Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? (16254 Views)

Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? / Lebron James Says All Players In Liverpool Are His Favorite Football Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by olaboy33(m): 7:09am On Jul 06, 2020
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by TheOmoney(m): 7:10am On Jul 06, 2020
Our TV, standing fan, pressing iron, fridge was SHARP....Became an ardent Man Utd fan since year 2000 cos of that. grin

22 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by mespusinglez(m): 7:10am On Jul 06, 2020
FC Barcelona 2004 When Ronaldinho Was Trying So Hard To Score A Banana Free Kick 6 Attempt but No Hope

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by gentiboy: 7:10am On Jul 06, 2020
Na express u dey go...... Rubbish CLUB

Blues since 2006... Till death do us part. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by great664(m): 7:11am On Jul 06, 2020
It is a long story but worth reading.... Relax and enjoy

I move to an area where football is like a festival, every weekend people queue up to watch the game, argue, laugh and share history together. And yes, everyone supporting one club, Liverpool was majority then and the high class supporters.

I don’t have interest nor support any but gradually to waste time with them, i started watching the game with them but one thing was certain, I don’t favor any club whoever score is totally fine with me.

As months, years went by I began to feel my heart beating fast whenever Real Madrid is playing, either winning or loosing, playing against big or small club.

The day Madrid loose a game will be my worst day while other clubs means nothing to me.

The funny things is in my country Premiere League is what everyone support and only watch El_Clásico but that’s not me. Though, they found it weird.

After many months i started reading Real Madrid history, watching videos, trophies etc then i proclaim myself a Real Madrid fan and everything around me speak Madrid.

The best club in the whole world

Santiago Bernabéu where HISTORY is Made.

#HalaMadrid y na da mas

7 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by keentola(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2020
Have no illusions. Your mind is your most powerful arsenal. More powerful than your biceps, and more enticing than your beauty.

Your mind is the only thing you have as the last fort against foes.

In a world where your mind is being fed forcefully with various inanities, what precaution are you taking?

Do you have a plan on how to protect your fort, or you just don't care enough?

If you want to protect what's yours, there's no better way than to READ BOOKS

get your books –pdf and hard copies by messaging the number in the bio section on WhatsApp
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Farki: 7:12am On Jul 06, 2020
Since I saw Beckham play for England and Manchester United in 2003.

10 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Enyoo: 7:13am On Jul 06, 2020
I started supporting my belove liverpool fc 2004 then during 2005 champ final against ACM my love for liverpool boom increase.. Ever since then I have bn in relationship with liverpool.. Still my longest relationship ever.. Ynwa

10 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by joshuaidibia(m): 7:14am On Jul 06, 2020
scylentstorm:
What inspired you to start supporting the Football Club you are currently supporting?

For me, it was sheer emotion. I'm an Arsenal fan. Before the 2006 UEFA Champions League, I had no definite clubside I support. I would always want the underdogs to win even if the odds against them was 100 to 1.

During the first half of the 2006 UCL final, Arsenal seemed to me to be the better side, they had more popular names compared to their opponent, Barca. So I wanted them to lose. It was a bad belle kinda thing. My support for Barcelona in this match was further heightened when Arsenal was a goal up. However, when Lehmann got that unfortunate red card and things started to fall apart for Arsenal, I began to develop a soft spot for them. Quickly in the second half when Barca started leading 2-1 and Arsenal was displaced to the underdog that I had always loved to support, I thought "oh no, this match mustn't end this way".

The rest is history.

They lost the match and I became one of their biggest sympathizers then and a fan till date. I'm actually regretting that now.

How and when did you start supporting your club?

Arsenal 2004, I chose them for no good reason, maybe because my senior bro was and still is an Arsenal fan. Why I'm still supporting them will forever remain a mystery to me. Probably because Arsenal fans are known to be die hard, unlike Chelsea and Man Utd.

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by helinues: 7:15am On Jul 06, 2020
It don tey oo

Back in the days of football pool

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by lordkay10(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2020
Arsenal since 1997

6 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Marvel1206: 7:15am On Jul 06, 2020
Arsenal since 2005. There was an argument about people and clubs they support so I didn't have a club I was passionate about so I chose Chelsea, but hey it was already taken by someone. I turned to Arsenal and ever since grin

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by chukzyfcbb: 7:15am On Jul 06, 2020
05/06 I became a fan of FCB.

Before then I had I been interested in the team thanks to Patrick Kluivert, I just liked the way he breezed through defenders.

But Ronaldinho made me a convert smiley
I spent a lot of my time at cybercafe watching Jogabonito videos then just to perfect his tricks lol

The blind pass, the snake bite signature move, the way he took freekicks, the ball joggling. I live breathe and ate ronaldinho

If any footballer would have made me run mad, it would have been Gaucho

Liked him so much I personally composed a song for him

He is the reason, I am a Cule.

13 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by tillaman(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2020
Barcelona since the days of kluvert

2 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by JeffreyD1(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2020
In 2007 I wanted to be a die hard Chelsea fans, but then drogba was at Chelsea then and I hate the guy after he scored Nigeria in that nation cup offside goal e pain me eeh

I then switched to United

Since then I've been Man Utd fans till now

11 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 06, 2020
When I saw Beckham and ruud van nesterooy

7 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by GeoandSonsHub: 7:16am On Jul 06, 2020
As a young chap, any club i use in PlayStation then was my favourite club and I only use 2. Madrid and Man Utd.

