Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (67188 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Godpikin247: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
which God do you believe? Do you have Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior? if yes then you don't have to be unequally yoked with unfruitful work of darkness. deities are demons so you don't have to allow demons to dictate how you will live your life to you. please reject it because everything they will do till coronation will be fetish and a true Christian will not go for such. don't let anybody make you fear, believe in Jesus name you are saved. if you think they will agree to do it in a Christian way you are deceiving yourself. may God strengthen your faith. amen

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by iHart(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...Don't even know how to go about this.

So many sleepless nights and worries.Im becoming a shadow of myself. Can't even think straight at all.
...because you can't think straight now, and you are becoming a shadow of yourself, they will say the gods are after you and they are tormenting you to accept the offer. You better focus and concentrate on your life before thoughts and worries will mess your life

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ugbede69(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
Macphenson:
Honestly speaking, in as much as enlightened, educated and exposed we are, we still have our traditions as Africans.

It is indeed a difficult situation you find yourself , and a tough decision to make.

But the truth is you have to face reality.
In such a situation where it is you and the community, I will advise you take the kingship, it is an honour for you to be chosen,and trust me your generations yet unborn will be proud of you.

It.is also a rare and great priviledge for you to render service to your people , and for you to also write your name in gold.

As for your wife, this is where you have a challenge. No woman wants to share her man.
Please appeal to her that ordinarily you want to be with only her, but circumstances have changed everything, also reach out to her family first, and present your case to them. That's a sign of respect and regards for them. As long as it is the dictates of the tradition, overtime they will understand but not without certain reservations and concerns.

Let them.understand that your taking another wife is absolutely circumstancial and not intentional.

Please take up this rare priviledge of serving you people.

My own personal request is this

Please place the interest of your subjects at heart while on the throne. Be a father to them. Don't be like our present day political "Ezes".

sincerely you deserve a gift for this inspiring advice..
but am just a student and have nothing at all...the truth is that am really inspired. I am not the Op but I could channel this piece to other aspects of my life

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by EwuGambia: 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
PrincessEstates:

You see this your statement in bold ehn, never say it out loud in front of your so-called village elders o. Cos it implies that although you might relent on taking another wife, you will never consider becoming king in as much as your father is alive. Which means that your father is the major reason you're not willing to become the king. Which in turn implies(to them), that in as much as your father(the obstacle to them) is out of the equation(I'm very sure you understand), then there'll be nothing stopping you from becoming the king. Simple right? Yeah, not so simple. Because na from there your troubles go begin...
You think say uncles and aunties dem go fold their hands dey begin look you, upon say you no sabi, and your hands no dey the matter? You think say the new wife no go begin lord am over your current wife, say na she be the for-real-for-real wife, onto say she come from the same community as you?
As for me, nobody holy pass, so whatever decision you end up deciding to take, own up to it. Make such decision because you either want to become the king, or you don't want to become the king. Stop saying it's because my father is still alive o, or it's because I don't want to hurt my wife o, so that your village people will not put evil eyes on them.

Well said man!...well said....
Beautiful contribution

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by SATANNIST: 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
Bleep the diety and Bleep the community

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Kckelly: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

Mr. Man, my candid advice to you is to accept the position and if you are a born again christian, try to bring the necessary changes that is needed in you community.
Lead your people to christ through the power of Jesus Christ. Remember, that we all have been made both king and priest in God.
The truth is that the only people bible forbids from marrying two wives are the pastors etc
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by TeeSure: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
Palema007:
You can't be crowned until your dad is dead, you don't want a polygamus home. Why worry yourself? Sir, live in peace and let them not cause a problem in your family. When the time comes, I wouldn't be surprised if their Oracle chooses another on the accusations you killed your father to become King. I believe this is a conspiracy against your dad, be wise and stay out of it. This is what I would do if I'm in your shoes.

Perfect... Pls take this advise

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by IMO01: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
mrblessed:
Sadly, the place (Igbo land) which he comes from has nothing to do with kingship --:organically speaking. Most people don't know that these rascals that parade themselves as kings in the Southeast and some part of the so-called South-south, only began to have constitutional backing with the Richardson constitution of 1946 that regionalised, by creating what is called House of Chiefs or "Thieves."

