Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass (69036 Views)

Nigeria's 36 States & FCT Ranked In Order Of Land Mass: Photos / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Terms Of Progress, From Best To Worst (see Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by egbemaoguta(m): 9:29am On Jul 31, 2020
I have seen many people saying Niger alone bigger than the whole SE,the small SE the entire Nigeria can not defeat in Biafra war,SE is small but mighty such as Israel.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Ipayesco(m): 9:29am On Jul 31, 2020
Biodun556:
shocked

Joe Igbokwe

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3085172521531229&id=100001155348708
.This data you put up has ethnic and tribe colouration. If not so, who ask you to plus and minus ? Something must have been tamper with as a matter of fact the spirit of data has been tainted

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Janjaweedi(m): 9:31am On Jul 31, 2020
How big is Israel?
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 31, 2020
holocron:

The 'states' in the United States of America are actually independent countries that joined together to form a union. e.g Texas was an independent country before it decided to join the union.
Yesss.
United States is operating at the level of a CONTINENT

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by ello29(m): 9:33am On Jul 31, 2020
Talk about Education and their impact on our economy not about land mass please.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by olugabbie(m): 9:34am On Jul 31, 2020
inice:
grin
grin lol Dangote refinery is not your owns as well as many companies. The man can come tomorrow to lift his thing to his village.

The facility will remain in Lagos. He can either sell it or continue to do its business in Lagos. He will be given a special status here in Lagos.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Sleekfingers: 9:34am On Jul 31, 2020
ecolime:
Lagos

The smallest but also the most populated.

This is the reason why there is traffic congestion all year round.

FGN is not forward thinking at all, they should spread development to every state of the nation. Why neglect the seaports and airports of other regions? It just doesn't make sense.

you are absolutely correct....but the governors are too lazy. The federal government cannot do it alone...despite the huge allocations they are collecting... Without the allocation most states will collapse. Kano, ogun, lagos and lagos can do without the FG allocation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by flokii: 9:35am On Jul 31, 2020
Yorubas should better wake up before it's too late.. someone from far away SE made a post of South West States excluding Lagos and ya'll see nothing wrong in that? Please is Lagos in South East or is Lagos in Igboland??

Yoruba ronu o!
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by ello29(m): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2020
Talk about Education, Internal Revenue and their impact on our economy not about land mass please.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Problemkid1: 9:36am On Jul 31, 2020
iHart:
One state is bigger than the whole Biafra
One state is bigger than the whole of Oduduwa republic grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Edenken: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2020
This write up does not make any meaning to me. Land mass does not in any way translate to economic "mass". The economic power of Lagos alone which happens to be the smallest in land mass is greater than the economic strength of the entire north with so much empty land.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by kingsclass: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2020
holocron:

The 'states' in the United States of America are actually independent countries that joined together to form a union. e.g Texas was an independent country before it decided to join the union.
That's a naked lie.Read U S A history very well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by k2money(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Lemme see any idiot that'll tell me that Lagos is bigger than Imo Stae again...nonsense
land mast means not including sea side, if the sea is included delta, Lagos, Akwa Ibom cross rivers and some islands states will be bigger than this result.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by bluecircle470: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Lemme see any idiot that'll tell me that Lagos is bigger than Imo Stae again...nonsense

But no idiot will ever say the revenue of Lagos in 2 years cannot feed the generation of imolites for life
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Excuses: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

You've blown yourself too much na, the man in u can say this..but girl u claim should be other wise..
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by brainhgeek(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2020
I remember those days I travel from kebbi state to Lagos by car. Anytime I enter Niger , I feel like I have entered another continent and whenever I leave, I always felt like the journey has ended.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by tehilah92(f): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2020
So bayelsa is bigger than ABIA?
Ok oooo
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Psoul(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2020
Lamasta:
Land mass is one economic mass is another...

But Niger State is enough to stand as a country with a huge land mass grin

Lagos state has the least land mass but is enough to sponsor the whole Nigeria budget as small as it is the billions or trillions coming out from there will develop the whole land mass of all Nigeria if there is no corruption.

If the government is fair in distribution of infrastructures, Lagos IGP will drop so low.
Distribute the Sea Ports equitably
Distribute International Airports Equitably
Allow businesses have their Head Offices at the area the business is locally located.

When these are done, we will know the states that will do better than others.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by SavageBoy: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2020
I've always known Niger state to be the biggest state in Nigeria right from time...

Irrespective of these,do you know that all the 36 states in Nigeria isn't still as big as Alaska.

Alaska,the biggest state in the United States is bigger than the whole Nigeria as a country...

In fact if it were possible to put the whole Nigeria in Alaska,you would still get about 799569km² space left which is still like more than half the land mass of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by 4four(m): 9:45am On Jul 31, 2020
And as big as entire northern big reach so their problems big reach worst part of it is that they are using their personal problems to hold back entire sourthern part progress
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Dmano: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2020
And yet Fulani herd men are still fighting for the small land mass down south,what a paradox
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by flokii: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2020
Lekan239:
Oyo state has the same Land mass with the entire Igbo state

That is a Fact we keep telling them.. yet they can't stay back and develop their tiny region, all they do is run away in their millions to South West, North and other places.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by vickydankal(f): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2020
EVILFOREST:

The entire NIGERIAN Nation which you claim is BIG is SMALL my Brother.
CALIFORNIA State in the United states is Half the size of the entire Nigerian Federation.

