor apart, she was beginning to like Sam. She however knew better than to show such affection. Somehow, she felt she had to protect Sam, but how? Besides, she must be careful. Her husband must not suspect that she had developed some affection for him.

It was the voice of Bisi that woke Sam up the following morning. She was talking to a nurse when he was aroused from sleep.

'Good morning, dear, how're you?' Bisi had been using endearments for him since Jenni eased out of his life. Of course, Bisi was glad about the whole development.

Sam looked at her and smiled wanly. 'Good morning,' he replied. 'Thanks for everything.'
Indeed, he had reason to thank her.

'How're you this morning,' the nurse greeted.

'Fine.'

Some minutes later, the doctor came to examine him.

'Lucky you,' he said. 'You've just survived poison in food. Thank your star you were brought here on time. You could have died.'

Re: Fear No More by SeyiDominion: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2020
Interesting story
Re: Fear No More by UltimateSpice: 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
Interesting story
Re: Fear No More by luckyedgal1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nice one
quote author=UltimateSpice post=96996273]Interesting story[/quote]
Re: Fear No More by Awesome05: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Interesting
Re: Fear No More by Zamar: 6:42am On Dec 15, 2020
Nice one
Re: Fear No More by LoveToRead: 3:39am On Dec 16, 2020
Ride on.
Re: Fear No More by SolaRaphael: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2020
Some minutes later, the doctor came to examine him.

'Lucky you,' he said. 'You've just survived poison in food. Thank your star you were brought here on time. You could have died.'

Sam nodded. His mind was troubled over one thing: why would Guba want him dead?

He was convinced beyond any doubt that the suya meats Guba gave him the previous night were spiced with poison. But why would Guba, his supposed associate and friend, want to kill him?

What could be his offence?

'You will soon be discharged,' the doctor said. 'But continue to take your drugs for the next four days. Meanwhile, be careful about what you eat or drink. Always eat and drink from reliable source.'

Sam nodded. The doctor was right. Bisi remained with him until he was given his bill and discharged. He still had his wallet and phones in his pocket, although the phones were switched off.

He upset the medical expenses and with Bisi, his new heartthrob, left the clinic. When he got home, he switched the phones on. Bisi went to the kitchen to prepare custard for him.

Even as he switched on the phone, he was unsure of what to do. He was still in this state of dilly dally when his phone rang. It was an unknown number, but he quickly picked it up.

'Hello?'

'Hello, is that you Sam?'

He instantly recognized the voice. It was Madam Dupe Kashi's own.

'Listen, Sam,’ she said quickly. ‘Don't ask any question and don't ever reveal to anybody that I called to warn you. God knows I'm doing this to satisfy my conscience. Your life is in danger; a serious danger. I will advise you to slip away. Yes, for now, just go far away from your residence and place of work. Just do as I said.'

'But I don't understand,' he said. 'Who wants to kill me? Why? What was my offence? Why ...?'

The line had already been cut off. He called the number back, but it never went through. Damn! Now, what could he make of this puzzle? Some hours ago, Guba tried to kill him by poisoning him. Just now, the wife of his boss called to warn that he should go away from his residence and his working place.

Everything pointed to the fact that his boss and employer was the one plotting to eliminate him. But why? Why would Chief Kashi want to get rid of him?

He thought he was the boss' confidant and most reliable aide. He had even been trying to father a child for him and he, Sam, had been promised something as a reward for the effort. Was this the reward? Was this the reward for helping a man to be a man?

1 Like

Re: Fear No More by tonysunkan: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nice update.
Re: Fear No More by Reuben700: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
Very interesting story
Re: Fear No More by Zamar: 1:08am On Dec 18, 2020
Reuben700:
Very interesting story
Re: Fear No More by kweensheba: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2020
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leaked Pics From The Nairaland Broke Party! Enter Here!!!!!!! / Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? / "Men Are Scum" Association Members Now Getting Married, Nigerian Lady Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.