Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single (15842 Views)

"If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady / "Until That Man Has Claimed You As His Own You Are Single" - Twitter User / How Do You Control Sexual Urge When You Are Single.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
ovcwality:

I used to see some white men with black women too in their profile pics when am reading comments on Facebook

Zinibanks why are you always looking for BAW but always complaining on each topic about them

Now lastly, I just finished watching a short clip on espn and I saw about three BAW with their husbands, didn't know their divorce rate or whatever you people are arguing about is this high
Firstly what is BAW cool
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by ovcwality(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Firstly what is BAW cool
Na here I see am too, it seems to be black American women (BAW) right? Back to my question, why are you always stalking black American women?

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
ovcwality:

Na here I see am too, it seems to be black American women (BAW) right?
Back to my question, why are you always stalking black American women?
Where on any thread did you see me saying I stalk myself around BAW show me cool
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 24, 2020
Not a few! 2.

Terryishere:

There are 20 million black American men in this country and you want to compare a few celebrities with them, does this make any sense to you?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 24, 2020
Really! 70%? What ass did you pull those statistics from?

Blackmoran:
How will a black america woman get married? They have this ghetto mentality, most of them don't look feminine in character which is a turn off to most guys, 80pecent of blacks at age 18 -22 are already single mothers out of wedlock tell me any sensible man that want that baggage. 70 percent of black American woman lives on government welfare and alimony, black america women sees marriage as business hence they get into marriage after a year they ask for divorce, hence free access to there partner wealth, opportunity to child support and so on... In summary most of them are full of baggage, black america women don't like a nice guy, rather they prefer the drug dealer, the gang leader and so on.... I won't blame them totally, its a cultural problem that as a whole black Americans both sexes have a part to play... It is only in the black community when you graduate from college nothing happens, but when you just get out of jail your friends and family will throw a welcome party for you.....

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 24, 2020
So who’s right? Well, here are the facts according to a newly released 2016 report by the US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute.

* Number of Americans receiving welfare assistance: 110,489,000

* Number of Americans receiving food stamps: 41,700,000

* Number of Americans on unemployment insurance: 10,200,000

* Percentage of the US population on welfare: 35.4 percent

* Total government spending on welfare annually: $131.9 billion

So how many Blacks vs. whites?

Well, believe it or not, the numbers are actually about the same. There are just about as many whites on welfare as there are Blacks.

* Percent of welfare recipients who are white: 38.8 percent

* Percent of welfare recipients who are Black: 39.8 percent
Blackmoran:
this is not about Hollywood, go and check the statistics and make your research.. 1 which race has the highest single mothers... 2 which race depends on government welfare most... 3 which race has the highest divorce rate... When you done get back to me...
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 24, 2020
The national Census Bureau data show that in 2013, 13.4 million parents had custody of children under the age of 21 while the other parent lived elsewhere, and the aggregate amount of child support received was $22.5 billion. In 2013, almost 83% of custodial parents were mothers. Of all custodial parents, 48% were white (non-Hispanic), 25% were black, 23% were Hispanic, 16% were married, 33% were divorced, 38% were never married, 13% did not have a high school diploma, almost 20% had at least a bachelor’s degree, 50% worked full-time year-round, 29% had family income below poverty, and nearly 43% received some type of public assistance. In 2013, 2.6 million (40%) of the 6.5 million custodial parents with child support orders actually received the full amount of child support that was owed to them. The average yearly child support payment received by custodial parents with payments was $5,181 for mothers and $6,526 for fathers. These full or partial payments represented about 16% of the custodial mothers’ total yearly income and 9% of the custodial fathers’ yearly income. Compared to 1993 Census data, less child support was received by custodial parents in 2013 ($24.8 billion in 1993 versus $22.5 billion in 2013; in 2013 dollars). However, a higher percentage of those owed child support actually received all that they were due (36.9% in 1993 versus 45.6% in 2013).  

So yes, You must live in the ghetto!!

Blackmoran:
How will a black america woman get married? They have this ghetto mentality, most of them don't look feminine in character which is a turn off to most guys, 80pecent of blacks at age 18 -22 are already single mothers out of wedlock tell me any sensible man that want that baggage. 70 percent of black American woman lives on government welfare and alimony, black america women sees marriage as business hence they get into marriage after a year they ask for divorce, hence free access to there partner wealth, opportunity to child support and so on... In summary most of them are full of baggage, black america women don't like a nice guy, rather they prefer the drug dealer, the gang leader and so on.... I won't blame them totally, its a cultural problem that as a whole black Americans both sexes have a part to play... It is only in the black community when you graduate from college nothing happens, but when you just get out of jail your friends and family will throw a welcome party for you.....
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by luvbane: 4:38am On Sep 24, 2020
Hmmm... a lot of you are completely off with your theories. African American women are the most educated group in America. Is that ghetto, is that less feminine? Absolutely not. We don’t beg all day to chop someone’s money we are out here getting it. As far as single rates, those numbers are off as well. Yes, there is mass incarceration. However, f what you see on television there are plenty of educated black men. However, as with anything when you have access to different environments and people-sometimes the preference of race based dating (dating your “own” only) isn’t the only priority.

