Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,609 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70888 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 1:49am On Jul 05, 2020
excanny:
We don't have women again o like our mothers. All these slay queens know now is money and sex.

No values whatsoever. Maybe not all tho.

What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by adedayoa2(f): 1:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
them no go understand Sha, na me been wear the shoe that day hear wetin she talk, maybe na out of ignorance she take talk amm but seriously from my side which I won't mention..... family members will think u were never loyal throughout those long period....haba! over 30 with a son
No be say hungry dey worry u or ur husband family ain't accommodating.... She might not even be the type cause no one knows tomorrow....it all depends on an individual mindset though.
I broke up with her not even because of that.....that one is a personal matter but the issue of my mum getting another man was really confusing so I wanted to hear more, explore and learn more about marriage which is all about sacrifice.
why you bring the issue come Nairaland if you won't listen to matured opinions? Even the bible is not against re-marrying after losing your spouse. I know of a man whom is children made sure he re-marri3d because they were all leaving the house and it won't be right for their father to be alone and lonely, even pastor Kumuyi re-marri3d, loneliness kills faster than anything. Your mum is not committing any crime if she decides to re-marry and fine she wants to stay alone. That girl will only love your mum like her own, I think loving your mum is more important by the time you wife her. Death is inevitable, but stop thinking about dying now and somebody replacing you.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 1:55am On Jul 05, 2020
franchasng:
shutup, are you not tired of fvcking already

Any woman that's still going crazy for sex at 50something is a nympho.

At that age, you should be rechanneling your energy to other things of life and preparing yourself to meet your maker anytime the call comes in.

Don't let western life to fool you, at 60yrs and above, sexual urge begins to die

I disagree with this point of view

Just like eating,sleeping and pooping
Sex is an integral part of our lives, as men and as women, and it's to be engaged in till our organ have withered kpata or we are dead, whichever comes first
.I remember reading a punch newspaper of an octogenarian couple, and they said it point blank that one of the secrets to their marriage lasting this long is their SEX LIFE and how it is a part of their lives even at old age

So that viewpoint
That being a sexual being have expiry date

Is not accurate at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 1:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

I got married to a Yoruba Lady just to try another tribe.

Since I got married to a Yoruba woman, my life has never been the same, she prepares only ewedu and Amala for me, I told her to cook another food for me, she insisted that her parents taught her how to prepare only Amala and ewedu.

This Lady can snore for Africa, she doesn't allow me to sleep at night, na snoring she dey use wake me up for night.

Whenever we want to make love, I will force her to bath, but to no avail. She said that she bath only once in a day, I did not argue with her, I insisted that she must bath before making love.

My brothers, this Yoruba Lady went into the bathroom, stayed only 1 minute and came out, I ask her why she bath only 1 minute, she said bathing is not her thing, she is used to it.

My brothers, what offence did i commit for marrying a Yoruba Lady. All the things she dey do for house, I just dey tolerate her, na so so mess she dey mess for room whenever she eat her Amala and ewedu.

She Don use ofe mmanu scatter my family, Who did i offend.

You think you are funny?

You dont know you are making a mockery of yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 2:05am On Jul 05, 2020
franchasng:
Your girlfriend is one of the modern Nigerian feminists trying to copy American lifestyle, discard her, let her go and marry men of her kind; Hushpuppi or Hushpapa aka Buhari angry

Modern feminists love sex and dick more than anything. They maybe pretending to love their job or career, behind that fake love for career or job, is a wild lady who will break any man's dick in the oza room angry

All that runs through the minds of a modern Nigerian feminist is sex, which big dick to ride, which fine boy to crush on. Which successful guys dick to click next, and how to continue looking like old mama youngie even at 60yrs so that they can keep getting small fvckboys to demolish their shrinked pussy angry

Wow shocked

.this kind of comment

Coming from you?

