Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (97363 Views)

I Impregnated A Girl I Don't Love. Anyone In My Shoes? / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Xmuslim: 2:39am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:
write out the main reasons why you don't love her. Also write out her good side. Then look deeply into both. Don't forget to think future. Divorce isn't a sin if there is no other choice though
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by katyamizotta: 2:39am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

That's my cross I am carrying today, stuck in a loveless marriage.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?

From experience I can tell that you will ask this question every year until you release that girl from this loveless marriage.

From your story you do not have a seed to use to repair this marriage: you were in despair on your wedding day! Where do you start to repair that from?

Go read my story. I have lived this for 8 or 9 years. It doesn't get better grin grin

But if you decide to quit try this first. Find a grandma to dump the kid with for a few hours at the weekend and go to fun places. Try not to think of yourselves in a couple situation. Just go out as acquaintances who knows....perhaps there is a seed somewhere afterall

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by obowunmi(m): 2:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Toks2008:

I'm not talking about beauty and the beast. I'm talking about normal humans but nevertheless, your mum still coped. There is no perfect marriage so let's not deceive ourselves.

It is destructive and has a long-term negative impact on the children.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by obowunmi(m): 2:43am On Jul 07, 2020
Reading this thread is so sad, Nigerians truly believe that they can force, threaten, make and terrorize another human being to fall in love with them.

Move on.

Probably why domestic violence is so high.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Asapchris(m): 2:54am On Jul 07, 2020
Bro, if you want happiness in your marriage, then you have to put more effort and make her the woman you want....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Newboss(m): 3:00am On Jul 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

How did you start the toasting to get her into your bed and arms?

The same magic you worked to get her pregnant, use it again.

It is in you like peak!

The way some of you reason eh. Don't you know that guys have urges? You don't know that guys fūck prostitutes?

Sex and love are not related.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Newboss(m): 3:08am On Jul 07, 2020
ImaIma1:
I guess sex happened or she just fell pregnant.

If not, why get intimate with someone you can't seem to stand.

Sex, sex, and sex. Guys don't fūck for love or romance. How hard is that to understand? A guy can pay or brainwash a girl to get laid.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by vickydevoka(m): 3:11am On Jul 07, 2020
katyamizotta:

From experience I can tell that you will ask this question every year until you release that girl from this loveless marriage.

From your story you do not have a seed to use to repair this marriage: you were in despair on your wedding day! Where do you start to repair that from?

Go read my story. I have lived this for 8 or 9 years. It doesn't get better grin grin

But if you decide to quit try this first. Find a grandma to dump the kid with for a few hours at the weekend and go to fun places. Try not to think of yourselves in a couple situation. Just go out as acquaintances who knows....perhaps there is a seed somewhere afterall

How sure are u de lady will release de child. Especially if na Igbo gal. My guy way give Igbo gal belle reach today him never see Dr pikin
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by omhor(f): 3:14am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?

Why did you get her pregnant when you know you don't love her??
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ibuchukwuumah(m): 3:40am On Jul 07, 2020
telling her you love her in the first place was not a good idea, when you know deep inside you,you don't want or need her
you just wanna useless her.
but your plan and God's plan is not thesame enjoy your marriage bro
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Daroldigits: 3:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Young man, you don't love her but you had sex with her? Nonsense 101. Then she's not the kind of a woman you want, nonsense 102. Young man why don't you use your strength to build her weakness or do you think you're far better than those in the grave? Do you think you're perfect? Listen, you can't get what you want in life if you don't work for it. Help her, encourage her, protect her weakness not you coming to social media and begin to say trash about her. The day you wanted to sleep with her, who did you call on here? Young man, a wise man protect the weakness of his partner. Help her to be who you want not you condemning her please. God bless you
ollins:

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by armyofone(m): 3:56am On Jul 07, 2020
grin grin grin @ terrible and erections grin

bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

It is in you like peak!
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Candoit: 4:07am On Jul 07, 2020
So, now you want us to give you a license for divorce?

No.

Marriage is for better for worse and till death do you part.

I don't pity people like you one bit. When you were with her, she was all wonderful and the perfect one. Now, it's marriage, you're suddenly finding faults.

Receive grace to enjoy your marriage.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Candoit: 4:14am On Jul 07, 2020
rigarmortis:

an erect dikc has no conscience.

secondly, do you know what the head of the dikc is very soft?,,,,,simple. its because inside the head of the dikc, there is no brain, not a single brain cell.

Are you then saying it's OK to say you have no brain since you are ruled by the "dikc"?
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Gkemz: 4:14am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:

The child should unite both of you together and let that first love be rekindled back. Though you didn't tell us how it started before you got her pregnant, but my question is what were you thinking when you had sex with her without protection knowing that you could get her pregnant when you have no plan of future with her.?
My second question is didn't you observe she's loquacious and uneducated when you were penetrating.?
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Btruth: 4:22am On Jul 07, 2020
If you can't marry her, don't bang her.

