Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:49 PM

Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single (16544 Views)

"If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady / "Until That Man Has Claimed You As His Own You Are Single" - Twitter User / How Do You Control Sexual Urge When You Are Single.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 8:49am On Jul 06, 2020
Terryishere:

That's a lie, because he could have used protection and he is still responsible for his child, this applies to all races. Once again I ask you, **What laws were enacted pertaining to black American men and women ONLY?**
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2020
Terryishere:

That's a lie, because he could have used protection and he is still responsible for his child, this applies to all races. Once again I ask you, **What laws were enacted pertaining to black American men and women ONLY?**
aha!
the question was about why are black American women single
the bolded you wrote reveals one of them
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2020
VULCAN:
Since you prefer to discuss a symptom than the cause of the disease let's agree to disagree.

Also your final assertion is very untrue. The destruction of the Black Family began over 400yrs ago when slavers began separating families for economic reasons. The black woman was a big victim then. When slavery ended that ended as well

Dividing the Black Family was restarted in the 60'/70s by Democratic governments who realised that the best way to keep the blacks down was to entice their women with money to live without a husband. That is when Black women became complicit and enablers of the destruction of Black Families. They began to choose money over men. The results are now clear for the whole world to see.

If you are unaware of these things then it is because you know little of Black American history and I suggest you pick up a book or two instead of carrying on with the radical feminists narrative that absolves Black women of their responsibility in the Black Family Holocaust.

Black Men were raised by Black Women. If they are unable to commit to their women and are irresponsible then the problem can be found in their upbringing.

You don't want to deal with that painful reality so let's respectfully end the conversation as I don't really wanna keep on arguing with a person who hasn't studied the topic for themselves.

Have a nice day.

Since you prefer to discuss a symptom than the cause of the disease let's agree to disagree.
Also your final assertion is very untrue. The destruction of the Black Family began over 400yrs ago when slavers began separating families for economic reasons. The black woman was a big victim then. When slavery ended that ended as well. Black women became enablers and lifeline of the American Black Families. The american black began to choose money,sex over supporting the american black women to build the ideal black American famiky. The results are now clear for the whole world to see.
If you are unaware of these things then it is because you know little of Black American history and I suggest you pick up a book or two instead of carrying on with the radical misogynistic narrative that absolves American Black men of their responsibility in the development of the American Black Family.
Black Men impregnate Black Women. If they are refuse to commit to their women and are irresponsible then the problem can be found in their attitude and disposition towards raising a family by been married to a black American woman .
You don't want to deal with that painful reality so let's respectfully end the conversation as I don't really wanna keep on arguing with a person who hasn't studied the topic on black amercan values on family,marriage and responsibility for themselves.
Have a nice day.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
VULCAN:

Also your final assertion is very untrue. The destruction of the Black Family began over 400yrs ago when slavers began separating families for economic reasons. The black woman was a big victim then. When slavery ended that ended as well

Dividing the Black Family was restarted in the 60'/70s by Democratic governments who realised that the best way to keep the blacks down was to entice their women with money to live without a husband. That is when Black women became complicit and enablers of the destruction of Black Families. They began to choose money over men. The results are now clear for the whole world to see.

If you are unaware of these things then it is because you know little of Black American history and I suggest you pick up a book or two instead of carrying on with the radical feminists narrative that absolves Black women of their responsibility in the Black Family Holocaust.

Black Men were raised by Black Women. If they are unable to commit to their women and are irresponsible then the problem can be found in their upbringing.

You don't want to deal with that painful reality so let's respectfully end the conversation as I don't really wanna keep on arguing with a person who hasn't studied the topic for themselves.

Have a nice day.

This actually is a very good write-up

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
pDudd:

Even if they are that way (many actually are), the media portrayal is excessive. In every movie that has an AA women, they are portrayed as loud and sassy. So you watch these movies and believe that ALL of them are that way which isn't always true.

This is true

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
pDudd:

Ok so therefore you understand the situation then.

It's easy for us Nigerians to criticize them without walking in their shoes.

When I was young in primary school, I will bring home excellent report cards with like 4th or 5th positions. My dad will be asking me if the person that carried first had 2 heads.

One of my AA classmates in school told me that right from when she was little, her mom used to tell her to stop wasting her time with school because she will never make it.

See the difference in our situations?

This is sooo true

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
baralatie:

it is good that you raised this up.
like it is expected you the left out this fact
for every 750000 black American women out of 1000000 in the United State of America who is a single mother in your analysis has 750000 black American Men who is responsible for that condition.

