Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70950 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Toneyo(m): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

and who told you your mom isn't collect prrick from anoda man or even your age mates?? she only gave you that reply so you won't be angry she wanna forget your dad...so in your mind a woman dat lost her husband when she was 47 for beer Bleep till 52?? you're actually a baby gimme your gf number when your leave her

He left her already, though claiming this wasn't the reason, but I bet it was the build up to his breakup with her.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by bigtt76(f): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Truth is you will not always be there for your mother and this might affect your relationship with your wife if your mother have to call you every time she needs to change the light bulb or do some things at home. Having a male companion does not take away the love she had and still has for your late dad. Encourage her if you can. Your girlfriend loves you and cares for your mum that's why she suggested it don't vilify her for that.

Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by gift2xl: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kriss216:
All these happened cos you always over-talk with your girl on phone.. When you have nothing to say, just drop the call.. Stop engaging with unnecessary talks on phone with all these Nigerian girls... Nothing dey their head aside fucck!

Not all nigerian girls reason fucck.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by weddingchannels: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
I hope you won't use your hand to destroy your home, Your mom will surly depend on you to take away her loneliness and if she is like those bad ones in African magic, she would want to marry you o. You girlfriend is stating her fears, it's not just a talk, what about companionship?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by bigl: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.

From what u wrote, I can conclude that u are a kid!

This is the real world bro and not a rehearsal!

Life has to go on!

Person wey die don go! Na we wey dey alive make we adjust and do what we have to do!

I can advice a 65year old to remarry!

Its not cos of sex but companionship!

Wait till u get married and your mum starts bothering u to come around due to loneliness , then u will know say, na meat wey we draw wey no break dem dey call nama!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ImaIma1(f): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
eRex:
If I were not married and I meet your GF... I will marry her....

She reason like a REAL LOGICAL AND MATURED PERSON.

The older someone gets the lonelier they become.

Quick check...
Case 1:
My mum had 4 of us 2 of us were married before she passed on.

My dad remarried after a year... Despite we kids rebuffing and co.

Today we are all happy living.. the guy is living is life so we are.

Case two:
My wife's mum lost her husband over 22years now. And never remarried. With my wife being the first child, she calls my wife DAILY discussing things that don't interest us.... But interest her...
- Ooooh she has been made secretary to the women association in the village.
- how she got a set of new chicks and will rear dem till infinity.
I can go on and on... and this happens Everyday.
Best part is she flashes and we call.. and it goes for hours.
Point is she is obviously lonely as she stays alone in the building built by her husband in the village... All d kids are in Lagos chasing one thing or the other.
We practically have asked her self... Is any man not wooing u in the village.
Loneliness can lead to depression... So much though of.....

In you own stand think it thru....

You MAY underline MAY ... Never be there when she needed some one to talk to when u are married and seriously pursuing your career.

My point... Your GF was never out of place throwing such discussion.. only shows she have had a future in though which most ladies don't have.

I sure hope u too think of the future too.

The funny thing is that if your wife's mum had remarried after a year like your dad, it even 3 years after, she would have been under fire for not mourning her husband enough.

As per the OP's case, I feel his gf means well for the mum for her to suggest his mum getting married.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Exodora: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
You girlfriend is a nice girl and we'll brought up cos it takes only one that cares to understand what your mum is passing through .
If you really love your mum is best you ask her to get herself hulked up with someone it will lengthen her life .
One of my uncle once lost his wife some years ago and then lonlilonel nearly took him away cos he stay in the whole of the house all alone.
But then it was not helping even though he has a cook who comes and makes his food and then goes, but my uncle was gradually drifting away by loneliness and one could see it in his eyes cos he was aging drastically .Thank God for my aunties who noticed immediately and finds a solution to that by find him a woman though she is old but at least he now has somebody he could speak to , someone who cooks , talks and makes him smile.
So my advice to you is that there is absolutely nothing wrong in what she says besides she is doing your mum good.
There is this popular muscian who got her mum hulked up with a man and I bet you she is happily married, if you are not self-centered you will do same for your mum .