Though I never watched man Utd then.

At first was Madrid, cos of Ronaldo delima Speed 19, R. Carlos spd and SHOT 19, Zidane Figo and Beckham spd 18 etc.

Anytime they played on TV, especially champions league. I'm always awed, I remembered their BATTLES Against Juventus, then juve always pipe dem each time. Especially when Ronaldo delima got a red card, i cried that evening.

While in Secondary, I had this friend who lives near a viewing center, every Monday, he always talks about the exploits of C Ronaldo and Man Utd during the weekend. Then one day I watched C.ronaldo and Man Utd, I was glued.

I was over the moon, when he joined R.Madrid. I was able to recoup my money my brother had eaten from me from pS1 soccer bet, in ps2 and ps3. He paid tire grin

Cc ugaboy longlive

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Zaheertyler(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2020
joshuaidibia:

Arsenal 2004, I chose them for no good reason, maybe because my senior bro was and still is an Arsenal fan. Why I'm still supporting them will forever remain a mystery to me. Probably because Arsenal fans are known to be die hard, unlike Chelsea and Man Utd.
Same condition ooo
My senior brother made me an arsenal fan
Some days i tell myself im done...but after 3 days i go back i tire oo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by shigo20(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2020
Nazgul:
2003 Manchester United. I was in ss3 then
Same year i started supporting Man Utd, though i was in pry6 then

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2020
Playing football as a teenager in the streets of Ibusa, we used to bear players name. Initially I was known as El Hadji Diouf but then switched to David Beckham. my elder brother was known as Thierry Henry. So when Beckham made the switch to Real Madrid, I followed him there and have remained ever since. I had the temptations of jumping ship after we were repeatedly knocked out in the round of 16 in UCL until Messiah Mourinho came. Now look at where we are grin perseverance and patience pays. I'm tired of champions league, I need La liga grin sorry if my write up was a bit long. I enjoy expressing myself through writing than speaking. Gracias.

2 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by naijanaso: 7:17am On Jul 06, 2020
Enyimba FC. 2001. When they took both the Nigerian Premier League and Nigerian Super League. They have been my best club ever since then and they have shown great performance and dominance in the Nigerian Football. The best FC in Nigeria. Most successful FC in Nigeria.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 06, 2020
i was never a fan of football untill 2001. Thierry Henry made me pick interest in Arsenal.

2 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 06, 2020
2008 started supporting chelsea. Was still quite young then. Was a man u fan before i discovered that alex feeguson showed systemic racism to black players. Made me so angry back then...so i left the club for a club with a lot of black players.

9 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by majamajic(m): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2020
Manchester United 99
Till now , still a red Devil !

8 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Niwdog(m): 7:18am On Jul 06, 2020
Chelsea fan from 2007
The house I lived in back then with my aunt was filled with Chelsea fans so any day Chelsea won a match the noise in the house will be much so I had no option but to claim a Chelsea fan
Was in jss one then
No regret till now

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by just2endowed: 7:18am On Jul 06, 2020
Chelsea in 2002/2003 season. It was a great decision i made.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by saajus: 7:19am On Jul 06, 2020
Chelsea - 2003
Babayaro first attracted me, Mourinho solidified it when he took over.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 06, 2020
Nazgul:
2003 Manchester United. I was in ss3 then
You sabi jor. Who remembers that useless tiny highbury stadium? Once vierra trows two steps he covers the entire width, and those clashes between vierra, keane and scholes grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 06, 2020
As long as I can remember, I have always been a Chelsea fan.

My first time of hearing football clubs was a match between Manchester and Chelsea and my uncle being a Manchester fan, I told him that his team was gonna lose that day and they did lose to Chelsea so since that day I became a Chelsea fan. If you ask me which club I am supporting, na Chelsea oooo

This was in late 1990s so I am probably the first Chelsea fan in Nigeria albeit unknowingly.

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by bhella10: 7:21am On Jul 06, 2020
Kanu in Arsenal. Then the master himself Dennis Bergkamp. Tuale grin 1998
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by engela7(m): 7:21am On Jul 06, 2020
[b][/b] Chelsea since 2003 after Roman's takeover.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by manga5: 7:22am On Jul 06, 2020
Luis van gal brought me to Barca. I used to support Ajax in the days when Kanu and Finidi graced Holland. We only watched highlights on NTA(Rothmas of pall Mall European football). When Van Gaal signed with Barca, I switched allegiance to the Catalance (1998-date). I saw the reign of Madrid, how they dominated Spain to when power changed hands in 2005 with the arrival to Rjkaard that brought in a new era. I love Barca because of their tiki taka football. I had a little romance with Arsenal but I broke up in 2001 due to the madness Arsene Wenger grin.

Today Barca are are a shadow of themselves, maybe Xavi will bring in a new era( wishful thinking)

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

You Are 100% Coming To Chelsea Next Season - Mikel Obi Tells Victor Osimhen(vid) / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins His 2nd Player Of The Month Award In Saudi League (Pix) / Nigeria Vs Canada : (1 - 1) U-17 Women's World Cup On Saturday Sept-22-2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.