Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70900 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by manando1(m): 6:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
ayih bro you're taking things with wrong hand , even the blind man can see that , this was a joke .

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 05, 2020
WaywardSon:
You should be enraged but not for the useless reason you posted, if ya dead sod off! IDC

but its plain disrespectful to me js. Ima lose my shiiiit if someone says something like that IMO. Idk how close you guys are tho

Learn to write correctly and politely. What is IDC, Ima, Idk, IMO?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DonHummer(m): 6:14am On Jul 05, 2020
OP, I have nothing to tell you except that you are a small boy in thinking and that your girl friend is more matured than you, go and upgrade your mindset cause you still don't know much about the way life works. If I see your babe I will advice her to leave you cause you ain't matured. That girl is caring trust me.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by freemi(m): 6:14am On Jul 05, 2020
Authoreety:
God bless your mum bro...
She'll live to see her 4th generation and beyond if she so desires...

As for your girl, she has a lot to learn... Don't wife her.
this one self na pikin too

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ingodwetrust15(m): 6:15am On Jul 05, 2020
My bother put your self in her shoe and let see how it goes, say you guys were married for 30years and the unfortunate happens won’t you move on with someone else even if you don’t marry the person? I actually think she was just giving her honest opinion to you, I understand it can be offensive cause it’s your dad that passed and the thought of your mom been with someone else might not gel well with you, regardless bro you can’t judge her with that opinion of hers. She was only been realistic abeg
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by duchess854: 6:16am On Jul 05, 2020
Your girlfriend truly mean well for your mother because loneliness is not a thing to play with. It not all about sex but companionship. Someone to talk to when you're not there, someone to laugh with, crack jokes with, someone that can help in his own little ways when she's not feeling ok, someone she can talk to whenever she has something bothering her. A human right radio station in abuja anchor by a man popularly known as "ordinary Ahmed musa" once said that, his mother is over 80, that they need to marry for his mum so she can have companion. Because is not Every thing the woman can say to her children but can widely open up everything to her husband. So my dear, you're lucky to have such a girlfriend that mean well and love your mum.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by freemi(m): 6:17am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
1992 pikin still be child maybe na the way I take reason the matter.

Thanks anyway.
lols.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Yangami: 6:18am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici this shows the kind of husband you are going to be. Little nothing you take them as something. She hasn’t said anything bad at all. I believe it’s just her way of caring and finding peace for your mum
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by anataala: 6:18am On Jul 05, 2020
My brother nothing wrong with her question. If you’re a Muslim you knew it’s a good advise.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by freemi(m): 6:23am On Jul 05, 2020
Foodqueen:
The truth is sometimes when some girls don't av any reasonable thing to say, they spew rubbish. It's in their DNA.

They don't know that somethings hurt more than sword.

To her, she thinks she was been helpful.
she didn't say any rubbish.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Unrated900(m): 6:24am On Jul 05, 2020
Don’t settle with such girl

I coat few good
Women out there

That girl no send your existence

Marry her you enter problem
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mrhonesty: 6:27am On Jul 05, 2020
The truth is that your girlfriend is more matured thañ you. Contrary to your insinuations, she loves you and care about your mother. Your mother is the faithful type.
Let me know when you pick a date, l have a gift for your wife to be.

quote author=Mvici post=91269091]I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.[/quote]
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by IDERAWOLE(m): 6:29am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

Thanks everyone.

You're still a baby, you know next to nothing about emotions. That girl simply opened your eyes. So what happens to your spouse after your death is your headache now?

Go and do your service, work for several years, when you've grown up, then think of marriage.

Somebody is helping you to understand what your mum is going through emotionally and you're here whining here. Do you know that 52yr olds still look for sexual comfort?
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by mokinde(m): 6:29am On Jul 05, 2020
people change over the years
she will always have a different view as age add up
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by OkoAnike(m): 6:31am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks anyway.

