Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,375 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92059 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ayamsuperstar: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
One of reason am worried about marrying from some family .What their own Son could not achieve in 10yrs they will put on their in -laws
.....Slothful entitled family.
The Man is passing thru hell i believe,but like the way he stood his ground.that's the only way for them not to push him into arm robbery
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Wickedfacts: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
That wife belongs to your husband, your foolish brother is a mere caretaker. The day of stories is still coming.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by tiswell(m): 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Zabiboy:

So some men are still getting married to idle and jobless ladies...
IT IS WELL....
She doesnt contribute financially but wants to contribute to the decision-making process of how finances are spent angry
WOMEN WOULD EMBARRASS YOU....

Someone should pass me that spitting meme sad
Here you go, take it!

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by gbagyiza: 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Madam, I am 10 years now in this institution called marriage n there r many that senior me commenting here also. Please, I plead with u to save your home from collapsing due to your family influence in your marriage. Truth be told the moment you got married to your husband your responsibilities have shifted from your parent to your husband, your husband has nothing to do with your family financial burden. He can from time to time assist them but it is not mandatory for him to do that. Apply wisdom in this whole thing before you make your husband lost interest in you.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by nextstep(m): 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
oluwasegun007:
The truth and bitter truth is that he doesn't love u...

When you love a woman, you love everything about her which includes her people.

Na bros... I love my woman no mean say I will put hand for fire. After all, if she loves me as she claims, she won't put all these burdens only on me, and will work hard to share the load... she went to school too abi? These are not the 1920s where women were denied opportunity for education and employment. Let her love me enough to provide for her family.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by busomma: 11:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
I hope ur marriage lasts cos at this early stage u hv started stressing ur husband to breaking point. First of all,ur parents sold u to this man if I may say so. How could ur parents let this man spend close to #600k for lists not minding that both of u hv to feed after marriage? Ur parents hv enjoyed all ur husband could've done for them upfront. My dear, u're not adding any value to this man's life. Ur husband don't owe any obligation to ur parents & ur siblings whatsoever. Ur brother should man up, just like ur husband did & raise money to marry his wife. U better apologize to ur husband for being so short sighted.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Globalistic(f): 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
If you ask me, I will say your husband is a very nice man from all your posts but your family including you brought out the madness in him.

I could remember when I wanted to do my TM, my list was huge but when I met with my in-laws and told them what I could offer, they understood with me and today, my parents in-laws do not need to request for support as I willingly do it to a point my wife kept complaining that I am spending more for them than my own parents.

Mrs., how dare your father assessed your husband #120,000? If I were your husband, I won't give a dine because your parents and siblings felt to admit the fact that tomorrow will surely come. Kindly, make peace with ur husband else...

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by 9gerian: 11:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
It appears her marriage to the man was actually a poverty alleviation program as her whole family now depends on him for survival. And it’s even mandatory from the stance of the family and their daughter.

No shame whatsoever.

What a culture, what a family! angry

Biglittlelois:
If the husband should contribute 120k out of 400k, how much will the remaining family members contribute, particularly the huncle getting married? Nawa o.

4 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Euegene100001: 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
Very shameless indeed must be from the east. No tribalism intended but that’s what they do.
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Sonoyom(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
This woman is not ashamed of showing her stvpidity in public. Imagine the effrontery, she doesn't have a job or business, she contributes nothing to the growth of the family finances. A grown man wants to get married and the father has to share the financial burden amongst everyone he is acquainted with, i am more than perplexed at this point.
Please guys don't marry a woman that has no source of income and also observe the family first before going there. The man cannot even raise 400k neither can his son and he collected 580k. I just hope this is one of those cook and bull stories we hear everyday.
Poverty is truly the worst sickness we have on the face of the earth after ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Tonnierichy(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19
That's what you get when you marry from some tribes in Nigeria. Una know una sef
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by DivineTurnAroun(f): 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Chai some people self
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by obailala(m): 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19
Reading this story just got me restlessly angry. angry
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.

You can say again. What a wicked and irresponsible family. You, your father and your brother are idiots

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by MadeMan01(m): 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is the sense of entitlement we talk about. When your husband was getting married, your father insisted on the high cost as tradition without bothering how the would be son in law would cope and raise such sum now his own son is getting married, you are calling your husband.
If I'm you husband, I would tell your father it is tradition, let your son marry. Anyone who wants to marry should do so with the responsibilities, not borrowing or begging. You are not even helping matters. Your family is irresponsible

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Larryallfather(m): 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
elektra:
You and Your family are a bunch of entitled clowns.

Why should your husband be paying your parents salary? Are they his employees? What are they doing for him? Your mouth did not even heavy you to ask, seeing as you are a not bringing in any income. Your head is not correct at all.

Your father sef! When he was insisting on >500K he did not think of the future. Now the same fate has befallen his son. Shame did not catch him to demand money from his in-law? Your father is a shameless man.
580k, useless old man
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ooe33: 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
This post got me angry.
Firstly, I am sorry for that guy, cos he married an insensible woman. That don't want his progress.
why should he send Dem money? even if he has enough.
Secondly I think her family isn't that stupid enough to share and allot 120k to him. Maybe they sent it to their daughter wey dey form BIG WOMAN, the girl in turn gave it to her husband.