Good luck.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by coolcare(m): 4:35am On Jul 07, 2020
I am in something similar but i try to know her better, take her for who she is an learn to love and is working.

Did you guys fight? If not my brother there is no perfect home, all of this people you see their pictures on Facebook and you think things are rossy na fake. Under their roof is hukhugan vs undertaker.

Find one thing that exciting in the relationship which definitely there is and nature it. The devil � you know us better than angel you don't know.

LEARN TO LOVE, DONT BE SELF CENTER.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by coolcare(m): 4:37am On Jul 07, 2020
Ameeeeeeeeeeen grin grin

Candoit:
So, now you want us to give you a license for divorce?

No.

Marriage is for better for worse and till death do you part.

I don't pity people like you one bit. When you were with her, she was all wonderful and the perfect one. Now, it's marriage, you're suddenly finding faults.

Receive grace to enjoy your marriage.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by HIbreed(m): 4:45am On Jul 07, 2020
sylve11:
You're in for a long thing.
In the hay days when you're telling her you loved her just to spread her like bedsheet on top a sheet, so you're telling lies, isn't it? sad

I will not say much because If you nor know how song take start make you no go hurry dance put, before you go dance GARALA inside ASONTO.... cool
nonsense.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:48am On Jul 07, 2020
I nearly made same mistake, had a flinch with this loudy troublesome fellow , she got preg and hided it for me for 7mnths so I won't tell her to abort it, ask me how she managed to hide it, she stop showing up uninvited to my place as before, immediately the preg reach 7mnths she started disturbing, we went for scan it's a month ahead of my own calculation, I decided to keep cool , I kept her in my rented flat to stay there instead of living with me, her mother forced me into doing some rites against my wish or informing family members, well I do so peace will reign, even in her preg she tried to fought me twice because she said she need sex and am not giving her as she wanted it, fast forward to labour day, all the 10k I gave her every week for check , my heaven she managed to go twice the rest she pocketed the money, 4 days hard labour, to make the matter worst I gave her money to register at good hospital but she ate the money and registered at local maternity, now e don red , the person in charge of the maternity don't knw what to do next , after trying unsuccessfully in the labour room, the baby refused to come out , she then said oga carry her find another place oooo nah operation straight, we went to couple of hospitals the refuses to take her in, because the baby's head is already out but the body can't pass through because the baby died days ago in the stomach, but the 4th hospital took her in but the bill is crazy, anyway wetin local man go do nah my prick cause am , all I want is for her to live even if it's going to cost me the last Kobo in my account, if u dey do with ngwa girl omo u are in for it, before u knw it her brothers has cycled around the hospital with dangerous weapon waiting for their sister to die, I had to transfer money to the hospital acc so the emergency c&s will commence, i even donate my blood oo, the doc insist I must be in the operation room so I won't run away if anything happens, I dey there dey follow bring things , thank God the operation was successful, I had to call my Army friend to come with his troops too move me because if I dare step outside my name nah sorry, I dropped some cash with her mom to take care of her , 2 months after the incidents she start coming again , she needed sex , my prick nah E-diot I do small but I pull it out and put condom after small sense enter me, this is 3yrs the thing happened, she chatted me up few weeks ago that she will kill herself that nobody is looking her way , any man that come to her and want to marry always ran after they find out she don born before, but I guess nah her troublesome wayward lifestyle they drove them away,

Moral lesson

if u don't love her please use condoms Maka uta

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by HIbreed(m): 4:53am On Jul 07, 2020
veave:
You mustn't stay married to anyone you're not in love with. It is still early to set her free, set yourself free as well for your sound mind. If you stay there, both of you will live in frustration and I bet you don't want to build a home in disarray.
Initially she would cry and lament but trust me she'd get someone else to love her properly and so would you.
No one is coming to this world twice, this one you're sure of, yank off any and everything that would cause you discomfort. You don't want to wake up one day in your 50s or 70s full of regrets and what ifs.

Please make sure to maintain civility while at it.
Thanks.
Best Answer!
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Chigold101(m): 5:04am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:

please continue to enjoy your cross.
The pressure from the family to marry her drove you into the marriage just as the pressure to fuc.k her drove you into putting her in the family way.
Please stop making life miserable for the young lady, you are the one why tried to destroy her future.

My final advise to you is this...
Marriage is not about marrying who you love, but loving who you marry.

Turn your marriage around and stop living in utopia

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by AnanseK(m): 5:05am On Jul 07, 2020
baby124:

Did he tell you he met his wife on the side of the road? If she’s an Ashewo then so is he and they should stay together and make their marriage work. Who understands and Ashawo better than her customer and Vice versa?

What’s the difference with Ashewo? This was not rape. It was a consensual sex outside marriage and perhaps some money has changed hands before or after. Same as Ashewo. No difference.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by opribo(m): 5:06am On Jul 07, 2020
My friend this is your wife you married. Go and find everyway to make it work.

