Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Jos Burning Now! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Burning Now! (15771 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Burning Now! by aljharem(m): 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

I can guarantee you this, You can abuse Jesus and call him all kinds of names in downtown Jerusalem and still walk away with your life intact. But let me ask you this, Can i abuse or call Mohammed names in downtown Kano or Kaduna and walk away with my life? Be honest with yourself and answer this question.

dude, when did you see my post insulting Jesus undecided

unlike you, i respect other religions

why would i insult Jesus in even Borno state not to talk of jerusalem undecided

look, you have to respect other religions whether it is christian or not,ok! angry
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Orikinla(m): 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
When I warned of the consequences, others dismissed my warning. The civil war is just starting.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

And the same Bible says that "Do not be of equal yolk with an unbeliever".

What chapter and verse is that? Secondly, even if the  bible said that, are you using it to justify the hate you have?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
alj harem:

dude, when did you see my post insulting Jesus undecided

unlike you, i respect other religions

why would i insult Jesus in even Borno state not to talk of jerusalem undecided

look, you have to respect other religions whether it is christian or not,ok! angry

I did not accuse you of insulting Christ, i am Comparing the people of both faiths to show you how violent Muslims can be.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
jason123:

What chapter and verse is that? Secondly, even if the  bible said that, are you using it to justify the hate you have?

Hate is a bad words for my feeling towards Muslims, i dont hate them, i just dont like the religion and the belief that they practice.

Check 2Corinthians 6:14
Re: Jos Burning Now! by aljharem(m): 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

I did not accuse you of insulting Christ, i am Comparing the people of both faiths to show you how violent Muslims can be.

Look brother whether they are violent or not, you have to respect other people's religion even if it is not christian

i have said time and time again that it is not islam but individuals, even on this forum

i blame the government for not protecting the people in jos whether muslim or christians

do you know the amount of muslims that are killed in jos everyday undecided but the media does not document that,.,. why
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Chyz2: 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2011
jason123:

[b]What chapter and verse is that? [/b]Secondly, even if the  bible said that, are you using it to justify the hate you have?

2 Corinthians 6:14
Re: Jos Burning Now! by kettykin: 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
40 years ago they shot at ibos , their women and children died of starvation , some people said thank God I am not ibo that serves then right they killed other people's leaders and deserved to be killed and starved to death.

Yesterday they shot plateau women and some people said thank God I am not a woman and am not from plateau.

Today they are shooting at undergraduates and some people in the comfort of their homes are saying thank God I am a graduate and not a unijos student or even in jos.

Tommorrow it could be your turn
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
doublekay, I have the same worry as u! Imagine that north africa revolutions was started by a comon vegetable seller seting himself ablaze out of frustration! Our dumb headed leaders are there in Abuja least borderd wth what is hapning in Jos. Nigeria could indeed go up in flame with some people already trowng religious banters at each other, even on this simple forum!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2011
alj harem:

Look brother whether they are violent or not, you have to respect other people's religion even if it is not christian

i have said time and time again that it is not islam but individuals, even on this forum

i blame the government for not protecting the people in jos whether muslim or christians

do you know the amount of muslims that are killed in jos everyday undecided but the media does not document that,.,. why

You seem like a very sensible and understanding individual and it will be a tragedy to see you waste your life and eternity on a religion that has no promise or peace. Try a taste of Joy, Family, Happiness and freedom on the inside.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

Hate is a bad words for my feeling towards Muslims, i dont hate them, i just dont like the religion and the belief that they practice.

Why? just because it does not conform to yours?? We have to be honest here. We only hate islam because it's the only religion that threatens Christianity and Islam only hate Christianity because its threatens Islam. We MUST not always blame everything on religion. What is happening in Jos now has to do with ethnicity not religion. But since the beroms are predominately christains and the hausas are predominately muslims, people are bound to look at it from a religious point of view.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by aljharem(m): 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

You seem like a very sensible and understanding individual and it will be a tragedy to see you waste your life and eternity on a religion that has no promise or peace. Try a taste of Joy, Family, Happiness and freedom on the inside.

brother, i think it is the other way around
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2011
jason123:

