Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage (47886 Views)

Why Unmarried Ladies Must Have A Child Before 30 - Relationship Expert (pic/vid) / Things Ladies Do When They Are Cheating In Relationship / 14 Things Ladies Need To Work On To Avoid Late Marriage In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by paulolee(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Which kain financial support?
Why will he collect money from his girlfriend?
lolz...i CNT believe a girl is saying this...meaning she should just keep receiving from the guy without giving??
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by godwinjessica: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
5 mistakes small YouTuber makes|make these changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klomTnelE-Y
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Chicent(m): 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Haba. But you don't have to have sex first to know if a man has a dick or that it gets erect. So many other ways to know!

You guys with "touch it, it's hard!" grin

She didnt know that style... Its not for everyone though... some might get lucky while others won't. But to me its better to play safe, It will save a lot.
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Agreed, poster. I will advise ladies waiting for marriage to continue waiting. Don't fall into the it's-ok-to-have-sex-before-marriage-trap like you may be hearing. Don't mind any names you're being called - over-holy, pretender, liar. Stay true to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
tydi:

You have a point. But most times understanding is what a woman needs to keep her marriage going knowing what tolls it takes a man to keep the family going, but when this understanding from the part of the woman is lacking it pushes the man to cherish his freedom with bachelorhood thereby calling back all the memories of it and the woman becomes frustrated thinking the man is irresponsible and doesn't value the marriage again.
I think the man needs more of that understanding,both men and women toil these days to keep the family going but most men wants an angel like wife who dare not question his excesses,wants freedom to do and undo which eventually leads to so much cracks in the marriage.Theres nothing like freedom in marriage,you both are accountable and answereth to each other and if you cant compromise as man,then remain single to lessen the increased number of broken homes.
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by bleskid: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
u are just a great noise maker.. empty content
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
Chicent:

She didnt know that style... Its not for everyone though... some might get lucky while others won't. But to me its better to play safe, It will save a lot.

What's your definition of playing safe?
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Alexaonfleek: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
paulolee:

lolz...i CNT believe a girl is saying this...meaning she should just keep receiving from the guy without giving??
Look,don't get me wrong.
It's okay when it's the occasional birthday gift or something.
A girlfriend can also give her man gifts too.

But when it comes to saying that she should carry 200k and give the guy all in the name of financial support and building her man,I don't support it.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Chicent(m): 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

What's your definition of playing safe?

Test all Testables... It surely applies to both Male and Female. Its better you know what you are accepting and going into. So that "HAD I KNOW won't your case". Hope you understand
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
LINTUNE:
show me were in the bible that virginity for men was emphasized on, unlike women...dont try and involve bible into this, cos u will fail woefully...back then virginity was the most important attribute that men look for in a woman..tell me how many women in the bible that married more than one man..ok now, we all knew great men in the bible that married thier first wife as virgin and went ahead to later marry thier second wife as a virgin..
This men married as virgins too,i don't want to start quoting Bible here.Dont seek a virgin woman if you ain't a virgin man,who will marry the one's you disvirgined. You must marry the girl you defile Deuteronomy 22:29(OT),,1Corinthians 7:12(NT)
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Chibae4real: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
pretydiva:
Lost a potential relationship because of no 1. He doesn't want a no sex relationship

My dear, i'm happy you lost the so called potential relationship.

Forgive me please..... That guy never loves you, even if you gives him, he will still dump you.

I'm talking from personal experience

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by DAVE5(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
pretydiva:
Lost a potential relationship because of no 1. He doesn't want a no sex relationship

Guy prolly wasn't serious, just wanted sex and move

But hope u were also keeping ur sef ohh, cos I don c girls wey say "no sex till marriage" while uncles were servicing them really hard elsewhere

No one can be trusted nowadays

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by paulolee(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Look,don't get me wrong.
It's okay when it's the occasional birthday gift or something.
A girlfriend can also give her man gifts too.

But when it comes to saying that she should carry 200k and give the guy all in the name of financial support and building her man,I don't support it.
noooooo...i neva said that...i mean she shud assit in buying or doing things that they both need...like paying bills after going out atims and doing other menial stuffs
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
There are no hard and fast rules. Just do you.

The most important thing is that undefined relationships should be highly discouraged, so also crazy-ass long term relationships. Dating someone for 5, 7-10 years? Odiegwu! Maka gini? Better give yourself a brain. Only date when you are ready for marriage. No go over use your toto on top one mumu boy. After one year of dating, you have the right to ask him where the relationship is heading to, any contrary or defunct answer, abort the mission. I repeat, abort the mission. And that's why I advised against dating all these under 30-year-old.

