Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (97199 Views)

I Impregnated A Girl I Don't Love. Anyone In My Shoes? / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by KennyRohn(m): 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
Fiction.....
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by kinzd(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
Which heaven is this one talking about? oh i remember "hell knows no fury like the heart of the woman
donbachi:
I rather marry 10 times,than die in one..their is no coping in hell,no amendments,no repentance...u just stay there and burn.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by baby124: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
AnanseK:

Women will never understand men. They always confuse sex with love; the two are different.
Women also do have sex with men they don’t love. That’s not unique to men alone, but women get judged. They mostly do it secretly though. On both sides this has to do with your state of mind/morals. However be ready for the consequences when you make that decision. To his wife he may not even be her cutest catch but maybe the one that offers her escape from poverty grin. The girl is probably the smartest in this whole thing because she got her desired outcome, while he’s bitter because his fraudulent act backfired.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nmezor(f): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
Learn to love her OP or let her go...its ur choice to mk finally

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by madjune(m): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
Go and make money.

You will love yourself first, and she would love you and your money doubly.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by oodua1stson: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

That's my cross I am carrying today, stuck in a loveless marriage.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?
you're a man and you don't have to force yourself into what you don't like. Did your balls drop off? If you can't take it then divorce her and let her go.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by saajus: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Have both of you given up on the marriage? You've not had intimacy with each other for over 6 months, has she ever complained or both you just effed it.

Can you try and show her love for 3 months? Even, if it is fake. Maybe that act can change her and she might start changing to becoming who you want. While she's changing, the love you're faking may become real.

If both of you have given up, it's difficult to redeem the marriage. Don't waste any more time because of what people will say. She needs to be happy and you need to be happy too. But, remember there is no perfect marriage even if you marry the one that makes your heart go jigbi jigbi. There will be some times that the sharking love will reduce but commitment is what always sail husband and wife through those times.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by oodua1stson: 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
sylve11:
You're in for a long thing.
In the hay days when you're telling her you loved her just to spread her like bedsheet on top a sheet, so you're telling lies, isn't it? sad

I will not say much because If you nor know how song take start make you no go hurry dance put, before you go dance GARALA inside ASONTO.... cool
you make absolutely zero sense
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by oodua1stson: 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
GodShowmemercy:
Start wooing her again
wura no grin
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by jaxxy(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?

U must be a very patient man and love to purnished urself unnecessarily and for no productive reason.

Firstly it is very wrong to marry a gal u don’t love just because u got her pregnant unless Ure doing it to cover her shame and already fixed ur divorce date b4 the marriage.

Marriage is not a pity or by force thing. The pregnancy is not ur fault bt also the gals so u can’t be the one to bare the brunt while she gets free husband. No!!!!

Now if there are chance of loving her based on any little reasons or nature u see in her pls do try and build on them and nurture love.

Bt if she is a total opposite of what u desire better leave that loveless sham of a marriage at once.

Marriage is not ment to be a bondage!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
Bola146:
See why it's very risky to be flirting with someone you don't love, I just pity the lady. Na your cross be that, you know what is best for you
No be only cross, na Freekick undecided

Divorce straight!!!
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by beejay85: 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
gudvibz:
Try and get to know her, try understanding her and get all to her. Both of u need to sit down and talk about you (both) and ur likes and dislikes, virtually about everything, if nothing changes well separation or u bear it till the end.

You know love is grown
Hmnnn, any marital issue that cant be solved during d last lockdown .....with d opportunities it presents.....presence,bond,ability to talk to each other heart to heart.....
I put it to the Op he is the problem here....so deal with it as a man.....if u think u ll see much advocate for divorce here,u are in for a long thing...
u never stated u made any effort to make the union work...all we hear is her lows...loquacious ness bla bla bla....
our wives too are loquacious....so manage urs!
to thy tent Oh Isreal!!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by sheyitokz(m): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
when u carry your stupid long prick dey fvck the babe shey she carry her pant block ur eye...NO
uno like am!! nd u carry belle give am muntula na ur lifetime cross be dat bross chop life go
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ZooOga: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
>>The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other.

mr op, can u afford a 2nd wife? smiley

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Tomide007: 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
gudvibz:
Try and get to know her, try understanding her and get all to her. Both of u need to sit down and talk about you (both) and ur likes and dislikes, virtually about everything, if nothing changes well separation or u bear it till the end.

