Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? (16282 Views)

Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? / Lebron James Says All Players In Liverpool Are His Favorite Football Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by prizlezzlalasky(f): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2020
jerrybakermillz:

The dude was right in his story when he mention 2012 because man u fans really wanted Chelsea to lose that final as well as Arsenal fans so that they would be on the same page of not letting the cup with them.

Tell ur own emotional story why u supported a particular team n try not to look for error in others story

Thanks for the response...doubt he read my story hence I ignored him. I'm a lady by the way.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Real Madrid - 2006 after that zizou head against zanetti

2012 Shooting star Fc after they sign Gbolahan salami

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by mezcri(m): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Liverpool, 2018 finals
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by konamide(m): 10:30am On Jul 06, 2020
2005 UCL semifinal between Chelsea and Liverpool (L. Garcia's ghost goal). My dad said chelsea played very well and that registered in my head. 1 then saw the news on Channels TV that Chelsea won the league in 2006 and i was very happy. Started following them officially in 2007 sha.

2 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by descartes400: 10:31am On Jul 06, 2020
bhella10:
Kanu in Arsenal. Then the master himself Dennis Bergkamp. Tuale grin 1998

Though an ardent MAN U fan.....but the combination of Dennis bergkamp and marc overmas in attack then, very lethal .
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Peresrichly: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2020
Arsenal 2006 champions league finals. They lost but still i loved them from that day.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Samiah33(m): 10:36am On Jul 06, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Yea, only those that watched them in their prime could appreciate them better.
The Madrid of that time, Casillas ; Hiero; Canavaro; Carlos; Salgado; Makalele; Zizou; Beckham; Figo; Raul; Ronaldo; Guti ; Cambiaso; Campo; Solari ; Stupid Morietes then before the likes of Owen and Huguian, Benzema, Gago, Graveson, Emerson, Lasana, men don play for Madrid ooo
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Bgetto: 10:42am On Jul 06, 2020
Ugaboy:
2002, was still in primary school, i believe below basic 4. my father bought me a madrid jersey... With the player name and No 23, david beckham. It was completely WHITE and BEAUTIFUL.
i only took it as just normal cloth then...we only recognise like clubs "up blues then as in chelsea and gunners as in arsenal etc". I never wanted to follow the crowd, i want a suitable club to support. I got to see this logo on a book. From A JOHNSON PUBLISHER, the love started, i made some reasearch, i was giving many names like the galaticos, white angels, madrid etcs, as i grew up i began to get attach with the club. The day i watch a match and they won.
THAT WHEN MY LOVE STARTED FOR THE CLUB...TILL DATE I'M A DIE-HARD "REAL MADRID" FAN

Hala Madrid dude
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by jerrybakermillz(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

Thanks for the response...doubt he read my story hence I ignored him. I'm a lady by the way.

You even have a good memory lane with the sport as a female than the dude wannabe critic because u gave a full details of your passion and emotion for the game

2 cold Heineken and barbecue for you

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by lugo99(m): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2020
i joined man utd in 2004 cos of Rio Ferdinand was banned 4 8months because he failed drug test, he was called 'Fagbo' after dat, that time i playd as a RB and he's my mentor and role model cos i copied his style, but now i no fit play 10mins, i don dey fagbo now, stoning like chimney, eruku bi silencer,

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by northvietnam(m): 10:55am On Jul 06, 2020
Mine was in 2005 when I was writing my SSCE Exams .... Mikel obi was playing this junior World Cup games with super eagles ... and Siasia was the coach then..

We do sneak Into coper wale’s Lodge to watch super eagles play.

Then after my SSCE... During the long vacation here came the report that mikel will be playing in a club Called Chelsea...

Since then here I’m

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by JBoss25(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2020
Afrikween:
How many United do you know in football?
Newcastle United
Oxford United
Sheffield United
West Ham United
Leeds United
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Rikidony(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2020
2005/2006 THATS WHEN MY LOVE FOR THE BLUE ARMY BEGAN DURING AN FA CUP MATCH WHERE JOHN TERRY GOT A SERIOUS HEAD INJURY.javascript:void(0);

Prior to that period i wasnt really into club football, my main interest was in internation competition, i always look forward to the FIFA World cups, can never forget the 2002 FIFA World cup in Korea/Japan, was going to school late then back in Nursery school due to the fact that the matches where usually played during the early hours of the morning around 6-7 am.

So during my Secondary school days my classmate will be talking and discussing club football, i will just be looking and chipping in some ideas as if i did watch any of the matches grin grin most of them where Milan and Liverpool fans.

So i decided to start watching club football from 2005 and 2006 and i finally fell inlove with the blues, that's a decision i have never regreted, I love Chelsea till death cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by SpicyMimi(f): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2020
I got married (Chelsea), but i still share little of the pains my elder brother is having with the club (Arsenal)

Arsenal to Chelsea.

