Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Jos Burning Now! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Burning Now! (15772 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Burning Now! by goggs(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
guys! Guys! There are bad muslims as there are bad christians. Let all men be judged by their actions! Generalisations will not help. What of muslim doctors treating christian patients and vise versa. What of teachers, aid workers? Let us intelligently discuss implementable solution to this problem. Hating is just plain dumb.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2011
goggs:

guys! Guys! There are bad muslims as there are bad christians. Let all men be judged by their actions! Generalisations will not help. What of muslim doctors treating christian patients and vise versa. What of teachers, aid workers? Let us intelligently discuss implementable solution to this problem. Hating is just plain dumb.

God bless you! People just like taking their hate on Islam. We all have to be objective during discussions.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Ibomade1: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2011
This Jos issue is almost getting out of hand. Something needs to be done about it now
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Obiagu1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2011
jason123:

God bless you! People just like taking their hate on Islam. We all have to be objective during discussions.

It's you that's making a case about Islam. The bottom line is that the North are murderers, whether they are "mistakenly" muslims, is not for you to keep harping on. They are murderers, simple.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2011
goggs:

But bad Christians do not kill in the name of religion. Christians are peaceful people for the most part. The same cannot be said of our Muslim "brothers."
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2011
The hausas, who are practly all muslims and who want to take over Jos, espcly Jos north LGA, are extremly conservative and do not mix wt other tribes, espcialy non muslims.
The Plateau indegine are mainly christians, they are very open and have all tribes, except the hausas, mixd with them very well, even as to intermarried with them, plenty ibos have Plateau wifes!
The ibos are mainly christians, who as I said b4, are well integrated with the indegines and that is why they are the target of the hausas!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by maclatunji: 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
All of these children or men with the minds of children that spam this site with: "the country must be divided" are just ignorant. Okay, for the sake of argument, let us imagine the country being divided. The two or three new countries would then go to war on these issues:

1. Border demarcation

2. Large number of new aliens in each others territory.

3. Regional supremacy.

This would then spread to places like  Cameroon and Benin Republic. It is obvious that all of you shouting for this country's division lack foresight and vision.

What you should clamour for is good governance and it starts with you engaging at the local level and participating in the process rather than all of this Internet-show-of-ignorance many people here persist in.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Tsiya(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's you that's making a case about Islam. The bottom line is that the North are murderers, whether they are "mistakenly" muslims, is not for to keep harping on. They are murderers, simple.

Hate is real and your mind is free to hate whom ever you want to hate. But be rational a times. There at least 50 - 70 millions muslims in Nigeria, with majority being in the North, if they are all murderers what do you think would have been happening? We would have been in a constant war.

The issue of Plateau is lack of leadership, trust and security. When government isn't able to offer security, leadership and direction, and in the middle of adversity, the people took laws in their hands.

Why hasn't the government done anything since? Rather than finding a solution, the government just took a normal knee jark reaction and deployed soilders. Are soilders going to heal the wounds? Are soilders going to offer sympathy, calm and compensation to victims? Are soilders going to provide justice?

Your hate of Muslims shouldn't cloud your sense of reasoning
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Obiagu1(m): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2011
Tsiya:

Hate is real and your mind is free to hate whom ever you want to hate. But be rational a times. There at least 50 - 70 millions muslims in Nigeria, with majority being in the North, if they are all murderers what do you think would have been happening? We would have been in a constant war.

The issue of Plateau is lack of leadership, trust and security. When government isn't able to offer security, leadership and direction, and in the middle of adversity, the people took laws in their hands.

Why hasn't the government done anything since? Rather than finding a solution, the government just took a normal knee jark reaction and deployed soilders. Are soilders going to heal the wounds? Are soilders going to offer sympathy, calm and compensation to victims? Are soilders going to provide justice?

Your hate of Muslims shouldn't cloud your sense of reasoning

I don't hate muslims! I have numerous Yoruba muslim friends.

I hate Northern Nigeria and they should fVck off from Nigeria and form their beloved sharia republic.

