Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? (41511 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Scared Of Marrying Owerri Girls (picture)? / Why Are Guys Scared Of Approaching Soldier Girls? - Airwoman / please people should Be Marrying Ladies From The South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Gerrard59(m): 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
poweredcom:

Yes na as long as there is no solid source of income and if the guy is not from a wealthy home omo na Yahoo

Na gals own worst pass any lady you see that have a posh ride omo forget her na one sugar daddy buy am for am

That is why our actresses in Nollywood especially bthe newer ones de quick build house and buy car and their male counterpart nno de even see the light like that

Power of obo

So there are no ladies who work in reputable organisations and manage thriving businesses that can comfortably afford posh cars as spinsters? shocked

The kind of reasoning from some males is appalling and maybe that's one of the reasons behind the toxic brand of feminism in the country.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Gerrard59(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
My experience with (two) chics with cars back then wasnt palatable. I didnt have a car then. By the time I dated a third I had to make some rules like not accepting lifts except you have to, dont drive her car.. ever. I noticed however that when you have your own car , their gra graa is reduced

It's hypergamy, no harm feelings. I'm amused when Nigerian males don't factor that aspect of women in discussions about relationships and marriage.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Gerrard59(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
AntiWailer:
Marry from your class.

You can't marry a girl that is driving a car and u expect her to think the way u think when u sit inside commercial Bus.

So when the car has issues and the two of you need to go out, u will still claim u cnt afford Uber or Bolt that she should be understanding.

See Bro, Marry from your class to avoid stories that touch. It should not even be up for debates.

When you marry from your class all the nonsense you need to feed your Ego is readily available. Cont come and stress another person's daughter.

It is that simple.

Thank you o. The reasoning here get as e be.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Jaqenhghar: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gerrard59:

It's hypergamy, no harm feelings. I'm amused when Nigerian males don't factor that aspect of women in discussions about relationships and marriage.
Mtcheeew hypergamy( had to look it up). Is that what you think? LOL. So having a car automatically means you are above someone socially. Thats the shithole reasoning you people propagate in that dump of a country. Actually its the person who has been marinated in poverty that feels that owning a car automatically gives him status. Money cant buy classmy friend

2 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Gerrard59(m): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Thank you my sister. My car is a sedan, but I swapped with my mum’s SUV, since she prefers a sedan. I had people approach me, with or without cars. The stares in traffic on my way home from work were even embarrassing. Driving was just easier for me- a necessity, it wasn’t a status symbol. I took a break from driving for health reasons and now I just want someone’s son to drive me, while I press my phone and massage his laps.grin

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Gerrard59(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Mtcheeew hypergamy( had to look it up). Is that what you think? LOL. So having a car automatically means you are above someone socially. Thats the shithole reasoning you people propagate in that dump of a country. Actually its the person who has been marinated in poverty that feels that owning a car automatically gives him status. Money cant buy classmy friend

Nigeria has the highest number of poor people in the world so driving a car no matter how old is social symbol. So it shouldn't be surprising, the citizens are poor.

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Jaqenhghar: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gerrard59:

Nigeria has the highest number of poor people in the world so driving a car no matter how old is social symbol. So it shouldn't be surprising, the citizens are poor.

That's BS. I have been to countries where the poverty is worse than Naija. Their rich people dont behave that way. The problem is we worship money to the extent that we see money as more important than even things like good health. Citizens are poor doesnt mean you have to lower yourself before people with cars or money. It was one of the things I was taught growing up. No matter how poor you are you are still human. No one is better than you in any way, and unless you go begging, no one has a right to make you feel inferior.
Interestingly I never went out of my way to date girls with cars. It just happened. I noticed that those who were giving me headache were the ones from wretched backgrounds who always want to prove a point because of something as basic as owning a cars.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Deepthoughts: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
marvelck:
Back in the day, single ladies that own cars were usually advised not to flaunt their cars or let guys know they own a car, in order not to chase men away from marrying them.

