Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? (16346 Views)

Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? / Lebron James Says All Players In Liverpool Are His Favorite Football Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by leggybaba(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2020
[/b]Del piero[b]

[/b]I became a Juventus fan in the year 2005....back in secondary school... [b]
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by jumper524(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2020
started supporting Chelsea in 2006 during my js1 days.
there was this senior then who was a Chelsea fan whom I liked so much cos of his kindness.
himself and other seniors would argue all the time between Chelsea and arsenal, then arsenal was always bragging about having younger boys. the day I finally decided to support Chelsea was when our senior was competing on a game.
that Biro cover and battery head game that one would spin.
they spinned and Chelsea won.
went back home for holidays and saw Chelsea logo at the back of my dad's car the support increased.
till now the rest is history.

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by LORDKing001: 7:23am On Jul 06, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:
Awww, sweet memories.....2012 UCL finals, was still in sec school, Dad and my big cousins (man U fans) where having this heated argument as the boys where gloating and trash talking Chelsea....dad being the only Chelsea fan maintained his stance that the blues will win the match.

I still remember picking interest and also sympathising with my dad as those my cousins wouldn't let my old man be.

Fast forward to kickoff, I just saw the line up of both teams... So many blacks in the Chelsea team and I had a notebook (chemistry) that the coverpage had chelsea players on it. I just went to sit by my popsy, held his palm, He looked at my eyes and I smiled while rubbing my small palm in his ....then I just said the word...."Daddy! We ll win". His response portrayed fear...
"I di sure?"(are you sure?)... I smiled and said yes papa....

It was one hell of a match but I just had that confidence.....lol.. when the magic moment happened .....tears of joy streamed down my face as I watched my dad dancing .....He lifted and hugged me tightly ....that was one of the best memories I had of him. God bless and keep you NNa m...I love you with all I ve got.....Will continue to make you proud.

The only meeting between Chelsea and Manchester United was
In ucl final 2008... John Terry missed the penalty that could have won them d ucl. 2012 was Chelsea and Bayern' was decided by pk when Olic & schweinsteiger missed d kick

Juan mata missed too for Chelsea

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by bhella10: 7:23am On Jul 06, 2020
JeffreyD1:
In 2007 I wanted to be a die hard Chelsea fans, but then drogba was at Chelsea then and I hate the guy after he scored Nigeria in that nation cup offside goal e pain me eeh

I then switched to United

Since then I've been Man Utd fans till now
plastic

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by aribs(m): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2020
Arsenal 1998. Double winning year. The days of Overmars, Anelka, Viera, and Tony Adams. Later reinforced with the arrival of Kanu and Henry. The game they played was sleek with a physicality that has been unseen in current teams so far. The blood and thunder matches with Man United in those days were a joy to watch. Hopefully Arteta will bring back the glory days again. I am registered as a supporter and i plan to be a season ticket holder soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Bukden16(m): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2020
summary please.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by leggybaba(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2020
Del piero and Gigi Buffon.

I became a Juventus fan in the year 2005....back in secondary school...

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by UDUJ(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2020
Manchester United

I became a die hard Man U fan after the 1999 UEFA Champions league final when they defeated Bayern Munich by 2 goals to 1 to lift the champions league trophy. That year they won a treble: English premier league, English FA Cup and the UEFA Champions league.

That was the time Man U had great stars like Teddy Sheringham, Ole Gunner Solskjaer (the babyfaced assassin), Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, the Neville brothers, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Ryan Giggs,David Beckham and goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel.

Brings back tears of joy when ever I remember that match. I will always remain a die hard Man U fan

MAN U 4 LYF

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Vulcanheph(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2020
I think it was around 2005, i was in jss2 and it was during that time that john obi mikel signed for Chelsea, although i was still technically a kid i got a bit sentimental of the fact that Chelsea was the only top football club that had a Nigerian in it's team, and following the desire to always see mikel play, i started watching their games untill i became their biggest fan........another reason Chelsea won me over is because of the "talisman" known as DIDIER DROGBA

5 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Slimtuns(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2020
I think after 2006 World Cup... it was an unconditional choice tho but I fell in love with the skills of Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and Cristiano... GGMU

real men bleed red blood!
cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by psalmylee(m): 7:27am On Jul 06, 2020
Started supporting man utd since 2001..i was quite young back then..there was this connection I had with the colour,emblem,players and the club as a whole..man utd to me it's not just a football club ,its a religion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Wadosky(m): 7:28am On Jul 06, 2020
At that time celestine Babayaro was Chelsea fc left back and Kanu was with arsenal .l was torn between the two clubs but naturally gravitated towards Chelseas great team comprising of France world cup winners plus Zola.Couple of years later Abramovich took over and kinda catapulted us to the top.
I have never looked back since and will be part of me forever.
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by wolexy14(m): 7:28am On Jul 06, 2020
marc overmars carried me n popsy go arsenal 1998... den we had dish wey big like canoe.
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by omocalabar(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Femuel(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Ronaldinho made me fall in love with Barcelona in the uefa champions league final 04/05.. I even try to imitate his open teeth then when playing street soccer... Till date I'm still a catalonian come rain come sunshine

