Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Jos Burning Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Burning Now! (15710 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 29, 2011
Following yestaday clash between UNIJOS students and their muslim neighour in Angwan-rogo, the Farin-gada area of Jos is today on fire with a thick smoke billowing from burning structures coupled with sporadic gun shots!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by RichDad1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2011
can someone comfirm this please? OMG! Whats happening in that part of the country? sad(
Re: Jos Burning Now! by obailala(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
And politicians in a bid to cling to their seats are saying it's to early for a state of emergency. . . maybe when a nuke is detonated, they would understand
Re: Jos Burning Now! by bencobenz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2011
Oh no, not again! cry
Re: Jos Burning Now! by 175(m): 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
Yeah it is 4 real. My baby who is a student in uj has been givin me min by min acct of happenins in jos n most esplly her area since last nite courtsey of mtn magic nos. Abeg make dem close down uj make she com bak 2 me 4 now until tins calm down
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jamace(m): 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2011
The people and in deed the students of UNIJOS have decided to defend themselves from the pangs of perpetual killings in Jos.

The military arrests and handover the suspects to the police for investigation but the suspects are always back to the streets the next moment doing what they know how to do best- killing and maiming. Suspects charged to court regain freedom in a twinkling of an eye or are never tried due to adjournment of cases.

The police and lawyers in Jos are continuosly smiling to the banks and praying that the crises continue.

Re: Jos Burning Now! by spyder880(m): 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
175:

Yeah it is 4 real. My baby who is a student in uj has been givin me min by min acct of happenins in jos n most esplly her area since last nite courtsey of mtn magic nos. Abeg make dem close down uj make she com bak 2 me 4 now until tins calm down

See your life? You pray for crisis so you could enjoy the presence of your girl?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by philip0906(m): 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2011
uncle joe is busy putting finishing touches 2 his presidential campaign. . .make dem manage. . .sick country
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2011
My father just told me about what happened in Jos. I have a lot of family in that town, and it is getting very crazy. It seems like some Hausa hoodlums started fights at the university. The situation is getting very serious.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by namfav(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2011
EzeUche_:

My father just told me about what happened in Jos. I have a lot of family in that town, and it is getting very crazy. It seems like some Hausa hoodlums started fights at the university. The situation is getting very serious.
listen bush boy, on the other thread you wished for violence, you wished for war and now that there is this situation you are crying injustice, if thats what you wish for then why are you uncomfortable with the situation?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
namfav:

listen bush boy, on the other thread you wished for violence, you wished for war and now that there is this situation you are crying injustice, if thats what you wish for then why are you uncomfortable with the situation?

Look desert rat, I wish the Berom people would grow some balls and kick your people out of Jos. And I continue to wish that. The people of the South are innocent bystanders. Who is crying? Just saying that this conflict is hitting close to home. I have an auntie who resides in that town as well. Lord help you people if she is harmed.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by namfav(m): 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2011
EzeUche_:

Look desert rat, I wish the Berom people would grow some balls and kick your people out of Jos. And I continue to wish that. The people of the South are innocent bystanders. Who is crying? Just saying that this conflict is hitting close to home. I have an auntie who resides in that town as well. Lord help you people if she is harmed.

i know atleast 2 people who were caught in the situation with you bushmen do you find me crying for revenge, what comes comes there are situations which cannot be avoided nigeria is largely divided and certain areas you cannot go in certain times, if you wish for a war don't cry to your mother when it comes,i always laugh at bushmen who think they can cry for a war when they are the biggest cowards in west africa
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
namfav:

i know atleast 2 people who were caught in the situation with you bushmen do you find me crying for revenge, what comes comes there are situations which cannot be avoided nigeria is largely divided and certain areas you cannot go in certain times, if you wish for a war don't cry to your mother when it comes,i always laugh at bushmen who think they can cry for a war when they are the biggest cowards in west africa

