Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70893 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Romanoff(f): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mvici:
Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

That was the only part I catch on but I knew someone like u will comment, ur last sentence no sweet me sha

Na the plain truth I tell you so.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by phabulous88(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mvici:
I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in thesame school which is IBB university lapai, in our final. So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even murn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Yes old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone aslong as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad? Thanks everyone one.

Oga there’s nothing bad in what your girlfriend suggested. At least it made your Mum smile.
I think she’s a good lady and understands that women need companionship, hence her suggestions.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by SweetCunt97(f): 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
Until Death do Us Part. Deciding to remain single or not ain't no crime.

@Op you probably past 30 but still reasoning like a kid.

I'm sorry but you cannot fill the loneliness deep within your mom but I salute her for staying put. She mustn't remarry but having a boyfriend to warm her bed and hold her during cold night won't b bad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by SweetCunt97(f): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
Marriage ain't all about sex. At that age, it's all about companionship, friendship.

No be Simi momsy marry 2 years ago ni? Even before Simi got married.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
Op I swear to God Almighty who opened the door of today you never see girl friend not to talk of wife for a girl to think that kind of thing run for your dear life she's indirectly telling you that when you go for traveling she can't hold her body
Have once hold my body for a girl for good 1 yrs and 3months without sex and she did the same why I left that girl still amazes till date anytime I think of it so op don't even think of marrying that type of a girl

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Happyguy201: 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
Women are the ones that benefit from the scam called marriage . Don't allow a hoe to force you or pressure you into marrying her . She will eventually change after marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Hed0nist: 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
People will just be exposing their shallow thinking.

1. The babe was probably joking

2. Because one's spouse has died, one should wallow in sorrow and loneliness so they can die ASAP. Ok o

3. Five years isn't enough to mourn a dead husband. SMH.

4. Just speculating sha but I can swear with my left nyash that if you marry this babe and she dies, you won't think twice before replacing her.

5. WTF?!

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
If you lost confidence in her another man will have the girl was realistic/view it for you to school her what's meant for a woman to stay loyal to her husband even after death

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mvici: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Op I swear to God Almighty who opened the door of today you never see girl friend not to talk of wife for a girl to think that kind of thing run for your dear life she's indirectly telling you that when you go for traveling she can't hold her body
Have once hold my body for a girl for good 1 yrs and 3months without sex and she did the same why I left that girl still amazes till date anytime I think of it so op don't even think of marrying that type of a girl
them no go understand Sha, na me been wear the shoe that day hear wetin she talk, maybe na out of ignorance she take talk amm but seriously from my side which I won't mention..... family members will think u were never loyal throughout those long period....haba! over 30 with a son
No be say hungry dey worry u or ur husband family ain't accommodating.... She might not even be the type cause no one knows tomorrow....it all depends on an individual mindset though.
I broke up with her not even because of that.....that one is a personal matter but the issue of my mum getting another man was really confusing so I wanted to hear more, explore and learn more about marriage which is all about sacrifice.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by apatheticme(f): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
graciousolo:

"It is written that men are polygamous" this is your justification for choosing to remarry but, denying your spouse and widowed mother the opportunity to. Wherever that came from is evil.

It baffles me that our generation with all the information we are privy to and opportunities to unlearn and relearn still have myopic people even with tertiary degrees.
Don't you think your mom deserves companion and yes, even sex too especially if she wants it?

Don't you care about her happiness?

How does her getting remarried bother you? You still dey suck breast?

If you were a woman would you like to be subjugated just because of your gender?

Honestly, I think that girl is very lucky you are not together. She escaped a big narcissistic baby.

I would congratulate her if I knew her.

U're so refreshingly honest! A rare trait!

Men of nowadays are hypocrites! All the negativity and sociocultural burdens must be pushed to females, but for males anything they like they do.

May God help this generation.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by graciousolo(m): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
apatheticme:

U're so refreshingly honest! A rare trait!

Men of nowadays are hypocrites! All the negativity and sociocultural burdens must be pushed to females, but for males anything they like they do.

May God help this generation.

This particular one needs serious orientation... He and the lots like him here. Their thought processes is painfully appalling.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by instinct57vm(m): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mvici:
I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in thesame school which is IBB university lapai, in our final. So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even murn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Yes old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone aslong as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad? Thanks everyone.

