Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (67191 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Blesyn22(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
MPESA:

It's not , why he's saying so was because his father us still alive..... And that does not make it a conspiracy .... Kings are Born, they are not made it happens in the Bible in the house of Jesse, king David , his father was still alive when they came to anoint him including Oni of Ife , his father is still much alive.

...but were not members of the ruling council
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Gbemini(m): 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
You better pick the kinship or u suffer ,they offer you king u still dey think am ,when money come in now,ur wife too won't b jealous again....iwolomo ....
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ghettochild(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
If the gods chose u then honor the gods.. Culture has been out thing before the advent of religion
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by aalangel(f): 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

Mtchewww...they're liars from the pit of hell.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by alizma: 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.

If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..
Oga which church you dey go? He should accept the kingship as chosen by a deity and then tell them that things will be done in Christian way. This kind deception no get senior.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by DavSagacity(m): 11:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
annex1:
Emem Isong, kunle Afolayan, Tunde Kelani would be interested in this script smiley

I can tell you really love your wife. What is her opinion on this?
If it doesnt sit well with her as it doesnt with you then stand your ground. Besides what kind of "king making" requires you to compulsorily take another wife.
Tell them your own Deity has prohibited you from marrying another wife.

But only accept if madam is fine with it for the sake of peace in your family and community. Because your responsibility is first to your wife, family and thirdly, the community.

I like this your comment. and the way you rightly set the organogram. God bless you
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by hahn(m): 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
cry
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

What are the benefits of being a long in your village?

Financially most especially

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by SavageMaster: 11:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.

You can be the first king that married from outside his community. There's always a first time.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by dokie: 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

I didnt have the time to go through the comments on the thread, so i don't know if you have made up your mind yet on what to do. But i would like to ask if you are a Christian in the first instance because that is a major factor in determining your course of action.

I would appreciate a response.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 01, 2020
Stand your ground as a man. If I were in your shoes, to hail with the throne because I have never seen it in any community that a child is made king while his father still lives. This is kingship and not political appointment. Don't allow anyone tricks you to disgrace your father. Something is wrong here.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by sorsor(m): 12:06am On Jul 01, 2020
Besides what kind of "king making" requires you to compulsorily take another wife.
Tell them your own Deity has prohibited you from marrying another wife.

But only accept if madam is fine with it for the sake of peace in your family and community. Because your responsibility is first to your wife, family and thirdly, the community.

[/quote]

I love this reply it's really spot on
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Sotland: 12:07am On Jul 01, 2020
Just thimking aloud.. How can the deity choose you to be king over your father.. I think the deity is a joke.. I've never heard or seen such happen..
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by kazy1979: 12:10am On Jul 01, 2020
Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

Thanks.

Op, u need to go back to that village and ask some respectable old men/women or elders that know about the village tradition deeply. Don't ask your dad or family, every village or town has some old people that know the place more than the king
U need to answers to the following questions from them:

1. In some village if u refuse to be crown, the entire family will never smell that position again and u will be in the bad book of the whole family and even the whole village.

2. Has it ever happened in the history of the village that the chosen king refuse to be crown and if yes, what then happened. But if No, ask what will happen if you rejected it.

3. Is it possible for the deity or whatsoever they said choose someone as king when the father and the elder brothers are still alive.

4. Is it the villagers that made it a law that every king must marry from the village or the deity. If u refuse to marry from the village, is there any implications.

The answers u get from all this question will lead the way on how to discuss with your wife.

There is no woman that doesn't want to be a queen but sharing there man with another woman is the problem. Your wife telling u to do what is in your mind mean she is not against u been the king but she didn't want to share u with another woman. Therefore your answers to those questions above will help u in talking it out with your wife.

Ire oooo
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by redsun(m): 12:16am On Jul 01, 2020
ghettochild:
If the gods chose u then honor the gods.. Culture has been out thing before the advent of religion

Culture is a way of life that is propelled by the living in accordance with the moment in time. Any culture that is progressive should be modified or discarded.

Normal 21st-century humans should know far better than the gods of the past, including Jesus.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 01, 2020
Is it compulsory that you'll have two wives before they crown you?

I also wonder why they will want to crown you king while your father is still alive. Bikiaful before they crown you oracle chiefpriest in place of king. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Olayetan(m): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2020
cococandy:
Does anyone actually believe any oracle told anyone of those king makers anything?

I have a bridge to sell to anyone who believes that.
Please don’t allow anyone manipulate you into ruining your home by yourself.

New wife indeed.

