Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (67306 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by jaybankzz(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
There's are lot of difference between tradition and religion. as the king you are the custodian of the tradition and expected to perform other rituals even before coronation and there after. If you know you can't uphold the values of your land, follow both the written and unwritten laws, i will advise you to forfeit the position to someone else. No CHRISTIANITY or ISLAM for royalty. Discuss the pros and cons with your wife if she's willing to conform to the new life.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by SolarEdge: 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
Wahala dey o
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by sisisioge: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Eeeeze o!!!

No mind me...I totally respect our traditional monarchy ni.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by CodeTemplar: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
shortgun:

You see my friend this is the ignorance that the western world wants many to continue to believe.
Everyone have a root, they have where they came from, they have ancestry.
Our fore fathers progressed in their time, they had development and technology that serves them.
They had an organized society with laws, taboos and punishments.
Many social vices you see today was not heard of.
You can't steal from ur neighbour and go free, there was no adultery, there was no abortion, you can only marry a virgin wife that is pure and untouched.
Their life span was longer,life was sweet and people prospered.
The technology the white man brought have only created more problems....today we have countless illnesses that doesn't have a cure, today people can just die like flies.

What technology and development?

They couldn't discover crude oil for us or advance us to refine it and you think they are on your side or smart. Sorry o.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Obakovicho: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
bukatyne:
We need to ascertain some issues:

1. Are you interested in the Kingship?
2. What is your wife's opinion on the Kingship?
3. What leverage do you have in this situation? i.e. If you don't become the king, what happens?
4. What leverage does the village have over you? If you refuse their kingship, what can they stop you from achieving?
5. If you are interested in the kingship and have some sort of leverage, do you have the mental strength to insist it is done your way: kingship with no second wife?

Something like this happened in one of the South South states 5 years ago. The deity comes in form of a snake to the house of the chosen one. One gateman for AIT baff to go work na so e see python for em center table, being a stubborn man e lock d snake for house abandon the house for 1 week plus. Meanwhile, the chief priest say the gods have chosen someone. The village people begin wonder who na, during the town meeting the gateman was conspicously absent. Na so dem send messgae to em house, dem knock door no answer as dem peep see big snake for table na so dem gyrate go gate for AIT lift am for head straight to crowning.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ninocia18(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

Find any Dominion City Church around you and tell them about this. You will be glad you did.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by DeraDeluca: 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
Africa Magic Epic
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by mrkings84(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
Macphenson:
Honestly speaking, in as much as enlightened, educated and exposed we are, we still have our traditions as Africans.

It is indeed a difficult situation you find yourself , and a tough decision to make.

But the truth is you have to face reality.
In such a situation where it is you and the community, I will advise you take the kingship, it is an honour for you to be chosen,and trust me your generations yet unborn will be proud of you.

It.is also a rare and great priviledge for you to render service to your people , and for you to also write your name in gold.

As for your wife, this is where you have a challenge. No woman wants to share her man.
Please appeal to her that ordinarily you want to be with only her, but circumstances have changed everything, also reach out to her family first, and present your case to them. That's a sign of respect and regards for them. As long as it is the dictates of the tradition, overtime they will understand but not without certain reservations and concerns.

Let them.understand that your taking another wife is absolutely circumstancial and not intentional.

Please take up this rare priviledge of serving you people.

My own personal request is this

Please place the interest of your subjects at heart while on the throne. Be a father to them. Don't be like our present day political "Ezes".

Good advice man. But I am still looking for the traditional reason(s) why they want him to take another wife. And it appears no one here is interested in knowing the reasons....
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by gnykelly(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
eldoradoxx:
When I am the First Wife to the Igwe? Why not

women are truly the enemy of another woman
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by trinity11(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
inviting someone to be crowned a king while his father is still alive is as good as saying come and become a king but the only sacrifice you have to make is for us to kill your father, cook him and we( entire community) all eat him together or your father go on a compulsory exile for the rest of his life and never to step foot on that soil, until his death.

Anyway what do I knw? maybe your tradition permits it.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Ogbuu101: 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Hmm. Are you indirectly telling me to take another wife and be crowned?

Alternating b/w 2 pussies legally is sweeter than being stuck with one.
You could even have a threeesome grin
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by shortgun(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What technology and development?

They couldn't discover crude oil for us or advance us to refine it and you think they are on your side or smart. Sorry o.
What has the crude oil the white man discovered done for the people?
People are still hungry, they still die of alien diseases in hundreds, they still die prematurely, people are still poor.
What is the use of the crude oil.
You need to think deeply my friend.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Johnjnr(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
May your days be long...... Ohhhhh king
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Alternating b/w 2 pussies legally is sweeter than being stuck with one.
You could even have a threeesome grin
...lol
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by saajus: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
Are you rich? Sometimes the Kingmakers choose base on wealth. If it's avoidable, please do. Focus on your career and family.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by saintruky(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

My brother it's now you've got d nail on d head... D whole conspiracy thing is to kill ur father, since they can't dethrone him. If I were u, I'd take my dad's advise where he said, "nothing will happen if I don't accept their kingship proposal"...

