Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70942 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by bodilong: 8:09am On Jul 05, 2020
what ur gf did was d right thing.. there is nothing wrong in 52yrs old lady having companion again.. since u asked her n she said she's okay. move on
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by solonubinho(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2020
Vyzz:
So if u die now... (I don't wish u life.... Infact I wish u good health life and prosperity?)...

U would want somebody's daughters life to remain stagnant for u

Pls let's ask him o. Or God forbid if the girl dies he wouldn't remarry? What is wrong with people nowadays? They just come here and open mouth Waaaaaaa..disturbing us. If that girl is wise, she would see that OP does not have sense. She should break up with him immediately.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Geesaintagape: 8:11am On Jul 05, 2020
My dear gf point is 100% valid.
I lost my mom a yr ago leaving my dad alone we the children suggested to him to remarry latest next yr to enable him cope cos our last born who has been with him all the while is set to marry by December

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by YUSTECH3(m): 8:11am On Jul 05, 2020
That's how u will be assuming nonsense when u no get work to do...abeg forget the Matta and leave yr mom alone...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Cheks5(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2020
My guy once you are dead, everything around you cease to exist. So enjoy your now cos that is all you got. So if you wife decides to marry one day after you are gone. You won't be aware so why bother. it's just like thinking about what will happen with your wealth after you are gone. If you like plan and plan, when you are gone, your relatives will decide what to do.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by jboycrb(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2020
Mummy’s boy

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by mos24(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2020
Oga op I don't really see anything bad about what ur gf said it's just a suggestion and she is not forcing you to do it so chill. Someone remarring when there spouse is gone does not make the person a devil not everyone can deal with loneliness your mother is brave and capable to deal with hers but not everyone

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by NECO1998: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2020
I must commend the young man for this write up. Also, I want to use this opportunity to tell him to maintain what ever decision he chose to take irrespective of the condemnation from some Nairalanders. Again, it goes to show the writer has something 'upstairs' Vis a vis the type of wife he wants. Young man I salute your courage! At 52 years, I don't think a widow should be encouraged to remarry except if she chooses to remarry. After all, she has seen all in marriage. What was the business of that young girl telling the young man to persuade his mother to remarry? Is she not too young for that? Can't she control her tongue? What does she know about marriage? There is the saying that when your neighbour's house is on fire,you put yourself in your neighbour's situation. What I could decipher from the young girl statement is that: 1. She may not be able to endure the 'heat' in marriage 2.She is too talkative 3. She does not mind her business 4. She is not a wife material for a serious minded person.
The reason for the high rate of divorce today is because very many young men refused to think properly like the young man. They think love is what that matters in marriage. At last, break up. Men should look before they leap.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by krushdripper(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
Great thought processing you put through there, if you go on looking like this, you see any of 'em for how they real are.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Vicyace: 8:15am On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense

He's obviously a child intellectually and he doesn't deserve that babe.

That girl deserves someone that can think proactively.

That girl is a naturally caring person that is genuinely concerned about someone else's mum.

Op thinks getting married is tantamount to having sex alone.

Op has no understanding of how much importance and comfort is having someone you can share emotions with.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Warkeehzy1(m): 8:22am On Jul 05, 2020
There's nothing wrong to remarry. It's better to do so than to be messing around with other people's spouse.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2020
The girl has a very valid and reasonable point. She advised you to get a man for you mom because she knows that your Kom would be lonely and she may eventually want to transfer the love to her children which will affect your subsequent relationship with her or any other person you date or marry.

That said, if you think your girl saying that is wrong then, I have a question for you, if your wife passes on when you are 50, are you going to remain unmarried because of the dead?

Your mom deserves to have a companion, someone who she can love not all this my son is my husband kind of love. A real man.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by emperooooooooor: 8:33am On Jul 05, 2020
OP I don't it is fair for you to equate her suggestion with her being promiscuous. One thing I know is that loneliness kills faster than plenty diseases.

