Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (67258 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ephz(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Well, it's so funny that sometimes destiny beckons such circumstantial scenario like this one.
Firstly, relax please. Let normal blood runs your bloodstreams. You don't need to contract terminal sickness or disease you will now be nursing aftermath of the whole scenario either with or without you.

Secondly, since you have noticed a conspiracy in the whole thing, accord your family's relationship well, both immediate and extended. If they really want King from your family, it has to be through the consent of your father. But since they didn't go through your father it is dangerous to walk that lane for it will backfire now or later.

If you are a Christian, I will suggest you take your matter to God with your family in prayer. God is not author of confusion at all. You may employ the service of a true Man of God.

Don't make any decision without carrying your wife and family along. Be careful of all manner of advices you will be getting. Your family is immediate to you and other things are secondary.

If it is God's will for you to be a king, nothing will hinders it.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Igwe !!! His Imperia Majesty, congratulations for being chosen by your ancestors to be the custodian of their sociocultural and spiritual heritage. There is something your ancestors saw which you might have not noticed. Please kindly oblige your service to your people, it is a thing of honour and privilege. In fact many have paid with their lives in the past to be crowned king. It is a win win situation ooh. If gods have chosen you, then the same gods will give your wife the heart to bear having another wife as demanded by tradition. The benefits of being King? All that parcel of land in your community now falls under you as the custodian of communal land. Omoh u don hammer. Royalties from any economic activity must be paid to you. All those village markets belong to you now. Politicians will be rolling on the floor for your endorsement. The list is endless and you are here asking for NL opinion? Abeg collect the thing sharp sharp

Which Yeye igwe

let the op tell us his state of origin first

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by CuteNbad(m): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.
it seems you're the chosen one..the one to take them to the promise land....you must have a good heart
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Scepterpeter: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please when it comes to tradition and roots comply ooo, don't probe you ancestors.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Op is a liar.
Confirmed one.
If not let him tell us his state of origin
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by MPESA(m): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
babaolofin:

If you check what I wrote earlier, it depends on where he comes from. Nobody rejects it and live a normal life. Experience is a great teacher. I can never pray for anybody even my enemies to experience it

Thanks you sir for this advice, I wish he understand your words of wisdom and listen.....
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by OnwuCheka(f): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
When I saw Eze na hiss I hiss.
Wetin concern Deity with warrant chiefs or kings created in the 20th century cheesy
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by israelmao(m): 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Come to Jesus Come unto to me all you that Labour and heavy Laden and I will give you rest.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by baby124: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ask your wife for her opinion
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by HalaHala: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
King David father was alive when he became king. The current Ooni of ife has father and elder brothers.As for your wife don't speak for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Swizbank: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very welUl before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

Do you believe/worship the kind 'deity'?
If yes, then you may have to comply.

If no, which deity do pay allegiance to?

Your answer will determine my advice.

Where are you from?
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
I am very sure you are not a true Christian for asking this question.
If you were a Christian you would have known what to do wife or no wife.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by RedPhoenix: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

Welcome to trouble
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by gnykelly(m): 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Igwe !!! His Imperia Majesty, congratulations for being chosen by your ancestors to be the custodian of their sociocultural and spiritual heritage. There is something your ancestors saw which you might have not noticed. Please kindly oblige your service to your people, it is a thing of honour and privilege. In fact many have paid with their lives in the past to be crowned king. It is a win win situation ooh. If gods have chosen you, then the same gods will give your wife the heart to bear having another wife as demanded by tradition. The benefits of being King? All that parcel of land in your community now falls under you as the custodian of communal land. Omoh u don hammer. Royalties from any economic activity must be paid to you. All those village markets belong to you now. Politicians will be rolling on the floor for your endorsement. The list is endless and you are here asking for NL opinion? Abeg collect the thing sharp sharp

if you are the wife will you accept a second wife
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Moneywirer: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
Long live the king.
But king, this is where your faith and stand in God is tested.
Will you turn away from scriptural laws that prohibits you from taking more than one wife just so you could be king
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by coputa(m): 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
What a privilage! What people spend million of naira to get was given to you on a platter of gold.the gods has chosen you,take the crown,marry a new wife,as you were told,let your wife understands the enormity of what is at stake.if you decline,your generation will never forgive you.wait! o, Do you know there are severe consequencies,if you refuse to take the crown,be wise,accept it with happiness,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Karlifate: 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE, since the gods has successfully confused you, maintain your stand concerning monogamy.