The stereotypes we have been forced to believe about each other Africans or AA is insane. Just because there is a myth about Africans being unclean, immoral etc -sounds similar to what you’re told huh? Doesn’t mean it’s true. At all.

Try again.

2 Likes

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 24, 2020
He's not fully a BAM. His mama was white.

CanadaOrBust:

Almost all Americans are children/ descendants of immigrants. Any woman born and raised in US is a BAW regardless of forefathers’ immigration status. Obama is fully a BAM despite having an immigrant father

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 24, 2020
This dramatic racial gap in marriage matters because marital structure has important implications for the living arrangements and well-being of children. In 2015, about 54% of black children lived with a single mother, while the share of white children living with a single mother was about 22%.1 Differences in family structure are a contributing factor to differences in economic resources. In 2006, 33% of black children were living below the poverty line, while only 14% of white children were.2 A growing body of literature suggests that the conditions under which children grow up matter for their well-being as adults. Carneiro and Heckman (2003) and Cunha et al. (2006), among others, show that differences between children appear at very early ages and that the family environment plays a significant role in generating these differences.

Why do black individuals marry at lower rates than white individuals? Wilson (1987) suggests that characteristics of the black male population, and in particular the lack of marriageable black men due to high rates of unemployment and incarceration, are an important factor contributing to the black-white differences in marital status. This is usually referred to as the ‘Wilson hypothesis’.

w1n5t0n:
But why is it that, unlike other minorities, most baby mamas are AA? It's not scarcity of black men, it's that the black women don't want marriage for reasons like
- the govt welfare mentioned above
- the bad advice from their mothers
- obsession with scholastic achievement

Compare with Hispanic and Asians. They maintain a close-knit family structure. How can BAW value marriage when aunties and cousins don't have stable relationships?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 24, 2020
They are not the bigger problem. It's not the black women that doesn't raise her child right; well other than having a child with a useless man.
When you are both mother and father to a child; and unless you can "work from home" which before covid only about less than 25% of households had that luxury, the child will never know a family unit. The woman has to be more man to the family unit than woman because you can't take care of your family without money. Most children are left to fend for themselves, or in the care of their mother's relatives. If the children are lucky, they may be exposed to a male figure authority since past generational males are present in strong female households. Woman that do lower their marriage standards to marry a lesser male will just end up with another man/child to support; the most expensive of all her children!!

chigoizie7:

If you had read my other comments on this very thread, you will see where I mentioned something like, “ those who didn’t grow or have fathers will never know the importance of one”. It applies to those who do not have good homes. Those who do not have that family orientation. An average AA doesn’t value the family settings where fathers and mothers work together for the betterment of their kids. They always take the easy ways out, most of the men are always willing to be good fathers, but the sassy ness,loud mouthed ness and other vices of an AA wouldn’t let them. An AA woman is vindictive in nature. Now I know that the society made them that way, it’s a vicious cycle. But it is high time they start asking themselves questions so as to solve their problems.

Now I will tell you. A man (drunkard) had twins( boys). One became a drunkard just like the father, the other vowed never to be like the father. Now these are two people faced with the same situation but acted differently.

The AA woman should have learnt by now that they are partly one of the bigger problems of the AA in general.

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 24, 2020
Just so y'all know, 70% of Black American Women who are this, that and the other; is only about 8.25 million women out of 330 million people. So what are you actually bitching about!?

Terryishere:

#1 By your logic of a black American woman being BAW would include the 70% of.black Americans this topic is about i.e. Africans, Caribbeans,.Hispanics. So the 70% of single black women in the states includes Africans/Nigerians.

#2 Obama is not a full black man, that's impossible, a white woman can't give birth to a black child, he's biracial. Stop trying to replace black people with mixed race people.

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Philosopher1979: 5:57am On Sep 24, 2020
Terryishere:

All three of your reasons are wrong especially #3 To find out the root cause of mass incarceration for black Americans Google the 13th Amendment in the US Constitution, you will then understand systemic racism.

ALL THE THREE REASONS ARE RIGHT.
BESIDES YOY ARE ONLY CONFIRMING THE THURD REASON
IN FACT IT ALSO AFFECTS THE MEN AS MOST BLACK AMERICAN MEN GREW UP WITHOUT A FATHER AND THEY ALSO END UP IN JAIL
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 24, 2020
You are the funniest of the dumb motherfuckers!!!!!

chigoizie7:

Lol, you are 100% correct. You had an idea of how damaged most of them are, majority are very ungrateful. They expect you to take all the shits they dole out but wouldn’t take the little you have. The welfare system favors them very well.