I talk too much sef! angry

5 Likes

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by HitSong: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
chatinent:
All rights reserved.
(c) Chatinent
As a girl caught up in the circles of getting married, you must train yourself. Here are few things you should know and avoid.
1. Sex and sleeping over is not a marriage certification. Rather a sin because of what it begets. Engaging in pre-marital sex is like opening a surprise bag before it is being delivered to you. No matter how you sugarclothe it, whether you call it 'dating,' 'fianceship,' 'betrothedness' or all what not, it is wrong and it is very wrong to start living with the opposite sex before marriage; you pose yourself to be a toy to be played with then discarded when a new catch comes. By the way, whoever likes an old, overused stuff that came free! Dear singles, don't let anyone deceive you. Some married lady may be telling you to also do it, saying that's how she got hers. One question: with how many men was she this cheap before one unfortunate one was deceived?
2. Cooking, sweeping and laundry. You saw 'cooking' right? You must feel it's a misplaced priority, but I'll prove you wrong. The African man will always stress on this wife-to-be being a good cook who can bring out his best meals palatable. Come to think of it, do many of them not cheat after all and choose another girl -- probably sb who hasn't even cooked for him once? Whoever told you food restrain cheats! If you like, wash his dirty undies as well as his lineage's dump, mob the whole stair case from his house to the express, do the dishes, or sweep his house even to the next three streets, he'll marry the person he'll still marry. Sorry to poke your bubble. Many who did all these ended up in Titanic tears. In fact, I advise you to be you: let him know the boundaries of a wife and a girlfriend. As you yourself keep numerous male friends trying to sift the best option, guys also keep a handy of female friends till the 'heavenly' match is ascertained. Don't come and nanny another woman's husband for free!
3. Avoid the 'sex before marriage' crew.
I have little to say. Just realize that many perverts are finding the nearest gullible one to use this ancient trick on. What actually are they testing? If they don't believe you are the marriage type, why don't the choose another? Truth is if you accidentally get pregnant, there is still no guaranty of marriage. You have your permission to try it; it'll end in tears.
4. Take care of your body. Taking care does not mean you have to fix hawk feathers as eye-lashes, expose cleavages or wear mini-skirt, it actually means being responsible. Go easy on the make-up, it actually doesn't get anything positive, but sexually negative. Second, if you have a bump on your belly that protrudes, try treat it. Over 98% of guys alive will actually take it for what it commonly is: THAT YOU DON BORN BEFORE! Funnily, if that is the case, you cannot hide it, almost all guys are specially gifted in discovering this. You see why you shouldn't even have pre-marital sex in the first place, let alone an abortion?
5. Always say the truth about your details. Rather than lying, it's better you tell sb that a particular request is confidential. Remember, one lie must need more lies to keep the lie young. One thing is you can freely lie about your age, certification or any other thing and get married (a trophy you think) but believe you me, the day your partner discovers you fooled him all along, that is the day you pause the love, trust and peace forever, and start enjoy Buchi Emecheta's joy of motherhood.
Conclusion: It's not about looking beautiful or less beautiful that determines the speed, it's about discovering who you shouldn't be. It's about not following the worldly course of fashion. Most times, we are the reason why our relationSHIPS sail for the rift. Remember, not all engagement rings are an Alice-in-wonderland world, some are suffeRINGS.
@ Number 3
A girl that is not a virgin and has had sex with more than one person (A WHỌRE) does not have the "right" to request for no sex before marriage.

NA THUNDER GO FIRE THAT GIRL TOTO

4 Likes

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by RiskyJoint95(m): 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fantastic Rules But this world is just somehow
Rules are ALWAYS relative. Nothing is ABSOLUTE.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Alexaonfleek: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
paulolee:

noooooo...i neva said that...i mean she shud assit in buying or doing things that they both need...like paying bills after going out atims and doing other menial stuffs
smiley
We're on the same page then....but the guy still takes majority of the bills sha
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by adetounblessing(f): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
pretydiva:
You lost nothing ..He doesn't Worth it
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by paulolee(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
smiley
We're on the same page then....but the guy still takes majority of the bills sha
lolz....gels eeh...una no go kee guys shaa
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Chochovini: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
Dudotessy21:
Am so proud of my virginity
. THERE‘S No virgin in Nigeria as it stands. Unless you are commenting from outside the con3.
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
pretydiva:
The relationship might not worth it, some guys use relationship as an excuse to lay with you.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
Chicent:

Test all Testables... It surely applies to both Male and Female. Its better you know what you are accepting and going into. So that "HAD I KNOW won't your case". Hope you understand

Frankly speaking, I understand the logic behind wanting to check compatibility, drive and all what not. I've rationalized the thought at some point, too but truthfully that ideology isn't sustainable.