Check the number of likes on that comment you will understand that, that's truth...
All the best.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by galaxy2020(m): 6:31am On Jul 05, 2020
There's nothing wrong with her suggestion, she didn't say you "must" marry for your mum. Listen bro, in relationship, you hear a lot of things from both persons involved, but how you manage it, is what shows you are matured and ready to handle a woman. Is not about your age. Assuming your mum agreed to your suggestion to her, will you see ur GF the same way you do now? Guy grow up.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Monaco2(m): 6:34am On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense

I was reading wat he typed n I could not find fault in wat the gf said, some people can’t process information correctly nawa o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Chuukwudi(m): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2020
Once I'm dead, what ever happens in the living is not my business.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Kenstufez: 6:39am On Jul 05, 2020
Makes absolute no sense brother, bringing another man into a mother of 55years life will certainly end in family disgrace.

Every right thinking person knows and understands what you mean by companionship, everyone needs it but if certain situations happen, we take things as we see them.

No one is asking a widow not to make friends with ladies and men of their age group. They always meet at the church, market and as visitors. They have the right to do all those things for fun and their mental health. That is completely different from asking such a lady to remarry, it paints a very bad image of the family which is discouraged in Igbo land and various other tribes.

Any woman of that age must not be left all alone, get her a house warmer like a very young kid that she'd take care of so as not to be completely lonely, or even a pet.

Sixfeetbelle:

Can you stay by yourself for five years without having contact with another human being?

Do you think marriage for people in that age group is about sex? What they need is companionship, someone in their age group they can discuss Fela and Nigerias independence and biafran war and all that history with. Their children won't understand most of these things the way someone in their age group will. Using my mom as an example, she tells us stuff about her childhood but we relate to only half of it. However when she's with my dad or her sisters (who only visit at christmas) she can even forget we exist, just to tell you how connected they feel. My sisters and I used to joke that we can go missing when she's gisting with them and she won't notice, just to tell you how companionship goes a long way.

I'm certain once we leave that house for our individual homes; and peradventure my dad is gone, she'll feel lonely. It happens to everyone eventually. So stop thinking remarring is all about sex.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by freemi(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
them no go understand Sha, na me been wear the shoe that day hear wetin she talk, maybe na out of ignorance she take talk amm but seriously from my side which I won't mention..... family members will think u were never loyal throughout those long period....haba! over 30 with a son
No be say hungry dey worry u or ur husband family ain't accommodating.... She might not even be the type cause no one knows tomorrow....it all depends on an individual mindset though.
I broke up with her not even because of that.....that one is a personal matter but the issue of my mum getting another man was really confusing so I wanted to hear more, explore and learn more about marriage which is all about sacrifice.
op I understand u perfectly well y ur mum cannot remarry, but what m and many r saying here is that u don't have to get angry with d girl. She WS only suggesting, then u can give her reasons y it won't work. And case closed
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Lovelypet28: 6:43am On Jul 05, 2020
If you were in your mum's shoes, wont you remarry, ode.
Please leave your gf alone, she doesn't want to be unhappy like the majority of widows we have in Nigeria that have refused to remarry because of what people will say.
Your gf is not even smart sef, she is not meant to tell you anything.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by jovial22(m): 6:43am On Jul 05, 2020
Ds OP na fool.... When has suggestion become a crime. You are not even ready to get married and you are here seeking for useless opinion. You never even graduate. Mtcheew.... Rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by uvie66: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say
Nonsense taik... the woman needs a companionship, for crying out loud she is only 52
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by jovial22(m): 6:47am On Jul 05, 2020
Any lady that will get married to you will be in a total mess ;!!!!!!.... Cos suggestion is a crime in your dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by omolasho: 6:52am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

Trust me the girl suggestion sounds normal and innocent. You may feel that way because you can not stand another man being in to mum. Please you may find another excuse to dump her if that's your plan but not this silly shit!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DAVE5(m): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