I'm surprised undecided

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 2:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Isobug:

This is nonsense.....A 55 year old woman,a grandma for that matter, getting remarried. What for? In some places,this is absolutely horrendous

Quote me and receive no reply. I've said what Nature told me to say. Nature frawns at it

Nature "frawns" at it indeed grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by TruthSpeaker: 2:27am On Jul 05, 2020
In my opinion, your dad is dead and will never return back to earth. If your mum didn’t have a hand in his death, I see nothing wrong in her getting another man in her life. Nigeria culture of male chauvinism seems to detrimental to the society. Didn’t Oshiohmole remarry a much younger woman after he lost his wife? Even Pastor Kumuyi remarried just 18 months after he lost his wife?
If you marry this girlfriend of yours and when you are in your fifties she dies, will you remain single and abstain from sex till you die? Why do you think the case should be different with a woman that loses her husband?
Are you 100% convinced your mum is not secretly seeing another man? You think your mum is already too old to get laced by a man? Don’t even try to stand oh her way if she openly hooks up with a man.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AristocraticMe: 2:29am On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense
good comment. Nice one...... the girl only brought a suggestion see where the guy mind dey go.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AristocraticMe: 2:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
1992 pikin still be child maybe na the way I take reason the matter.

Thanks anyway.
Its nothing brother.... just leave the matter....... remember everybody thinks differently, your GF has a mind of her own... she thought it was a good idea....... so forget the matter
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by odogwu9(m): 2:39am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.

Your girlfriend is actually a more forward thinking individual than you..there is absolutely nothing wrong in what she suggested. If your mum says no to it no problem. After 5 yrs and ur gf suggested such ..your gf is not out of place..if she could see this knowing fully well you are the one who wrote this..she will be disappointed in you for being such a retarded and childish thinker

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Philadelphia: 2:48am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.

During exchange of marital vows at the point of joining couples, there's a popular phrase that goes thus: "...till death do us part ..."

If you can explain that line of phrase, then you don't need to come to nairaland to ask that question.

By the way, marriage is deeper than what you think... It's way much more than sex.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ZooOga: 2:51am On Jul 05, 2020
"The next day, what she told me was still bordering me,"

last year of uni? i stopped reading there. enjoy folks with ample data. grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AreaFada2: 2:56am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici listen, you need to grow up.

God forbid you pass away, you want your wife to grieve for over 5 years? How will grieving for long help her or the kids left behind? shocked

Your mum was in her late 40s when your dad passed on. Moving on after three years is even good enough. Love shared when alive is far more important. Your dad doesn't see or care about what happens later.

Who says having kids means a widow cannot date or remarry? Love & companionship are enough to remarry for. Not all about sex or kids.

In the event that the kids are still young, one can only hope and pray that the new man is a good father figure.

Is a woman moving on after some years not better than a woman cheating on her hubby when he is very much alive?

In case you don't know, about 30% of all kids belong to another man outside.

Unless you want to maintain the archaic practice of your uncle inheriting your mum. Otherwise I see no reason for her to keep waiting unless she really wants to. It should not be out of guilt or obligation.

Death is the end of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ambient: 3:03am On Jul 05, 2020
I have a grandmom that is so lonely pls who have a fine granddad for her as a companion before the woman use call kill me oooo

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by MilkANDpepper: 3:14am On Jul 05, 2020
doggedfighter:
People want women to spend all their lives mourning the dead while men remarry after few months.

Thank you. Everyone supporting the OP are simply terrible analogue humans. Please OP leave that girl alone you don't deserve her and I worry about her since she doesn't know the type of a childish and terrible person you are. Like I said I worry for her because she is with YOU.

I'm a guy like you for you information. That girl deserves better.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by MilkANDpepper: 3:20am On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:
Seun, you need to consider kid's section in this forum. grin

Seconded

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mayflowa(m): 3:29am On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense

He is truly a child. A girlfriend that has such a warm thought towards your mom needs to be respected. Does he know the pains his mom goes through every day. His mom is very young at 52. Some people starts living their life at 50. The mom has another 50 years to live and the girlfriend suggestion was made out of care and love. If the mom is different due to limited experience in men does not make his girlfriend suggestion weird

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Peerlessme(f): 3:35am On Jul 05, 2020
[quote author=Mvici post=91269997]
people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

I don't understand, does tradition and religion control feelings and emotions, or prevent loneliness and provide companionship? abeg educate me
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DKM123: 3:44am On Jul 05, 2020
It is totally unbelievable the kind of things I read on nairaland. Who are this people?

