Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (57533 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2020
King44:
for your info you would hardly see hard drugs in the street in Lag get that into your skull and even if anyone is caught they people over here don't hack them to death they report them and they are good as dead spending their lives in various maximum prison okay.
lol are u sure they will not decorate them with national merit award instead of incarcerating them in a maximum security prison and throwing the keys right away.

Remember don't forget the unjust criminal justice system, where justice is hard to come by.

Where police arrest, harass and even torture people that went to report criminal cases such as rape, arm robbery, hooliganism in the neighborhoods. Recklessly bailing out/releasing individual who committed very horrible crimes such as serial killing after barely just few weeks of prison stay.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Their fada.... grin
Their real fada.....
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Adeyeyeaki:

So homosexual has been a reason why SA better Nigeria. You are right.
Did I say that? A Ugandan homosexual lynched in his home country would certainly feel he can be free to be who he is in South Africa. funny, of all the reasons you spotted you saw the homosexual one first
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kenplay:

You talk too much… I have been reading all the comments but yours was full of daftness and emotiness.
South Africa (Johanesburg, Cape town, Pretorisa e.t.c) is light years of Nigeria. If Lagos was a city in South Africa, it would not even make top 5.
How can you compare a country & cities build by the white men to Nigeria.
as far as I am concerned development wise we didn't do bad but our planing and architecture are just 25 years behind.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Think9ja:

I always say that the solution to 9ja's problem is not secession. Our solution is a recolonization. We need to bring back the whites to come and rule us. That can only happen if Nigeria is declared a failed state (because it truly is).

Cos even if we secced or start practicing regional government, it will still be the same people and the same mentality in power.

Thank GOD you're saying the truth, Even if Nigeria Disintegrate to 100 places, It will still be underdeveloped because we as African have this Black Mentality, I don't know if Africa as a whole is allergic to Development!!

The reason South Africa was a Developed nation today is because of the white, if not for the white, South Africa will just be another Somalia struggling with bad leadership, Since black started ruling south Africa now their Economy has been going down the drain little by Little, I follow south Africa so much, They are almost sliding into recession because of bad Governance since a black man took over!!

Splitting Nigeria won't solve the problem, what we need is to fight for it, we the youth,

It would have been a different Story if Azikwe, Awolowo and co had Exercised patience and wait a little bit before crying for independence, Nigeria could have been one of the Developed nation in the world now!!

But here we are now with no achievement, no Development since Independence!!!

But I am hopeful everything is Going to change one day!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Adeyeyeaki(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
Did I say that? A Ugandan homosexual lynched in his home country would certainly feel he can be free to be who he is in South Africa. funny, of all the reasons you spotted you saw the homosexual one first
I was amazed that among fact you can relate to is this.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
lol are u sure they will not decorate them with national merit award instead of incarcerating them in a maximum security prison and throwing the keys right away.

Remember don't forget the unjust criminal justice system, where justice is hard to come by.

Where police arrest, harass and even torture people that went to report criminal cases such as rape, arm robbery, hooliganism in the neighborhoods. Recklessly bailing out/releasing individual who committed very horrible crimes such as serial killing after barely just few weeks of prison stay.

you are not far from the truth and you are not totally right... When it comes to drugs in it different forms the law enforcement down the here are trying that is why drugs dealing can't thrive in the streets down here.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bahdsypha:

So Lagos is as developed as Johannesburg...LMAO
Man, tell yourself the truth
Even their slums cannot be compared to our own naa
You fit compare soweto to Ikorodu
You can continue to live in self-denail

Well maybe you haven't been to Johannesburg or you live in lagos Island
Because anybody wey sabi Lagos go know
You're the unpatriotic low self-esteem person here.
I have been to the three regions in Jo'burg and it's not DIFFERENT from what we have in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:

Xenophobia is written all over ur demented statement man.... xenophobia and hate will kill u like it killed ur god, Nelson Mandela...watch this space. Lol lol hahaha grin

No be small hate, dat guy go die of hate oneday. I have been seeing his comments since in this forum. Just ignore him.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
Adeyeyeaki:

I was amazed that among fact you can relate to is this.
Dude, I don't know if you're daft or what. There's a lot of reasons why other Africans decide to leave their countries for South Africa and one of the reasons is the stance of many African governments towards homosexuality, I'm sorry if you find the subject of homosexuality uncormfortable
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Abagworo(m): 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
junketer:
my friend shatttaaaap there. I am in johannesburg as i type this and i say your so called lekki, VI or ikoyi cannot even compare to soweto or some rundown areas in joburg. I am nigerian and south africa is 1million times better than nigeria.