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mvici: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Luckysbab:

Oga, the truth is bitter. That girl is way more matured than you are.

If I had my way, I will advise her not to marry you sef.

Na your type go dey trouble your wife over petty issues. You don't deserve her.

Also it is grandchildren, not groundchildren abi groundnut children
grin wetin bring groundnut enter here again, una no go kill person for this room... it's just a wrong understanding of the spelling because I was fast,
I will never trouble my future wife likewise she too by God grace .
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Exodora: 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
You girlfriend is a nice girl and a well-brought up cos it takes only one that cares to understand what your mum is passing through .
If you really love your mum is best you ask her to get herself hulked up with someone it will lengthen her life .
One of my uncle once lost his wife some years ago and then lonlilonel nearly took him away cos he stays in the whole of the house all alone.
But then it was not helping even though he has a cook who comes and makes his food and then goes, but my uncle was gradually drifting away by loneliness and one could see it in his eyes cos he was aging drastically .Thank God for my aunties who noticed immediately and finds a solution to that by find him a woman though she is old but at least he now has someone he could speak to , someone who cooks , talks and makes him smile.
So my advice to you is that there is absolutely nothing wrong in what she says besides she is doing your mum good.
There is this popular muscian who got her mum hulked up with a man and I bet you she is happily married, if you are not self-centered you will do same for your mum .

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by chatinent: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
No bi by big head dem dey use know book las las. Just glance through what the OP wrote.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by chinchonglee(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rapture4real:

1693 likes on Nairaland.Such a crowd.
Only if the likes can be converted to money!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AmuDimpka: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
She might be talking from her family experience... Spoke women will remarry once their husband dies or leaves while some would live and sacrifice for their kids !

She is not the type that would live for her kids !
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Rejoice5000(f): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense
✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Swtbabyvee(f): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
I hv a girl friend who her mum has gone for 10years,, she said she can’t imagine her father remarrying. Am like how selfish!! He deserve happiness and companionship. She says maybe when everybody is married . She’s old enough for marriage and the last born but non of her siblings are married yet. Yes these things happen.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Renegadefrank(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Your girlfriend is concerned for your Mum and you're thinking like this?

You're a child. Grow up. Everyone needs companionship. Your girl only voiced an opinion and you've twisted the whole thing into something negative. Wow!

Your Mum said no doesn't mean your girl is a monster or wrong for bringing it up. Learn to accommodate the opinions of others without prejudice. People do the same for you. You just don't know it
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Asking your mum to remarry is the best your woman could ask for her out of care. Your mum needs a companion, caregiver and a shoulder to rest on whenever she is down. Your cannot always be there.

At 52, I advise you talk her into giving it a short. She has many years in front of her unless you want her to die from loneliness.

Only a husband can fill the vacuum the passing of your dad has created. With time, you wouldn't be able to bear her burden. Marriage is not all about sex.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AkuOlisa: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Mvici:
1992 pikin still be child maybe na the way I take reason the matter.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone born from 1990 is still a child.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by wiloy2k8(m): 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

Na pikin dey worry u
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by eRex(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

The funny thing is that if your wife's mum had remarried after a year like your dad, it even 3 years after, she would have been under fire for not mourning her husband enough.

As per the OP's case, I feel his gf means well for the mum for her to suggest his mum getting married.
Its is the rubbish mentality of ownership via marriage...

I blame our customs and traditions for putting us were we are on this issue.
After billing the man thousands n millions of naira just to get married to the woman,
Suddenly the late husband family will start looking at the widow like.... Upon all d money that our brother spent to marry this one... she want to go and marry another...

Can't try this in civilized country..
Divorce is hot cake... With divorce lawyers cashing out.... Not to talk of when the spouse is now late
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Vyolet(f): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
That lady dogded a bullet, I hope she finds someone worthy of her kind of brain not a dummy, people pleaser like this Op.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by supereagle(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

You're still thinking like a boy without life's experience. Your GF had a feeling for your mother she must have seen the loneness you didn't see.
Anyway, I have seen widows who have grown up children, one a grandmother now. Before the daughter puts to bed, she told me that she wanted to remarry. I have ladies who told their mother to remarry. Men always advise their fathers to remarry, but men wouldn't want their mothers to remarry. But life must continue.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by jasperism(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
Guy if na your dad dey alive you think say he go wait this long?