Yeah but who brought up the BAM to be like that?
Answer: BAW!
That’s his point
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
chigoizie7:

If you had read my other comments on this very thread, you will see where I mentioned something like, “ those who didn’t grow or have fathers will never know the importance of one, as such will not make a good one”. It applies to those who do not have good homes. Those who do not have that family orientation. An average AA doesn’t value the family settings where fathers and mothers work together for the betterment of their kids. They always take the easy ways out, most of the men are always willing to be good fathers, but the sassy ness,loud mouthed ness and other vices of an AA wouldn’t let them. An AA woman is vindictive in nature. Now I know that the society made them that way, it’s a vicious cycle. But it is high time they start asking themselves questions so as to solve their problems.

Now I will tell you. A man (drunkard) had twins( boys). One became a drunkard just like the father, the other vowed never to be like the father. Now these are two people faced with the same situation but acted differently.

The AA woman should have learnt by now that they are partly one of the bigger problems of the AA in general.

This is actually quite insightful tho a bit biased against BAW.
@bolded, so why do u think each acted the way he did?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
pDudd:

You're very right my brother. Excellent reply.

The fragmented family unit of the AA community almost always yields fragments families in the next generation and those thereafter. It's a sad situation.

Like you implied, it will take conscious and determined effort to break free of the AA mentality as concerns family Dynamics

How positive. Nairalanders ought learn from this: discussions and arguments don’t have to be confrontational and full of insults

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Earthkumy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
pDudd:

Ok i go yarn.

The reason is not a simple one but a multifaceted one. Many factors come into play when it comes to finding out the reason. The reasons are cultural, socioeconomic, historical, personal, and societal.

Cultural: In the AA community, having a kid outside wedlock is a normal thing. It is even encouraged because kids are able to increase your socioeconomic status. The more kids you have, the more money you get on your tax returns, also the more you are able to get improved welfare packages. So a man is needed only to reproduce and not necessary to raise kids. If a man is present in the home and is earning income to take care of the kids, the lady may not be able to access the welfare package.

Socioeconomic: Like I said above, if you are a single mother, you are in a better position to access welfare packages due to your kids. The society looks upon you as a victim and this affords you access to many welfare benefits, such as free childcare, free daycare, free healthcare, free housing, free food, etc. The government will provide all that for you just for being a single mother so you don't need any man. You only need the occasional dick to calm your loins but not for keepsies.

Historical: Historically, black in America were not allowed to marry or cohabit. The slavery era did this to them and hence that practice has been passed down till today. Also the introduction of the welfare system ensured that women who had men present in the house could not access welfare benefits. Hence men are not needed by the women.

Societal: In the African American community, many men between 18 to 45 are dead or in prison serving long sentences. Therefore there are about 3-4 females to every 1 male. This uneven distribution makes it hard to have a man as your own. And even when you do, other females are waiting to snatch him from you. Furthermore, the few good black men there are tend to pick women from other races (white, Latino, Asian, Samoan, etc women) because he doesn't want the drama of black women. And this furthermore reduces the picking for AA women.

Personal: Because of the unstable nature of African American relationship Dynamics, some women or men in the African American community may choose to remain single.

Also other factors that can come into play are family Dynamics in which a lady is likely not to have a permanent partner because her mother and grandmother never had stable partners. So this becomes her norm and is an acceptable way of life.

Also no other races date black women in America. So they they have limited choices in men when it comes to the relationship pool. They only have black men to look up to.

Hope this helps.

The only sense that make sense

2 Likes

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Share it let's learn from it
Even in movies you see them being rude and lousy when they construct 10 sentence atleast fûck will be of 8 words I don't even see myself marrying them cause no matter how faithful she may be it will later end in tears I was about to text one AA girl on IG one day and something told me to go through her profile it was midnight cause we are six hours ahead of them so what did I want to say the afternoon of that day she signed a divorce paper with her husband I think and she posted it she look very happy like she just won a contract and then I remembered pDudd words about mentioning the government welfare they get,,you see is their government that is spoiling their lives and killing them softly let them Put a stop to that welfare of a thing and some other benefits leaving them with few expectations you'll see there will be low divorce case,so when they get money from welfare they will be very happy at age 60 you'll meet them on every dating app I don't blame does yahoo boys scamming them when you refuse to have brain at your youthful age is it when you now clock 60+ you will now have the brain let's just leave them to their fate

And they keep voting for people who support this welfare stuff, not knowing it helps keep AA’s down and trapped.
Ironic - their friends are actually their enemies
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
Blackmoran:
How will a black america woman get married? They have this ghetto mentality, most of them don't look feminine in character which is a turn off to most guys, 80pecent of blacks at age 18 -22 are already single mothers out of wedlock tell me any sensible man that want that baggage. 70 percent of black American woman lives on government welfare and alimony, black america women sees marriage as business hence they get into marriage after a year they ask for divorce, hence free access to there partner wealth, opportunity to child support and so on... In summary most of them are full of baggage, black america women don't like a nice guy, rather they prefer the drug dealer, the gang leader and so on.... I won't blame them totally, its a cultural problem that as a whole black Americans both sexes have a part to play... It is only in the black community when you graduate from college nothing happens, but when you just get out of jail your friends and family will throw a welcome party for you.....

