Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? (41516 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Scared Of Marrying Owerri Girls (picture)? / Why Are Guys Scared Of Approaching Soldier Girls? - Airwoman / please people should Be Marrying Ladies From The South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by NnamdiN: 7:09am On Jul 20, 2020
mrkings84:

What's rht difference between the two work?
there's cryptocurrency and clitocurrency grin
Hardwork and softwork cheesy
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Romangalactic(m): 7:15am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Thank you my sister. My car is a sedan, but I swapped with my mum’s SUV, since she prefers a sedan. I had people approach me, with or without cars. The stares in traffic on my way home from work were even embarrassing. Driving was just easier for me- a necessity, it wasn’t a status symbol. I took a break from driving for health reasons and now I just want someone’s son to drive me, while I press my phone and massage his laps. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Romangalactic(m): 7:21am On Jul 20, 2020
lefulefu:
i think it will be wonderful if the time comes when owing a car in nigeria wont be regarded as a big deal
cos its embarasing riding a 1999 camry model or benz in nigeria and ppl will still be regarding u as a bigboy or a biggirl while in other climes using a prado jeep just fresh out of the factory is regarded as a normal thing.
Na so we see am. My lady friend in Canada who I visited last year just purchased a Lexus SUV 2020 model, on credits sef. No be say she be big girl, normal working woman.

Naija is casted.

3 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by smd837(m): 7:29am On Jul 20, 2020
90% of ladies are naturally wicked. When they now have car or other luxurious things the wickedness is automatically double. Trust me.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by pocohantas(f): 7:30am On Jul 20, 2020
simplepee:
Ok.

You did well. grin

lefulefu:
i think it will be wonderful if the time comes when owing a car in nigeria wont be regarded as a big deal
cos its embarasing riding a 1999 camry model or benz in nigeria and ppl will still be regarding u as a bigboy or a biggirl while in other climes using a prado jeep just fresh out of the factory is regarded as a normal thing.

Where is a brand new prado regarded as normal thing? This is the reason Nigerians are using boat to Europe. When they reach the abroad, they’ll discover a good number of the people there can’t even afford a lot and live on credit.

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2020
sonnie10:

You can't control nothing without money. See let me tell you, marriage is different, you are both permanent residence in the same house, so no games, dodging of responsibility or attitude would give you any form of break.
There is nothing like acting matured when you are broke.
You just have to work harder and make money to avoid unnecessary embarrassment. Think about it, in the morning you wait outside for bus to go to work while your wife zooms off in a private car. Assuming you live in a one bedroom apartment, is that where she would be parking her benz?
There are things that would even happen and you question the rational of having a car in your household.
Say for a guy that earns #150k a month, and the wife spends 10k of her own money to fuel her car every month. That might even translate to the guys monthly saving. Is it not irrational spending for the household collectively from the guys perspective?
How does it even sound for someone who spends 10k on fuel for her car every week, to come and ask you for 5k for soup or stew money for the week?

You guys should have a budget, and you both transfer money into the account that will used for the running of the house
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Darevofpeace(m): 7:42am On Jul 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
U see ur mentality? So na only ladies earning 30k u dey meet?
she could be an N.power staff actually
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Romangalactic(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

[s]Where is a brand new prado jeep regarded as normal thing? This is the reason Nigerians are using boat to Europe. When they reach the abroad, they’ll discover a good number of the people there can’t even afford a lot and live on credit.[/s]
You don't know what you don't know. It's a normal thing as long as you have good credit score and a job to service your loans. The problem is that many people don't have good credits cos they're always defaulting on payments. It takes years to build up good credits but most nigerians are impatient.

For anyone to live on credit means they were accessed as being able to pay back in the first place. You can't get a brand new car from factory if you don't already have a good credit history

5 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Gosamezu: 7:49am On Jul 20, 2020
Most of them do not have fear of God at heart. If they get to your house, they will never desist from what they were doing to buy cars and others before marriage. People are also not ready to mess them self's up. if I may ask, are they ready to marry??
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by UniqueQueen12(f): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2020
ClassicMan202:

grin grin grin grin

You want to propose na
. Na rubbish for a man to do that,talkmore of a lady. Kneel down my foot cheesy
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by UniqueQueen12(f): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2020
unscripted:
I go buy ooo, abei na give away ?
Yes, better give away grin
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Romangalactic(m): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2020
zmpp:

Poco has serious problem, I tell you. I have been a member of this forum for more than 14 years, but I have never seen someone who's more like a rainbow with seven colors than her. It has always been from one lie and controversy to another. Her problem is worse than narcissism. As you can see, she has changed the bragging story of buying an SUV with her money. She no longer bought it instead she gave her mother her sedan and took her SUV. Her lies continue.
Her mata taya me. She just saw a lady talk about owning SUV and then she rush to quote her just to form I belong. LIABETES is a sickness

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by UniqueQueen12(f): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2020
yommen:

Let me know when you sell. I'll add money so you buy another one.
Thank you, kindhearted fellow. No wahala we are capable to buy more tongue
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2020
is because no man want to marry another man
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Thank you my sister. My car is a sedan, but I swapped with my mum’s SUV, since she prefers a sedan. I had people approach me, with or without cars. The stares in traffic on my way home from work were even embarrassing. Driving was just easier for me- a necessity, it wasn’t a status symbol. I took a break from driving for health reasons and now I just want someone’s son to drive me, while I press my phone and massage his laps. grin

Wawu, So you stopped driving for health reasons?