It is a ploy with which so many people, especially girls will be deceived. To what extent will a person keep sampling? Skyrocketing bodycount...backlog of sexual memories.

Darlings, don't do it o. If you have to enter into a sexual relationship at all, be very very discerning about the person you date... check all parameters before feelings set in... and be sure the person checks the right boxes before you even start considering sex.

6 Likes

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
I agree with all except no.3. How will I marry a man have not had sex with? what if he's a dickless man or has a big for nothing dick. I do t want to cheat on my husband abeg. Not after abstaining from sex I will now come and marry off point. Even the bible say we should 'test and see". For sex is very important in marriage and I'm not taking chances
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Ojady(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Interesting and incisive piece: Simply put: You will have your accepted/hitherto Single/Self/My way of life shaken to its roots...and this goes for both man or woman. Being married is not the same as side chicking/Asst boyfriending, dating, rehearsing for marriage -IT IS WHAT IT IS - Not for the selfish, immature or as an excuse or an escape from something/someone
Prepare to cleave and compromise. To cleave means to split or sever. Some views, relationships, behaviours WILL HAVE TO GO. The list is inexhaustible and peculiar, howbeit once you are prepared, (prepared as in readily adapting, gradually going with the flow till it's natural, seeking to understand why with a lot of long suffering and patience) the transition will not be VERY difficult. When one gets married, one has to be ready for change and, to change. That girlfriend who could not hurt a fly,you will discover gets overly upset when you finish peeing and dont pull up the toilet seat; the guy who when you were engaged complimented you on how well you cook, pukes at your adding curry to his scrambled eggs: toothpaste pressing anywhere on tube vs from bottom; symbolism of left hand vs right hand giving and receiving; that MiL (Mother in Law) who came to beg you to marry her philandering son now turned to a Be-All or End-All of your new home (God knows how many times you have whispered 'Mind your own business Mama's) under your breathe; that your chechere (#inFela'sVoice) 5&6 friend who secretly envies your new status spreading your business out on the streets; the so called Senior/Elder sister who now feels, now you re family can come and go (including your freezer and pot of soup)as she pleases or expects you babysit her kids while she goes about her business etc)
To be forearmed is to be foretold/foreaware...

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by AsawanaDgreat: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
Lesson teacher
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by Chicent(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Frankly speaking, I understand the logic behind wanting to check compatibility, drive and all what not. I've rationalized the thought at some point, too but truthfully that ideology isn't sustainable.

It is a ploy with which so many people, especially girls will be deceived. To what extent will a person keep sampling? Skyrocketing bodycount...backlog of sexual memories.

Darlings, don't do it o. If you have to enter into a sexual relationship at all, be very very discerning about the person you date... check all parameters before feelings set in... and be sure the person checks the right boxes before you even start considering sex.

To what extent does bodycount after a Lady

Feelings come to play before acceptance by majority ladies. Its just few which are mostly those that have been broken before that will be strong headed not to be moved by their hearts.... Its not easy and doesn't applies to all ladies.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by ugbede69(m): 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
Dudotessy21:
how can u be lying to yourself on a Thursday
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by ugbede69(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Dudotessy21:
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by ugbede69(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Dudotessy21:
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by ugbede69(m): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
Dudotessy21:
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Chicent:

To what extent does bodycount after a Lady

Feelings come to play before acceptance by majority ladies. Its just few which are mostly those that have been broken before that will be strong headed not to be moved by their hearts.... Its not easy and doesn't applies to all ladies.

To what extent does body count affect a lady? Is that what you meant to ask?

Feelings may come to play before acceptance... but you've already begun observing the man critically before feelings set in... you've sized him up... you've checked his values...you've scrutizned his intentions for you... checked out how consistent he is... you've assessed your own fondness of him... after all these should a person make a decision to begin a relationship.

Feelings shouldn't be primary... fickle feelings.
Re: Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage by trutht828: 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
psychologist:
(6) A Man that trully have plans for you will not pester you with sex

Read it again.

And a woman that truly have plans for you will not pester you for money or gifts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"So Funny How Girls Do Bleaching, Chest And Butt Enlargement For Pot Belly Guys" / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With 2 Rings, Gold & Silver In Helipad / A Nairalander's Traditional Wedding Pictures With Ghanaian Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.