This is actually insightful tho harsh.
@bolded, quite funny grin
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
Terryishere:

I'm American, what do you think?

American by naturalization? Or were u born and raised in the States
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

How positive. Nairalanders ought learn from this: discussions and arguments don’t have to be confrontational and full of insults

That's right wink
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by SavageResponse(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
See below.
And do u agree with the reasons presented; if not, what reasons would u suggest?

Black women in Africa or in America?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
SavageResponse:

Black women in Africa or in America?

The headline says “Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single” and u still ask this question? Jeez
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Yeah but who brought up the BAM to be like that?
Answer: BAW!
That’s his point
that answer is absolute off point.

is it the Black American woman who happens to be his mother responsible for the pregnancy of another black mother.

the black American man saw a black American woman who drove himself with love feelings and by mutual consent had sex and she got pregnant.the black American man now sees the word responsibility in real terms and decides to run away.

Now someone comes along and says it is the fault of the black American woman (both on his mother's part and his lover)

Everything comes back to the black American man whichever way people want to spin it
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
baralatie:

that answer is absolute off point.

is it the Black American woman who happens to be his mother responsible for the pregnancy of another black mother.

the black American man saw a black American woman who drove himself with love feelings and by mutual consent had sex and she got pregnant.the black American man now sees the word responsibility in real terms and decides to run away.

Now someone comes along and says it is the fault of the black American woman (both on his mother's part and his lover)

Everything comes back to the black American man whichever way people want to spin it

Well psychologists have determined that someone’s character is set by age ten. Which means that in real sense u r not responsible for your character but the person who had custody of you up to age ten. We all agree that mostly BAW have custody of BAM up to age ten. Complete the rest of the logic.
Even George Floyd, at point of death, did not call his wife or baby mama or children, HE CALLED MAMA

Lalasticlala, mynd44, farano, Rocktation
I truly believe this thread deserves to be on FP.
The OP has been edited so it no longer seem a book is being advertised

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Well psychologists have determined that someone’s character is set by age ten. Which means that in real sense u r not responsible for your character but the person who had custody of you up to age ten. We all agree that mostly BAW have custody of BAM up to age ten. Complete the rest of the logic.
Even George Floyd, at point of death, did not call his wife or baby mama or children, HE CALLED MAMA
where is the father of the child?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
baralatie:

where is the father of the child?

Who raised the father of the child? That’s the important question. We have already determined that the father of the child is not responsible for his character

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Who raised the father of the child? That’s the important question. We have already determined that the father of the child is not responsible for his character
see how you are by passing the obvious!
where is the father of the black American man responsible for his entrance to this world!

simple answer!
the black American man has disappeared. he is nowhere around the black American woman who is now forced to be a single mother!
is it not a right for a black American man to raise his children?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
baralatie:

see how you are by passing the obvious!
where is the father of the black American man responsible for his entrance to this world!

simple answer!
the black American man has disappeared. he is nowhere around the black American woman who is now forced to be a single mother!
is it not a right for a black American man to raise his children?

I am not passing anything at all. U r the one doing that and pretending not to know.
We have determined that one’s character is not his fault but fault of whoever raised him.
The question is simple and unambiguous;
WHO RAISED THE BAM??!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

I am not passing anything at all. U r the one doing that and pretending not to know.
We have determined that one’s character is not his fault but fault of whoever raised him.
WHO RAISED THE BAM??!!!
Do you watch divorce court?

Watch like 10 or more different divorce cases and you will find most of your answers therein.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
sassysure:

Do you watch divorce court?

Watch like 10 or more different divorce cases and you will find most of your answers therein.

I only need ONE answer to ONE simple question:
WHO RAISED THE MISBEHAVING BAM??!!

3 Likes

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

I only need ONE answer to ONE simple question:
WHO RAISED THE MISBEHAVING BAM??!!

My question is a general one. Most of the answers you need both positive or negative from both gender is there.

All these going forth and back means nothing if u don't watch and hear the AA people speak. Better if u listen to the judge. I learnt a lot from her too.
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

WHO RAISED THE BAM??!!!
you can see the bold.
this is a clear example of how black American men have been living in open face denial and going about digging up excuses that do not hold water!

here we have a very simple and direct question?