Unmarried ladies that own cars then were tagged all sort of names. But a lot has changed since then. Most guys even prefer going after ladies that own cars and houses these days. And e get why �
To me owning the car or other properties was n is not the problem,the real issue is the source of the car or properties,are they legit n honourably? n the attitude of the lady,of course in Africa,no man that values his self worth would want to marry a lady that wouldn't respect him n accept some measure of his authority over her,I for one will never do that,if I have to be the head then I should truly be the head not just by name,for guys now rushing to marry ladies with such cars n properties,one of three scenarios always play out,1.The guy is already ahead of the lady,2 The guy was enticed n lured by the lady or 3 The guy intends to use the lady n dump her later, that is my submission, forget the stuff of "if there's love n trust" as a man one need to work hard n take control of his affairs simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by lamalama: 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
marvelck:
Back in the day, single ladies that own cars were usually advised not to flaunt their cars or let guys know they own a car, in order not to chase men away from marrying them.

Unmarried ladies that own cars then were tagged all sort of names. But a lot has changed since then. Most guys even prefer going after ladies that own cars and houses these days. And e get why �
sometimes I ashamed to be a Nigerian.cars that have been used and dumped in junkyards in Europe and exported to africa is what we are using to feel fly.so its when you have a car that you will be bold to walk to a girl.poverty affects the mind psychologically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by pocohantas(f): 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gerrard59:

Be like say you like that kind package. grin
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by poweredcom(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gerrard59:

So there are no ladies who work in reputable organisations and manage thriving businesses that can comfortably afford posh cars as spinsters? shocked

The kind of reasoning from some males is appalling and maybe that's one of the reasons behind the toxic brand of feminism in the country.

That is why I said unknown source of income. Ant you understand

You think say man na small pikin or wat

We know how these Nollywood actress do na ..na today abeg relax
Even if a lady works in a reputable organization if she don't sleep with the boss . That is of she got what Everyman want omo ladies will do that to get what they want abeg we Don see Dem plenty

The ones wey de go Dubai nkor come back launch ride

Yes there are ladies who work for theirs but their cars ain't as flashy ..abi you think say e easy to buy new car

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by lamalama: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2020
poweredcom:

That is why I said unknown source of income. Ant you understand

You think say man na small pikin or wat

We know how these Nollywood actress do na ..na today abeg relax
Even if a lady works in a reputable organization if she don't sleep with the boss . That is of she got what Everyman want omo ladies will do that to get what they want abeg we Don see Dem plenty

The ones wey de go Dubai nkor come back launch ride

Yes there are ladies who work for theirs but their cars ain't as flashy ..abi you think say e easy to buy new car
there are women who work legit and buy cars for themselves with their hard earned money undecided undecided undecided. are u saying a nurse or a banker will depend on a sugar daddy to buy a car for her? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by sonnie10: 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
Who remember that song
“a scrub is guy sitting at passenger side of his best friend’s ride , trying to hail at me”
This is to tell you guys that whether home or abroad, car gives prestige.
Girls expect you to own one, if not you are just another “scrub”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by lamalama: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gerrard59:

Nigerian men are not exposed.imagine someone saying women who have car must be doing prostitution.so a nurse or a female banker did prostuition to buy car.why is it some Nigerian men are so foolish and unexposed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Darevofpeace(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
And that one is bad?
That's was a sarcastic response nah.Howayu
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Yigalanshey(m): 8:15am On Jul 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

How much is it
4.5m negotiable
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by onpoint69(m): 10:17am On Jul 21, 2020
careytommy37:

It's obvious you will never meet a well to do babe
Hahaha
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by onpoint69(m): 10:32am On Jul 21, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
Lol. Okay make I go sell my car undecided

Noooo o
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Bennysam: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
many sir. Move out of ur street and see them in banks, parastatals, markets, govt agencies. You simply just sounded like a recluse
Oga go close to those girl you mentioned and see their mentality , forget
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Kryptonvinyl(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
sonnie10:

You can't control nothing without money. See let me tell you, marriage is different, you are both permanent residence in the same house, so no games, dodging of responsibility or attitude would give you any form of break.
There is nothing like acting matured when you are broke.
You just have to work harder and make money to avoid unnecessary embarrassment. Think about it, in the morning you wait outside for bus to go to work while your wife zooms off in a private car. Assuming you live in a one bedroom apartment, is that where she would be parking her benz?
There are things that would even happen and you question the rational of having a car in your household.
Say for a guy that earns #150k a month, and the wife spends 10k of her own money to fuel her car every month. That might even translate to the guys monthly saving. Is it not irrational spending for the household collectively from the guys perspective?
How does it even sound for someone who spends 10k on fuel for her car every week, to come and ask you for 5k for soup or stew money for the week?

I understand what you're saying. For a girl to stick with a broke guy, it means he has dreams and is working towards them.

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Kryptonvinyl(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
abbiboy:

U knw nothing.
pls enlighten me
SweetCunt97:
21 but you actually have sense.
Thanks
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by tammie24: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
simplepee:
Men who are scared of those kind of ladies are usually the ones that wants women to worship them. Run from them, they'll be very jealous of their wife's achievements.

They always want to take control, marriage go come turn competition, tufia.
spot on

Cos why wouldn't you want a partner that is resourceful, successful?

Na jealousy

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by sirtuler(m): 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
comshots:
Where she get money take buy car as a secretary who earns #30k per month?.
Besides,a lady who owns a car tend to be arrogant and disrespectful to elders.
Even the beautiful ones without a ride possess entitlement and ego mentality.The can manipulate you with their borehole that you will think they have not seen prickk since they were born.

It is pretty simple easy and simple as a lady to own a car even with 30k salary. I think is all about priority. Don't be surprise that the salary goes to servings every month and some the guys around pay for the tfare and feeding at work .
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by bukatyne(f): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
bukkysam:
Gone are the days when men still have shame. We are in shameless society now

So a man without a ride marrying a woman with one is shameless? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by bukatyne(f): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
sonnie10:
Man way never buy car want to go and marry a woman that already owns a car? That means her salary is probably higher than the supposed husbands.
How or what are you even going to use to trip such a woman ?

What happens if the woman's salary tripled in the cause of the marriage? The husband divorces her?
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by bukatyne(f): 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
uuzba:

My sister was doing a simple job and managed to buy one small Toyota.
At that time, her fiance (Now husband), was roaming the street looking for work with 3rd Class degree.
Guy no dey even near our house. Sister was just quiet and prayerful about everything.
Later, the guy threw away all his degree and used SSCE to join Helicopter pilot (Caverten). God save am. They took him. Small money enter him hand, he ran to buy V-Boot 2nd hand Benz.
Immediately he bought that one, he now proposed marriage. Na that time we come dey see him face for our house.
He's still a pilot anyway and has bought 2 other cars. As for my sister she too has bought 2 other cars.
They dashed and sold off the old ones. So they both each have 1 car now

Interesting.

I hope the husband doesn't see everything as a competition?
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by uuzba(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
bukatyne:

Interesting.

I hope the husband doesn't see everything as a competition?
No he doesn't.
They work in different directions, one turns left, the other turns right. So they can't even drive each other to work as they go different directions.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by sonnie10: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
bukatyne:

What happens if the woman's salary tripled in the cause of the marriage? The husband divorces her?
Before marriage and after marriage are two different animals
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Konquest: 12:17pm On Apr 25
marvelck:

Unmarried ladies that own cars then were tagged all sort of names. But a lot has changed since then. Most guys even prefer going after ladies that own cars and houses these days. And e get why
Bump.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Some Young Ladies Find Married Men More Attractive? / "Why Is Fornication Common Amongst Choir Members?" - Nigerian Lady / THE WOOING CHALLENGE [female Edition] *day 1*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.