Anyway, I CONGRATULATE your EX girlfriend. Please do her a favour and never try to go back to her. Then do not date again until you are 45. You need at least 15 more years to grow up before thinking of calling someone's daughter your girlfriend.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by tunary(m): 3:45am On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:

Age doesn't tell who a kid is bro.

How u handle situations like dis matters whole lot.
God bless you bro. age and maturity are two different things entirely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ewaogo: 3:56am On Jul 05, 2020
You don't need to leave your girlfriend. She is very sensible. She knows that when both of you eventually get married, your mum will demands lots of attention from you due to loneliness and if care is not taken or the situation not properly managed it can have negative influence on your marriage. If your mum is married, she will be committed to her husband and she will not bother you much.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by tunary(m): 3:56am On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:
Seun, you need to consider kid's section in this forum. grin
The problem with that is some adult reason like children. age is nothing but number
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Kenstufez: 4:03am On Jul 05, 2020
Any responsible woman that had stayed in marriage for 30yrs does not remarry, they stay for their kids and be there prayer warrior and everything. Don't take all these advices here, they are not normal. What is a 55yrs old woman looking for again in another man?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ayinba1(f): 4:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

I feel that she means well for your mom. Women do get lonely and it is better for her to have a marriage than an affair.

If she chooses not to, then okay but your girl actually cares more about your mom than you realize

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AscentSolutions: 4:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

Your girlfriend should run from you. You don’t deserve her.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ulunne777(f): 4:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

Companionship.
My mum is a widow too and I know how lonely it can get for her. I don't mind if she tells us she is getting married again even though she says she won't.

Pls don't be a clog in a wheel. Everyone would appreciate someone thwy would make small talks with or laugh with.

Bleep what ppl say.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Kenstufez: 4:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Who's going to marry a 55yrs old woman? A young boy or older men? So you guys are indirectly advising his mom to start dating/sleeping around at 55 with other womens husbands. Stop supporting evil!

Any woman at 55 with grown up kids that remarries is an ashawo from day 1.

phabulous88:

Oga there’s nothing bad in what your girlfriend suggested. At least it made your Mum smile.
I think she’s a good lady and understands that women need companionship, hence her suggestions.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ogawisdom(m): 4:13am On Jul 05, 2020
.uote author=Mvici post=91269091]I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

Thanks everyone.[/quote]

U sound like a little boy
Marriage is more about companionship than sex get it into your head.
Ur GF is more mature than you, she said nothing wrong, it's only a suggestion n an opinion.

Boy u better grow up

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Alwaysachick: 4:16am On Jul 05, 2020
Very self centered child, face your studies. You think its easy staying alone?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by TreasureJunky: 4:18am On Jul 05, 2020
If staying alone gives her all the peace in this world let her continue her solo life, in order to live longer

It is not all about having a companion. Some companies can be frustrating and can lead to heartache n frustration.
At her age, sex is no longer a big deal to her. If she's okay staying all by herself, she should remain like that and focus her mind on whatever hustle she's into. Please don't suggest such to her, if she has never reasoned that. she's no longer a baby, sex shouldn't move. Some men can make your life so miserable, and can't even give you the companionship you desire..

As for your girlfriend, it is her opinion(everyone is entitled to their opinion), and that's the way she was brought up

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by portacabin: 4:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then i would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much of another woman
leave that thing, you are still a kid. Loneliness kills faster than anything
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 05, 2020
My friend stop being childish. You want her not to chop another gbola after you dead but you will marry another wife if she dies first. Men too greedy. Marry her if you wan marry else gi look for Mary the virgin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Took A Lady On A Date Without Having Much Money. See What Happened Next / Nigerian Military Wedding Pictures / Cheat On Me I Will Slice Your Dick Like Onions, Eat It With Pepsi- Sexy Oge (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.