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by psalmylee(m): 7:30am On Jul 06, 2020
Can't imagine my life without man utd ..Glory Glory Glory Manchester utd

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Snowx: 7:30am On Jul 06, 2020
what have you gain supporting those clubs?

futile support

I seem not to understand why some Nigeria Epl fans wld be like if my club don't win this match I won't be happy as in you get some stipends whenever your club wins....I still font understand..
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Eaztzide: 7:31am On Jul 06, 2020
2007 (Rooney was my favorite then). I remembered when my mom bought me one blue short with Man United logo on it. I think that's where the love started from. I loved Manchester United but I also had side chicks (Arsenal and Liverpool) because I used to love the color red. But when I entered secondary school, I saw everyone supported only one team and I had to decide which to be loyal to. I chose the red part of Manchester and I've never regretted making that choice. Funny thing is that I'm the only Man United fan in my family, everyone is Chelsea, so my choice wasn't influenced by family or peer pressure and neither their winning history because that time, I didn't even know they used to win Premier League.

Glory Glory Manchester United

Manchester United all the way

6 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Anny505(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2020
My support for Manchester United started with my love for Ronaldo in the 2006 World Cup semifinals.

My dad being a stanch Manchester United fan really wanted Portugal to win just because of his love for Ronaldo. I was in primary 3 abi 4 dat time. Was always only hearing Ronaldo name, even had this Jersey with Anderson 8 on it. Dad already converted me to Manchester United. Small me, wetin I been know that time.

I never regretted my dad's decision of making me Manchester United fan against everyone else in the house who were Chelsea fans including Mum who always wanted to bribe me with goddy goddy.

My love for Manchester United escalated after the UEFA Champions League final against Chelsea.

5 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by jagorinho: 7:31am On Jul 06, 2020
year - 2003
club - inter milan
Reasons-
1. I hate moving with the crowd, Nigeria is a pro premiership country, I had to look for something different.
2. Acquisition of Obafemi Martins.
3. The beautiful away jersey of 2002/2003 season
4. when I checked inter Milan's Facebook page and they ended one of their articles with "Inter , not for everyone." that was a soothing piece of information for me because my friends always made jest of me for being the only one supporting Inter they have seen.
........Forza Nerazzuri...........#notforeveryone

4 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by ehardetola(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2020
2004.... Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Abusadiq01(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2020
Every Madrid fan was once a Chelsea fan, if wan to argue, wait lemme charge my phone!
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Ugaboy: 7:31am On Jul 06, 2020
joshjc:
I started supporting my beloved utd when I was in primary 2 (2003),
it was love at first site,since then I've loved my beloved United, i was captivated by the brilliant play and elengence of the team and the stars in the team, since then I've been with my uniter, even in good times and bad times
which of the united
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Bettyo4(f): 7:32am On Jul 06, 2020
Liverpool FC
YNWA

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Afrikween(f): 7:32am On Jul 06, 2020
I've been a Manchester United Fan for 20 Amazing Years.... it all started in 1999 when we started going to one of our church members house for house fellowship, the woman was a half cast but married to an Igbo man... so her children being born in England (fact) were all Man Utd supporters and I saw how much they loved the Team, whenever it's match day, the children (3 boys 1 girl) would wear the Jersey and we loved it...my sister and I became so in love with Manchester United ever since...

5 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by bluejeff(m): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2020
1999 when I was just 11. I remember reading all over the pages of newspapers that Manchester United had just won the treble. I thought, oh, this must be a great team with the fact that red was my favourite colour then. Started going to viewing centre to watch United play as far back as 2002/03.

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by rolams(m): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2020
I started with Bolton wonderers because of okocha in 2003 but switched back to Liverpool in 2005. I was in 200L then

The spirit wey follow Liverpool enter final that day no be here ooo!

3 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by lotasha(f): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2020
2008.man united....if u remember that UCL BTW Chelsea man u.
I just hated how Chelsea fans where being foolish before the match, then I supported arsenal with mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:34am On Jul 06, 2020
Didier Drogba. 2004

CHELSEA.....BLUESSSSSS all d way, rain or sunshine

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by sultan1014(m): 7:34am On Jul 06, 2020
Igwe Henry....
During Arsenal's invincibles season
COYG
Re: Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? by Afrikween(f): 7:35am On Jul 06, 2020
bluejeff:
1999 when I was just 11. I remember reading all over the pages of newspapers that Manchester United had just won the treble. I thought, oh, this must be a great team with the fact that red was my favourite colour then. Started going to viewing centre to watch United play as far back as 2002/03.

Me too... we got to know Man Utd the same year... Wow

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Players Celebrate 3-1 Win Over Defending Champions, Algeria (video) / Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Pep Guardiola Becomes Quickest Manager To 200 Premier League Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.