Oh I would love to have a war with you people. Revenge is the sweetest thing, next to getting punany. And this situation can be avoided. If you people leave this union. No one wants your people in Nigeria. Not the Yoruba and definitely not the Igbo. All the people of the South are united in their hatred for the North. I cannot stand your people so much, I would gladly hold hands with the Yoruba to defeat you people in battle.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by namfav(m): 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
EzeUche_:

Oh I would love to have a war with you people. Revenge is the sweetest thing, next to getting punany. And this situation can be avoided. If you people leave this union. No one wants your people in Nigeria. Not the Yoruba and definitely not the Igbo. All the people of the South are united in their hatred for the North. I cannot stand your people so much, I would gladly hold hands with the Yoruba to defeat you people in battle.

you will get it one day, there is nothing thati despice more than a dogs sh1t than your type, there are some igbos i will drink tea with but your type, i will never look into your eye, filthy bushman, you will get what you wish for one day
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2011
namfav:

you will get it one day, there is nothing thati despice more than a dogs sh1t than your type, there are some igbos i will drink tea with but your type, i will never look into your eye, filthy bushman, you will get what you wish for one day

And some Hausa I have encountered have always been loyal & trustworthy. I even have some Hausa friends. But your type is something else. I hope all Hausa do not hold your views. That would crush my spirits, because unlike many of my brethren, I can see some of your people as friends.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by ShangoThor(m): 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
namfav:

quote]

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State, so they can form their perfect society.

I doubt that there would any main objections to achieveing this goal by the other regions in Nigeria. The scenario that exist now is synonymous to the phrase  "you can't have your cake and eat it too".[/size]
Re: Jos Burning Now! by spyder880(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2011
I only hope this will lead to the balkanization of this sick country, but it will not.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by juman(m): 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
Why are we forcing ourselves together?? These people are different from us. Why are we forcing ourselves together by force?? Why, why and why.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by ShangoThor(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
juman:

Why are we forcing ourselves together?? These people are different from us. Why are we forcing ourselves together by force?? Why, why and why.

It's simply the begining of the end? How can those that distinguish themselves by the adoption of a body of religious laws, deemed superior to the laws of the State, end up custodians of the State.

It is time to end these contradictions! Enough is enough, Nigeria is a Pluralistic sociey. How much more bloodshed?

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State,"you can't have your cake and eat it too".[/size]
Re: Jos Burning Now! by ddcmachine: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
I'm thinking that these islams are doing things together. Tune to cnn, egypt is in crises now as jos is, reflect on bombing on new year's eve in nigeria and egypt same day. God help us.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2011
The smoke has cleared, things are calm now! I think we just wait for newspaper reports tomorow. I will actualy recomend you check-up sunday tribune, they seem to have a hard working correspondence here in Jos.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by 13volts(m): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
Oladiran:

The smoke has cleared, things are calm now! I think we just wait for newspaper reports tomorow. I will actualy recomend you check-up sunday tribune, they seem to have a hard working correspondence here in Jos.

Yah everything is now clear as we wait for 2morows paper the berom people are ready celebrating another success of destruction see people decades of sweat go up in flames. Yet check it out 2morows paper especially the same tribune that would not be specific as who the aggressors are.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by T9ksy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
EzeUche_:

All the people of the South are united in their hatred for the North.

That's the first true statement i seen coming from you.

ShangoThor:

quote]

[size=14pt] I doubt that there would be any main objections to achieveing this goal by the other regions in Nigeria. The scenario that exist now is synonymous to the phrase  "you can't have your cake and eat it too".[/size]

Of course, there won't be (any objections) but unfortunately for us, they have tasted power and they are not in a rush to commit hara-kiri. Pa Awo said that these people are not ready to join the comity of civilized world but certain individuals for nefarious and personal gains, opposed the notion. In fact, they jumped into bed with them. . . . . . . . . . . . as a junior partner!