I don't live in denial, it's you that have to tell me why Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Bauchi, Abuja, Maiduguri crises happened.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
maclatunji:

All of these children or men with the minds of children that spam this site with: "the country must be divided" are just ignorant. Okay, for the sake of argument, let us imagine the country being divided. The two or three new countries would then go to war on these issues:

1. Border demarcation

2. Large number of new aliens in each others territory.

3. Regional supremacy.

This would then spread to places like  Cameroon and Benin Republic. It is obvious that all of you shouting for this country's division lack foresight and vision.

What you should clamour for is good governance and it starts with you engaging at the local level and participating in the process rather than all of this Internet-show-of-ignorance many people here persist in.

You simply do not understand. There are fundamental,incompatible and incorrigible differences between the us. Must we remain in ONE country? The three major tribes in Nigeria never liked the Nation or should I say "ONE Nigeria" ( from Ahamdu bello, to Awolowo and Ojukwu except from Nnamdi). So why must we force this marriage to work? Why must we allow this neo-colonisation to happen?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's you that's making a case about Islam. The bottom line is that the North are murderers, whether they are "mistakenly" muslims, is not for to keep harping on. They are murderers, simple.

No, it was the some guy that was making it religious (islam) and I had to intervene.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by wilywily9: 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
@jason123, this is for u
Finecat:

Your entire family and your Mosque Alfa are all Bastards you phocking Terrorists. I am Bona fide Yoruba man and i cherish human lives. My entire extended family were all Muslims and my father is the only one that has sense enough to know that Islam is a bad religion and i forever thank him for changing to Christianity before i was born. All my Muslim extended family does is jealousy and hatred, they hop from one Babalawo to another in order to harm my parents because they were more successful and Christian. Everything is wrong with that Religion called Islam.
I dey laugh, but not like Gorilla Yorubas
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2011
wily:wily:

@jason123, this is for uI dey laugh, but not like Gorilla Yorubas

I really do not know if you behave like this outside but you need to give your life to Christ so it can be cleansed. You hatred for everyother ethnic group is uncalled for.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2011
Well guys, time to go and relax now. Hope everybody, muslims, christians, budists, babalawos, etc, will be praying for us in Jos, as I know that some people are going to die here before daybreak tomorow!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
Well guys, time to go and relax now. Hope everybody, muslims, christians, budists, babalawos, etc, will be praying for us in Jos, as I know that some people are going to die here before daybreak tomorow!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by nwaigbomg(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
ALTHOUGH, I WILL NOT WISH ISLAM TO MY WORST ENEMY, I DON'T SUPPORT THOSE ATTACKING ISLAM, ALWAYS BEAR IN MIND THAT AN AVERAGE HAUSA/FULANI MAN IS AN INCOMPATIBLE BEATS WHO CANNOT TOLERATE OTHERS, I HAVE NUPE NEIGHBOURS AND FRIENDS WHO ARE HUMANE AND CANNOT THINK OF HARMING OTHERS (NON- MUSLIMS) UNDER ANY SITUATION[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Obiagu1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2011
nwaigbo_mg:

ALTHOUGH, I WILL NOT WISH ISLAM TO MY WORST ENEMY, I DON'T SUPPORT THOSE ATTACKING ISLAM, ALWAYS BEAR IN MIND THAT AN AVERAGE HAUSA/FULANI MAN IS AN INCOMPATIBLE BEATS WHO CANNOT TOLERATE OTHERS, I HAVE NUPE NEIGHBOURS AND FRIENDS WHO ARE HUMANE AND CANNOT THINK OF HARMING OTHERS (NON- MUSLIMS) UNDER ANY SITUATION

That's the point and Jason is here shouting Islam this, Islam that. Those who are considered the true North are Hausa/Fulani and they should take their like minds and disappear from Nigeria.