Where in all of the Fifty states (50) of the great United States of America is the Black American Man/Father RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BABY

Is the black American man suddenly an ALIEN from galaxy 11
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by sexylassie2(f): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
Most of the comments are biased, using poor blacks in the ghetto to judge all blacks.

First and foremost, it is a myth that 70% of black women are single.

in 2016 just under half or 48% of black women had never been married which is up from 44% in 2008 and 42.7% in 2005

15% percent of Black men were married to non-Black women which is up from 11% in 2010. About three-fifths of those non-Black women were WhiteWhite

25% of Black male newlyweds in 2013 married non-Black women compared to 12% of Black women who “married out.

Black women were the least likely to marry non-Black men at only 7% in 2017, and only 4/% were married to White men.

Now back to the topic, Blacks during slavery had the family unit intact, even in the 50s, it was a shame for a black woman to have kids out of wedlock but then came the welfare society of the Democratic party and white liberals who brought out policies to destroy the black family.

Now single motherhood is a thing of pride, I see similar stuff going on in the carribean community in the UK and it is gradually coming into our society before you know it the crime rate will increase.

I can categorically say that a strong father is needed in every home, it help to instill discipline in the children.

To end my case, a welfare society and a feminist oriented society will destroy our way of life and cause increase in crime and also rift between men and women.

1 Like

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
sassysure:

My question is a general one. Most of the answers you need both positive or negative from both gender is there.

All these going forth and back means nothing if u don't watch and hear the AA people speak. Better if u listen to the judge. I learnt a lot from her too.

I understand. There are all sorts of issues around. But right now all we are trying to determine is why BAM misbehave. We have determined it’s the fault of whoever raised him. The question we are now trying to answer is WHO RAISED HIM?

2 Likes

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
sexylassie2:
Most of the comments are biased, using poor blacks in the ghetto to judge all blacks.

Blacks during slavery had the family unit intact, even in the 50s, it was a shame for a black woman to have kids out of wedlock but then came the welfare society of the Democratic party and white liberals who brought out policies to destroy the black family.

Now single motherhood is a thing of pride, I see similar stuff going on in the carribean community in the UK and it is gradually coming into our society before you know it the crime rate will increase.

I can categorically say that a strong father is needed in every home, it help to instill discipline in the children.

so you are saying that the reason why 70% of black American women are single is basically because of the Democratic government party policies when they came into power!

yeeeeeeeeeeeepaaaaaaaa!
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by CanadaOrBust: 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
baralatie:

you can see the bold.
this is a clear example of how black American men have been living in open face denial and going about digging up excuses that do not hold water!

here we have a very simple and direct question?

Where in all of the Fifty states (50) of the great United States of America is the Black American Man/Father RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BABY

Is the black American man suddenly an ALIEN from galaxy 11

Non of all u said is in contention. We are all agreed on them. We have also determined that the fault lies with whoever raised the BAM. The question we are trying to answer now is, WHO RAISED HIM?
Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by sexylassie2(f): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
baralatie:

so you are saying that the reason why 70% of black American women are single is basically because of the Democratic government party policies when they came into power!

yeeeeeeeeeeeepaaaaaaaa!

I have updated my answer.

It is a myth that 70% of black women are not married.

Democratic party policies destroyed the black family unit.

Go read about the welfare society they created and the rules for a black woman to be on welfare.

E.g: the Missouri welfare department imposed strange rules on families who lived in public housing. No "able-bodied man" could be in the house if it was also occupied by a woman who received state aid for dependent children."

Another example, they rewarded black women who had multiple children from different fathers instead of stopping the bad behavior.

For instead, instead of fathers should be held financially responsible for their kids, the state financially rewarded the mothers, the mothers saw it as an opportunity to sleep around without consequences.

The consequences of their policies brought about the mentality of so called independent black women, many of these women born offspring who had never had any father figure in their lives, that is why many of them are inpatient with men and have daddy issues and the men always against authorities.

4 Likes

Re: Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single by baralatie(m): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Non of all u said is in contention. We are all agreed on them. We have also determined that the fault lies with whoever raised the BAM. The question we are trying to answer now is, WHO RAISED HIM?
the real question is this
In the court of any jurisprudence in the United States of America.
Will the court excuse any black American man for his faults/errors and hold the black American woman who is the mother accountable or responsible for the black American man's action.

the answer is no!

the courts in the USA says the black American man is to be held accountable.

even if his mom is frost,Clyde or mia khalifa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? / How Do You Tell A Date, They Have Bad Breath? / Couple Before And After Sex Picture, Goes Viral On Facebook (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.