What next would she be looking for?
My answer: companionship

It's not about children or grandkids, non of them can actually you companionship as a wife or husband would

About your mum remarrying; I don't know, it's a hard pill to swallow

About what your girl said; it's not really a bad thing she said, she probably has looked into the Future and realized ur mum would be lonely and so she came up with the best solution to that, but I don't if it's her place to say that to you, you decide

Remarrying or not remarrying has its pros and cons

But for one, companionship is the biggest pro of remarrying which could help in ur mum's mental health, pls don't get me wrong ohh, ur mum isn't mentally ill, when you lack someone to talk to during ur lonely time, ur mental health is affected

Have you ever felt alone in a room full of friends

Feeling alone in a room full of friends would happen to ur mum most of the time if she had just children and grandchildren to talk to all the time and no companion(husband) to be with her
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DAVE5(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Kenstufez:
Makes absolute no sense brother, bringing another man into a mother of 55years life will certainly end in family disgrace.

Every right thinking person knows and understands what you mean by companionship, everyone needs it but if certain situations happen, we take things as we see them.

No one is asking a widow not to make friends with ladies and men of their age group. They always meet at the church, market and as visitors. They have the right to do all those things for fun and their mental health. That is completely different from asking such a lady to remarry, it paints a very bad image of the family which is discouraged in Igbo land and various other tribes.

Any woman of that age must not be left all alone, get her a house warmer like a very young kid that she'd take care of so as not to be completely lonely, or even a pet.

A pet or someone to take care of can never replace or substitute for a companion, one day all those people would become obsolete cos u would need someone to actually gist with, play with and all that, more necessarily sex but remember sex is also very important no matter how you want to put it or shadow it
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

That was the only part I catch on but I knew someone like u will comment, ur last sentence no sweet me sha
Oga, even the bible said that a man/woman who has lost his/her wife or husband is allowed to remarry if they wish to. The "Till Death Do Us Part" vow means if one of the couple paradventure dies, then their union is over. People don't marry just to have sex, you marry for companionship which is very important. Your mom is 52 years old, you will go back to school one day, go for your service one day and then marriage before you start having grandchildren, let's just sum it up to like 6-7 years. Now who will keep your mother company throughout this period? Your girlfriend didn't say anything wrong she's only bothered.
Your mom's decision not to be with any other man is her decision and would not be the same for every other woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by CHIGIM: 6:58am On Jul 05, 2020
Kriss216:
All these happened cos you always over-talk with your girl on phone.. When you have nothing to say, just drop the call.. Stop engaging with unnecessary talks on phone with all these Nigerian girls... Nothing dey their head aside fucck!
My friend please don't say that, if u dont have a daughter then u have a sister and a mother,
So please dont generalize
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Onare66(m): 7:02am On Jul 05, 2020
Sorry to say, so sad may ur father rest in peace ameen, as 4 ur GF she has a point & u c at times 2ru talk usually be like nonsense ni, bt it is 2ru talk, live moves on wen u ar nt around, shi nid some1 to exchange words with, some1 to share secret with while t ar away, some1 to take care of her whem shi ill & all sort like this........may god almighty help u
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by benzion72(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2020
Baby boy friend. Abraham remarry Keturah, at 140 years. All most all our Pastors who lost their spouse remarried W F Kumuyi, Prophet Abiara, Pastor Odukoya etc. If your mother did not remarry you will be in big problem, because you are going to be answerable both to your wife and mom and in the process you will not have happy home or life. But if you have a step Dad that will keep your mother at bay.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Chatflick(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks anyway.
As old as you are, you shouldn't have posted something this foolish. Your girlfriend said nothing wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Wedding Pictures / Cheat On Me I Will Slice Your Dick Like Onions, Eat It With Pepsi- Sexy Oge (Pix / "I Have 20k Followers, They Follow Me Because Of My Big Breast" - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.