Childish of you to get angry over your gf gesture, the gesture was innocent and out of care and empathy for your mum. Your gf did nothing wrong. Infact you should respect her more for the empathy towards your mum. Not easy to be single from 40s. Alot of women are still sexually active till their late 50s and early 60s to mid 60s

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by superfitsez(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
Romanoff:
My dad has been dead for 11 years now and I need a man for my mum cause she is going to get lonely. She will be 55 next year, we have started getting married and her youngest child will soon leave her for NYSC.

Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

There is nothing wrong with your girl suggesting your mum remarries, she's obviously more mature than you are.
you get brain sis,my mum is 50 now,she was surprised when I asked her if she'll love to remarry,I lost my dad 2018 and I'm the only child

16 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by superfitsez(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
Foodqueen:
The truth is sometimes when some girls don't av any reasonable thing to say, they spew rubbish. It's in their DNA.

They don't know that somethings hurt more than sword.

To her, she thinks she was been helpful.
you need to widen your horizon
what the said was 100% correct, don't say what you don't know

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Austeeenxx: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2020
I honestly don't see anything wrong in what she said.

29 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2020
If you guys ended the relationship due to what she said then that's bad. I mean, people remarry and there's nothing bad with that. Companionship is of essence, loneliness kills real quick bro moreover, what she said was just harmless suggestion as she was being concerned. She's not a bad person for having said that bro and do learn to be open-minded. People in their 60s remarry, especially non Africans. It's left for one to decide whether to remarry or not.

14 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by frozen70(f): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mvici:

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Yes old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone aslong as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad? Thanks everyone.

She might mean no harm by asking for it

She was just too forward because your mum never told her that she was lonely

Besides, those days women, who were disvirgined by their husbands , will never ever allow any man to near her

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mvici: 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
If you guys ended the relationship due to what she said then that's bad. I mean, people remarry and there's nothing bad with that. Companionship is of essence, loneliness kills real quick bro moreover, what she said was just harmless suggestion as she was being concerned. She's not a bad person for having said that bro and do learn to be open-minded. People in their 60s remarry, especially non Africans. It's left for one to decide whether to remarry or not.
I broke up with her not even because of that.....that one is a personal matter
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by budaatum: 1:09am On Jul 02, 2020
Mvici:

I feel you, Mvici. The Lord [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+23%3A19%2CHebrews+13%3A8%2CJames+1%3A17&version=NIV]fulfils the promise[/url] of 90, at least. Unless you decide to shorten it with your own mind.

Say Amen! Mvici.

I have to ask. How long should she mourn before she remarrys? 5 years? 10? 20 years?

You might want to write it in your will, but as I said, 90, at least. A very long time.

Mvici:
Sorry Mvici, but nothing was sincere here.

You see? First you piled your own feelings onto mum with your "married since far back 1986... marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away ..this is 5yrs", then you literally accused her of "considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life" which you yourself told us was suggested to you by your girlfriend when you "put a call through and you both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask[ed]"!

But that aside, and without intending to be cruel. Did you accuse your mother of committing adultery on your father, her dead husband, because your girlfriend suggested it?

Mvici:
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil.........
I am sincerely not surprised. Such a pious woman, your mum.

My sincere regards to her.
Say specifically that "buda greets her".
It will pain if you don't, Mvici.

Mvici:
Imagine. Your girlfriend "can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad"!

When you marry her, get a lawyer to write you a will so that the Lord takes you together! That should teach her to not "accept another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex".

She might decide to become pious like your mother. Or should I say, as you've sort of made your mother become because of your own needs. I wonder.

You came here to get help switching your brain on so you can use it, and the very kind and nice people on Nairaland - Big up nice people on Nairaland! Will help you. I promise.

But, be sincere, Mvici.

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by RealEzee(m): 2:57am On Jul 02, 2020
Hmm I for follow talk but alot has been said that points out that OP truly missed it totally, ur ex made a valid and realistic point yet a thought abi na suggestion and that's was what made u lost confidence in her, then na you really factory reset kwa.

Saying what will family members think is another dumb excuse! Do you think about what your family thinks about the sex style you do with your wife kwa?, your type can be swayed by other people's stand kwa, popular opinion really isn't the right one man.