But you know one thing?, most of them derive joy and happiness whoring around. So when they get the divorce compensation, they start jumping from one dick to another fighting over men. But all these boils down to lack of morals, because they do not have that parental upbringing, it’s either she is raised by a single mother who also was raised without a father figure, most of them while being raised by a single mom who goes about jumping from one boyfriend to another, bringing different men home at different times, they saw it as a norm, they just can’t help it.

That is why I said that that family orientation is the best thing to ever happen to anyone. If you still have your parents living together, be grateful. And you as a young man, always make sure that you marry someone who has a very high respect and regards to the marriage institution and family values. You do not know what we enjoy as core Africans. South Africa is towing that same route as well. But it is worst in America.

An average AA woman is damaged, morally, psychologically and otherwise.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 24, 2020
This is a true, but simplistic view of black and white. There are different shades of black and different shades of white. The previous shades of black and white were already mixed!! And not in the same percentages!!

Terryishere:

You don't have to show me a picture of Adam Clayton Powell, I know my history. Adam Clayton Powell was a man of mixed heritage who live doing the time of Jim Crow and the ONE drop of black blood made you black rule, not a law but a rule to keep the white race pure.

That doesn't exist anymore, saying he was a black man is the same as saying Mariah Carey is a black woman which she is not. That's why they have biracial or other on the US census now.

It takes 2 white parents to make a white child just as it takes 2 black parents to make a.black child
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by luvbane: 6:22am On Sep 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

ALL THE THREE REASONS ARE RIGHT.
BESIDES YOY ARE ONLY CONFIRMING THE THURD REASON
IN FACT IT ALSO AFFECTS THE MEN AS MOST BLACK AMERICAN MEN GREW UP WITHOUT A FATHER AND THEY ALSO END UP IN JAIL

Is it crack that you smoke? Please do your history, real history. Better yet come to America. That is absolutely untrue. Black men are convicted disproportionately but no most black men don’t end up in jail.

Even with African American women being the most educated group in the country there is still a wage gap. Black men still remain higher earners usually. Stop watching rap videos and hood movies. All the men that I know are educated with high earnings.

Stop the madness and perpetuating white superiority. You’d be surprised at what we are taught about Nigeria. Not the truth about colonialism and white greed that keeps the majority of citizens deeply impoverished. I’m talking about the same stereotypes you’re perpetuating...

2 Likes

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 6:44am On Sep 24, 2020
luvbane:

Is it crack that you smoke? Please do your history, real history. Better yet come to America. That is absolutely untrue. Black men are convicted disproportionately but no most black men don’t end up in jail.

Even with African American women being the most educated group in the country there is still a wage gap. Black men still remain higher earners usually. Stop watching rap videos and hood movies. All the men that I know are educated with high earnings.

Stop the madness and perpetuating white superiority. You’d be surprised at what we are taught about Nigeria. Not the truth about colonialism and white greed that keeps the majority of citizens deeply impoverished. I’m talking about the same stereotypes you’re perpetuating...
this pieces of statement looks odd because you are insinuating that the black American women are majorly less employed than the black American men.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by chigoizie7(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
MarjieJ98354:
You are the funniest of the dumb motherfuckers!!!!!

Mtcheeeew, I do not reply to useless people.

So, move.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by luvbane: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
Your comprehension is way off. Women have been and still are paid less than men across the board. That has nothing to do with employment numbers it has everything to do with sexism...

I was slightly amused by your fascination with being the bearer of all these untruths but that has worn off. I won’t waste more time interacting with someone who low key has an inferiority complex with black people in America, otherwise you wouldn’t be such a hater. Hater as in jealous, you know jealously like the white people that you uphold feel every time they see our melanated faces. We’re just amazing and dope, despite all the disadvantages historically and today.

You are foul. Just like every black man in America is not destined for jail or a deadbeat, I know every Nigerian male is not a yahoo boy, woman beater or womanizer. Every black woman is not ghetto, a baby momma or unfeminine, and Nigerian ladies are not all gold digging ashawos, bleaching their skin or selling their babies....

I’m done exchanging with you.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by khia: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2020

My dear you are lucky to be a Nigerian woman. But Nigerian females are gradually becoming like AA women. Slowly but surely.

She's very lucky to be a Nigerian woman suffering the oppression and suppression from the hands of Nigerian men, the hell with personal freedoms.