But how can someone be billed 400k, and another person,NOT RELATED is expected to cough out nearly half of that sum? What will he gain from the act? Abi Him go follow Fnck the bride?

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Donald3d(m): 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
bong4:

Can you just imagine. My guy worked like Jacob to marry her and they still want to milk the guy.
grin
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Abdogood(m): 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Married wey never reach one year you wan use ur hand scatteram. Madam abeg get sense. Plan with the man. Support him by getting a job and build a better lives.

If you continue this self entitlement you will loss your hubby to another in no time. Go and resolve with him before he get too late.

See the comments so far nau. None support your angel of the story. Meaning there is more to this bullshit the poor hubby is getting from u and family.

Please get sense. You can even borrow small sense
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chika0072(m): 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Biglittlelois:
If the husband should contribute 120k out of 400k, how much will the remaining family members contribute, particularly the huncle getting married? Nawa o.
The funniest reply yet to see.... You make me laugh

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by EncoreTrades(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
Other comments have said it all but deciding not to talk to your husband or to live like a strange because he refuse to support your brother wedding is insane...

Your father and brother need to figure that out...the energy you are building towards hating your husband action...go and use it to find work and raise money for your brother...
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by nel4k(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
So unfortunate. Contribute 120k for a grown man that decides to get married as N.a. Ashabi or committee of friend..lol. How much did your parents contribute please. My dear, get sense.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by duality(m): 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
abbey621:
LISTEN UP BOYS & MEN, NEVER EVER MARRY A LIABILITY! By liability I'm not only talking about your partner but her family as well! Any family that sees their daughter as a financial tool instead of prioritizing her happiness should be feared, this type of family not only holds a strong leash on your wife but you as well, the more you fight it, the more unhappy your wife becomes and ultimately she either leaves you or frustrates your entire existence.....ONCE AGAIN NEVER EVER MARRY A LIABILITY!

You are right. There are some who will manipulated the young man by throwing words to his hearing, like " hope he's not the stingy type"
"Hope he's a supportive son" etc.

Words like that is just to put the young man under pressure to go out of his way to give out money.

I was discussing with my classes mate during his traditional marriage, .. he alluded to them seeing him as stingy, so he was pressured to release money. We had to start arranging money for him to carry on with his wedding.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Parablesonmarble: 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
DominusPrime:
Before I say anything when your husband wanted to get married which of your own brothers contributed to the wedding? Now your own brother, a full grown man like your husband wants to get married and they want to bill him another 120k? A man who is managing 70k salary? Anyway I blame your husband. You are earning 70k per month and you went to marry from a poor family. Their demands will definitely be higher than you can afford. Like I always say poverty dey kill love!!! It is better to cut your coat according to your cloth than deceive yourself to marry with poverty hugging you because you are in love. Sheybe the love dey help una foot una bills nah? Even if the wife gets a job things will never be the same. Even if the man gets a higher well paid job they will either hate him for the previous way he treated them or milk him more as money don come...

Result.....sir, you have successfully convinced and not confused us that love is never enough. There are other very important factors to consider before jumping into marriage, including but not limited to your financial capability, emotional maturity of all parties involved and level of understanding of key people involved.
On behalf of the panel of judges, I announce that you have won. Debate over and case closed. Gbam.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by babajero(m): 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
You and your family are ingrates.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by profbayo: 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
Yeye Family everywhere.... They ain't ready to do anything if they r waiting for 120k from someone earning 70k per month.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by obailala(m): 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ooe33:
This post got me angry.
Firstly, I am sorry for that guy, cos he married an insensible woman. That don't want his progress.
why should he send Dem money? even if he has enough.
Secondly I think her family isn't that stupid enough to share and allot 120k to him. Maybe they sent it to their daughter wey dey form BIG WOMAN, the girl in turn gave it to her husband.

But how can someone be billed 400k, and another person,NOT RELATED is expected to cough out nearly half of that sum? What will he gain from the act? Abi Him go follow Fnck the bride?
Thank God I'm not the only one in this anger. I'm still amazed at how reading a mere story (which is probably fiction) could get me so infuriated; I almost just smashed a glass cup after reading the story. grin

4 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by jubrilELsudan: 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
YOU ARE VERY STUPID.

BUT YOUR HUSBAND IS STUPIDER TO HAVE PAID THAT LARGE SUM OF MONEY AS YOUR BRIDE PRICE.

THE MOST GENEROUS HE COULD HAVE DONE WAS TO PAY YOUR BRIDE PRICE WITH AGBALUMO.

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by easyzworld: 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
The only responsible person in this narration is your husband. Life is give and take! Now your father has forgotten when he was tradition at his sitting room?

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Angrymode: 11:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
I rebuke every provocative spirit in this thread. The girl is worse than her family members for being very stupid.

The husband deserves a bottle of cold beer for standing his ground

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by bsanya(f): 11:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Swallow your pride and apologise to your husband...
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by jamesbridget13(f): 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
I beg i think you are kidding me. Your dad asked ur hubby to contribute 120k for ur bros bride to be bride price? Lolz. Then how much did your bro save up for himself?

I beg ur bro n ur family can go n look for d money. Ur hubby owes them a wedding gift which has to be what he can give.

If you were working, good n fine! You for give them but since you aren't. Pls allow d gentleman be. He just finished his 8 months ago for heavens sake. Do you know how long he saved to come up with d amount your family demanded?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.