Why? just because it does not conform to yours?? We have to be honest here. We only hate islam because it's the only religion that threatens Christianity and Islam only hate Christianity because its threatens Islam. We MUST not always blame everything on religion. What is happening in Jos now has to do with ethnicity not religion. But since the beroms are predominately christains and the hausas are predominately muslims, people are bound to look at it from a religious point of view.
That is bunch of Bull. Islam has no threat to Christianity whatsoever, I will rather die than become a Muslim. People that practice Christianity find joy and peace.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2011
Chyz*:

2 Corinthians 6:14

But he did not complete the verse. It also says," For what fellowership has righteousness with lawlessness?". You and I both know that islam is not lawless.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2011
alj harem:

brother, i think it is the other way around

You think but i know. And i'm very sure of it at best. Give it a try and your life will be transformed into a Buoyancy of joy and love.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Obiagu1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2011
The Jos students got involved when some muslims coming back from burial attacked two female students and stabbed them. This provoked the students to a protest.

. . . and what happened?
Brig. Gen. Hassan Umaru ordered the killing of more students, like WTF
Why hasn't GEJ fired this man?
Which kind of country is this?

It's time students all over the country join in solidarity with their Jos counterparts and call for a referendum. Students can do it!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

That is bunch of Bull. Islam has no threat to Christianity whatsoever, I will rather die than become a Muslim. People that practice Christianity find joy and peace.

@ Bolded

Same here. But we have to be objective and not introduce religious sentiments.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by kettykin: 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2011
If what is happening in jos has nothing to do with religion like some funny people are postulating , how come ibos where attacked in this 21 century stupidty
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Mubz(m): 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2011
So much for ignorance, Unbelievable comments, When dumb pple start sayin Islam is the enemy, Ignorance is really disease and pretty contagious, hmmmmm
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2011
kettykin:

40 years ago they shot at ibos , their women and children died of starvation , some people said thank God I am not ibo that serves then right they killed other people's leaders and deserved to be killed and starved to death.

Yesterday they shot plateau women and some people said thank God I am not a woman and am not from plateau.

Today they are shooting at undergraduates and some people in the comfort of their homes are saying thank God I am a graduate and not a unijos student or even in jos.

Tommorrow it could be your turn

That is not the case. But yeah, tomorrow it could be anyones turn.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by aljharem(m): 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2011
kettykin:

If what i[b]s happening in jos has nothing to do with religion like some funny people are postulating [/b], how come ibos where attacked in this 21 century stupidty

thank you
Mubz:

So much for ignorance, Unbelievable comments, When dumb pple start sayin Islam is the enemy, Ignorance

is really disease and pretty contagious, hmmmmm
thank you brother

please tell them
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2011
May this become a religious war. A righteous war against those who threaten Christendom!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
Mubz:

So much for ignorance,  Unbelievable comments,  When dumb pple start sayin Islam is the enemy, Ignorance is really disease and pretty contagious, hmmmmm

True!

kettykin:

If what is happening in jos has nothing to do with religion like some funny people are postulating , how come ibos where attacked in this 21 century stupidty

IbosIgbos trade alot and are everywhere. Naturally, if there is an upraise, then they are bound to be involved. Remember, not only igbo were killed.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by kettykin: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2011
I have also observed how most noise makers in the country have chickened out and not making any comments like Mr laughter a.k.a OBJ , gowon, danjuma , useni, domkat bali even david mark who called ghadafi a mad man some months back.

But when it comes to less trivial issues such as some ibo massob boy shouting biafra , we see these noise makers in action .

Is it that their boldness is one sided or they are plain stupid
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2011
Mubz:

So much for ignorance,  Unbelievable comments,  When dumb pple start sayin Islam is the enemy, Ignorance is really disease and pretty contagious, hmmmmm

We seem to excuse islam when the faithfuls of islam commits these terroristic acts. When 911 was perpetrated by devout muslim terrorists in the USA, there were wild Jubilations across the Muslim world until Bush started to Bomb the living daylight out of Iraq and Afghanistan. And all of a sudden, people started claiming that islam was not the reasons behind 911 when we all know that it was the sole reason behind it. Why is it that every time a devout muslim commit these evil, we find a way to excuse the religion. Just last month, a judge in Pakistan was Murdered in cold blood because he deviated from the words of the Quran, isn't that a religious killing? Get real, islam is a criminal religion!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by kettykin: 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
I pray it does not get to a stage where the military boys take over .