Yeah, that actually happens,

They will take names of eligible people to the Oracle and Oracle will choose a name out of those names...
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Uzeee: 12:37am On Jul 01, 2020
My advice is seek the face of God, He is the best and only solution here.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by OkunrinMeta: 12:52am On Jul 01, 2020
Hundreds of men in your lineage, your ancestors, are watching you waiting to see whether you, like millions of men in your generation, would disgrace them by throwing away your culture and traditions in service of a western culture that dictates to you how a marriage must be.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ABBkelvin(m): 12:59am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Reptyle(m): 1:14am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

What is it with African deities and complicating ordinary peoples' lives? angry angry angry

if you accept the title, I hope the "deities" won't further complicate your life...like asking you to drop one or two human heads every year or marrying even more wives. No disrespect to your culture and tradition but our African "deities" have a sick and twisted sense of humour. Bizarre and somewhat macabre. I also know they always want more and more until they drain the last drop of your blood.

Please beware before you jump into the traditional sphere because beyond the glitz and glamour of royalty, there is a fetish and dark underbelly. Na only "strong men" dey attempt am.

Think am well.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Billyddude: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2020
Your in a tight position, ,but if you later accept the kingship ,pls employ me,make I work for you.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by deltateam: 2:05am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.

David was chosen as a king despite being the youngest son. His father was alive too. Discuss with your wife and hear her take. If she's not in support of marrying another wife.

Tell the elders that you will be king but you won't marry another wife. This is not a big deal.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by engrajoo1(m): 2:24am On Jul 01, 2020
Let's even assume your dad is not alive or his being alive is not an impediment to you becoming a king. Don't u think as their intending king you should have the freedom to choose?. Don't u think you should have the freedom to do things in your own way?. My brother if you now down to their pressure by taking a second wife from the community. Expect strange and stricter compromises in the future that will leave u more confused and a shadow of yourself. You'll eventually lose focus, plans and eventually be a figurehead dummy as they'll always tell you that's d tradition of the land and that's how it's been done. Someone talks about it's a chance to bring change to your community!!!!..... If you can't bring about change in the areas of marriage? Do you think you'll be able to bring any meaniful change to the community?. Simply tell them that if the deity could boycott your father, if the deity could make a compromise by not chosing ur father which is d right person to be chosen, the deity and d community should also make a compromise on allowing u stick to ur wife and not have a second one
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by kolawo(m): 2:53am On Jul 01, 2020
SHOULD YOUR WIFE ACCEPT TO IT. SHE SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST WIFE AND QUEEN EXPLICITLY WITH ALL THE PRIVILEGES THAT FOLLOWS.
SHOULD SHE REJECT IT, STAND YOUR GROUND FIRMLY WITH YOUR FAMILY.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:05am On Jul 01, 2020
Your community must be a very poor community because in my own, heads even roll, billions spent on campaign just to have the crown on your head
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Emyogalanya: 3:46am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.
guy while not saying its lies. But as much as igboland is concerned no community or diety will elect you as king wille your own father is still alive. Since as our people say "a man cannot have an heir before his father does" pls which village are you from this can never happen anywhere in igboland
secondly as per the wife issues some villages do not mind it may be strict in your villa but not all. My point is if these two grey areas can be cleared go ahead pick up the gauntlet by taking the mantle of leadership and serve your people the best you can
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Emyogalanya: 3:53am On Jul 01, 2020
aalangel:

Mtchewww...they're liars from the pit of hell.
no he is the liar here , as no igbo village will ever think of making a man whose father is still alive king. No oracle will ever give that kind proposal. I'm talking of igboland. It can happen another place
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Pearl05(f): 4:16am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

Or they will kill your old man to ma it happen.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by indoorlove(m): 4:30am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

There are people who can see beyond the physical be it Pastor, Alfa or Traditionalist.. Meet them and seek for help. They will guide you and help you see the whole thing from a clear angle.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by CodeTemplar: 4:52am On Jul 01, 2020
shortgun:

What has the crude oil the white man discovered done for the people?

People are still hungry, they still die of alien diseases in hundreds, they still die prematurely, people are still poor.
What is the use of the crude oil.
You need to think deeply my friend.
Everything.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:50am On Jul 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

Based on this please do not accept but make due consultation on the spiritual implication of rejecting it and the way out. This is Africa we have our own way.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Liodins: 6:01am On Jul 01, 2020
My dear Op,
I don’t think anything will happen if u eventually decline the offer of kingship from the oracles of your land, cos I remember my fathers case when he was to be crowned king after the death of his father, he declined. He told them he can’t do it simply cos he doesn’t have the resources and not mentally fit for that, then the crown went to another family.
That part where u said your father is still alive and the oracles of your land wants to crown u king, this I haven’t heard or seen in my lifetime.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage / How Can I Control My Sex Craving Toward My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.