At 52, your mom may not be remarrying for sexual pleasure but companionship. Even her husband won't want her to remain lonely just to show that she loved him because they spent 30yrs of their lives together.

Once you get married, you are out of the house and same goes for your siblings too.

Who then stays with your mom? Please be circumspect with your decision.

If you don't like your girlfriend enough I can respect that as it is your decision. But it shouldn't be on the account of something trivial as this. Look deeply and you will find she meant no harm.

Even the marital vows we all took said "till death do us part". Death has parted your dad and mom so she is free of her vows.

Finally, it is your mom's decision to make. She shouldn't be forced into whatever she doesn't want to do but you all should be very supportive of whatever decision she makes. Also let her know you are open minded to her exploring whatever decision she wants to follow.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by chinchonglee(m): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Vicyace:

He's obviously a child intellectually and he doesn't deserve that babe.

That girl deserves someone that can think proactively.

That girl is a naturally caring person that is genuinely concerned about someone else's mum.

Op thinks getting married is tantamount to having sex alone.

Op has no understanding of how much importance and comfort is having someone you can share emotions with.
Yea... Seems she reasons far better than him
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by NobleDeSage001: 8:41am On Jul 05, 2020
Your girlfriend said nothing out of the ordinary. You should embrace her even the more for her concerns towards your mother.
I can tell you that she meant well for your mother. It's about her well being and welfare.

Hold your girlfriend in high esteem and stop assuming things. Better still confront her with your assumptions but be careful about how you present it to her.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DaInferno(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
she just the feel sorry for your mum!;na empathy we d call am

just tell her make she no bring the topic up again
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mvici: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2020
dominique:

Where
grin go read Isiah 3-5 read from verse 4
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by olahero(m): 8:43am On Jul 05, 2020
Kriss216:
All these happened cos you always over-talk with your girl on phone.. When you have nothing to say, just drop the call.. Stop engaging with unnecessary talks on phone with all these Nigerian girls... Nothing dey their head aside fucck!
bro, she did nothing bad, and her suggestion isn't a crime, sum1 like the guy supposed to know the kind of heart his mum hold for his dad.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by annyberry: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2020
Ningen:
Sorry to say, but the dead are dead.
And the world moves on.

It's okay for a 52yr old widow to seek for a man.
It's not all about pleasure but companionship.
Social interaction is key to mental health.

You shouldn't lose trust in your girlfriend.
She said nothing wrong.

In her own way, she cares about your mum.
God bless u for dis, something I tell my guy all d time and we joke abt it,he careless if his mum remarry or not........
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Catchinedu(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2020
Your Dad Is dead bro, 5yrs is enough na your girlfriend just made an honest suggestion, there's nothing wrong with what she said

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ledaman: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2020
eRex:
For me oo. Your supposed EX GF has a point.

Even in death Life goes on.
If the spouse choses to remarry.

You wouldn't want your mum hanging on you as her pseudo hubby... Your future wife "May" not like it.

Truth be told when she is alone and your kids are all married, she will eventually get lonely...

I am talking from 1st hand experience. So also it looked odd but we know better now.

EVERYDAY CALLS
JISTING ABOUT IRRELEVANT (to us) OLD PPLE STUFFS THE WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR MAN AND WIFE.

it all got us boring with time
If it going to be boring then you can woo her, did she complained to you? Do you know the level of a spiritual connection with her God? Stupid assumption from an slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by shadeyinka(m): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.
Just reverse the situation a little. Let's assume you have married your beautiful wife for about 20 years and she died. Would you remarry?

If you will give it a thought then you must be very very selfish. At death, the bond of marriage ceases to exist and the living partner may CHOOSE to remarry AND it is not a SIN and neither is it PROMISCUITY!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by rosalieene(f): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2020
Na small pikin still dy worry you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2020
Though it's a suggestion as somebody put it here. But the question is what triggered such a suggestion ? Did she observe that the old woman could not cope with her loneliness ? Was there anything to suggest that the woman was not comfortable and needed another marriage (man) in her life ? Like the old woman was incapable of taking a personal decision and that somebody had to "suggest" what's good for her ?