By the way, we have clearance sales for men's wears -50% discount off! Check my profile for pics and prices.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2020
The moment I saw the jersey I started lovig them, even before watching them play on TV. It all began in the year 2003. I really love AC Milan, the players, fans, their tactical style of play. Former Italy Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi was our owner until 2017, ending a 37 year ownership of the football club.

AC Milan won the UEFA Champions League final against their Italy counterpart, Juventus in a penalty shoot out. I remembered Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko scored the winning goal then.

Nelson Oliveira Dida, the world best goalkeeper back then, he was a left footer, though he commited so many errors during his playing days.
Some of the players were:
Nelson Dida
Marcus Evangelista Cafu
Paolo Maldini
Alessandro Nesta
Khaka Kaladze
Andrea Pirlo
Gennaro Gattuso
Clarence Seedorf
Manuel Rui Costa
Jon Tomersson
Fillipo Inzaghi
Andriy Shevchenko
Vitorino Barbosa Rivaldo
Hernando Crespo
Ricardo Bosco Leite Kaka'
Alberto Gilardinho
Alessandro Costacurta
Serginho.

But nowadays AC Milan are struggling to even play in Europa league. But never the less, I'm an a die hard fan of the football club. Forza Milano.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by ceeceeco: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2020
Manchester United in 1999 when they won the trebble, then I was in JSS1. Beckham and Scholes were my favorite players in the team. Then they had the likes of; 1.Peter Schmeichel. 2.Gary Neville. 3.Denis Irwin. 6.Jaap Stam. 7.David Beckham. 8.Nicky Butt. 9.Andy Cole. 10.Teddy Sheringham. 11.Ryan Giggs. 12.Phil Neville. 16.Roy Keane. 18.Paul Scholes. 19.Dwight Yorke. 20.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. 24.Wes Brown. * Jonathan Greening. *Jesper Blomqvist, and so on...

2 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by chelseamann(m): 11:17am On Jul 06, 2020
I think I started falling in love with football when a viewing centre was opened in my street. I started supporting Chelsea because Mikel was a Nigerian and we really love the fact that a brother is playing for Chelsea..Mikel and Mourinho made me fall in love with Chelsea..

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by chukswag(m): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2020
2007 Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo. United were the best team in the world then..red is my best colour too, the passion grew and stayed on. Can't remember missing a united match the last decade, except during mourinhos boring defensive era.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by paulolee(m): 11:38am On Jul 06, 2020
AmDayo:

Bro abeg dash me 1k abeg, na God I use beg you . Things are just too tight for me.
311 276 2806 first bank
Temidayo E Amoo
guy....said i lost moni last nite...inter cut ma ticket and u say mk i dash u moni on top my loss
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by paulolee(m): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2020
scylentstorm:

Hahaha! Several dimensions to your story. You even had to include your bets to it. 750k (for whatever amount you staked) is huge. You were so lucky.
yup...jus remebered d ticket as i was typing because dt 5k wey i stake still de pain me

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by ciencee(m): 11:40am On Jul 06, 2020
I used to like AC Milan before David Beckham scored that wonderful goal from United half against Wimbledon in 1996, from them it's an automatic switch from Red/white of Milan to Red/white of Manchester.
I never regretted the switch, because United also had the KING OF PREMIER LEAGUE then.
ERIC CANTONA grin grin grin
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Emmariks(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2020
Yale9:
Looks like Manchester United has the most fans from what I'm seeing.
Check again and you'll see three Chelsea fans comments inbetween every comment.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by aytigidz433(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2020
My first introduction to football was on the streets of zone 4, only God knows how many beatings and "lockdowns" I experienced then for going out illegally to play ball come back dirty and sweaty come still dey lie say I no go play ball undecided.... I started playing FIFA on PS1 then and my favorite team, I'll call them my crush, was AC Milan. What a team! better cheat mode that year but as I no dey watch them play weekly it wasn't that hard to fall in love with the beautiful "babe" that was Real Madrid.
I first watched them in the final against Bayern Leverkusen in 2002. I was watching with an older relative and we were supporting opposite sides. As a kid then I categorically stated that Madrid would win and this my cousin just laughed at me, that just made me vehemently support them even more, even when Leverkusen scored and d mockery got worse undecided well Madrid won with the goal by Zidane a masterpiece, just imagine seeing that as a child shocked I was hooked.
Well d Madrid post then was good but.... Alas the relationship stalled as we didn't get to see much of each other.
And then I remember walking into a viewing center a pure neutral at the time (even though I had a soft spot for Arsenal because of Kanu) to watch Manchester United take on Arsenal who were on a 49 games unbeaten run. Guess I fell madly in love with United as a club that day (thank you Jesus for not letting me marry d wrong club wink) I didn't realize when I started stalking, watching and following her around on the internet like a lost puppy. I've had lots of highs and years of lows (yes I'm looking at you Moyes, Lvg and Moanriho wink) well in walked Solksjaer and I'm loving it right now. This is my ride or die team now. For better, for worse literally grin GGMU.