A look at the crises induced by selection of a king will tell you it is not part of our culture: it is something that diminishes us as a people. Let kingship die in Igbo land, we are innate REPUBLICANS.

Oh chairman you are blessed
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by olajide8(m): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.

Do you love your wife's life? If you do, go and become king except you want them to spiritually attack your wife - we don't joke on Africa o!
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Piyke: 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

When Jesus saw that they were ready to force him to be their king, he slipped away into the hills by himself. John 6:15

You are not the first. The Jews wanted to make Jesus political king too. Slip away.
The mere fact that you haven't been yourself and they insist on a 2nd wife means it's not for you. Jesus saves.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ikaboy: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
ASYLUM STORY.

GOD GO DO AM FOR YOU MY BROTHER.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by MetaPhysical: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

Igbo enwe Eze!

Igbo has no king!
grin
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by flyingdutchman(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
You either accept, or you leave with your wife. If you truly love your wife, you may have to leave the community. Or, at least, try to meet with the elders one last time for a compromise.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
yea! nice story, what is the name of your village? so that i can go and verify? sad
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by kelmicheal: 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
You cant be a king without belonging to occult

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Kckelly: 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Piyke:

When Jesus saw that they were ready to force him to be their king, he slipped away into the hills by himself. John 6:15

You are not the first. The Jews wanted to make Jesus political king too. Slip away.
The mere fact that you haven't been yourself and they insist on a 2nd wife means it's not for you. Jesus saves.

Jesus won't have allowed them to crown Him king because He was ordain by His Father before coming to the earth.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by abodundef: 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Are you a Christian, born again? Then if yes, take your hand from kingship ordained by Oracle or deity. The foundation is wrong. Stick to your faith and your wife. Let the dead bury the dead. Your salvation matters most

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by chris4grace: 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.

If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..

This is the answer you need..

Wisdom is profitable to direct,in all your getting, get wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
Guy you don hammer oh,I envy you..kai
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ksk4love(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
I will be ashamed of you if you listen to people who know little or nothing about the Igbo tradition.....you don't have to be the oldest man in your clan to be crowned king but in few cases you are chosen by the gods just as you are.....let me tell you what you will lose if you reject this position. You lose your birth right as well as you sell the birth right of your entire generation because once you reject it, the crown moves to the next generation and it will never.....I said never......come back to your family again.....apart from rejecting the birth right of your generation, your village might not forgive you for putting them to shame and they may come together to curse you.....so rejecting the throne isn't an option.

On your wife issue, I won't advise you to marry another woman.....ask the elders to help you out,there must be a way to keep this woman as well as the throne.....good advise is what you need but don't drop the crown and your wife.

Best regards

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by tiredoflife(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Brother!
If you will take up the Post, your Faith should be a Paramount Factor.

Don't allow any other form of god or diety to make u do what you should not!

Respectfully Tell your people that you will Accept the throne but that things will be done in a Christian way. You Respectfully tell them what your faith stands for.

If they Accept, Good! If they do not, then Respectfully decline them

Position is not a Qualification for Eternal Life..

Christian way yet it was the gods that chose him
Do u answer to the gods and answer to God
Stop dreaming
You no go marry babalawo pikin come say u no go chop wetin dem offer to the gods

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by shortgun(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
our own gods are hustling gods. always asking for everything but giving back nothing. Let them help us stop corruption.
You see my friend this is the ignorance that the western world wants many to continue to believe.
Everyone have a root, they have where they came from, they have ancestry.
Our fore fathers progressed in their time, they had development and technology that serves them.
They had an organized society with laws, taboos and punishments.
Many social vices you see today was not heard of.
You can't steal from ur neighbour and go free, there was no adultery, there was no abortion, you can only marry a virgin wife that is pure and untouched.
Their life span was longer,life was sweet and people prospered.
The technology the white man brought have only created more problems....today we have countless illnesses that doesn't have a cure, today people can just die like flies.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by oluwasegun007(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please read through the comments carefully there is sense in most...

My own is do what's best for you and your family...

Finally, I don't think I'll like to be in your shoes. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by hardbody: 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

I can quite relate with your post because i am in a similar position, infact I had been for a while. I will tell you what I did.