Let's settle this with video of Johannesburg CBD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNYOwKlDIE
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Bahdsypha(m): 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

You're the unpatriotic low self-esteem person here.
I have been to the three regions in Jo'burg and it's not DIFFERENT from what we have in Nigeria.

Man, tell yourself the truth forget self-esteem

Consider these factors: availability of health, transport, Education, water, electricity, waste management and planned housing
Jo'burg ain't perfect(no city is) but it's way better than Lagos in those factors listed above..

I don't think you live in lagos...like lagos mainland oo
Maybe you stay in banana Island or something, I don't know...but I'm telling you as someone that has lived most of his life in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Raydos:

Thank GOD you're saying the truth, Even if Nigeria Disintegrate to 100 places, It will still be underdeveloped because we as African have this Black Mentality, I don't know if Africa as a whole is allergic to Development!!

[b]The reason South Africa was a Developed nation today is because of the white, if not for the white, South Africa will just be another Somalia [/b]struggling with bad leadership, Since black started ruling south Africa now their Economy has been going down the drain little by Little, I follow south Africa so much, They are almost sliding into recession because of bad Governance since a black man took over!!

Splitting Nigeria won't solve the problem, what we need is to fight for it, we the youth,

It would have been a different Story if Azikwe, Awolowo and co had Exercised patience and wait a little bit before crying for independence, Nigeria could have been one of the Developed nation in the world now!!

But here we are now with no achievement, no Development since Independence!!!

But I am hopeful everything is Going to change one day!!!!
South Africa in these 24years of democracy and black rule has achieved far more than Nigeria has ever did in it's 60 years of independence! what do you attribute that to? this "white-man" excuse just doesn't cut it anymore. it's played out and a comfort zone for your short-comings

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Asour: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Don't believe everything you see online.

Posted by CHUKWUEBUKA.... Ipob...
We know the motives.

The same Johannesburg slum I know?
Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

Go to Alexandra, Gauteng and Soweto, YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.

You're joking right? "in anyway".

For starters, What Nigerian university is at the standard of The University of Stellenbosch?

Companies like Naspers (SA) rank amongst the most valuable entities on the continent.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by stubbornman(m): 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Who cares about what you like or not?
I'm not disputing that Lagos is not unorganised. All I'm saying is, south Africa is no better than Nigeria in any way.
When you want to compare Nigeria with an African country next time, try Egypt or Morocco or Tunisia... And not a savage country like south Africa.

Guy you dey fvck up
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
stubbornman:

Guy you dey fvck up
U too stubborn. Even for brain
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Abagworo(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

I'm not disputing that Lagos is not unorganised. All I'm saying is, south Africa is no better than Nigeria in any way.
When you want to compare Nigeria with an African country next time, try Egypt or Morocco or Tunisia... And not a savage country like south Africa.

South Africa used to be like Egypt until the Blacks took power through Mandela and ANC. Since then it has metamorphosed to the typical African outloook but remains better based on past glory. In a matter of just 10 years all glory will be lost.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Abagworo:

Let's settle this with video of Johannesburg CBD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNYOwKlDIE
You are aware that apart from crime and the general disorder, other things South Africans are complaining about with regards to this explosion of the immigrants is the appalling state of squalor now in many parts of Johannesburg? Jo'burg is now a hybrid of Blantyre, Lagos, Kinshasa, Karachi etc and many South Africans don't fvck with Johannesburg anymore, it's your city now. Call it the "X" word I don't care
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Abagworo:

South Africa used to be like Egypt until the Blacks took power through Mandela and ANC. Since then it has metamorphosed to the typical African outloook but remains better based on past glory. In a matter of just 10 years all glory will be lost.
And who the fûck are the black people?
Do they exist?
The people I have been seeing all my life are brown and pale skinned people in different shades.