Sometimes,learning how to keep shut saves a lot of troubles. I would lose confidence in such a girl too. She has succeeded in portraying herself as someone who can't do without a man or the so called "Companion" in her life.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Junior66(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2020
Foodqueen:
The truth is sometimes when some girls don't av any reasonable thing to say, they spew rubbish. It's in their DNA.

They don't know that somethings hurt more than sword.

To her, she thinks she was been helpful.
I guess you are a kid too like the poster.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2020
Will you keep quiet!

You are jealous and insecure.
Watching another man cruise your mum is your problem. And anyone could feel likewise
That's the truth.

Your case is like that of a father who feels bad because his daughter is getting married. Will he marry his daughter.

Nonsense and alacrity!

A fifty year old woman is still a youth. It is already five years since your dad died and you think your mum has not mourned enough.

Will she mourn for the rest of her life?

When you are married and you leave home, you expect her to talk to the radio or television at home?

Guy grow up and be a man. You might regret it if you don't encourage her to marry.

Your girlfriend only wanted the best for your mum. And you have turned her good deeds to evil. May God forgive you.

Stay blessed
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by obinoral1179(m): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2020
Romanoff:
My dad has been dead for 11 years now and I need a man for my mum cause she is going to get lonely. She will be 55 next year, we have started getting married and her youngest child will soon leave her for NYSC.

Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

There is nothing wrong with your girl suggesting your mum remarries, she's obviously more mature than you are.
Iost my dad 26 years ago and my mum make sure we all got graduated and recently she is starting to find love with another man and she calls the man ADEMI, we the boys alway tease her of her new found love and we are happy for her as long she is happy..... May you find a suitable hubby for mummy...

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Billygee2u: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2020
Authoreety:
God bless your mum bro...
She'll live to see her 4th generation and beyond if she so desires...

As for your girl, she has a lot to learn... Don't wife her.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by makydebbie(f): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2020
I wanted to say yes agree with you and your girl shpuld learn to mind her business.

But you see this your comment here? You've a lot of growing up to do. You've a mind of a ten year old sorry.

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by josite: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2020
i need to help u out end i must do so in strong terms.i must say u must really be anignorant folk.is it not GOD that instituted marriage and did your bible not tell u that marriage ends with death of the spouse.and who tells u ur mum is not already having a lover she bleeps consistently behind u and what right have u to tell a human not keep on living after u the husband die.?,if u die ,ur spouse is loosen from your laws.and her body is hers to do whatever she will with.go and die.dont marry her,she deserve a beta person like me.not a slowpoke that u are.go and DIE O
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by makydebbie(f): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:
Will you keep quiet!

You are jealous and insecure.
Watching another man cruise your mum is your problem. And anyone could feel likewise
That's the truth.

Your case is like that of a father who feels bad because his daughter is getting married. Will he marry his daughter.

Nonsense and alacrity!

A fifty year old woman is still a youth. It is already five years since your dad died and you think your mum has not mourned enough.

Will she mourn for the rest of her life?

When you are married and you leave home, you expect her to talk to the radio or television at home?

Guy grow up and be a man. You might regret it if you don't encourage her to marry.

Your girlfriend only wanted the best for your mum. And you have turned her good deeds to evil. May God forgive you.

Stay blessed

I feel the girl should've minded her business sha. But this op sounds like a silly child to me.
You brought the words out of my mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Ladies, You Get To Your Boyfriend's Room And Meet This What Will You Do? / "I Have 20k Followers, They Follow Me Because Of My Big Breast" - Lady Says / Ex-Boyfriend Shares Girlfriend's Nudes On Facebook. Nigerians Blast Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.