But seriously car is a status symbol in Nigeria & we shouldn't deny it, maybe not for you sha.

If my girlfriend drives a car consistently, I will be forced to buy a car & I wouldn't even pretend that it's not intimidating. Not sure I will visit my in-laws without a car too, there is something called first impression, it's very necessary abeg.

E get as e be going with Lergidice Benz to go & ask for wife, nahh no fvcking way!

Yeah & also, there would never be a time where owning a car in Nigeria is not going to be considered as a big thing.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2020
Looool.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Bennysam: 8:04am On Jul 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
U see ur mentality? So na only ladies earning 30k u dey meet?
How many Nigeria woman do serious business or work?
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Romangalactic(m): 8:05am On Jul 20, 2020
truthsayer009:

But seriously car is a status symbol in Nigeria & we shouldn't deny it, maybe not for you sha.

If my girlfriend drives a car consistently, I will be forced to buy a car & I wouldn't even pretend that it's not intimating. Not sure I will visit my in-laws without a car too, there is something called first impression, it's very necessary abeg.

E get as e be going with Lergidice Benz to go & ask for wife, nahh no fvcking way!

Yeah & also, there would never be a time where owning a car in Nigeria is not going to be considered as a big thing.
Its not a status symbol for her because she has never bought a car with her money. As in, she count over 1m to buy motor? Mba, is borrow pose

2 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Oldoinyolengai(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2020
Pickieox:

Please, come down to my level, I don't understand this, maybe you should expantiate...
Marriage is a superficial union, it's useful only for rising kids.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by pocohantas(f): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2020
truthsayer009:

If my girlfriend drives a car consistently, I will be forced to buy a car & I wouldn't even pretend that it's not intimating. Not sure I will visit my in-laws without a car too, there is something called first impression, it's very necessary abeg.

It sure makes life easier and Nigerians would typically accord some respect to car owners, but then, most cars on Nigerian roads are just cars and not luxury (if you get what I mean).

Lmao! Please don’t take it that serious. Which one is you will be forced to buy a car? grin

The major reason cars are taken as big deal in Nigeria is because we do not have the earning capacity or system that makes such purchases easy. So most people will have to buy it cash. Which is a big deal... cheesy
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 20, 2020
lefulefu:

Well it's not embarrassing. Please NL people, correct me if I'm wrong. Buying a car from 2015 model requires that you pay 70% percent duty to customs.

So if you purchase a G-wagon for 30M. It means you would also pay duty of 21M. That's almost buying the car twice.

In Nigeria, it's crazy oh.

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Acode: 8:10am On Jul 20, 2020
marvelck:
Back in the day, single ladies that own cars were usually advised not to flaunt their cars or let guys know they own a car, in order not to chase men away from marrying them.

Unmarried ladies that own cars then were tagged all sort of names. But a lot has changed since then. Most guys even prefer going after ladies that own cars and houses these days. And e get why �

Our society has scammed us in the past
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by RealEzee(m): 8:11am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

grin u Sha want to relass and b taken Kaioff
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2020
Cause they will lack manners and respect angry
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2020
RealEzee:
Can you now see that this girl is crazy grin
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by pocohantas(f): 8:17am On Jul 20, 2020
RealEzee:

No lies... cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Iogobenz(m): 8:17am On Jul 20, 2020
lefulefu:
New landcruiser prado that can cost up to $60k normal thing where?
Since you go that your banana republic,you don see one quarter of that money? undecided
See em mouth like normal thing.
Even in the US,a lot of people in the upwards of 60% of the general population can't afford 60k or have that credit worthiness to get it from banks to save their lives,talk more of using it to finance a car.

2 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

This is it
If you're rich you will attract rich guys
If ya poor you gon attract poor guys grin
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by pocohantas(f): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2020
Iogobenz:
New landcruiser prado that can cost up to $60k normal thing where?
Even in the US,a lot of people in the upwards of 60% of the general population can't afford 60k or have that credit worthiness to get it from banks to save their lives,talk more of using it to finance a car.

My point exactly. Nowhere in the world is a brand new SUV a NORMAL THING!!!!
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2020
Yigalanshey:
Since we talking about cars

Lexus ES350 2010 for sale check my profile be a man for the ladies
How much is it
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 20, 2020
Yes na, so my babe will just come & be picking me up every time we are going out? At least once in a while go & pick her up too. E get as e be honestly.

It's not a competition but it's necessary for a man's confidence & if any man's says it's not, I'm pretty sure they are lying.

pocohantas:

It sure makes life easier and Nigerians would typically accord some respect to car owners, but then, most cars on Nigerian roads are just cars and not luxury (if you get what I mean).

Lmao! Please don’t take it that serious. Which one is you will be forced to buy a car? grin

This thing you called major reason, is a reason that will never change. it's a way of life for us & ingrained in our system. We are a cash driven society, Money rules.

It is a big deal & will always be.

pocohantas:

The major reason cars are taken as big deal in Nigeria is because we do not have the earning capacity or system that makes such purchases easy. So most people will have to buy it cash. Which is a big deal... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Marry Non-Virgins / Beautiful Pre-wedding Pictures Of 2 Lawyers / Single Lady Prays For Husband In 2018 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.