I requested that I be allowed to give the stool to someone to hold in Trust for me until I am ready to take it back. I was allowed. I am in the process of choosing an uncle of mine to do that and i will never go back to collect it from him.

I hope to meet with the king makers after the Covid and when flight fully resumes.

If you are allowed that window, deploy it.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by armyofone(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
Deity selected you as in local mayor / local king ? Good as long as you will be in the position of improving your community, provide good road, healthcare, water, electricity, reduce crime, improve maternal and family life etc carry on cheesy
Don't go waste money on fetish because deity wan chop goat or cow undecided

JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by eldoradoxx: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
veykey:
If they're insisting on someone from the same community with him, you may not have a say because in the eyes of the community, she's the first. The first you can claim is only outside of the community.
Not really so, the second wife is just to fulfil traditional requirement that the king also has a wife from his kingdom, not necessarily to overthrow the first wife
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by shortgun(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
babaolofin:

If you check what I wrote earlier, it depends on where he comes from. Nobody rejects it and live a normal life. Experience is a great teacher. I can never pray for anybody even my enemies to experience it. It seems you know about that thing. I would have love to chat with you.
I don't think he will like to experience what will become of him and his family if he refuses.
Some things are are beyond holy water,anointing oil, casting and binding.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by bigtt76(f): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Just so you know..... the Ooni of Ife's father is still alive cheesy

JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ThinkSmarter: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

See!, don't be scared to ascend to the throne.
U re on a mission.
U re selected for a reason.
The forces of the Universe searches through our hearts .
U re educated and a cool man that is knowledgeable.
U re here on nairaland.
Let our good leaders like Umahi and others be your role model.
Stand for the truth.
Be honest and truthful to your people.
Write your name on marble by executing project that is paramount to your people and within your seat financial status.
Don't dictate to them, practice village democracy.
Organise town hall meetings at least once in a month.
Don't rely on your ccabinets, listen to the peoples yearning and grudges.
Be ready to embrace/tolerate criticism.
Some selfish fellow will draw closer to you in order to influence you to compromise on somethings for their gains, don't yield to their evil wishes.
Make Bible book of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes your closest companion.
Marry your second wife, she doesn't have to wholly agree.
Women are selfish.
Even when they are barren, they hardly allow you to marry another woman.
Solomon, David, Abraham, Jacob/Isreal were all polygamous and God never condemned polygamy any where in the Bible.
God only advised priests to marry only one wife. (Leviticus)
One wife was Paul's teaching
He even preached celibate (1st and 2nd Corinthians)
May God be with you.
I'm a Christian from Eastern Nigeria.
Abum' nwa-afor Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Obakovicho: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

The deity can't tell you to marry another wife. Even if it does you can appease it,on ascending the throne do not reject it lest the deities come for all you hold dear. This no be christianity, think devil sef meet God to take permission to frustrate JOB. What stops him from meeting God over you cause your forefathers worshipped the dieties so you must. Note:Don't tell d elders because of your wife you can't be KING. PLEASE

3 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by GodwalksEarth: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

All kings on Earth regardless of race are Gods on Earth. For you to reject your duty to your ancestors is very disturbing and if your wife rejects even moreso. You have a chance to establish a legacy for a 1000 years through your sons to come. Kill the boy in you so the man can be free to become a god.

Wake up out your slumber

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by deavicky(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
annex1:
Emem Isong, kunle Afolayan, Tunde Kelani would be interested in this script smiley

I can tell you really love your wife. What is her opinion on this?
If it doesnt sit well with her as it doesnt with you then stand your ground. Besides what kind of "king making" requires you to compulsorily take another wife.
Tell them your own Deity has prohibited you from marrying another wife.

But only accept if madam is fine with it for the sake of peace in your family and community. Because your responsibility is first to your wife, family and thirdly, the community.

I'm not sure I agree with you about "first responsible should be his wife" what about the entire community he is supposed to lead?. Probably his wife is not from his place that's why he is advise to take another wife. If u even check the guy well, he is evening cheating on his wife. My stake is, he should take the throne so that we will have one king in Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Fiancé Poured Hot Stew On Me After Discovering He Had Low Sperm Count: Lady / Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.