Your determination will also put the gods into confusion.

Two can play the confusion game. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by kayClt(f): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.
you hv found answers to your confusion.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Ladymillion(f): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
A king is crowned!

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Juliearth(f): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

Thanks.

If you do not want to be king and/or do not wish to marry another wife, you should simply decline. As a man, you shouldn't be coerced into doing things against your will.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by rohteem03(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.
Follow your father's advice cos I believe he wont lead you astray and also pray for direction. The offer maybe looking rosy on the surface but they may be more to it that it meets the eye.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by eldoradoxx: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
gnykelly:

if you are the wife will you accept a second wife
When I am the First Wife to the Igwe? Why not
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by zeratech911: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

Seun and fake stories are like 5&6

Crownedrookie = bunnae = GentRoyal = nollywood Lol

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by oyekan1997(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE, did those elders let your dad know first that you're picked by the diety then before coming to meet you?

If the answer is NO, I believe those corrupt elders are definitely planning something against your dad or your family cos they should have let your dad know first since he is still alive and being the president of the council of chief or what do you call it

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by PrincessEstates: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

You see this your statement in bold ehn, never say it out loud in front of your so-called village elders o. Cos it implies that although you might relent on taking another wife, you will never consider becoming king in as much as your father is alive. Which means that your father is the major reason you're not willing to become the king. Which in turn implies(to them), that in as much as your father(the obstacle to them) is out of the equation(I'm very sure you understand), then there'll be nothing stopping you from becoming the king. Simple right? Yeah, not so simple. Because na from there your troubles go begin...
You think say uncles and aunties dem go fold their hands dey begin look you, upon say you no sabi, and your hands no dey the matter? You think say the new wife no go begin lord am over your current wife, say na she be the for-real-for-real wife, onto say she come from the same community as you?
As for me, nobody holy pass, so whatever decision you end up deciding to take, own up to it. Make such decision because you either want to become the king, or you don't want to become the king. Stop saying it's because my father is still alive o, or it's because I don't want to hurt my wife o, so that your village people will not put evil eyes on them.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ugbede69(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
[quote author=Macphenson post=90974198]Honestly speaking, in as much as enlightened, educated and exposed we are, we still have our traditions as Africans.

It is indeed a difficult situation you find yourself , and a tough decision to make.

But the truth is you have to face reality.
In such a situation where it is you and the community, I will advise you take the kingship, it is an honour for you to be chosen,and trust me your generations yet unborn will be proud of you.

It.is also a rare and great priviledge for you to render service to your people , and for you to also write your name in gold.

As for your wife, this is where you have a challenge. No woman wants to share her man.
Please appeal to her that ordinarily you want to be with only her, but circumstances have changed everything, also reach out to her family first, and present your case to them. That's a sign of respect and regards for them. As long as it is the dictates of the tradition, overtime they will understand but not without certain reservations and concerns.

Let them.understand that your taking another wife is absolutely circumstancial and not intentional.

Please take up this rare priviledge of serving you people.

My own personal request is this

Please place the interest of your subjects at heart while on the throne. Be a father to them. Don't be like our present day political "Ezes".

[/qulifetsincerely you deserve a gift for this inspiring advice..
but am just a student and have nothing at all...the truth is that am really inspired. I am not the Op but I could channel this piece to other aspects of my life
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Pondeck: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
You just open your mouth
WAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ismoney: 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
You better run for your life. God does not tempt any man with evil. Marrying second wife is evil and against God’s commandment. God first. Family second. Before any other thing.

Run!!! Run!!! Run!!!

God bless you as you run for your life.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by nomenclature(m): 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
If they should accept African tradition in a Christian way?the way you carry christianity for head ,like samuel ajay crowther ,who do you this thing ?
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.

If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by theone3010: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

Go and sit on the throne and respect God.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by veykey: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
eldoradoxx:
When I am the First Wife to the Igwe? Why not
If they're insisting on someone from the same community with him, you may not have a say because in the eyes of the community, she's the first. The first you can claim is only outside of the community.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Austino778: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
If u truly love ur life n ur wife n family,never u travel dat road.

For d deity to chose u,its means u re a great person in the Lord, they (deity) wnt to pervert it.

Every action attract reaction...

Be wise

I rest my case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage / Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / "I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.