This is the beginning of the end but we shall not see the end until more blood are shed. Its not my wish but just the reality of our situation.  I can't see the north acquiescing to a peaceful dismemberment of this skewed union when its not in their interest. I just pray that we won't have to go down the sudan route b4 we finally get our wish.  
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2011
We realy do not need to wait till tomorow, the latest report is on SAHARA REPORTER! U can check it with some terible image.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2011
alj harem:

shut you cat mouth, mumu

is saudi not better that nigeria

i can tell you are a southerner, probably igbo or other southern minority

mumu

always blame islam or northerner for the woes of the nation

when we wanted to leave nigeria, your ideeiot mumu leader nnamdi azikewe told us to stay

now it is not working well for you southerners, you what us to leave

ideeiot angry angry

Yes i am Yourba and a christian and i thank my stars for that. Saudi is better than Nigeria because the west controls the rate of fanatism in Saudi. Women in Saudi today are doing things that can get them killed in Northern Nigeria. Nigeria is what it is today because of these cows called Muslims either they are in the north or the ones in the south. Their thoughts and behavior are deplorable. You would think that since Mohammed allow them to marry more than one wife, they will spend more time having sex than than killing non-muslims. I hate that religion (Islam) with all my guts!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

Yes i am Yourba and a christian and i thank my stars for that. Saudi is better than Nigeria because the west controls the rate of fanatism in Saudi. Women in Saudi today are doing things that can get them killed in Northern Nigeria. Nigeria is what it is today because of these cows called Muslims either they are in the north or the ones in the south. Their thoughts and behavior are deplorable. You would think that since Mohammed allow them to marry more than one wife, they will spend more time having sex than than killing non-muslims. I hate that religion (Islam) with all my guts!

That's a lie to the highest heavens!!! No yoruba man in his right senses would insult islam. You are not of yoruba origin and if you are then, you are a bast.ard. What would you do to the muslims in lagos or oyo? Kill them? I am sure some of your family members are muslim.
All in all, you are not of yoruba origin.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Alj harem

I hope you guys can leave and take the muslims in the south with you. Good riddance to bad rubbish in my Opinion. You cannot sustain yourself and your people, you phocking illiterates. What kind of religion teaches you to shed innocent blood because he doesnt believe in your religion??
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
13volts, I think u suld be 'happy' wt what is on Sahara Reporters! Mind u, the clashes is mainly between STUDENTS, who are combination of many tribes, and the hausa community with soldies now following order and mowing down some future leaders.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by aljharem(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

@Alj harem

I hope you guys can leave and take the muslims in the south with you. Good riddance to bad rubbish in my Opinion. You cannot sustain yourself and your people, you phocking illiterates. What kind of religion teaches you to shed innocent blood because he doesnt believe in your religion??
grin grin grin grin grin grin

you make me laugh grin

you must be craze angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
Finecat:

@Alj harem

Islam is going nowhere. It has nothing to do with the rrligion. How many times have you seen a yoruba muslim killing a yoruba christain? So, stop lying, you are not a yoruba man/boy.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
This was a message from a student in Jos. -

"I stay in jos and i know how the violence started. The muslims coming back from burial attacked two female students and stabbed them. This provoked the students to a protest in which the so-called security (army) shot at students. While they (army) were shooting at students, the muslim rioters were burning down churches and the soldiers did nothing to stop them. Sahara reporters should put religion aside and give the news truthfully."
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Finecat(m): 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
jason123:

That's a lie to the highest heavens!!! No yoruba man in his right senses would insult islam. You are not of yoruba origin and if you are then, you are a bast.ard. What would you do to the muslims in lagos or oyo? Kill them? I am sure some of your family members are muslim.
All in all, you are not of yoruba origin.

Your entire family and your Mosque Alfa are all Bastards you phocking Terrorists. I am Bona fide Yoruba man and i cherish human lives. My entire extended family were all Muslims and my father is the only one that has sense enough to know that Islam is a bad religion and i forever thank him for changing to Christianity before i was born. All my Muslim extended family does is jealousy and hatred, they hop from one Babalawo to another in order to harm my parents because they were more successful and Christian. Everything is wrong with that Religion called Islam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Who Are These Nigerian Cabals / Asset Declaration: Appeal Court Quashes Orubebe’s Conviction / Buhari’s Silence On Zoning, Successor Unsettles APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.