They are murderers and a murderer should not be allowed among the people.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by k9ine(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2011
4 GOODNESS SAKE, DO WE VE A PRESIDENT IN THIS COUNTRY
Is it 'cos its not happening in his home state?
Is he CORRECTLY & ADEQUATELY BRIEFED by d security chiefs?
Does he prefer April 2011 to, PIERCING THIS CRISES IN D HEART?
Does d Army Chief ve a specific origin of pple as targets 2 be shot at?
Those previously in police custody, what happened 2 them?
Do pple wake up from their dreams in d morning & find out they now instantly possess daggers, clubs, petrol bombs machetes, guns & IEDs?
What on earth is WRONG wt d 'NORTHERNERS'
MAYBE OUR GOVT, viz; Pre., Govs, NASS members, Royal Fathers, IGP, Lawyers, COAS, Defense Minister, Borom pple, Hausa- Muslims, want a GENOCIDE claiming millions of lives b4 we stop this insanity.
Govt shld face this self annihilation squarely or GOD will visit us wit His WRATH 4 d innocent blood we spill!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by wilywily9: 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2011
Oladiran:

I will never pray for the War between Indomitable Beromites and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulanis to Stop.
I am very very happy, am dancing at my grandfathers living room, with my Champagne.
Ready to sell Ak47 to the highest bidder
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
@finecat
i have gone through your post you have made me laug grin grin grin oh my goodness you surely have words grin grin grin however believe me it is only a dead God that his worshipper fight for, in my state i won't mention the name you dare not enter the place were kings are crown if you are not a member just few days by the time you start swelling like ballow you will regret. I have met elderly people that were once practicing islam they said to me 'islam is a dead religion there is no power' i believe thier fellowers are just trying to fight for and protect their dead God if their God is powerful why can't they pray to him to fight his enemies instead of them doing the dirty job for him. i have seen a mobile police officer got all sort of misterious sickness all because they went and destroy a evil shrine. i'm promoting that but i think it lack of knowledge that causes that . i have seen other moselm die and the are buried like common chicken without celebration i also saw how Late Chief GANI was buried long week of celebration.knowledge is power grin grin grin
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
Let my people go! I do not want to be in a country with terrorist. I only want to be a country filled with Christians like me. Since the East is predominately Christian. Let my people go! angry angry angry
Re: Jos Burning Now! by k9ine(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
4 GOODNESS SAKE, DO WE VE A PRESIDENT IN THIS COUNTRY
Is it 'cos its not happening in his home state?
Is he CORRECTLY & ADEQUATELY BRIEFED by d security chiefs?
Does he prefer April 2011 to, PIERCING THIS CRISES IN D HEART?
Does d Army Chief ve a specific origin of pple as targets 2 be shot at?
Those previously in police custody, what happened 2 them?
Do pple wake up from their dreams in d morning & find out they now instantly possess daggers, clubs, petrol bombs machetes, guns & IEDs?
What on earth is WRONG wt d 'NORTHERNERS'
MAYBE OUR GOVT, viz; Pre., Govs, NASS members, Royal Fathers, IGP, Lawyers, COAS, Defense Minister, Borom pple, Hausa- Muslims, want a GENOCIDE claiming millions of lives b4 we stop this insanity.
Govt shld face this self annihilation squarely or GOD will visit us wit His WRATH 4 d innocent blood we spill!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by born2boink(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2011
GEJ as failed, Not all Muslims are bad,it just the uncivilized few Hausa Muslims hoodlum attacking Muslims Yoruba,christian Yoruba,christian Ibo and Muslims Ibo, this people are not fool, they don't care if you are Muslims or not if you come from other tribe, they will surely attack.Wise up Nigeria. either fight back or watch yourself dead
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2011
born2fuck:

GEJ as failed, Not all Muslims are bad,it just the uncivilized few Hausa Muslims hoodlum attacking Muslims Yoruba,christian Yoruba,christian Ibo and Muslims Ibo, this people are not fool, they don't care if you are Muslims or not if you come from other tribe, they will surely attack.Wise up Nigeria. either fight back or watch yourself dead

That the exact point! It has nothing to do with Islam.
Obiagu1:

That's the point and Jason is here shouting Islam this, Islam that. Those who are considered the true North are Hausa/Fulani and they should take their like minds and disappear from Nigeria.

They are murderers and a murderer should not be allowed among the people.