But before it gets to that stage please each tribe should organise their own defence forces (army) since the national inept armed forces can not achieve simple tasks of maintaining peace and only good at shooting women and undergraduate and starving defenceless women and children.
I wonder how they managed in ecomog ( thank God ghana was involved )

The hausa / fulani has bastardized the army , nigerian army is in big trouble.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by calaway: 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
Some of us have relations who r students in Univs across the country. Students who have only just resumed to lectures last week in Jos where going about their sturdy related activies when Hausa youths ambushed and Killed six of them yesterdy and this morning students angered by the killing of their collegues mobilized and staged a demonstration in protest , only to get shot at by the STF, The same STF watched as 50 innocent Nigerians travelling trough Jos  were killed and burnt by hausa youth. dont be surprised that those  unfortunate students could easily be somebody close to you. We must all  condemn the Hausa/Fulani tribe  for these dastardly act of murderous act which they perpetrate with impunity with confidence of the backing of the STF. THis situation do not give room to any fence sitting by7 any group as yoruba, igbos,Tivs,berom,ijaw,calabar, indeed any one who is not Hausa muslim stands the risk of getting killed with out provocation by the Hausa youth. It is shocking that the news sipping out of Jos is distorted always. Really the is no religious crisis stewing rather there are attacks with a religious backdrop organized alway by a tribal collective.  Those who sympathize with these murderers eighter cos the share the same religious or tribal sentiments must condemn these actions and seek the apprehension and punishment of these deviant, if they mean well for all, Or simply advice their brethren to stop dragging their repute in mud
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Tsiya(m): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
kettykin:

I have also observed how most noise makers in the country have chickened out and not making any comments like Mr laughter a.k.a OBJ , gowon, danjuma , useni, domkat bali even david mark who called ghadafi a mad man some months back.

But when it comes to less trivial issues such as some ibo massob boy shouting biafra , we see these noise makers in action .

Is it that their boldness is one sided or they are plain silly

The people involved in the crises and all the victims are poor people and therefore do not present a challenge to their looting status.

Massop, Niger-delta crises affects their daily loot and therefore they will talk about it.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2011
kettykin:

I pray it does not get to a stage where the military boys take over .

But before it gets to that stage please each tribe should organise their own defence forces (army) since the national inept armed forces can not achieve simple tasks of maintaining peace and only good at shooting women and undergraduate and starving defenceless women and children.
I wonder how they managed in ecomog ( thank God ghana was involved )

The hausa / fulani has bastardized the army , nigerian army is in big trouble.

You are 110% right!!!!! The army was / has been bastardised!!!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2011
Before all this killing can stop we to start accepting that we are one. Even in this forum most of the post have element of tribalism in it
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Tsiya(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
calaway:

Some of us have relations who r students in Univs across the country. Students who have only just resumed to lectures last week in Jos where going about their sturdy related activies when Hausa youths ambushed and Killed six of them yesterdy and this morning students angered by the killing of their collegues mobilized and staged a demonstration in protest , only to get shot at by the STF, The same STF watched as 50 innocent Nigerians travelling trough Jos  were killed and burnt by hausa youth. dont be surprised that those  unfortunate students could easily be somebody close to you. We must all  condemn the Hausa/Fulani tribe  for these dastardly act of murderous act which they perpetrate with impunity with confidence of the backing of the STF. THis situation do not give room to any fence sitting by7 any group as yoruba, igbos,Tivs,berom,ijaw,calabar, indeed any one who is not Hausa muslim stands the risk of getting killed with out provocation by the Hausa youth. It is shocking that the news sipping out of Jos is distorted always. Really the is no religious crisis stewing rather there are attacks with a religious backdrop organized alway by a tribal collective.  Those who sympathize with these murderers eighter cos the share the same religious or tribal sentiments must condemn these actions and seek the apprehension and punishment of these deviant, if they mean well for all, Or simply advice their brethren to stop dragging their repute in mud

First, considering the level of violence and killings in Jos, the university shouldn't have been opened in the first place.

Jos is in a war, unless peace is restored, followed by peace and reconciliation conference followed by conselidation of the peace gained, after that normal life activities should resumed including elections.

One can just imagine, under this same security crises, the government is encouraging people to go out and register and they are also planning for elections in the same Jos. To elect who and for what? The Federal government failed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nasarawa Governorship Primaries: Maku Gives PDP One Week Ultimatum / Reps Sex Scandal Investigation Begins Today / ICC Invites Malami Over Shi'ites/Army Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.