Don't you think it racism to call BROWN people blacks and stupîd to call PALE SKINNED people whites?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by seankafor(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
We all know this, telling me is a futile exercise. and do quote, where did I spark envy and hate?
where does these supremacy battle lead y'all to?
After battling white supremacists, y'all come home and start battling amongst yourselves Africans..after that,
Y'all go to your respective cities and battle yourselves..

Then followed by your different villages and families?

Are these things even necessary?..

How would you have felt if y'all were still at the whites mercies or should I say apartheid era?

All these bragging rights is highly irrelevant and utter bullshits
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
Abagworo:

South Africa used to be like Egypt until the [b]Blacks took power through Mandela and ANC. Since then it has metamorphosed to the typical African [/b]outloook but remains better based on past glory. In a matter of just 10 years all glory will be lost.
You guys are so uneducated hey. South Africa has always looked better than Egypt so lets not even go there

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
South Africa in these 24years of democracy and black rule has achieved far more than Nigeria has ever did in it's 60 years of independence!

Yes, Because you're building on what has already been planned by the whites, So it will be easy!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
seankafor:
where does these supremacy battle lead y'all to?
After battling white supremacists, y'all come home and start battling amongst yourselves Africans..after that,
Y'all go to your respective cities and battle yourselves..

Then followed by your different villages and families?

Are these things even necessary?..

How would you have felt if y'all were still at the whites mercies or should I say apartheid era?

All these bragging rights is highly irrelevant and utter bullshits
When you equate all that with being black or African that's what I have a problem with because that's hogwash
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by fintol: 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

In terms of organisation, Lagos is not a model city. Talk about transportation, environment and general infrastructure. I haven't been to Jo Burg, but my mom has... I've been to bigger cities in Europe as I studied in Germany. I have also been to a few African countries as well. While we are not competing, you need to understand that organisation is what makes a city called a city. I lived all my life in Lagos, and I can tell you Lagos is very dirty, if not for trade and commerce, it would be a very bad idea to live here.

PS: Next time be polite... I don't want to insult anyone as I love to debate intelligently. Please let's respect each other.
your really intelligent.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Raydos:

Yes, Because you're building on what has already been planned by the whites, So it will be easy!!
Two new state of the art universities were built just two years ago in provinces your beloved white-men didn't even border to build universities on and mind you Nigeria does not boast of one world class academic facility. Now tell me how does a white man come into picture?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
Raydos:

So if planning a city requires white input what of Dubai then?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
You said south Africans are accommodating go through the Nigeria must fall hash tag on twitter and rethink your comment
Stop with this hypocritic behavior
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
mmars:

You said south Africans are accommodating go through the Nigeria must fall hash tag on twitter and rethink your comment
Stop with this hypocritic behavior
We can't exactly be accommodating to rogue elements can we?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by steppin: 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

South Africa is no better than Nigeria in any way?
I'd like a taste of that nonsense you've been smoking.
Your Nigeria is better, yet your muscians rush there to do vacations and make their music videos.
I wonder who is fooling who.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Don't believe everything you see online.

Posted by CHUKWUEBUKA.... Ipob...
We know the motives.

The same Johannesburg slum I know?
Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

Go to Alexandra, Gauteng and Soweto, YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.

I disagree with your second sentence,.....

Back to the fact that SA is trash....
If you want to see the real SA, go to black areas
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
We can't exactly be accommodating to rogue elements can we?
You claim they are thugs and drug traffickers while there are news of lazy good for nothing south africans taking ownership of Nigerians legit business centers after killing them and the almighty sour african government is just there playing stupid paternity
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
So if planning a city requires white input what of Dubai then?

Lol, Everything you see in Dubai was built and planned by the whites Europeans and americans,

The thing is Dubai is ready to spend!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian / Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) / Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.