That's right, keep them barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen and bedroom at all times. undecided If they can become even a little like AA women that would be a victory for them. So many Nigerian women are living their best lives in the US enjoying their personal freedoms and becoming Black/African American women. grin That must suck for the controlling Nigerian man. grin grin grin
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by khia: 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
luvbane:
Your comprehension is way off. Women have been and still are paid less than men across the board. That has nothing to do with employment numbers it has everything to do with sexism...

I was slightly amused by your fascination with being the bearer of all these untruths but that has worn off. I won’t waste more time interacting with someone who low key has an inferiority complex with black people in America, otherwise you wouldn’t be such a hater. Hater as in jealous, you know jealously like the white people that you uphold feel every time they see our melanated faces. We’re just amazing and dope, despite all the disadvantages historically and today.

You are foul. Just like every black man in America is not destined for jail or a deadbeat, I know every Nigerian male is not a yahoo boy, woman beater or womanizer. Every black woman is not ghetto, a baby momma or unfeminine, and Nigerian ladies are not all gold digging ashawos, bleaching their skin or selling their babies....

I’m done exchanging with you.

You have said it all, no more explanation needed, besides he has already admitted to being a coon in a prior post. His inferiority is very high.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
Twins usually emulate each other. Good twin and bad twin are a rare trait.

chigoizie7:

These are just few compared to millions of AA people who are still broken because they lacked that father figure in their lives. Many people define success differently. Now check most of those rappers that had kids and see if they are not if not all in their kids lives? Most people that turned out well, saw the importance, they knew how broken they were, and they vowed to make and make things right. Go and check their success stories, they suffered and then vowed never to allow their own kids go through what they passed through.

But out of the millions of AA these are just but few.

Like I said earlier. A man ( drunkard)gave birth twins, one grew up to be like the father, the other grew up and vowed never to be a drunk like the father. Two people faced with same situations but acted differently. It’s in human nature. One learnt a lesson from the father, while the other continued because he saw what the dad did as a normal thing any other person would be doing.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
khia:

You have said it all, no more explanation needed, besides he has already admitted to being a coon in a prior post. His inferiority is very high.
shocked
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by chigoizie7(m): 4:56am On Sep 26, 2020
MarjieJ98354:
Twins usually emulate each other. Good twin and bad twin are a rare trait.

Your point being?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Cousin9999: 4:32am On Feb 10, 2021
The statistic samples from age groups as low as 18. No, most teenagers and college kids are not married, in serious relationships, or living with a partner. When you examine stats for appropriate ages, it's completely different. Something like 84% are NOT single.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by alphaNomega: 5:08pm On Feb 19

Ok i go yarn.

The reason is not a simple one but a multifaceted one. Many factors come into play when it comes to finding out the reason. The reasons are cultural, socioeconomic, historical, personal, and societal.

Cultural: In the AA community, having a kid outside wedlock is a normal thing. It is even encouraged because kids are able to increase your socioeconomic status. The more kids you have, the more money you get on your tax returns, also the more you are able to get improved welfare packages. So a man is needed only to reproduce and not necessary to raise kids. If a man is present in the home and is earning income to take care of the kids, the lady may not be able to access the welfare package.

Socioeconomic: Like I said above, if you are a single mother, you are in a better position to access welfare packages due to your kids. The society looks upon you as a victim and this affords you access to many welfare benefits, such as free childcare, free daycare, free healthcare, free housing, free food, etc. The government will provide all that for you just for being a single mother so you don't need any man. You only need the occasional dick to calm your loins but not for keepsies.

Historical: Historically, black in America were not allowed to marry or cohabit. The slavery era did this to them and hence that practice has been passed down till today. Also the introduction of the welfare system ensured that women who had men present in the house could not access welfare benefits. Hence men are not needed by the women.

Societal: In the African American community, many men between 18 to 45 are dead or in prison serving long sentences. Therefore there are about 3-4 females to every 1 male. This uneven distribution makes it hard to have a man as your own. And even when you do, other females are waiting to snatch him from you. Furthermore, the few good black men there are tend to pick women from other races (white, Latino, Asian, Samoan, etc women) because he doesn't want the drama of black women. And this furthermore reduces the picking for AA women.

Personal: Because of the unstable nature of African American relationship Dynamics, some women or men in the African American community may choose to remain single.

Also other factors that can come into play are family Dynamics in which a lady is likely not to have a permanent partner because her mother and grandmother never had stable partners. So this becomes her norm and is an acceptable way of life.

Also no other races date black women in America. So they they have limited choices in men when it comes to the relationship pool. They only have black men to look up to.

Hope this helps.

This welfare package you're talking about must be a lot of money for these women to choose to be baby-making machines.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See What This Slay Queen Did After This Guy Proposed To Her [PHOTO] / Girlfriend Wey Calm Down Go Enjoy This Dick PHOTOS / Disgusting Things U've Caught People Doing (Readers' Discretion!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.