Sha you did ur ex a favor sef, God bless that babe anywhere she dey ooo

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Gentle0wavez: 7:49am On Jul 02, 2020
Abeg no do that girl anything oh, she no go bad thing to tell you her mind.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2020
graciousolo:

This particular one needs serious orientation... He and the lots like him here. Their thought processes is painfully appalling.

Look at what he's still saying

Mvici:
them no go understand Sha, na me been wear the shoe that day hear wetin she talk, maybe na out of ignorance she take talk amm but seriously from my side which I won't mention..... family members will think u were never loyal throughout those long period....haba! over 30 with a son
No be say hungry dey worry u or ur husband family ain't accommodating.... She might not even be the type cause no one knows tomorrow....it all depends on an individual mindset though.
I broke up with her not even because of that.....that one is a personal matter but the issue of my mum getting another man was really confusing so I wanted to hear more, explore and learn more about marriage which is all about sacrifice.

Very painful when someone insist on reasoning ignorantly like a child, very painful, that lady will meet a like minded man that will adore and respect her realistic and logical trait.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by graciousolo(m): 10:45am On Jul 02, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Look at what he's still saying

Very painful when someone insist on reasoning ignorantly like a child, very painful, that lady will meet a like minded man that will adore and respect her realistic and logical trait.

The girl is lucky they not together... I can't say that for his mom.

He's very myopic on this topic. Hopefully, he'll see reasons to unlearn it.

Every one deserves the opportunity to grow.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by apatheticme(f): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
graciousolo:

As in!

Appalling is just the word!

One wonders who raised these breed of hateful ignorant lots.

May God help our daughters

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by CCC2(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
You are being selfish young man. Emancipate you mum from unsolicited celibacy , she may just be sacrificing her loneliness to avoid hurting you

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mvici: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
CCC2:
You are being selfish young man. Emancipate you mum from unsolicited celibacy , she may just be sacrificing her loneliness to avoid hurting you
mind you, am not holding my mum neither am pushing her to go get another man. Before I will think of marrying any woman on Earth, pls God give me someone that no one can be able to replace.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
Interesting thread sad

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kriss216:
A[b]ll these happened cos you always over-talk with your girl on phone.. When you have nothing to say, just drop the call.. Stop engaging with unnecessary talks on phone with all these Nigerian girls... Nothing dey their head aside fucck[/b]!
Indeed u are full of wisdom. U just said the fact, when a guy start engaging his girl on unnecessary talks, that's what u will hear

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mogajunior(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kemimarch16:
I don't see anything bad in what she said,my dad is late too,have once told my mum to remarry too but she said no(it not all about sex but companionship)how I wish she can remarry
Sweet girl. My kind of slim lady.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by budaatum: 5:13am On Jul 03, 2020
apatheticme:

As in!

Appalling is just the word!

One wonders who raised these breed of hateful ignorant lots.

May God help our daughters
Our parents. And they did the best they could considering how little was known, so have compassion.

Our children will use tougher measures on us.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Capeverde: 6:25am On Jul 03, 2020
Mvici:
mind you, am not holding my mum neither am pushing her to go get another man. Before I will think ofrrying any woman on Earth, pls God give me someone that no one can be able to replace.

Guy live and let live
Your mom is still young,for crying out loud. Truth be told,she will be damn lonely,may be the way your girl sounded it to your ears was kind of shocking,this are sensitive matters that can be discussed face to face and reasonable.
If you want your mom to live long for you encourage her to follow her heart and do what will make her happy,am telling you she just might be scared of hurting her only child feelings.
Myself am an only child too and lost dad early too, though my mom and yours are the same age bracket but mine passed on early in my mum's life,she was about 34, but I didn't want to be selfish I gave her the love and space.
Right now she is happy and even look younger with peace of mind with a gentleman namesake with my own dad and same age group too, very handsome like my dad.
Mark you she was already a grand mom at the time of the union,it doesn't make her cheap or irresponsible.
Calm down and search the deepest part of her heart show her it won't hurt if she moves on because sooner you are having your own family. The Bible clearly states that death is the only thing that can keep couples apart,that woman or man should not be under bond, she is free.
There is no marriage in the afterlife, your father won't marry her again in the afterlife.
Remember it is only our body that ages with time,our heart and mind doesn't.my two scent.

35 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Wedding Pictures / Cheat On Me I Will Slice Your Dick Like Onions, Eat It With Pepsi- Sexy Oge (Pix / "I Have 20k Followers, They Follow Me Because Of My Big Breast" - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.