No, my point is that the murder has nothing to do with Islam religion. Its the orientation of the people and their leaders that use them to gain political advantage in Nigeria.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by matazzmagi(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2011
Islam is a religion spread by violence. Mohammed, the protagonist of this violent faith fought 48 wars and of course, on several occassions, advocated this approach in dealing with "infidels." Religious-inspired and faith-driven violence all over the world today is almost entirely initiated by Moslems. Others fight in self-defense and hardly in the name of their faith. Islam teaches, encourages, approves and commands violence against "infidels,
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
For Christ sake, where do that man in Sahara Reporters got his infomation from? The STF commander in Jos corroborated, on NTA, that the marauding youths first stabed two female students as reported by the Tribune! I think some people are intentionaly manipulating infomation here!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Akanbiedu(m): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
^^^

the information no longer suit your purpose?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by calaway: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ Tsiya: Who would think that disgrunted Hausa/fulani will attack students? on second thots u have a point this wicked people kill 3month old babies and helpless women without qualms so students will be a walk in the park 4 them, This attitude is not  barbaric but animalistic. How can you broker peace with animals that donot need provocation to unleash unthinkable carnage. You dont broker peace with this lot you simply punish them (no one is above the law or has the right to take laws into his hands). Ok I accpt that the Hausa/fulani are angry that indigenes of Plateau state dont want the continued Hausa domination any longer (like the rest of Nigeria) but this is not a reason to make Jos a hell or ungovernable!!
If the peace and reconciliation you ascribe to is centered around the restoration of the desired status quo of Hausa domination, then this is far fetched cos nobody will be happy to oblige the Hausa and so they must leave the scene. The fire of violence they fuel and fan will eventually consume them. If you really have love for them beseech them to respect the sactity of Human life for their own good.
Leave FED.Govt out of this talk to the Hausa people. Govt has deployed securty operatives which is the most they can do. Even though the operative inherited by the government are agents and pawns of the animals as they are also murderers of children and innocents. If Govt has failed it is in the area of FEDERAL CHARACTER REPRESENTATION in the SECURITY OUTFITS in Nigeria. Unless you mean the F.Govt is failed cos it is not headed by Hausa.
I can discern that you wish the electorate in Plateau to be disenfranchised so as to allow for the imposition of a governmt that is not the wish of the people but of the architects of all these wicked confusion that will present the the opportunity for this scenario.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by mamagee3(f): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2011
[size=25pt]Crisis in Jos again? shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Jos Burning Now! by tgold2(m): 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
I happens to be a witness, its realy hot today. I live close to Faringada. Soldiers,students and the Hausas were busy shootin guns. So many feard dead. I stood far watchn the action film.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Akanbiedu(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
goggs:

Stop preaching to these people, a lot of them had their mind made up. Allow the generalization to continue so that they can box themselves into a corner.

These people were always calling for the sack of Dambazzau the then COAS but now guess who they want sacked now - not the COAS! have you heard anybody calling for the sack of of Ihejirika?That should tell you what they want.

Some of them are not as ignorant as you think. People like EzeUche and some other biafrans are on a mission. they probably realised that fighting for Biafra is not realistic, so they'd use the christian/southern front. So division along religious lines is their strategy, they also are hoping to get the international support using this strategy. They probably are working on the idea that it won't be that hard to secede from the south since the yorubas are seen to be weak by the Igbos.

We muslims in the Yorubaland are watching closely, so you people should not get carried away with the southern bullshit. We know the real fight is religious.

Hypocrites! Anytime they report hausa/fulani being killed, they hardly comment but whenever Igbo or berom or christian is killed, you get hundred pages of comments.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by lightheart(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2011
wuld the fed. govt need anoda budget reading to declare a state of emergency?? cant they see that the jos crisis has even gone past the boiling point to the burning point?? shuld arms be folded until it spreads to other states?? WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT?? it is now so evident dat people from east cant go to the north and still feel at home!! I WEEP FOR THE SOULS GONE, THEY NEVA SIGNED UP FOR DIS!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Diezani’s ‘cousin’, Donald Chidi-Amamgbo Arrested By EFCC Over Fraud / Lai Mohammed On 'Winning' Against Boko Haram And The Twitter Ban - BBC Africa / History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.