Yet again ma fear na make dem no banish u n ur family from d village or declare una as OSU as a result of ur rejection...
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by dahlen71: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
OP.., I don't know your tribe but if you are from eastern part of the country, it's an abomination to become a king while your father is still alive, your father cannot bow for you in the name that you a king. So check the source very well and do the consultation very well before taken it up.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by toyotamuscle: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
bukatyne:
We need to ascertain some issues:

1. Are you interested in the Kingship?
2. What is your wife's opinion on the Kingship?
3. What leverage do you have in this situation? i.e. If you don't become the king, what happens?
4. What leverage does the village have over you? If you refuse their kingship, what can they stop you from achieving?
5. If you are interested in the kingship and have some sort of leverage, do you have the mental strength to insist it is done your way: kingship with no second wife?

do you even no the meaning of leverage.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
ninocia18:

Find any Dominion City Church around you and tell them about this. You will be glad you did.
...I'm a member of Dominion city
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by viktuur(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
Talk to you wife, accept the kingship, marry
a menopausal woman or a medically barren
qeemus:
Hmm
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by shortgun(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
mrkings84:

Good advice man. But I am still looking for the traditional reason(s) why they want him to take another wife. And it appears no one here is interested in knowing the reasons....
His current wife is not from the community....a true king by some traditions needs to marry from the community to keep the royal bloodline pure.
The children of his first wife will not be crowned kings in the future only the children of the wife he takes from the community will have a chance of been king in the future.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Blesyn22(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
MPESA:

This is a lie, nothing like conspiracy here , do you know how much people fight to be king and how much they lobby as well YET since last year and nobody has Rosen to take up the mantle from him at all cost.

According to his statement it is conspiracy because he clearly stated that he did not lobby for it
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by saintruky(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

My brother it's now you've hit d nail on d head... D whole conspiracy thing is to kill ur father, since they can't dethrone him as president general. If I were u, I'd take my dad's advise where he said, "nothing will happen if I don't accept their kingship proposal"...

Yet again ma fear na make dem no go banish u n ur family from d village or declare una as OSU as a result of ur rejection...
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by InvertedHammer: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.
/
Grab it with two hands.

Don't forget to do Thanksgiving to God for his lowly servant.

The tussle for a king has destroyed many communities leading to numerous violent and untimely deaths. But you were given on a platter of gold and you are complaining. Inside life.

/
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by toyotamuscle: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
let me tell you the truth. if I were you, I will grab that kingship with my two hand and two legs.i ll marry another wife from my village.i can see ur wife isnt from same village with you.as for my father, I ll tell him oye ma echi.he can bow to me if he wants but he should respect his king.cos only God can crown a man king.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by shortgun(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
dahlen71:
OP.., I don't know your tribe but if you are from eastern part of the country, it's an abomination to become a king while your father is still alive, your father cannot bow for you in the name that you a king. So check the source very well and do the consultation very well before taken it up.
Don't say what you don't know my friend.
A diety can choose anyone for any position in the community,
Remember theirs is rotational between two villages that makes up the community..doesn't matter if the person chosen father is dead or alive.
Even in the bible David was made king while his father Jesse was still alive.
By ur logic someone can't be given a title if their father have no title?
Theirs a tradition in igbo land where the kingship falls on any of the grand children of the reigning king..traditions differ from community to community.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
shortgun:

I don't think he will like to experience what will become of him and his family if he refuses.
Some things are are beyond holy water,anointing oil, casting and binding.
Most people that know about this thing don't comment on social media. They are secretive and reserve whenever such issue is discussed. My second rejected such nomination about 14 years ago because he is a prophet and knows a lot of mountains and a lot of men God. It was not easy, they gave him an example of 30 people that rejected such offer in different communities in Yoruba land up to Togo, he said nothing will happen. He started jumping from Mountain to Mountain, camp to camp, deliverance to deliverance, it is a long story.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by eldoradoxx: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
gnykelly:

women are truly the enemy of another woman
This is not Beijing conference , we are talking tradition here pls
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by shortgun(m): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
babaolofin:

Most people that know about this thing don't comment on social media. They are secretive and reserve whenever such issue is discussed. My second rejected such nomination about 14 years ago because he is a prophet and knows a lot of mountains and a lot of men God. It was not easy, they gave him an example of 30 people that rejected such offer in different communities in Yoruba land up to Togo, he said nothing will happen. He started jumping from Mountain to Mountain, camp to camp, deliverance to deliverance, it is a long story.
No need to go further son of light....I know.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Queenesy: 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
From my experience with deities and kingship I have this advice if only you will take it;
1. You don't say no to the gods because it always have its consequences which may even come upon your children in future. Wisdom is the key and the truth in Igbo land, you don't take a staff of authority while your father is still alive(abomination)

Answer: play the game of the spirit by telling the elders that your father will hold the crown for you until your ready.
( let me give you an example, Arthur Eze in Ukpo if u've heard of the name when his father died as a king, he was next in line but his multibillion dollar oil empire was his problem coupled with him saying no will affect his entire fortune. He played their game by telling the gods that his not too conversant with their tradition and that his uncle should hold it for him until his ready) with that the gods have only two options left 1. If they insists and crown him, he may destroy their custom and they can't harm him because he said it earlier 2. If they refused the uncle from holding the crown, it means that a stranger will be in charge which is also no for the gods.
The bottom line is that Arthur Eze is over 70years now and his uncle is still holding the crown for him.

Pls don't mind my typo and am writing from my wife's account am not a member just came across your message and felt the need to assist.

Best Regards,
Xp

4 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ABELKIDO(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
This thing is more spiritual than physical my brother. For you to reject the offer, you must be strong spiritually or else you won't be able to explain the consequences of your action. Thanks
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Same thing I'm wondering about and when I enquired,they said they are not the ones making the decision to select me.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Mrlazarus: 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
you only need to do one thing,find out if the gods truly chose you...if yes,they can’t be wrong,if no,you might be diving into a conspiracy far bigger and maybe older than you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine / How Wife Caught Her Husband Cheating (PHOTO) / Please We Are Sorry. Now We Understand (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.