2 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by aytigidz433(m): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2020
chukswag:
2007 Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo. United were the best team in the world then..red is my best colour too, the passion grew and stayed on. Can't remember missing a united match the last decade, except during mourinhos boring defensive era.

Me too, except the Moyes and Lvg reigns though I watched the top 4 clashes (lvg) as that's when we usually played better. I didn't watch most of 2-3 seasons, sad times, boring football. Then Mourinho stepped in and hope came in one window and jumped out the other. Well Solksjaer after plenty problems seems to be doing alright.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by TGMISKY(m): 11:56am On Jul 06, 2020
When I started following football games, I thought Arsenal were a french side because of the number of French personnel in the team. From the coach to their attack, to their midfield, and even their defence had great french players. Dad was also an Arsenal fan, so I subconsciously became one.
There came a time when a new 'sect' sprang up. People called them "noisy fans", "agbero club", but they called themselves "the millionaires' or billionaires' club". Little by little, I started asking for their matchday results and began to make mental notes that truthfully, they were good albeit 'proud'. One day, I sneaked out of the house to go watch Jay Jay Okocha humilliate this noisy fans and that was the first time I consciously saw them play football. O, what a day! This club gave my Okocha's Bolton a whooping 5-1. Just then, I knew that this would be the club I'd support. I fell inlove with the passion that transmitted from the fans to the players.
Thank God for His divine intervention. Today I'd have been an Arsenal fan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by vikiphy89(m): 11:58am On Jul 06, 2020
Was supporting ac milan as of 2006 before shevchenko my favorite and my adopted name then, now move to chelsea. I joined him to chelsea travelling frm milan to london, and since then my blood turns blue then i reside in london.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by delkuf(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
I don't know if you guy supporting man utd remember Rudd van nisterooy. that to me is the best controller of the ball. I one game can't really remember the opponent, but David Beckham gave bend it like Beckham pass, and this just coolly control the ball and score. those days where the best.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Standard88(m): 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
JeffreyD1:
In 2007 I wanted to be a die hard Chelsea fans, but then drogba was at Chelsea then and I hate the guy after he scored Nigeria in that nation cup offside goal e pain me eeh

I then switched to United

Since then I've been Man Utd fans till now
initially i hate Drogba because of the offside goal he scored against Nigeria at Nation cup i now decided to go and watch Chelsea game in other to mock him, but he perform very well that day including the whole Chelsea squad that day, that is how i fall in love with Chelsea and have been their die hard fans ever since then. CHELSEA FOR LIFE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by delkuf(m): 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
Another reason why I like man utd is when man utd is loosing and you see sir Alex Ferguson standing at the torchline and pointing to his wrist watch. Then you will feel proud man utd fan. the way of play by man will change.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
In 1994 I started supporting Manchester United because my Grandpa supported it I even remember the treble and celebrating with him before then but never really watched their game till 94 and since then I’ve always supported them through the years

I also supported Liverpool versus Milan I forget the year they won the champions league because I was loyal to English football but now their my rivals lol

Same year I played fifa
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by PattyMike(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
I started to support Chelsea in late 2005, even at a young age I felt there was something wrong, I'm in the wrong place. The next year 2006 I watched a Man u match and switched to Man U immediately cus of how they played. Oh watching Ronaldo and Rooney was a joy, oh Ronaldo dribbling ruined Ashley Cole career. I denounced Chelsea immediately and I have never looked back, till date nothing irritates me more than watching Chelsea play and their supporters especially the supporters. They are the most aggressive fellows I have ever met, u just try to banter a Chelsea fan e will baff u with spit, if u keep arguing he can slap ur face. Only Chelsea fans, very troublesome set of people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by delkuf(m): 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
oostin:
Basically I've always had two teams, AC Milan and Chelsea.

Started supporting AC Milan in 1988-1989 thereabouts after watching football Italia (Serie A was far and away the best league in the world then and AC Milan was the best team in Serie A).

Started following Chelsea in 1996 when my favourite player, Ruud Gullit, left AC Milan to join Chelsea.

Now I also follow Barcelona basically because of Lionel Messi.
guy you don old ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (3 - 1) On Saturday November-4-2012 / Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Kalu Uche Named Nigeria’s Richest Players / "We Are Ready To Give Everything To Win Today" - Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.