There must be something good about her. Work on it.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by seyigiggle: 5:06am On Jul 07, 2020
All the ladies I ever dated had the chance of being my wife.
Nibe every under skirt you go fling with.
Haba! You guys should try and get choice now.

Anyways, you know what to do.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Chigold101(m): 5:11am On Jul 07, 2020
veave:
You mustn't stay married to anyone you're not in love with. It is still early to set her free, set yourself free as well for your sound mind. If you stay there, both of you will live in frustration and I bet you don't want to build a home in disarray.
Initially she would cry and lament but trust me she'd get someone else to love her properly and so would you.
No one is coming to this world twice, this one you're sure of, yank off any and everything that would cause you discomfort. You don't want to wake up one day in your 50s or 70s full of regrets and what ifs.

Please make sure to maintain civility while at it.
Thanks.
selfishness in the highest order.
Note: the op didn't complain of any wrong doing from the lady, therefore the marriage looks loveless because this guy made it so.
Marriage in reality is not about marrying who you love but about loving who you marry.
This guy should stop chasing shadow and sit his ass down and build his home with his wife
It might be easier for him to move on, but it won't be easy for the lady. When this guy's dic.k was telling him to fuc.k the lady, where was love then?

Let me tell you: people who enjoy their marriage do so because they decided to make it so, it's not because of any kind of special love.

OP, go home and build your marriage, show that lady love and stop crying for nothing. You want to mess the young woman's life.
E no go work for you.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by captainjacksparrow(m): 5:13am On Jul 07, 2020
Well i had to log in after many years cuz of this post. I believe since u brought this you meant well for all parties involve, if you grew up in a family with dad and mum while do you want to deprive ur lovly child what u enjoyed,try loving your wife thru your child. Look at your child and imagine the beauty that GOD made both of you bring to this world. If she never luved u she would never have risked her life to give u a child, the answer u seek lies within you. A bird at hand is worth more than a thousand in the bush. Onelove
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Chigold101(m): 5:16am On Jul 07, 2020
ELKHALIFAISIS:
I nearly made same mistake, had a flinch with this loudy troublesome fellow , she got preg and hided it for me for 7mnths so I won't tell her to abort it, ask me how she managed to hide it, she stop showing up uninvited to my place as before, immediately the preg reach 7mnths she started disturbing, we went for scan it's a month ahead of my own calculation, I decided to keep cool , I kept her in my rented flat to stay there instead of living with me, her mother forced me into doing some rites against my wish or informing family members, well I do so peace will reign, even in her preg she tried to fought me twice because she said she need sex and am not giving her as she wanted it, fast forward to labour day, all the 10k I gave her every week for check , my heaven she managed to go twice the rest she pocketed the money, 4 days hard labour, to make the matter worst I gave her money to register at good hospital but she ate the money and registered at local maternity, now e don red , the person in charge of the maternity don't knw what to do next , after trying unsuccessfully in the labour room, the baby refused to come out , she then said oga carry her find another place oooo nah operation straight, we went to couple of hospitals the refuses to take her in, because the baby's head is already out but the body can't pass through because the baby died days ago in the stomach, but the 4th hospital took her in but the bill is crazy, anyway wetin local man go do nah my prick cause am , all I want is for her to live even if it's going to cost me the last Kobo in my account, if u dey do with ngwa girl omo u are in for it, before u knw it her brothers has cycled around the hospital with dangerous weapon waiting for their sister to die, I had to transfer money to the hospital acc so the emergency c&s will commence, i even donate my blood oo, the doc insist I must be in the operation room so I won't run away if anything happens, I dey there dey follow bring things , thank God the operation was successful, I had to call my Army friend to come with his troops too move me because if I dare step outside my name nah sorry, I dropped some cash with her mom to take care of her , 2 months after the incidents she start coming again , she needed sex , my prick nah E-diot I do small but I pull it out and put condom after small sense enter me, this is 3yrs the thing happened, she chatted me up few weeks ago that she will kill herself that nobody is looking her way , any man that come to her and want to marry always ran after they find out she don born before, but I guess nah her troublesome wayward lifestyle they drove them away,

Moral lesson

if u don't love her please use condoms Maka uta
Bros, did the OP say this lady is troublesome?
Did the OP say this lady is trying to fight him?
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by LordOfTheGame: 5:16am On Jul 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

It is in you like peak!

See finishing grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ThinkFreely: 5:19am On Jul 07, 2020
HembaqMbk:
Bible says "Love your wife". It is a commandment. So just love her. It is the only way to cope.
Please shut up.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by baby124: 5:20am On Jul 07, 2020
AnanseK:

What’s the difference with Ashewo? This was not rape. It was a consensual sex outside marriage and perhaps some money has changed hands before or after. Same as Ashewo. No difference.
Both of them are Ashewo, they should work on their marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.