You know love is grown
Men don't behave like women ooo.....If you don't like a woman, forget it, there's nothing she can do that can make sense.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Edojoma(m): 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
sylve11:
You're in for a long thing.
In the hay days when you're telling her you loved her just to spread her like bedsheet on top a sheet, so you're telling lies, isn't it? sad

I will not say much because If you nor know how song take start make you no go hurry dance put, before you go dance GARALA inside ASONTO.... cool

My biggest motivation right now na d lines wen u drop
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmaitive:
Oga you must carry your cross oo
Carry your Freekick undecided
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Lzjinspired(m): 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
Well, The Only Reason You Think You Dont Love Her Is Because You've Resignated Not To. You Can Love Her, You're Just Not Willing Yet.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by xeros20(m): 11:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

Try to make her the woman you want, you can reshape her don't give up, don't regret or feel guilt. Take it upon yourself that u can transform her to the dream wife.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by obowunmi(m): 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

Life is too SHORT to live like this. Move on from her.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by greatbrian(m): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

How did you start the toasting to get her into your bed and arms?

The same magic you worked to get her pregnant, use it again.

It is in you like peak!

Lolzzz. I can't even laugh more reading this. More reason I will keep my snake inside the zipper
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Make it work. Good luck.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by cococandy(f): 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
Asadujames202:

Ho(e) talk

99% of Nigerian girls are Asha(w)o

Including ya

I know wink
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
I think you need to change your mindset on your wife and begin to see the good in her ie those things that attracted you to her.
You also need to work on yourself to create a loving atmosphere for peace in your home that will enable the good in her to surface.
If you think she talks too much, discuss it with her and let her see it as her weak pont and may make a change.
To me, not having a formal education does not mean that you are married to a stupid woman, she still has what it takes to be a good wife and mother. I remember that my mother never had a formal education but believe me if I see a woman like her I will marry her 10 times.
I had wondered why daughters of most rich people are beautiful and attractive, the truth is money brings out the beauty in every woman.
so, if you think she is not attractive, discuss it with her and provide money according to your means.
Try not to compare her to the wife of your friends or the Omotola that you see on Nollywood, remember that most of those educated and very beautiful women never made good wife, not all that glitters are gold.
See your marriage as a commitment or project that you have the responsibility to make it work.
Do not think that divorce and remarry is the cheapest way out, you may divorce her and go into the worst marriage.
ABOVE ALL TRY TO LOVE HER AND PROVE IT TO HER.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Mompha20: 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
bro u have to live with her.. na person de change person... if its in u then u can Change her and re shape her in a way u want
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by goldmatrix(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
...this could lead to depression and suicide. You are heading towards having other kids outside your wife but you will have so much pressure from all front you wish you didn't start. You will have to love her the way she's but if you can't then you people should share the grace before you mistake her for a snipper guinea pig...
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by TheSourcerer: 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

go for an open relationship , you both ,
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by chukemmang(m): 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nonsense, when you were enjoying the kitten and pouring inside, you didn't know you didn't love her? You didn't know she wasn't well educated when you were basking in the euphoria of her kitten?

You better divorce her before we hear in the news that you killed her and killed yourself or we hear that she has cut your penis. People with working brains will be acting as if they tied them rope in unhappy marriages. Later they will end up killing each other.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nmezor:
Learn to love her OP or let her go...its ur choice to mk finally
The BEST and most concise advice.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by 9ja083: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
From all u said, the major reason why u dislike her is because of her poor education background and behavior.
Why not employ a teacher to be teaching her etiquette and all necessary things. U will love her i promise.
From all u said, she's good just that she's not educated and have poor etiquette. This reminds me of the movie called world apart.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Se13Media(m): 11:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
There is nothing holding you back bro. Your peace is more important than staying in a loveless marriage.

Click on my profile to join this amazing Whatsapp TV

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! / Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.