Well thank God for your Mom!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Cmon09: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her grand children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

A times its not about the pleasure (sex) it's about companionship,a friend to be with,talk to. I think your gf wants that for your mum.
Don't always see everything from a perverse angle.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
Indaboski007:
Mothers of that set especially igbo people most of them don't remarry. It's this 80's down generation that started this remarry thing for women.

Even in those days women remarry for only children sake. Our generation has lost it everything sex sex sex

So you think marriage is all about sex?

Lmao
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
franugo:

This is the second time you're using ground children....and here I was thinking it was a mistake the first time...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the suggestion your gf gave, honestly you are the one dts supposed to be championing ur mum having company, what exactly does she do on her own when you're in school??

Its grandchildren by the way..

Ground children

Hahahahaha

That gives him away actually

People from his kind of "background" are more inclined to think that way grin

And that's a lot of people in Nigeria
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
victorian:
Op, let your mom live in peace. You think to get married again to a man is child's play? It's lots of work. And at 56? Trust me, she's not ready to go down that lane again.
My dad died before my mum at age 90 years, my mum was 55years back then. She was always alone, either cooking my meals and gisting with me as my chat buddy whenever I got back from work. Sometimes I get to see her reading her Bible. One day I asked her mummy, are u not lonely? Don't u want a man to keep you company? She smiled. She shook her head and said no. She is not ready for man wahala and she happy and peaceful seeing me working and getting myself together. That I'm the one who's suppose to marry, she has lived her life and no man can replace my dad. She's not just ready for any man issues. That I should marry and give her grandchildren.
I sighed, I said OK mom.

She looks peaceful living alone without a man and she died peacefully,5years later.

Op just leave your mom Abeg. Let her live her remaining life in peace.

Then your gf? Let her know mom is not getting married, end of discussion.

Dad =90 years

Mum = 55 years

That's interesting
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ambber(f): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
52 year old is still young and capable of remarrying if she wants to. Life doesn’t stop when a spouse dies. The girl was only making a suggestion and looking out for your mum because loneliness does kill. You are over thinking this and making mountains out of a mole hill or looking for an excuse to dump the girl. Watch your blood pressure dear
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by DexterousOne(m): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
kiddkash:
you are a child. you haven't experienced life especially on the streets

He sure has not
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by frisky2good(m): 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

OP thinks he can always be there for his mum. One day he will discover that it is the village headmaster that is always in their house keeping his mother company. Not because they are having anything intimate but because he's the one that has her time.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by akaahs(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.
Apparently ur mum and mine, are the same age and got marry the same year probably gave birth to me and U the same year. My mum has been a widow since 2005 when our dad died and have never considered getting married again despite the sexual urge and numerous toasters according to her but decided to honour our dad by keeping herself till death according to her.
This generation of women/men think everything start and end with sex or enjoyment.
Hala ur mum for me and may God give her the strength to resist all temptations.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Only 52? Was thinking she's above 60. You are simply Immature.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ImaIma1(f): 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
eRex:

Its is the rubbish mentality of ownership via marriage...

I blame our customs and traditions for putting us were we are on this issue.
After billing the man thousands n millions of naira just to get married to the woman,
Suddenly the late husband family will start looking at the widow like.... Upon all d money that our brother spent to marry this one... she want to go and marry another...

Can't try this in civilized country..
Divorce is hot cake... With divorce lawyers cashing out.... Not to talk of when the spouse is now late

And that's why as a Nigerian man, the OP has such mentality. Meanwhile the girlfriend doesn't

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ladies, You Get To Your Boyfriend's Room And Meet This What Will You Do? / "I Have 20k Followers, They Follow Me Because Of My Big Breast" - Lady Says / Ex-Boyfriend Shares Girlfriend's Nudes On Facebook. Nigerians Blast Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.