TEXAS is 2/3rd the size of the entire Nigeria.
ALASKA is bigger than Nigeria+Benin+Togo+Ghana all put together.
These are just 3 STATES ooooo
Yet our Population in Nigeria is chasing that of the United States with the speed of Light.
That's the only DEVELOPMENT we are good at grin grin grin grin

No doubt the entire SOUTHEAST is small but it's 2 times bigger than Jamaica. grin grin.
QUESTION of the DAY:
Now if it's really small, why does the Nigerian Government find it difficult ceding such a small portion to self actualisation with territorial integrity, if they could easily cede a small Bakassi..?

Nna eji okwu
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by golddare: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2020
Biodun556:
shocked

Joe Igbokwe

I am not from Niger Delta but as small as it is in land mass it has been carrying 90% of the expenses of the whole country. Nobody should form about land mass if your "colony" contributes nada to the federal purse. Some will claim they contribute but by the time you deduct what they give to what they get it's still nada.

Until we restructure and practice true federalism before a state like Niger will start to take advantage of their landmass then the SE industrialisation potentials will make them the China of Africa.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by golddare: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2020
Biodun556:
shocked

Joe Igbokwe

I am not from Niger Delta but as small as it is in land mass it has been carrying 90% of the expenses of the whole country. Nobody should form about land mass if your "colony" contributes nada to the federal purse. Some will claim they contribute but by the time you deduct what they give to what they get it's still nada.

Until we restructure and practice true federalism before a state like Niger will start to take advantage of their landmass then the SE industrialisation potentials will make them the China of Africa, nobody even talk of land mass anymore unless in the subject of geography.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by 27Pushing30: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

Unfortunately land mass is not one of determinants in actualization of a country. The bolded is a misconception of elementary level. Lagos will collapse if Nigeria disintegrates.

Kindly elucidate

Many thanks
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by vickydankal(f): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2020
bluecircle470:

But no idiot will ever say the revenue of Lagos in 2 years cannot feed the generation of imolites for life

Don’t forget the people generating what you are making mouth are majorly not LAGOSIANS by tribe I mean.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Farki: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2020
Masterkernel1:

So... It's just Epe roads that made Lagos viable? From 1999 till now, it's only roads that has made Lagos economic capital of Nigeria?

You can see you're the with bags of nonsense.

You asked what roads Lagos has built that weren't done by the FG, I answered you and now you're talking another thing.

The plan was to build another airport and develop real estate in that area as well as bring in jobs from the new refinery being built how are they going to do that in a densely populated area like Lagos without roads?
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2020
[s]
Dedetwo:

Unfortunately land mass is not one of determinants in actualization of a country. The bolded is a misconception of elementary level. Lagos will collapse if Nigeria disintegrates.

[/s]

But Anambra won't collapse?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by TimCook: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2020
flokii:
Yorubas should better wake up before it's too late.. someone from far away SE made a post of South West States excluding Lagos and ya'll see nothing wrong in that? Please is Lagos in South East or is Lagos in Igboland??

Yoruba ronu o!

Chill bro, all those stuffs they say are only possible online and is different from what's happening in reality. You should know igbo people by now, na their way. I have direct cousins who are igbos, I travel there frequently and I can tell you, they aain't shit. When Secession happens, they will know their place. Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it. It happened in the past and it will happen in this decade.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Rolexjerry(m): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2020
Lamasta:
Land mass is one economic mass is another...

But Niger State is enough to stand as a country with a huge land mass grin

Lagos state has the least land mass but is enough to sponsor the whole Nigeria budget as small as it is the billions or trillions coming out from there will develop the whole land mass of all Nigeria if there is no corruption.

All these Lagosians overhyping Lagos State I tire for una oooo.
Just this morning, someone made a comment on how Lagos State alone could sponsor the whole Nigeria's budget in one of the posts here.
The other day another Lagosian said that Lagos was the state with the largest economy in the entire African continent, I was shocker than Buhari sef because Lagos was not even in the top 5- Lagos is far below Johannesburg, Cape Town, Cairo etc in terms of GDP alone.

Come back to Nigeria, Lagos made an IGR of ₦398 billion in the whole of last year 2019. That amount of money is not even enough to fund Lagos' 2019 budget which was set at over half a trillion Naira.
For your information, Akwa Ibom State alone contributed roughly that amount (₦380 billion) PER MONTH(not per year oooo) to the Nigerian economy in 2019 in the sales of over one hundred and eighty million barrels of crude oil at an average of price of 65 dollars per barrel.

If every state were to survive on their resources, you would notice how Lagos would be struggling to keep up with even the smallest Niger-Delta state.

The most important state to Nigeria's economy is Akwa Ibom State, followed by Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa States.
These four states alone produce over 93% of Nigeria's oil literally catering for the economy needs of the entire country but when we want to talk about financial muscle, only Lagos State comes to the fore.

AKWA IBOM STATE MAKES LAGOS' YEARLY REVENUE IN A MONTH.

Lagos is overhyped, Akwa Ibom is underrated.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Omoba Niyi Aborishade Shot Dead In Lagos (PDP Chairman) / Photos Of The Female Soldier Who Died In Army Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.